August 2018 Moms
Options

Names you actually want opinions on

Re: Names you actually want opinions on

• Options
    @ecwk like them all! I especially love Gavin and Cian. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @ecwk Leo is my favorite. I could never use it because it’s my sister’s FIL’s name and they basically reserved it. But, I think it’s so great. 

My my second fave would be Cillian. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ecwk I'm biased because I have one but I love Leo, it's my favorite boy name. Naming DS2 was hard because DS1 is Leo and it's the most perfect name for him nothing felt like it could live up to that name.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ecwk Cillian is my favorite!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    ecwk said:
    Ok we’re pretty much set on a girl name but here are the boy names DH and I like and/or have matched on the BabyName app:

Leo
    Cillian
    Gavin
    Malachy (Mal-a-key)
    Conor
    Liam 
    Cian 
    Darragh 

I’m biased because like @calimom2524 I have one so Gavin is my favorite!
    Also love Liam and Leo
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    melprop said:
    Now that I know we’re having a boy, what does everyone think of George? My grandpa passed away in 2014, and his name was George William. We already have 3 Bills in the family, which is why I’m leaning toward George.
    I like George. I have two friends with little George’s. 

@ecwk my favorites are Leo, Conor, Gavin, and Liam
  • Options
    @melprop George is a great name!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ecwk Leo is my fave! Cillian would be a close second. Not a huge fan of Malachy, or Conor but that’s just because I know one that’s a huge brat. 
  • Options
    Fia is cool!

lola was a showgirl... sorry. 

I love george and it was one I considered for 2 (dh vetoed) and 3.

love the list but Leo is my fave. I love that name but it was always a no because it’s too close to fil name

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Love George. 

Biased for Conor, and Liam because it’s on my list. I don’t like Cillian but it’s because I know an unfortunate Cillian. Malachy is iffy too (I say it like Malach-eye even though that’s not how you said it would be said). But Leo and Gavin are both super cute too!

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    F47F47 member
    Well, H laughed in my face when I said mentioned Lola. So, never mind. lol
  • Options
    I immediately went to The Kinks with Lola. She's not a showgirl, she's a trans woman! 
    Same!!

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ecwk I was really upset when DH didn't like Gavin after I was completely sold on it.  So Gavin would be my pick.  Leo is also super cute especially because we have August littles.
  • Options
    I suggested George to DH last night. He said thats the name MIL gives to the black snakes and random vermin that get into their house.  
  • Options
    George is a great name. Solid, traditional, English - all my style.

Leo is a great name but I had a dog named Leo so that makes it a no for me, personally. Great for someone else, however. Liam used to be one of my favorites but it got super popular so now I probably wouldn't use it. Gavin and Conor are my other preferences in that list. I'm not sure I know how to pronounce Cian. Cillian makes me think immediately of Cillian Murphy, which is certainly not a bad thing (even though he tends to play creepy characters).
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm dumb, but for Cillian, is this a hard or soft C?  I've only ever seen it spelled Killian.
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 Cian is pronounced Key-in. 

@juilebird6 it's the same as Killian. Kill-ian. 
  • Options
    Opinions on Heath? Dh and I have such a hard time with boy names. We don't use names that can be nicknamed or shortened, I'd really prefer not in the top 100, but at this point of disagreeing it's not that big of a deal, but we also like "established" names. Heath is on the table and I'm trying to decide how much I like it :/

• Options
    I like Heath! It’s not super common but also I don’t think people can butcher the spelling etc. of it either. 
  • Options
    @meeks2020 I love Heath! (I may be a bit biased? :) )  If it wasn't practically my first name, it would def be an option for this LO. 
  • Options
    I like Heath! I work with a Heath and he’s the nicest guy! I vote yes!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like Heath! 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I like Heath, too. 
  • Options
    Heath is great! It makes me think of heath ledger but that’s not really a bad thing ;)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    My first thought was Heath Ledger too. I love his movies! I do like the name though! 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I was wondering if people would be saying they like it to my face but secretly like "ehhhhh...."

• Options
    I like Heath! 

Also, I’d never think to pronounce Cillian with a hard “C.” Would you consider just using a K?
  • Options
    @calimom2524 - I knew we would be friends :)
    Obvs. I even sing it in my head the same awkward way she does on stage. I think I watch too much Friends but I blame Netflix for adding it, it's at my fingertips! So easy. 
    Lurking but this is why I can't use the name Joshua. The way she says it just sticks with me!
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    kburg15 said:
    I like Heath! 

Also, I’d never think to pronounce Cillian with a hard “C.” Would you consider just using a K?
    Nope! Cillian is the Irish way. No K in the Irish alphabet. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @meeks2020 I like Heath! I have a Finn; no shortening or nicknaming for that one either! 
  • Options
    @meeks2020 I like Heath! I have a Finn; no shortening or nicknaming for that one either! 
    My sister (due 8/1) just found out she’s having a boy and his name will be Finn :)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @mrs_drc_rn I LOVE Finn,  but it does not work with our last name lol 

• Options
    lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited March 2018
    ecwk said:
    kburg15 said:
    I like Heath! 

Nope! Cillian is the Irish way. No K in the Irish alphabet. 
    And plus, he may not be a big name actor, but a lot of people know who Cillian Murphy is, so it’s not a far out name. And that’s also why I like it. That said, Saoirse Ronan is a big name, and I can never remember how to pronounce it, no matter how many times I hear it. All that to say.... I hope you have a boy :lol:  
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I think we've decided on Riley. 
    :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    We haven't talked names much since making our list, but the name I keep coming back to is Felix. I think I like Felix Jude. Not ready to fully commit yet, but it keeps popping into my head.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @calimom2524 - LOVE Riley!!!!! That's my cousin's daughter's name and she is sweet, smart and spunky! So Riley Seven Yourlastname... love it!

@elsieisamoocow - yes yes yes to Felix! What a great name, it's super cute for when he's a kiddo but will grow up with him well. love it!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker