October 2018 Moms

Pregnancy achievement: unlocked!

Re: Pregnancy achievement: unlocked!

• First Braxton Hicks contractions freaked me out last night. 
  • My husband and I keep laughing about my belly button. It's still an innie, just much shallower than it used to be. It cracks me up to stand in the mirror and be able to see the whole bottom of it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The checkout lady at the grocery store looked straight at my bump and said, "That's a girl baby, right? And it's your first?" Haha, both true. I know the carrying high/low thing is just an old wives' tale, but she got it right. She said she sees lots of baby bumps.
  • @melbo444 If someone would say that to me today (I’m feeling sassy) I would have said, “Nope, second. I shoved my 18 mo old toddler up there too so they could get to know each other and I could have some peace while getting groceries.”
  • @nikimelon welcome to the club, been waddling since week 12 over here.  :#
  • I've successfully tanned the inside of my previously innie belly button. It's still flat, but there was a visible white circle on my stomach for a solid two weeks until i could get some sun. The bump is nice and tan now, which makes me feel better too. I always feel like I look ill when I come out of winter!

On a sadder note, i had to have my mom cut and file my toenails because I was too uncomfortable smushing myself to get to them. I also had to resort to getting Brazilian waxes because I can't see the lady parts anymore. I figure the immense pain of a wax will help prepare my brain for childbirth (i wish).
  • I just felt baby hiccups for first time this pregnancy!! I forgot how quick they are! Awww
  • @nasalot188 Aww yay! Those are my favorite!
  • At my appointment yesterday the doctor so kindly pointed out my linea nigra.. I didnt even notice it until we were under those damn florescent lights!! 
    Also I caught my nipple ring on my finger when lotioning so I grabbed my boob to look at it and squeezed just enough to cause a leakage.. that was weird. 
  • @chyvie same here! I feel kicks like crazy and when DH puts his hand on my belly, she stops. Troublemaker already!
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    edited June 2018
    @quiltandknit @chyvie that’s exactly what mine has been doing! It drives my H crazy!
  • @quiltandknit @chyvie @rc-cola same here! I feel so bad for DH haha 
  • G is responding somewhat to DHs voice. He crawled into bed last night and G started moving after DH started talking. He's been able to feel him a few times now.
  • Poor SS. I've tried a few times today to get him to feel G. Every time I think he's active enough, he stops when SS comes.
  • @hannaht8516 My innie is still too deep to see the bottom of :(
  • So, a month ago, I could slide my whole body under the guest bed.  I discovered tonight that is no longer an option.  At least the air return I needed to access was close enough to the edge of the bed that I didn’t need to physically get under it (though doing so would have made things easier...
  • @mytrueloves don't feel bad. I tried for a while to hide the audible farts from DH, but it's just so frequent now that I've given up. I still draw the line at bathroom, though. Definitely no open door #1 or #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Welp, I have my first ever pregnancy yeast infection. Fun times. 
  • Belly got kicked/jabbed enough that my belly moved sideways! Baby is for sure getting stronger! 
    Also noticed something on my breast this morning and was in a weird spot so grabbed my breast and had a drop of colostrum come out! The something on my breast I can only assume was dried colostrum! Lol 
  • @sweetsweettooth what are you doing about the dried colostrum? I'm finding it a B to try to get off.
  • @chopchop25 mine dried like a little glue tube. Think piece of hair thin so I just pulled it off. Was so weird  Happened twice now. 
  • @SweetSweetTooth I've had it happen a few times in the last week or so. Pulled it off last week and it left a tiny speck of blood, but when I tried this week on the other side, it hurt too much to pull and I felt like it might have been grabbing on to some skin or something. It's too sensitive to scrub, so I bought some cream but not sure what else to do or what the 'right level' of management is.

Also it's totally grossing me out when I have to deal with it and I don't like it.  :s
  • @chopchop25 @SweetSweetTooth Damp paper towel?? Soften it up and wipe it off maybe(:
  • Mine has just been getting crusty around my nipples, but coming off fairly easily. At least, I assume it's colostrum since it's clearly coming out of my nipples. It's completely clear and in very small amounts (like a droplet).
  • @sammierose464 ugh, jealous. Mine is not as easy to deal w/ at all - it's dried on and a bit more than that. Vom.
  • My belly button used to be really deep and with my twins it only got flat. By the end I was measuring something like 50 weeks too, so I was huge.  This time it popped really early, but that’s because I developed a hernia from lifting one of my boys at 16 weeks.  I kind of hate that it pops out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My nipples have been crusty this entire pregnancy. That’s what happens when you quit nursing and then get pregnant soon after.
  • @purplegoldfish2 I'm love titting because it gives me hope my belly button might not pop out!! Sorry about the hernia though. Yuck
  • Mine (belly button) is definitely more shallow, however I'm hoping since it is so deep already it won't pop out.