October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 5/18

Re: Randoms 5/18

• Options
    Whoa just catching up after a busy day!!!

@chyvie that is so brutal, I'm sorry you are going through this. At least you have AS to look forward to tkmorrow!

Today was such a busy day at work. It's my anniversary today and we're supposed to be able to leave an hour early on that day, but I had to stay late instead :( not pleased. Hope to sneak out early tomorrow and celebrate with DH.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @knottieamusements OMG she totally is! That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh  :D 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    That was the best. 
  • Options
    @chyvie I hope they get your infection under control!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chyvie I'm sorry you're going through this but at least you have a game plan! Hopefully your Dr. Takes this more seriously now.

@knottieamusements thanks for the laugh! Haha

@mamabearcj I'm sorry you got jostled but glad you're all ok! Congrats on becoming God parents!
  • Options
    @jandmnumber1 so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! Definitely check in when you can, and you’re not alone in your feelings about being toward the end of your month :)
  • Options
    cjx95cjx95 member
    @jandmnumber1 totally understand getting behind on everything! Some days I'm caught up some days I don't check in for a couple hours and I'm catching up for almost an hour or two! Don't worry about the "right time" to jump in! Just give someone a shoutout you're specifically referencing and feel free to add to conversation whenever you can!(:
  • Options
    I may have the pregnancy brain, but my husband already has dad/husband/typical guy ears. We talked last night about what time he needs to pick me up to go to the AS today, and then this morning he asks again with something totally wrong! I swear... 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @hannaht8516 this is my DH with every appointment I've had lately.  It's become a running joke.  
  • Options
    @SawyerRichardson I still have a hard time with regular coffee, but iced coffee is working out just fine!
  • Options
    @sliztee omg thats amazing. I feel like my H has said similar things '...I don't want you to nag me except about this specific thing'....which ends up being quite a few things he wants me to nag him about, lol
  • Options
    Ugh my cats done that a few times @DunkinDecaf it's so sad. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Also I feel like men just cannot listen. I don't get it. I forget exactly what it was but I told DH about something literally 3 times. We were driving back from a party and he asked me if I knew about that same thing. I swear it's like he wants me to be annoyed at him or something. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited May 2018
    @sammierose464 welcome to town! I might be in the minority but I find Newbury Street shopping totally underwhelming so I wouldn't go out of your way. I much prefer North End, Waterfront, Fanieul Hall and Government Center for walking around. If you go to the Aquarium area you can ogle the seals for free :)

Norwood is on the commuter rail, which you never want to take unless you are actually, like, commuting. That's my train line, actually! You can find $20 parking lots of places downtown, Back Bay station garage is one I know. I'm sure there are a ton of others so expect to pay roughly $20-$30 as others have said.

i also find the silver line to and from the airport to be really reliable.
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    Had a hotdog for lunch, @jynjer91. Pretty sure I'm not supposed to do that, but...it was kosher?
  • Options
    So I took a shower and cleaned up the house and I feel much better. I think I'm just getting into nesting mode and getting frustrated that our house has been a mess. We've been renovating out kitchen for almost an ENTIRE YEAR. We're almost done, just have to finish repainting one section of the lower cabinets and that countertop. I'm just sick of things being half done. I told H that we have to finish it by the end of June. No excuses.

I don't know how you ladies are all moving in the middle of everything. I'd be going crazy!

Completely agree with the men not listening thing too. Sometimes I swear H just does an automatic "uh huh" but doesn't actually listen to what I say at all.
  • Options
    Every time y'all mention food, I need it. Stopping somewhere to get hotdogs before I go home. Lol My H never looks like he's listening. If I assume he is, of course he misses everything. If I assume he's not, he repeats back what I said word for word. I can't stand him sometimes. :D

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @kiwi2628 UO but I would open it now so you can put it together. I know it violates etiquette, but I would call and thank her and say something along the lines of how sweet it was for her to get this for you, especially so early, and then maybe invite her over for some tea and to see it.

No one wants to build a crib 8 months pregnant.

• Options
    slizteesliztee member
    @chopchop25 She means she doesn't even have it in her possession! Her friend had it delivered to her own house! I'd probably have to drop a line and be like "Thank you so much! I can haz now?"
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    @kiwi2628, I'm just impressed that you have a registry... I need to work on that.

@DunkinDecaf, ugh. One of our dogs does that. She's never brought anything into the house, luckily, but we've had a few incidents in the yard... it's always gross.
  • Options
    cjx95cjx95 member
    @kiwi2628 agree with @chopchop25 see about asking her if there's any way for you to get it to your house sooner than later and have her there with you Maybe even to set it up and habe that quality time with you
  • Options
    I don't think I can ask her to get it sooner. If she was my bestie, yea, I would probably ask her, but I think it would be poor etiquette to ask for it sooner, so I am just going to (im)patiently wait
  • Options
    krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited May 2018
    @kiwi2628 I mean, I think you could probably swing that so it doesn't sound so bad?? Like "I know my baby shower isn't until whenever, but oh my god you bought my crib?! I didn't expect anyone to get that! Thank you!" Feel the conversation out and see where it goes. Maybe she'll offer to bring it? Or maybe you'll find an opening to mention how difficult it'll be to set everything up at 8 months? I don't know her or your relationship with her, but just a thought.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I totally think you have the right to ask for it sooner. Thank her for the generous gift and explain that you were going to get the crib with the discount and set it up well before the shower because you need to set up the nursery.  I don't think that is unreasonable and she should totally understand if you explain it. Maybe you can get her to take a picture of it all set up and you smiling to put in a card so you can open it and show everyone at the shower?  
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @kiwi2628

First question- do you already have a place to set it up ready?  If not, wait a bit.  The crib boxes are ginormous, and you don’t want to have to clean and nest around that.  

Beyond that- regardless of whether you get the crib now or later, you need to wrangle two strapping men to fetch it for you.  Again- large heavy box.  (Think about how tall and wide the back panel of the crib is- and add 6-8 inches.). Then offer the men beer and pizza to assemble it for you.  

I have Blast’s crib in my basement.  No freaking way am I going to try to get it upstairs and assembled on my own.  Not pregnant, maybe- one piece at a time.  Pregnant?  Nope. Not even.  
  • Options
    Full disclosure, you don’t need a crib on day 1. So you can always build it after the kid is born! Dd used a rock and play and pack and play until we finally got a crib 4 months in!