October 2018 Moms

Randoms 6/22

14567810»

Re: Randoms 6/22

• @knottieamusements my husband is the same way. He is very much ambidextrous. He writes with his right hand, but doesn’t many other things (eat, golf, bat) lefty. My son has yet to show a preference which doesn’t surprise me based on H.
  • I write with my right hand but do most things with my left as well, dribble a ball, use scissors, I can throw both but better right, same with batting, you can always start them out switching back and forth to strengthen both sides and that'd be cool too
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought DS a toddler bed last night, and will be setting it up to transition him next week! Nervous for how that’s going to go, but excited too. A little sad that my baby is growing up so fast! 
  • MylittaMylitta member
    edited July 2018
    @knottieamusements I think lefthandedness is fairly accepted now. But worst case there's TONS of lefty stuff online - like spiral notebooks with the spiral on the right so they write on the pages correctly, etc. I'm pretty sure DS will be a righty because he eats most often with his right. My brother is left and several on H's side.
    However H and I both use both regularly. I wouldn't say ambidextrous because that's tough to fill, but likely more a 60/40 or 65/35 type of idea. 

ETA: I think the general accepted timeline for preference is 3 yrs old. DS used his left almost exclusively until 1, then swapped. He still uses his left often, just has shown a preference for his right when he wants to use silverware (he's not good at that yet.)
  • Mine is a week from today.
  • chyviechyvie member
    @jenchoo I had two eggs scrambled with hot sauce instead of ketchup and a slice of multi grain toast. It was boring. 
    I felt nauseous by the end of the hour and almost passed out for my blood work. 
    Microwaving eggs are never a good idea  :D
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @sparklingwhit welcome back! how’d you land in bump jail?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still can’t love tit anything apparently. This app sucks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Still can’t love tit anything apparently. This app sucks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Speaking of missing members, has anyone heard from mytrueloves since she got put on bedrest?
  • chyviechyvie member
    based on my results posted on my online chart I think I passed the glucose challenge!
    The normal range is 4.0 - 7.7 mmol/L and I got 6.2 mmol/L
    My White blood counts are very high but I'm guessing that is from my surgery and fighting the infection. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @knottieamusements I missed that entirely. When did that happen?
  • @cdepperschmidt - last weekend.  

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/90688698#Comment_90688698

I can’t remember if she Bumps on her computer rather than a smart phone.  
  • I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks at the end of July, when my doctor wanted me to do the glucose test. So he's waiting until I get back. I'm going to have to try really hard to eat well while traveling/working.
  • chyviechyvie member
    @melbo444 don't stress too much because I ate the worst the last two weeks and passed my test today. I have never ate so much junk before. I don't think it has anything to do with what you are eating before just how your blood reacts to sugar. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• chyviechyvie member
    @mytrueloves hope the bed rest isn't too boring and
    You are using the time to make amazing lists!
    I'm glad to hear your little one is staying in there. Do what you got to do to keep it that way. All the best. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @knottieamusements I wouldn’t put too much stock in the fact that your Baby is a lefty at this point. DS is 2.5 and still goes back and forth between both hands. 
    This. Hand dominance isn’t able to be determined until the child is 4 or 5, sometimes 3 (according to early intervention therapists that evaluated my twins). We still don’t know for one of my boys and they’re 5, although he may be ambidextrous (my husband has an aunt and uncle that both are).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @chyvie how high is your white count? During pregnancy it tends to run much higher than normal anyway, so they always flag as “High” even though they are the expected/normal range for pregnant women. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mytrueloves glad to hear from you!! Hopefully Friday goes well! 
  • chyviechyvie member
    @jennybean80 they are a 12 but I'm normally 9 the last couple months. Nothing too high but jusr outside the normal range. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @chyvie that’s not too bad. Up to 14.6 is considered normal in second tri :smile:
  • chyviechyvie member
    Good to know! Thanks! :)
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016