October 2018 Moms

Randoms 6/1

Re: Randoms 6/1

• I knew a brother and sister with the last name “Wood” and their names were Holly and Drift...
  • @rc-cola My aunt had always wanted to name her daughter Holly but got married to a Wood. Luckily, she moved on to other names. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplegoldfish2 Lmao! I wish I could say this hasn’t happened before with my kids...sadly not the case.

Adults doing it have no excuses!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Annoyed I have to go find a new bathing suit before next weekend because my boobs don't fit anything. Ugh sometimes to giant boobs...
  • @purplegoldfish2 haha that’s awesome! Luckily the mystery pooper has stayed under the radar the last few weeks, though I’m always nervous they’ll make a comeback appearance! 
  • We never tell names before the kids are born for multiple reasons - we don’t want anybody’s opinions, there’s a chance we’ll change our minds, and I don’t want a bunch of personalized gifts with their names on it.  

ahhh, I agree with not wanting a bunch of personalized gifts. My MIL is super into monograms and putting names on things, so I know this kid will end up with a bunch of stuff later. 
  • After working with the public for far too long, I’ve come across the last name of Overthehill and the first name of Areola.
  • @hannaht8516 I may be in the same situation.  I have a dress that is strapless but my strapless bra doesn’t fit anymore so I threw on my too big for me bathing suit that I bought when I was still losing baby weight from the boys. It was pretty tight.  I’m hoping I can make it work all summer but anticipating that I may need a new suit before summer is over.

@sammierose464  OMG, I got that book for the boys recently and read it with them and it never occurred to me that those were real places in Boston! Do you know where the statues are? We go twice a year and now I need to take my boys to see them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 I believe it's in the Commons or the Gardens.
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited June 2018

@sammierose464  OMG, I got that book for the boys recently and read it with them and it never occurred to me that those were real places in Boston! Do you know where the statues are? We go twice a year and now I need to take my boys to see them.

It’s in the Public Garden, closest MBTA stop is Arlington station on the green line.
  • @sammierose464 I love that book...it was one of my favs growing up!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • +1 for boobs not fitting in anything. Glad to know I’m not alone. I finally caved and ordered two new bras... now I need to find a swimsuit
  • Getting more stuff cleared out of the basement and it's almost ready for a complete reno!! I can't wait to be able to actually see a nursery space and make it perfect!!
  • @cdepperschmidt that just makes me think of Black Forest cake with chocolate sprinkles. Fat kid for life over here.
    Now I want cake. :)
  • +1 for Black Forest cake. Yum!!!
  • ditto, I was checking for an update last night. Hope everything is well.
  • We're on the road to Eastern Kansas to drop off the food boxes we packed the other week. We left around 6 a.m. And will be on the road for a couple hours yet. The kids are getting wild and restless and are going to drive me insane yet. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • I couldn't figure out what I wanted for lunch. Decided on Popeyes. Bad choice. It wasn't that good
  • @cdepperschmidt that just makes me think of Black Forest cake with chocolate sprinkles. Fat kid for life over here.
    Mmmm cake!!!!!
  • DF is taking ODD to our local Pride parade with his best friend this weekend and I'm really sad that I can't go. 
    I’m looking forward to taking Blast to Pride!  Sorry you don’t get to go this year.  :(
  • @knottieamusements It's okay. We both agreed that the crowd and the noise wouldn't be the best for the baby. Maybe we'll all go next year though!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @sammierose464 - My lunch was also a bad choice.  :(
  • Oh. My. God. YOU ARE SO LUCKY, @knottieamusements

I am insanely jealous!