January 2019 Moms
Options

Say what????

Re: Say what????

• Options
    @sweetyjenj I just ignored her and kept looking at my computer. If my job didn't require me to basically be a fly on the wall, I would have said something. But I'm not supposed to engage with the patients or involve myself in the conversation in any way. Lame, I know. 
  • Options
    My MIL said “it seems like you really get big fast.” Uh thanks? I’ve gained way less weight than I did last time by this point. I guess I can’t escape being compared to my SILs. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@pttomato we weren't even engaged in a conversation about weight gain or pregnancy, for that matter. She was packing up to leave for the day. It was the weirdest thing. 

Yeah, it’s weird and annoying. I would have random people come up to me at the store or walking down the street and make pregnancy comments. It’s like seeing a pregnant woman makes people crazy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm really self conscious about how big my bump is already and how much weight I've gained, and I'm thoroughly expecting these comments to start rolling in... I may cry.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @MrsDho11 I know it's easier said than done, but fight fire with fire to stop the stupid, insensitive comments. The last time someone told me my face is getting really round, I just point blank said, "I don't appreciate comments on my appearance."
    I was cranky that day, but why do we feel so beholden to be polite when people are being rude to us? 
  • Options
    +1 to the caffeine comments! First of all, I'm drinking decaf and just enjoy a warm beverage, and second of all its not my coworkers job to police my eating habits. I've been trying to be nice and explain to them the rule my doctor told me (200mg) but I'm losing patience :neutral:

• Options
    Today when I told someone I am due in January she responded “Oh. You still have a really long time.”
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    pttomato said:
    Today when I told someone I am due in January she responded “Oh. You still have a really long time.”
    I received a similar comment over the weekend. Accurate, but depressing lol

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 Same, and I'm bored of the tediousness of the question. I'm still a person, independent of being a pregnant woman. Ask about my dogs or something, lol.
  • Options
    @leighbrek exactly! It’s like suddenly to non-pregnant people, my pregnant-ness now defines me. As if I am not still the same person with the same interests as before. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @saltedcaramel518 cringing for you. The whole preconceived notion of what a family "should" look like bothers me. X amount of boys and X amount of girls! As though anything other than happy & healthy & loving matters. 

I've posted on here before about this, but we get "so when's the wedding??" all the time.. Erm, same time it would have been before we got pregnant lol. Just waiting on someone to go "oh, oops!" so I can be like nope....planned.
  • Options
    @BitterBetty12 I also get annoyed with people asking how I'm feeling, or asking "how are things with the baby"? Ummm I don't actually know the details, it's growing in there? As for me, still sick, thanks? As others said, I try to be honest as to not perpetuate glowing pregnancy lies (LOL).

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @kns1988 I’m jealous!  I work with a bunch of men as while, and while they’ve been sweet and supportive, no one has brought me snacks yet!  That would be awesome!
  • Options
    kns1988 said:
    @leighbrek I love the understated perks! All of my coworkers are men, and I frequently come back to a bag of chips or candy bar sitting on my desk. It's how they quietly support me being pregnant :) 
    I love this! Starting a "Random Acts of Kindness" thread because I need a little faith in humanity to read about these days
  • Options
    I just don’t understand why so many people, especially other moms, feel the need to tear FTMs down. Maybe they feel bad because their birth didn’t go the way they'd hoped, or breastfeeding didn’t work out for them, but we should be cheering and encouraging our fellow moms on in their hopes and plans. Yes, be there for them if things don’t go as planned for them, but don’t discourage them by telling them the can’t do it.

So to all the FTMs out there; you can do it! Whatever “it” may be for you!
    THIS!  Parenthood has enough of its own challenged without people trying to claw each other down. Insecurities ruin so much and I do not have time for people in my life who are telling me what I can and cannot do.  WE are the ones going through OUR pregnancy, OUR labor and birth, OUR journey of parenthood (ahem...life).  Screw them, we are all doing what we think is best and that is what truly is best for us.  F%%% the haters.

Image result for meryl streep gif

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    We have a son and this baby is a girl, and I cannot tell y'all how many of my husband's family members have shrieked and crowed about how blessed we are and that we are done now, hurray! Ummmm... es'cuse me? I'm happy you're happy, but spoiler alert- we would be just as excited and just as done if it was another boy. Also, 🙌🙌🙌🙌 to letting other parents make their own choices even if they might be different than our own. We all just want to live our best lives both for us and our kids, and another spoiler alert - there is no right way to parent, only right for you. Anyone who says different is insecure in their own lives and should be avoided, full stop. You do you, girl - we all got this shit.
  • Options
    @AliKay20 Wow, that first tech was totally unprofessional! There are so many things wrong with what she said that I don't even know where to start. I also work in healthcare, and I'm currently working on a project with the maternal fetal medicine clinic that I'm also a patient at. Luckily, everyone has been totally professional. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @AliKay20 yeah, any amount of gasping unless its a legit emergency is probably unprofessional in the medical field.
  • Options
    I agree w you ladies! I wouldn’t have panicked but when she said how much she wanted to scan me that moment, I have thought the worst. I told her I had my anatomy scan a week ago and he’s just ahead by a week in terms of size and everything measured right around 20-21 weeks. Luckily, the OBGYNs I worked w didn’t seem concerned whatsoever when they asked my due date. 
  • Options
    My coworker who is not pregnant, no kids was asking how I'm feeling. I don't mind this since on my office floor I'm the only who one is/has ever been pregnant except a temp. They are curious and care about me. Lots of them are experiencing being around a pregnant person every day for the first time.

I said I was pretty good but having some back pain shooting down my leg lately and was going to yoga tonight. But then the temp sitting next to her said oh wow are you in the third trimester now? I said no, I'm 23 weeks. She goes oh wow, you're only half way there. You have a loonnnnggg way to go girl. She always seems to enjoy telling me how hard everything is going to be. Thanks, that's so helpful. 
  • Options
    @greenhillgirl this is a big pregnancy pet peeve for me. I hate when people ask how I am and then invalidate whatever my answer is by saying “just wait” or “it only gets worse” or something similar. I respond with a variation of “well this is what I’m feeling now so thanks for asking.”

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    @rooonilwaazlib my favorite is when they go “oh I never had to deal with that...” like oh good for you that you didn’t have to work 10 hour days with extreme nausea
  • Options
    I always get the how are you feeling questions, and I’ve started to just lie and say good, because I feel like all I do is complain otherwise.

@sfgiantsgamerbabe that’s awesome you have such a good relationship with your mom and can just laugh about it! I’m so jealous. My mother and I have never seen eye to eye on things and it only gets worse as I get older. She asked me for the 6th time last week if I was sure I wasn’t having twins. (It’s probably been more than six, actually). Annoyed, I called her on it, and she rushed to tell me that it would just be really nice if it was twins and that she meant nothing by my size. She then proceeds to ask how much weight I’ve gained, and is shocked that it’s under 5lbs (I was overweight to begin with, so around 5lbs is on track for me)... I just can’t win with her.