Infertility
Options

February FET

Re: February FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tosh24Stupid IF/loss brain already has me looking at my calendar and counting when my next FET would be.

Haha. I mean, I shouldn't laugh, but I've done that too. :)

First thing I did when I realized my FET would be in Feb? I calculated my due date. "Ok, November, ok. Cool." Second thing? Did a calculation on when we'd be able to afford another round of IVF, if it comes to that.

After this, we'll have 2 embies left, and we're TTC #1. I've always wanted more than one child, so I'm considering my embies like: "Alright, is this going to work?" and: "Can I find another $20,000 somewhere?"

If this FET round doesn't work out, I'd like to do another round of IVF with PGS testing before transferring another embryo. (DH isn't convinced.) We can't afford to do another round right away; we'd need to wait (and count our pennies) for a while. Ugh. Decisions! That I hope I don't have to make!
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu wow that great you RE is on board for two embryos ! It will up your chances of pregnancy! I wanted to do that too but my RE disagreed :/ sometimes I feel like I just have no control... not over my body or my embryos . We agreed if this transfer doesn’t work we will do 2 next round . Good luck Wednesday ! 

@funkykey okay so I’m not crazy I calculated my due date too ! Haha it’s so bad it’s so hard you like can’t help it ! I hope this round works so you don’t have to count pennies . 

@tosh24 the TWW is the hardest! I always symptom spot but i don’t know what it’s like to be pregnant so I don’t know what I’m even looking for haha! I also get cramping on and off during the TWW that’s why my RE suspected endo so we did a Lupron Depot this round I guess it increases changes of implantation .   I just find it ironic that you said you have been doing IVF meditation, I have never done any meditation in my life and I have been doing IVF meditation for the first time the past two weeks. It helps you relax so much! What meditation app do you use ?

AFM the transfer is tomorrow morning .  I wish I was more excited but I’m more nervous about the two week wait and it failing again and being so sad.  When I get that sad I literally can’t even stand myself. Anyways I don’t know about anybody else but my poor butt  is so sore from the PIO’s ! I feel like I’ve done millions of squats.
  • Options
    @msd1001 I hope your transfer goes perfectly tomorrow and you have a super sticky little one. I know how hard it is to feel excited and hopeful, especially when the wind has been taken out of your sails before. We will all be thinking of you and anxiously waiting during your TWW!
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu Go for it!  I'm considering transferring one of our PGS normals this next time with an untested one.  So hard to know what to do or how many to try.
    @tosh24 I'm thinking sticky thoughts for you.  Are you going to test before or wait for the beta?
    @funkykey I think the way I handle all the disappointment with this stuff is thinking about my next plan.  It's not that I'm not hopeful about my current cycle but I always need to have a plan just in case.  I think it's sometimes harder to put all of the eggs in one basket and think that each cycle is the be all and end all.
    @msd1001 GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!! I'm hoping that February brings good news for everyone here!

TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @msd1001 Good luck today!!! Thinking very sticky thoughts for you!!! I'm actually not sure what the meditation series is called but I can check at home - I got it from my naturopath who specializes in infertility so she has a lot of IVF clientele. How long were you on the Lupron before your transfer? I want to ask my RE about that if this transfer fails. 

@Funkeykey I hope you don't have to make those decisions either! It sucks that we already have to plan our next steps before we even know if it will get to that point. I'm a planner by nature so it relieves a lot of my stress knowing that I have a plan in place, but I also feel like I'm in a perpetually negative mindset because I assume whatever I'm currently doing isn't going to work. 

Thanks @radmom27! Oh yeah, I always test. I've just come to accept that I'm a tester and I don't fight it. I usually start around 9DPO.  I don't really get too upset about negatives until like 12-13DPO because I know before that it could be too early so it doesn't dash all of my hopes. I am more stressed out by not knowing what's going on than seeing a BFN (even though it sucks). Probably because if I at least know that a cycle has failed, I can get the ball rolling on the next plan. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @msd1001 - good luck today!!!! Thinking of you! 
  • Options
    msd1001msd1001 member
    edited February 2018
    @AlohaKumu  @radmom27 @funkykey @tosh24 thank you so much for all the luck ! Things went well today , I did notice that it was a little more uncomfortable with the transfer but my bladder was super full which probably didn’t help . Fingers crossed for us all this month ❤️

@tosh24 I took my Lupron Depot on my last day of BCPs then they wanted me to take 4 more pills from a new  pack . Then 3 days later I got my period and then I started my estradiol patches and began the cycle .  If you have to pay out-of-pocket it’s quite expensive it is 1700 just for the injection, thankfully my insurance covered it. It’s supposed to calm everything down and increase implantation with people that have endometriosis . 
  • Options
    @msd1001 Yay, PUPO!!! That full bladder situation is definitely uncomfortable, but hopefully that means your embie got exactly where it needs to go to burrow right in.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
     @AlohaKumu Are you ready for tomorrow?! So exciting ! I hope we get our little miracle babies this round ❤️
  • Options
    Yes, I'm very ready, @msd1001. I'm glad time has flown by these past few days for me. I'm soooo hoping for us to get our take-home babies in our arms this year!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    @msd1001 I'm so glad things went well!  Rest up and think sticky!
    @AlohaKumu Good luck tomorrow!!  
    TTC since August 2014 

History:
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu - Good luck tomorrow! xo
  • Options
    so many transfers - praying and hoping for all of you! the TWW is hard, but stick to your plans for distractions and laughs and hopefully it will fly by for all of you.

My  first lining check was Monday and I was at 7 (needed to be between 5 and 7) so I just continue with my estrace step up calendar. starting to feel the effects so that's not great. Personally this month is crazy with work, the hubs job, and other family stuff so hoping I can calm my nerves before the big day.

Again pos vibes and prayers for all you PUPOs

Married 2010

TTC Sept 2012

Clomid with TI Jan, Feb Mar 2013 - All BFN

IUI #1-3, Aug, Sept, Oct 2014 - All BFN

IVF #1 ER 2/19/14, 34R, 33F, 21 on ice, Freeze All

FET #1 4/11/14, Beta on 4/22

Beta #1 1238, Beta #2 - 4000 - BFP 

Twin Girls Born 11/25/14

• Options
    That's a great lining check, @KathrynShustek! I hope your medication symptoms don't get too bad. Mine were much better this time around, but I know all these meds really mess with us.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    Great update @KathrynShustek! Sorry about the side effects. I really do not like being on Estrace. So much so that if I need another FET, I'm going the natural cycle route. I hope you escape the worst of it! 

@AlohaKumu GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!! Sticky vibes being sent your way! 

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• Options
    @AlohaKumu good luck today! Sending you all the baby dust!

@tosh24 how you doing? Feeling good and keeping yourself distracted? You’re halfway way to beta!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    @Mando15 I'm OK. It is soooooo hard to not think about it 24/7. I'm doing my best to go about my normal routine and not SS. I've had pregnancy symptoms and not been KU and I've not had pregnancy symptoms and been KU so it's a total crap shoot. I'm trying to remind myself of that every day. I am feeling somewhat tender and heavy and crampy in the ute on and off (mostly on) so I'm starting to get nervous that all these hormones have made my adenomyosis/suspected endo worse and that's why I'm feeling so much pressure. I've not been though a transfer before so I have no idea if this is a common symptom of the TWW or if maybe something is off with my body. I think that is what's stressing me out the most. And because I am a total POAS-aholic, I totally tested this morning at 5dp5dt. BFN of course. I know it's early and I'm not counting myself out yet. How are you holding up? your beta is Sunday, right?

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    @tosh24 It is insanely hard not to think about 24/7. I have been trying really hard not to SS as well but it seems impossible not to. I think that 5dp5dt could still definitely be too early, don't count yourself out yet! I had told myself that I was going to wait until my beta on Sunday but I gave in and tested this morning at 6dp5dt...
    **TW** I got a BFP for the first time in my entire life. It was absolutely bizarre to see and I think I am still in shock. Going to remain cautiously optimistic though until I get my beta results on Sunday. **End TW**

IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    *TW* @Mando15

Congrats!!! FX for a sticky baby! Hoping for good news on Sunday!

@msd1001 Were you only given one shot of Lupron? I've been scouring the internet and see that a lot of women are on 2-6 months of Lupron to shrink the endo first before a FET. Do you know why your RE only went with one shot? Just wondering how effective it is vs. taking it for a few months. The one thing that is causing all of my anxiety is thinking of more delays and having to take time off. I don't think I'll even be TTC any more past the next 6 months so I can't imagine being benched for the majority of that time. But I'm starting to think that an endo protocol may be my best option. 

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    @tosh24 - keeping FX for you! 
    @Mando15 - congratulations! FX for a good beta!
    @AlohaKumu - thinking of you and sending lots of good vibes today!
  • Options
    @Mando15 congratulations! So so happy for you !
    @AlohaKumu I hope all went well today !!!
    @tosh24So yes a lot of RE l’s will do 3 to 6 months of the Depot Lupron to calm everything down for people with endometriosis. I have not been officially diagnosed with endometriosis other than the fact that I told my RE that I get a lot of cramping during the month which she said isn’t normal . She suspected endo and said let’s just try to lupron injection for a month to calm everything down . 
    @KathrynShustek congrats on your lining check !
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu so glad to hear everything went well today! FX for a sticky little bean! Hope the next 9 days go quick :)
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu Glad everything went well yesterday!!! Did you end up transferring two? FX!!! 

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    @KathrynShustek Glad your lining check went well!!
    @tosh24 I'm also a POAS-aholic.  I know that I always want to see an early positive, but there's lots of time still.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    @Mando15 I'm so excited for you!!  I hope your beta is through the roof.
    @AlohaKumu Yay for things going well.  I hope this is the sticky one or two :)  Rest up!
    TTC since August 2014 

History:
  • Options
    @tosh24 yes, we ended up transferring two yesterday. I slept 9 hours last night, so I guess my body is hard at work!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu yay! So excited for you!!! Keep us updated doll!
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Wondering if I can join you? 

*child and loss mentioned*
    I was active on here back in 2013 when I was going through IVF due to PCOS. We had a failed IVF #1 fresh cycle and a BPF (twins) with FET #1, but ended up losing one of them at about 8 weeks. My daughter was born from that cycle and is now 4.5yrs. I developed HELLP and she was born at 29-6, spent 66 days in NICU, but is doing great! 

I’m currently 4dp5dt with FET #2. We only transferred one bc of the HELLP and all subsequent pregnancies being high risk. Blast was hatching, lining was good, and clinic seemed to think everything went perfectly. Had some cramping on and off, no spotting, some fullness feeling. Likely from meds—I’m on estrace and PIO. Anxiety isn’t too bad, but I’m afraid my friends will be sick of hearing about this, so thought a place with likeminded ladies would be best. Beta is on 2/16, only a week to go! 

• Options
    Welcome @ashleymarie512. I have my beta on Friday, too! Hopefully we both get good news.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    Hello ladies!  I'm moving up from the January IVF board.  My fresh transfer failed and we are all set to move straight on to a FET.  So now I'm just waiting for AF to come so we can get that cycle started!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry for the failed cycle. My fresh cycle failed too and I’m convinced it’s from being overstimulated. Hoping for a smooth FET for you! 
  • Options
    Welcome @ashleymarie512 and @marfi236!!!

Of course, I'm still testing every day and HPT is still stark white at 7dp5dt. All of the AF-like cramping and the full, heavy ute feeling that I had pretty much went away in the last 2 days. I know I'm not out until my beta says so, but at this point I'm expecting a BFN more than a BFP.   

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    @tosh24 I hate the feeling of impending BFN. I refuse to test before beta bc it emotionally destroyed me during my fresh cycle. It was negative, although likely too early to test, but still couldn’t handle it so I vowed to wait until beta. 
  • Options
    Welcome, @marfi236. I hope your AF comes soon so you can get your FET cycle going.

Which tests are you using, @tosh24? I know I got really different results between the cheapies and the FRERs.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu Just some ICs. The website doesn't say what the sensitivity is so I emailed the company and am just waiting to hear back. I searched the forums and it looks like other people are saying the particular brand is 20mIU. I have one FRER at home but I was going to save that for the morning of my beta (Monday). 

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    I'm still crossing my fingers for you, @tosh24! This TWW is so brutal.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018