February 2019 Moms

The Great Name Thread!

Re: The Great Name Thread!

• @rachstar18 I will absolutley keep my name a secret between my H & I.  I feel like this forum is my opportunity to get all these secrets off my chest without actually telling anyone I know.  Like talk therapy 
    This! 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• lea-v3lea-v3 member
    McKBaby said:
    @rachstar18 I will absolutley keep my name a secret between my H & I.  I feel like this forum is my opportunity to get all these secrets off my chest without actually telling anyone I know.  Like talk therapy 
    This! 
    Yes. This is us too. I don't want people opinions on what I call my children, tyvm. I'm considering keeping sex a secret too because it's our last and I have this weird need to keep it as private as possible. Maybe that will change in a few months, who knows.
  • Loading the player...
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    @McKBaby I love Finn! I wanted Steven, nn Finn. I just can't see calling a baby Steven or worse, Steve. DH vetoed already :(

@kayjay44 my family is from Norway :) we used Elinor for our daughter. My mom is Ingrid. I love that name. 

DH is insanely picky and doesn't like anything unique or "foreign" sounding.. One whole side of my family is Sigird, Borgehild, Astrid,etc. so I have a different opinion on what "foreign" is ;) But, if I had my choice-
    Girls: Caroline, Lena, Marit, Eva. I love Christiana, but it know it won't go over well.
    Middle name is Michelle, and i won't budge as its after an aunt who passed away recently.
    Boys: Steven/Finn, Henry (nn Harry, which is a family name, but cousin has a variation already), Kurt/Curtis. We'll have an awful time if it's a boy. We couldn't come up with one when I was pregnant with #2, but she was a girl, so we lucked out.
  •  We haven't come up with many.. We wanted to name him/her something "different". I liked the idea of naming the boy after me or the girl after him similiar to how Willow Smith is named after her father and Jaydan after his mother. 
     Contradicting what I said before, we have two girls names and a unisex name. Winnie, Lila, and Erin. We have over 30 weeks left to come up with more, so time will tell.  :p  
  • For girls I like Emma, Olivia, Isla. Not set on any of these. I’m also kinda liking Gigi after my great grandmother but don’t know if that’s too out there. Haven’t come up with boy names.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    kmonroe2 said:
    For girls I like Emma, Olivia, Isla. Not set on any of these. I’m also kinda liking Gigi after my great grandmother but don’t know if that’s too out there. Haven’t come up with boy names.  
    I like Gigi! We called my great-grandma GG. Maybe a full name that works with a nn Gigi. Then you have options later. Like Georgia/Georgiana, Genevieve, Virginia, Angela/Angelina, Gillian..
  • My mom goes by Gigi instead of grandma

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• kayjay44 said:
    My mom goes by Gigi instead of grandma
    Mine does too. Which sucks because one of the names we came up with for a girl is Georgia/Gigi since that’s what I was going to be named. 

With our our son we had a girl name (Charlotte Elizabeth nn Charley) but no boy name until I randomly decided on Elliott after sobbing through Pete’s Dragon. This time we have a boy name (Lucas James) but no girl name
  • @BourbonBiscuits My brother's name is James Lucas William and he goes by Lucas. Love those names together! Also our number 1 name is Georgia after my dad who is George  o:) 
    ME: 32 DH: 34
    Married: 26/9/15
    TTC#1: 4/16
    BFP: 6/2/2018 | EDD: 2/8/2019
  • For a boy (which I think we are having a boy) 
    Rowan Joseph 
    For a girl I have no preference right now but my SO wants Luna and the middle name will be Jean regardless. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits Lucas James is a beautiful name. I love Lucas but DH isn't too keen. James is a name we can agree on but not a top contender right now. Together they sound perfect! 
  • Top two names for a girl are Caroline and Lilly. Not sure on middle name but want to incorporate some family name. We both really like Davis for a boy- also DH middle name so we will see. We had a really hard time agreeing on names when I was pregnant with DD so I’m just happy we have some names we both like. 
  • So my husband loves the name Clayton, which we were going to name our first, **TW** which we lost at 10 weeks **End TW**

He wants to use the name if this one is a boy, and I do like the name, but it kind of feels wrong to use it. Then I think I'm being silly... especially since we don't know that we would have even had a boy. 
  • We have chatted about potential names for some time but there's nothing that's been a "YES - let's use that".  

Cate, Eve, Claire, Quinn are girl front runners. 
    Reid, Tate, Jack, Luke are boy front runners. 

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We have chatted about potential names for some time but there's nothing that's been a "YES - let's use that".  

I may be biased but I love Quinn ;) (DD name ) . We get side eye sometimes especially from older people but usually we get complaints on her name. I love that it’s not out there but so far we have never met another Quinn. I love how at daycare I just have to put a “Q” on her belongings and they know they are hers. 
  • DH and I like Miles Rudy for a boy & Avery Marie for a girl.

Rudy and Marie are after DH's grandparents who are the reason we had a wedding and are now buying a house. They have both passed so this is our way of showing appreciation. 

PS. hope I'm using the abbreviations correctly! If not, I apologize.
  • We have settled on Natalia Aliscia for a girl and Jonathan Douglas for a boy

Douglas is my dads name but otherwise they are just simply names we both like.
  • For a girl, we love Eleanor nn Elle and Ellie. We want to use Paige as a middle name in honor of our best friend that passed away in May. First we need to make sure it’s okay with her family.
    For a boy, we are lost. I’m loving Waylon, Sterling (DH said no), Wyatt, Jameson, and Jagger. Thoughts?

I may be biased but I love Quinn ;) (DD name ) . We get side eye sometimes especially from older people but usually we get complaints on her name. I love that it’s not out there but so far we have never met another Quinn. I love how at daycare I just have to put a “Q” on her belongings and they know they are hers. 
    I agree Quinn is adorable, but my dang sister named her cat Quinn. A good friend from HS named her daughter Quincy which super adorable!!
  • We're pretty set if it's a boy. Definitely Samuel. Probably Samuel Jacob. 
    Girl contenders are Claire and Anna. We love Claire but finding a middle name is tough. Elizabeth probably sounds best but that's also my niece's middle name. Not sure that's a big deal. Other middle name options for Claire are Charlotte, Rebecca, Allison, and Evelyn. Anna would go with Marie (Anna Marie is my grandmother's given name), Grace or Claire. 
    Big brothers are Eli, Benjamin and Jack. 
  • ruby696 said:
    We kept our kids names a secret from family too. It's fun to have a secret and frankly, I don't want unsolicited opinions about the names we pick. And I don't want a name I love to be ruined because other people feel like they can tell me they hate it. People are less likely to tell you they don't like the name after your baby is born and it's a done deal. My MIL being the exception. She was so upset, she cried because DS's middle name is Benjamin. WTF lady?!
    Benjamin is a wonderful name!!!
  • kayjay44 said:
    @erinm278 - we debated using Ruth as a man after my mom (who is named after a family member). She quickly shot that down because she hates that it’s her first name (she goes by Chris as her mn is Christine. I’m debating doing it anyway. 
    I love the name Ruth!
  • @bellebaby221 - I like it too! Lucky for her this one (our third and last) is a boy. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• megpants209megpants209 member
    edited September 2018
    @bellebaby221 if we have a girl, I would like ours to be Anna also! I have loved this name for years. Anna Ryan specifically, Ryan is my middle name which I adore. 
  • @bellebaby221 if we have a girl ours will be Anna also! I have loved this name for years. Anna Ryan specifically, Ryan is my middle name which I adore. 
    I love it! 
  • My DD has named our baby jellyfish  :D:D
  • We named our daughter Gianna and we call her Gigi for short. Everyone loves it including her. 
  • I’m trying to talk my husband into Gianna for a middle name. 
  • Ok. What are some boy versions of (way of honoring):

Constance, Lynn, Nancy, Ruth, Lorraine

I absolutely love the last 3 for a girl but DH has vetoed -_-

TIA 
  • @episcowitch- maybe Proletariat? I mean it starts with a P! ;). I hear ya. And changing it to Prophet just sounds pretentious and like a lot of pressure... welp, not your fault they have problematic name!
  • Oh yikes @episcowitch.... I'm not super keen on last names as middle names anyway, I feel like it robs the person of a back up name. But Proffitt?   :#
  • @episcowitch Non Proffit. :D That’s hilarious, I’m dead. Thanks, I needed a laugh today!
  • @episcowitch hard pass on proffit. There's no other name on his mom's side you can use?