October 2018 Moms

Pregnancy achievement: unlocked!

Re: Pregnancy achievement: unlocked!

• @SweetSweetTooth  +1 for all the slip on shoes already! I am already so uncomfortable when I have to bend over for anything! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @linssears4 I think I got my linea nigra around 6 or 7 months? And sorry to tell you, but my DD is 15 months and it just went away about a month or two ago. I've heard that it doesnt really go away until you are done nursing and we nursed until February so it was true for me.
  • @linssears4 not everyone gets a linea nigra (I never did, and was the size of a house with my twins), but it usually shows up around the beginning of second tri. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is it weird that I actually am hoping to get a linea negra?  But not particularly sold on having an outie...
  • I'm not looking forward to the outie bellybutton. Mine is much wider and flattening- definitely lots of lint at the end of the day. 

I was also going to look into some slip on shoes today. I know it's only a matter of time before I won't be able to tie my shoes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didnt have linea nigra with my twins either. I also don’t recall getting an outie - it just got flat and stretched out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not looking forward to the linea negra. Last time it took mine about 8 months to finally fade away. 
  • So I feel like my belly hair is getting darker where the linea negra would be. Probably all in my head, but it's super weird!
  • I'm just growing more/faster hair around my bellybutton... stupid PCOS.
  • @jemmerjams I also have darker hair on my belly where a linea nigra would be. Its so weird! (And I definitely dont have PCOS)
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited April 2018
    @kiwi2628 I'm not the only one! Haha. My body hair is almost blonde so it's weird to see it darker.

Edit to add: I'm not a blonde. Just have light brown (head) hair and even lighter brown body hair lol.
  • Yes, I've been getting more belly hair, too. Definitely darker. I'm having a boy so I'm worried all the testosterone will make me even hairier.
    When my sister was pregnant with her son, one day her husband went to pull a long black hair off her shoulder thinking it was just a shed hair, and then says "nope that's attached to you!".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Weird, my linea negra from DS faded to super super light pretty fast. And we nursed until just a few weeks ago. Now it's darkening back up again.

And my belly button never popped out. It got flat, like it was close to popping, but never did. Hoping it doesn't this time either. But it's already getting flatter much earlier, so we'll see.
  • @mancheno Im having a boy and I’ve been worried about getting super hairy too! I definitely have more belly fuzz but it’s very light blonde. (I’m a ginger so fx it at least stays light even if it turns into a forest.) I HATE body hair so someone please tell me the extra hair is temporary!!
  • No linea here either during my first pregnancy. I had a boy last time and I feel like my dark hairs in weird places actually got lighter. 
  • eireyes said:
    My achievement is I've kept running for longer in this pregnancy then I have in either of my other two - I ran my quarter marathon this past weekend, and I'm stupidly thinking of signing up for a 10k in early June. I've already registered for a 5K in three weeks (that I'll have to push 80lbs of kid and stroller in). I look at myself some days and think I've totally lost my mind...
    That's awesome! I couldn't exercise at all with my daughter but this pregnancy I've kept up with my daily run/walks (because somedays Momma just doesn't have the energy for a run) and I've done a 5k and 10k so far. I keep telling people that boy pregnancies are the funk!
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • eireyeseireyes member
    @jemmerjams not yet thankfully! I'm afraid if I stop it will be though, so that's my biggest motivation to keep going. I figure I'll probably need a support belt at some point, but if that's all it takes bring it on! Honestly, I think my abs are in much better shape this time around because I've been consistently running, so I wonder if that helps? 

• @eireyes well that's a possibility, my core strength is shit.  :D
  • I just hit 14 weeks and yesterday I was taking pictures for my little sister's prom. I'm still trying to wear my "normal" jeans and an extender, but I didn't wear a long enough shirt and while i was taking pictures you could see my panties since I couldn't zip my pants up all the way- made everyone giggle. They don't get the pregnant struggle lol.
    This right here is why I ended up buying maternity pants this weekend (15w tomorrow). I sat down in a meeting last week and could feel my panties showing so I decided that was not an appropriate look for work.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • edited May 2018
    each time I eat I drop some food on me. Ugh. Trying not to ruin lots of new to me tops and pants!!

Edit for bump jumping my cursor around and screwing up my text. 
  • Swollen toes here, they look like little sausages!!
  • finally ordered some maternity clothes, FTM at 16W, and while I still don't feel like I have a "bump" (really it looks more like just bloat), all the work pants have given up on me this past week. Looking forward to stretchy comfort!!!
  • each time I eat I drop some food on me. Ugh. Trying not to ruin lots of new to me tops and pants!!

Edit for bump jumping my cursor around and screwing up my text. 
    This is me all the time, not just when I’m pregnant!

I officially look pregnant -a random stranger congratulated me today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    edited May 2018
    @eireyes that’s awesome! I’ve been trying to keep up running too. I’ve definitely dropped mileage and speed but it feels good to still be out there. Are you running with added ankle support? My ob recommended doing that because of looser ligaments but it makes my ankles so sweaty.
  • @mamabearcj you might need more salt in your diet. I know it sounds opposite of what you would think but you do need salt to cut back on swelling! 
  • @SweetSweetTooth it's only happened once and I think it was from driving 7 hours straight but I will definitely remember the salt!!
  • @mamabearcj - Next time try some compression socks!

(off to add that to my packing list for this weekend...)
  • I'm have to look into some for future road trips!!
  • chyviechyvie member
    First time struggling to shave my bikini area for our trip tomorrow! Lots of pushing the bump out of the way! Probably doesn't help I haven't shaved in months - just trimmed!  :D
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• mamabearcjmamabearcj member
    edited May 2018
    @chyvie I plan to get it all waxed tomorrow, it's been over a month and I'm just not interested to start shaving again lol