June 2018 Moms

Symptoms {March edition}

1789101113»

Re: Symptoms {March edition}

• Austenista  Austenista member
    edited March 2018
    @laceybee522 Boo that they're making you spend another night. I know that's probably frustrating regardless of them feeling like that's the best thing to do at this point. 

Funnily when I did the 24 hour catch last time they only gave me one jug, but I was 36 weeks pregnant and definitely needed 2 jugs. I had to go to the hospital and get a second jug and hightail it back to the house to catch it without peeing myself. It was a struggle. If I ever have to do it again, I'm asking for two jugs out the gate! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 bummer you have to stay another night. Super great news on the BP and contractions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @LaceyBee522 thanks for the update! Glad things are looking better but sorry you have to stay another night!  Also, as a nurse, I would be impressed you needed another jug LOL!  Trust me, nurses have a warped sense of what's funny/impressive and very few things gross us out.  
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @LaceyBee522 Glad you're doing better and I hope YH ended up bringing you the fabulous dinner @dinodna3 suggested! Hopefully you can get that shower tomorrow :)
  • izza2izza2 member
    @LaceyBee522 - That OB sounds like he has a stick up his bum! What a rude thing to say - insinuating you care more about being home than the lives of your LOs. :angry: Hopefully the doc on today gives you much better care/information!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Ugh @LaceyBee522 I’m sorry... I hate it when doctors aren’t just straight up with the patient about the plan of care. Fingers crossed the one today will have a real conversation with you and you can get home. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Seems to be typical doctor attitude to keep the patient in the dark. I don't understand it at all. I get that they might not know the details yet, but it would help to have an open dialogue about the possibilities and what if's, so at least you don't have to sit around and let your mind wander to places of anxiety or frustration.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 sorry that doctor was such a tool. FX for a better communicating one today. 
  • @LaceyBee522 so glad you might be finally free (obv in good health). If a doctor ever tries to keep me in the dark like that they’re getting stabbed. They can’t just hold you hostage and then be like, “well it MIGHT be for your own good.” Absurd. 
  • @LaceyBee522 thinking of you still. Did they ever spring ya? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @laceybee522 yay!! Hope you're home in comfort now!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @LaceyBee522 I’m so glad your home. Aside from monitoring your BP, did they give you any other restrictions or figure out what the cause was? 
  • @marcus7676 Nothing else. I'm hoping I can talk to my doctor today and get more info. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not really a 'symptom' per say, but anyone else have someone mention about they're booty!?

Coworker was asking if I was working out because it looks like my bum has got some good formation.
    I guess the squatting down to get anything has it's perks lmao!

I asked my H and my mum about it and they noticed it also but never said anything {H: "tbh I get distracted by your boobs :| "}
    Pre pregnancy clothes and undies still fit, so idk lmao!
  • @LaceyBee522 Glad to hear you're officially out.  I'd say good call on thinking about packing your hospital bag - better early than feeling unprepared!