Infertility
Options

February FET

Re: February FET

• Options
    @PNW12RN - oh no! I'm sorry about your daughter and hope all gets better soon! I'm Canadian, and I have such a hard time when I think about how short the mat leaves are in the United States. Like, there hasn't been a lot of support for me with IF, but if and when I do get pregnant, I definitely won't need to rush back to work when our baby is 4 months old, or whatever. Even if my husband takes some of the leave, we'll at the very least have time. Honestly, it's so crazy to me, the thought of having to go back so soon.

Congratulations on the BFP! Keeping FX for you and your little one!

@radmom27 - I am very excited for your transfer!
  • Options
    @PNW12RN I’m sorry to hear about hour little one, hoping for a speedy recovery! Yay for a faint line, hoping for a great beta! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PNW12RN Congrats! FX for a great beta!

@funkykey Hi fellow Canuck!!!! I'm usually pretty good about picking up on who the other Canadians are on this forum but I somehow missed you :)
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 - haha, I think you might be in a different part of the country than me. We have no IVF coverage. I guess it varies in individual states too, though.
  • Options
    @funkykey I am hoping for a little sticky bean !!!! 

@KathrynShustek good luck Friday !

@PNW12RN congrats on your bfp! I’m hoping you get great beta ! That will make this awful week so much better for you ! Hope your little one feels better❤️
  • Options
    ***lurker***

Congratulations @funkykey on PUPO and PASP status!!!  Ahh!!  So excited for you and waiting on the edge of my seat for beta day.... ❤  Funny my supervisor was just saying how nice our 16 weeks paid are, plus we can choose 10 more weeks unpaid, meanwhile that's the employer, because I think our state only mandates 12 weeks FMLA.  It must be so so hard to go back with a baby at home...  but we'll all deal with that when the time comes.  For now, just enjoy holding that sweet lil embie warm and cozy inside! (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    funkykeyfunkykey member
    edited February 2018
    @BusinessWife - thank you!!

You know, when I think about the leaves, the thing that keeps me up isn't the rushing back to work and thinking about leaving my 4-month-old in daycare, it's about the who takes it. So many of my friends, they've taken full years - some now are even taking 18 months (only because finding daycare is so difficult), and it's FOR SURE impacted their careers, especially if they have more than one kid. Even when they say it doesn't, it definitely does. In my observations here, it's almost always the woman who takes the leave, and then more often than not it's the woman who stays home when the toddler is sick, later.

The drawback with the long leaves is how they affect your career. Part of me really wants a long leave, but another part of me wants to get back to the office early.

ETA: but yeah, I'm getting way, way ahead of myself. No baby yet. Just a little embie who hopefully is snuggling right in!
  • Options
    Ah yeah, @funkykey  I guess I am lucky (?) In a sense?  That I don't really see my job as a career.  I'm hoping to be able to come back part time and keep the benefits (which is how I started, but I went up to ft somewhere along the way), and long-term I see my aspirations more in supporting our own family business, hopefully homeschooling the kids, and getting involved with more music as well.  So I'm honestly loathe to go back, but hoping we can find mostly family help for 20 hours a week and a happy medium, so we keep our coverage for subsequent transfers.... sigh.  It can really be a challenge for all sorts of reasons, but I hear you on the paying for childcare / maintaining career momentum.  Not easy.

OMG you know what was the best movie to watch post transfer - Legally Blonde!  So funny, even DH liked it, and I just loved seeing her kick so much girl-power butt, too.  They say laughter is the best post-transfer medicine! ;)
  • Options
    How’s everyone doing in their respective waiting periods?? 

For me, time is moving soooo slowwwww. Ultrasound on the 6th. I’m taking my 23hr doubling time as a good sign, but still just want to know how peanut is doing in there. My symptoms are coming and going, which drives me crazy, but I’m trying to stay positive and focused. *TW* We had twins after our first FET and lost one between my ultrasounds, at around 7wks. It’s hard not to keep that in the back of my mind while I wait and over analyze each and every symptom.

Sending continues sticky vibes!  
  • Options
    @BusinessWife - ooh, I haven't watched Legally Blonde in years! Thanks for the tip!

@ashleymarie512 - slow for me too. I don't have that same history, but I too am symptom spotting like crazy. When I feel nothing for a few hours - no cramps, nothing - I start to panic. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 it had been going slow for me too but after a little bleeding scare I ended up getting an early ultrasound... all is good and it has officially been confirmed, we are looking at twins! DH and I are nervous but SO excited. It was still too early for heartbeats today but I go back next wednesday and we should see them then. 
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    @Mando15 Congrats on twins! What was your bleeding scare? I’m glad everything looked good. 

I had one tonight, actually, and I’m freaking out. Started bleeding red blood, but for a short time. No cramping and it’s pretty much stopped, except for a little bit when I wipe. I’ll call the RE in the morning, but until then I could use thoughts/prayers/good juju/whatever. 
  • Options
    *lurking*

@funkykey Congrats on being PUPO!!! :smile:
  • Options
    funkykeyfunkykey member
    edited February 2018
    @ashleymarie512 - sending you lots of good juju! I'd be freaking out too!
    @Mando15 - great news! Congratulations!

ETA: totally unrelated, but I did have a moment of panic tonight. I forgot that we're not supposed to lift heavy objects, and I actually loaded the heaviest bag of groceries into the car today.

I went grocery shopping after work and realized that all I had to bag the groceries was one of those giant blue Ikea bags in the car, so I decided to save myself the grocery store plastic, and just put every single grocery item I'd bought into the giant blue bag: cans of beans, cartons of milk, eggs, cauliflower and all... It's like the only thing I didn't buy was a giant bag of flour. I could barely lift it, but managed. 

Then I remembered and I sat in the car like: "OMG, I'm such an idiot!"  :/:/:/:/

Hopefully, little embie has already burrowed deep in, and wasn't rudely disturbed!
  • Options
    Going in for a redraw today. The nurse said she wasn’t super concerned, but is still having me come in. Good thoughts appreciated!
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 good luck today! We are all thinking about and hoping for great numbers! Keep us posted.
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    Hey ladies, I just got the call and my beta went up to 7377, so they’re really pleased with the number. They think the bleeding was a fluke and they didn’t put any restrictions on me. Holy crap that was scary! Unfortunately this process with all the forward steps and setbacks makes it hard to really feel excited, but I at least feel better today and will try to stay calm until my u/s on the 6th. Thanks for the positive thoughts! 
  • Options
    @KathrynShustek - sorry for the embryo that didn't survive the thaw, but FX for the one that you transferred!

@PNW12RN - great news! Congratulations!!!

AFM: I'm going in for my beta on Friday, and I've taken the day off in case it's bad news again. I wasn't going to take a HPT beforehand, only because when I did last time and it was negative, I was a total mess.

However, I'm not sure if I'm going to crack and POAS. Only because this past couple days, I have been feeling like sh*t. My nose is stuffy, my body temperature keeps fluctuating - I'll be so cold and then SO HOT - and I'm exhausted, even though I'm sleeping lots. I know they told me not to really exercise, but I honestly don't know how I could, I'm so tired. And I'm getting headaches. It almost feels like I'm coming down with something, except it's not progressing. It's not like when I usually get sick. Anyway, if I'm still feeling nasty on Wed, I might POAS.
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited February 2018

*lurking*

@funkykey  The TWW is so rough. Hang in there hun. I think it would be better to stay away from HPTs. I hope and pray that your nugget is snuggling well and for you to get more strength to get ready for a great news on your beta day on Friday.
  • Options
    @PNW12RN Yay for a great beta!! My RE does two betas and then another two weeks after the last beta is the first ultrasound. They do a second ultrasound two weeks after the first and then release to the OB. 

@KathrynShustek I’m sorry for the embryo that didn’t survive, but glad you had a great one to transfer! Snuggle in well, little one! 

@funkykey I also tested my first cycle and was in such a bad headspace bc it was negative. I vowed from then on, no more testing. Hoping for a quick TWW! 

AFM, a week and two days until ultrasound. It’s going by so slow and my mood is crap. I don’t *feel* pregnant, but trying to remind myself that a lot of people don’t realize they’re pregnant yet at this point and I need to be patient. Every time I’ve had a beta (three) I’ve been convinced it’ll be bad news and I’m always shocked by how well it turns out. Hoping so hard the ultrasound brings the same experience. 
  • Options
    @PNW12RN congrats on the beta! That’s great news! You and I go to the same clinic and my coordinator called me after the second beta and said they like to schedule the first ultrasound at 6w5d but they can do a day earlier or later if it fits better with your schedule. It will definitely be the longest TWW! 
    Congrats again and hope you get great numbers again on Tuesday! :)
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    @Mando15 Would you mind sharing what happened with your bleeding? If you’re not comfortable, I understand. 
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 of course I don’t mind. I meant to the other day when you asked and then I got distracted and totally forgot!
    Little TMI here and there lol... So it first started when DH and I decided to get a little frisky for the first time in FOREVER and shortly after we started having sex I could tell that I was bleeding, things were just way to wet down there. So I got up and went to the bathroom to check and sure enough, it looked like I had started my period, full on bright red blood. No clots, but I of course instantly panicked and started googling like crazy. Google actually made me feel better this time and it seemed like it was a fairly common thing. I called my coordinator the next morning and talked to her about it as well. At that poain’t the bleeding had turned to very minimal spotting so she agreed that the bleeding was from my blood filled cervix getting irritated during sex. She put me on pelvic rest for 3 days and said if the spotting came back to call and they would check me out. Spotting was gone for a couple days but then started back up last Thursday. It wasn’t much but I figured it would better safe than sorry. I really didn’t think anything was wrong but I am really glad I went for my own peace of mind. Spotting has since gone away but poor DH probably won’t get anymore action until we hit 12 weeks lol. Dr. Said the sex was fine and that if I did bleed again, to practice pelvic rest for another 3 days and it should be fine.
    Sorry for the forever story!
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    @Mando15 - OMG, that is terrifying!! Honestly, if that had happened to me, I would probably have cried. Scary for the pregnancy, and no fun for the marriage. As if fun sex while dealing with IF weren't hard enough, you know?
  • Options
    @Mando15 Oh man, yeah it’s scary! It’s nice to hear another story where bleeding didn’t have a negative outcome. Glad all is well! 
  • Options
    Great news! Congratulations @PNW12RN!!!
  • Options
    @radmom27 - good luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    @funkykey Thank you!!! How are you feeling?  POAS or no POAS?
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @radmom27 - interestingly enough, at some point after my last post on the topic, I lost all desire to POAS. Now, despite having 4 HPTs from earlier cycles in the cupboard, I'm not feeling it. Go figure.

I'm not having the same physical symptoms in terms of temperature, but I am still really tired, maybe from the stress? And I'm emotional- I cry like once a day. Mentally it's the same ol IF story- I waffle between extreme optimism (DH and I talked baby names this morning) and deep fear of more heartbreak. 
  • Options
    **lurking**

@funkykey stalking this board hoping to read about you being officially KU soon! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you!! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque - thank you so much!! I'm touched!!! I hope all is well with you!
  • Options
    @PNW12RN Yay! What’s the next step for you now??

• Options
    @PNW12RN Congrats!  Awesome numbers!

@Radmom27 GL today! I hope everything goes smoothly and this is the beginning of a great year for you! 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Wow! So many BFPs!!!! Congratulations ladies!!

Thinking sticky thoughts for everyone waiting for their beta!

I had my FET yesterday after a super long cycle (yesterday was day 31). I go in on the 9th for my beta. This. Wait. Sucks.
  • Options
    Hey ladies , sorry I’ve been MIA . Unfortunately I haven’t been feeling too great . I started getting light headed on Sunday . Then Monday I started having sharp cramping and back pain . I am very worried so I called my RE and they did a beta and it was in the 6000 which looks good for 6 weeks but since it was 682 last Monday and now it’s Wednesday it shows it wasn’t doubling every 48 hours as it should . They are doing an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure it’s not an ectopic but ladies I have a very bad feeling and unfortunately when I have bad feelings they are usually right. 

I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for all you who are PUPO and all the Bfps I hope you have greats scans.

ill keep you girls updated but I just feel like something wrong :/
  • Options
    @funkykey I'm usually a chronic tester but I'm going to try not to test this time.  Frankly, after last time when I had strong positives until the day of beta and then had a chemical, I'm not sure it's helpful to me at all.  Stay strong!! I'm hoping for a great beta for you on Friday...almost here!
    @tosh24 Thank you for the well wishes.  I'm hoping this is OUR month!
    @mechelita44 Looks like we'll be in the 2WW together.  Hoping for great new for both of us.
    @msd1001 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything is OK. Keep us updated. 
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized.