June 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms {March edition}

Re: Symptoms {March edition}

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 good to know and that makes a lot of sense. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 thank you for sharing. mine is definitely not due to hypermobility, and I'm guessing is a result of my pelvic floor.  PT was recommended after my last delivery (they recommend PT for major tears now), but I never did it.  Given my issues now, I'm going to look into that post-delivery.

I've heard of the exercise with your fist between your knees, but not the one with the belt. I may try that tonight.

My NP recommended cat cow as a way to shift the baby, but with no restrictions on leg placement.  I'll have to keep that in mind.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I will say the exercises hurt like a bitch the first round, but as we kept doing it, it eased up. So don’t freak if it hurts at first (but if it doesn’t get better toward 8 or 9, maybe don’t keep doing it).
  • Options
    This baby moves so much!!  Even with an anterior placenta I seriously feel him everywhere on my abdomen!  I can see him move, kick, punch, etc.

Right now I am currently getting hit in the ribs and punched in the cervix repeatedly.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    ***TW - sensitive lady-bits surgery mentioned ***

Ladies, not to freak anyone out or anything, but pelvic floor disorders are no joke. My friend's mom is having surgery next month because of organ prolapse. Basically, her vag is bottoming out as everything above it is "falling" on top of it. Four vaginal births could do that, I suppose, if you don't do those pelvic floor exercises. Scary stuff!
  • Options
    @kfren my step mom had to have that done. She used to have to sit on the floor with her legs up the wall or on the couch at the end of the day to get things back into place. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke Yikes! How was her recovery?
  • Options
    @kfren it was rough and took a lot longer than you would think for most surgeries. It was probably 10 years ago though so I can't remember the specifics. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @kfren oh man that's awful. My step mom had to have a bladder sling surgery quite a few years ago after her 2 kids. I should probably do some exercises---I always think that and never do. 

I don't know of this is actually a symptom or a random, but are anyone else's eyelashes shorter? I had the lovely "oooh my nails are so much better during pregnancy" from weeks like 9 to 16 and then they went to shit again. And now for the past 3ish weeks, I  swear my eyelashes are shorter. Not thinner, but shorter. 
  • Options
    @amys614 You would think it would be motivation to do those exercises, but... not so much IRL.
    And yes, to the eyelashes, but only with my right eye. They're shorter and it seems like I have noticeably fewer on that side, too.
  • Options
    @amys614 I keep thinking I should do those too. My mom just had the sling surgery last fall after 3 vaginal births.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren something like this happened to my grandmother. It was like her whole lady business was coming out of her vag. I can't remember what they ended up doing about it. I know my grandfather had to stuff everything back in there for her at home when it happened.  :o

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista That is terrifying. Props to your grandparents. That's love, right there!
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    @amys614 - I put mascara on yesterday, for the first time in months - and noticed that my eyelashes seem shorter.
    And I sadly didn't have long, thick, luscious eyelashes before, either! :disappointed:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @kfren I think it's when you make it to their age together (86&87) is really when the love gets tested. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista (TMI?) when DH and I were TTC I forced him to check my cervix (positin and mucous) one time, and his fingers came out with snotty, bloody discharge (I bleed at ovulation lol), and I’m not sure he’s ever going to put his fingers that far up there again.  :D:D can’t even imagine what his reaction would be if my vag prolapsed. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 haha! We call things like this "pulling the marriage card." We include maintaining each other's business as necessary chore of being each other's person. I get it though, we've grossed each other out a few good times thus far and we're still best friends. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amys614 so funny you ask that! I've always had long lashes, and lately I've been like wtf.. why do they look shorter?!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @Austenista I mean, we’re gross AF around each other, but DH has a weird thing about anything slimy. Even soap is challenging for him to overcome lol. 
  • Options
    @Austenista Oh my, that scared me so much I am immediately going to go google pelvic floor exercises and start asap
  • Options
    And now I'm going to do kegals . . .

• Options
    More updates: remember how I said I get a tingly/numbness near my lower right ribs? OB said it’s from my muscles stretching upwards as baby shoves her way into my rib cage. So it’s normal and common! Hooray! Pregnancy is so fun! Lol
  • Options
    More updates: remember how I said I get a tingly/numbness near my lower right ribs? OB said it’s from my muscles stretching upwards as baby shoves her way into my rib cage. So it’s normal and common! Hooray! Pregnancy is so fun! Lol
    As someone mentioned {I forget who :( } when does pregnancy become beautiful? After baby's born.

Pregnancy is hard, yo. {my new motto}
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed their feet changing yet? I had a a hell of a time getting my snow boots on this morning (that's just because I can't bend over properly anymore), but by noon today, my feet were aching in them. They are normally pretty comfy. It feels like they are getting wider. Ugh!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 are you experiencing swelling? 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I haven't had much swelling yet. I notice it sometimes at night after I get home from work - there will be impressions from my socks or boots in my calves/shins. But otherwise not much swelling.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 My feet got a bit wider with my first pregnancy. I noticed my flats getting tighter and tighter as I got bigger. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I don't generally have much swelling either, but I've noticed that when my feet do hurt, usually there's some swelling involved, so I've been trying to note the circumstances so I can proactively wear compression socks or something, but short of plane travel I haven't found a connection yet. 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 FWIW by about 36 weeks with my first pregnancy I was up half a shoe size (not from swelling, that didn’t get wild until the very end) and never have gone back down to my original shoe size. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to the wider feet after my first pregnancy. I've read that carrying the extra weight causes your feet to widen out or "grow bigger".
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ever since having DD, I thought my feet went up a size, until I actually measured my feet recently. I still wear the same size, just extra wide.
  • Options
    @2589 That scares me! I'm already a 9.5...I don't have much more room to grow before I'm in men's shoes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does a footstool help this change in feet? I haven't noticed my feet changing, but they had better not! I have really expensive shoes I want to wear after I'm not pregnant anymore {Louboutins. They're from my wedding and I still wear them lol}
  • Options

LaceyBee522            - Keep in mind too all of the relaxin in us + the extra weight...can/will cause your arches to flatten, which also makes your feet more wide + possible swelling. 

My 1st pregnancy my arches flattened out so much and my feet (mainly my right foot, I think I must favor it differently) hurt SO bad I could barely walk (ended up getting a temporary handicap pass from the DMV w/ a doc note).  Try a good set of arch support insoles (emphasis on good- I bought a bunch of cheapies then eventually paid around $50 for the Dr. Sholls ones where you stand on the foot machine thingie).  They were a game changer for me.  I put them in my current shoes a few weeks ago and it has made a difference already.

• Options
    Thanks @kmurdock925 I've been thinking about doing the foot machine thing at the pharmacy to see if an insole would help. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @laceybee522 - of course!  I will say that when I did it I was shocked that it didn't say I needed more of a correction- just the average, but even so it literally changed my life for those last few weeks/months.  I really wish I wouldn't have been cheap for so long and paid for decent ones up front.
  • Options
    I've noticed a change in my feet, but can't pin point what it is. I only notice the backs of my ankles looking alittle puffy. So little that only I'D notice and no one else, cause i know myself obvi. But my feet look different... not swollen... maybe it is just a wider look? Little big puffy? I normally have pretty slim looking feet. 

My feet were so damn large by this point with ds. But it was August so think heat played into that.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    My ankles have swelled up like balloons today for no reason.  I hope they go down tonight while I sleep because I have an 8 hour flight tomorrow night that I know won't help them one bit.  
  • Options
    I have this wonderful, huge pregnancy pillow that I have been using for 2 months and it’s helped me get so comfortable on my sides that it was easy-ish to give up stomach sleeping... until this past week, when putting it between my legs to sleep causes me to wake up with even worse hip and back pain  :( Since I can’t put it between my legs anymore I’m also more prone to rolling over to my back while I’m asleep which A. Isn’t good and B. Makes my lower back worse still. What gives, body? How am I supposed to sleep for 10 more weeks??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been lucky with no swelling(yet)! But, definitely feel hip pain between both hips while sleeping. Doesn't help my left guy is aching so bad from tDap on Wednesday!