Infertility
Options

February FET

Re: February FET

• Options
    @tosh24 I'm not giving up hope for you yet.  Hoping you see a line soon.  
    @Welcome marfi236 and ashleymarie512!
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @funkykey We have 3 embryos, two 5 day and one 3 day.  We did not do PGS testing because our RE recommended against it because of our age and because neither of us were carriers of the same things (I was a carrier for CF and hubs was a carrier for something else that I can't remember off the top of my head).

As it stands unless the lab has a reason for us to do the day 3 first, we will transfer one of the day 5s.
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @marfi236 - cool. I have 3 embryos too; we're planning to transfer one and really hoping we'll be able to save the other 2 for later. We're also TTC #1, and eventually I'd love to have more than one child, although it seems like too much to even hope for at this point... I dunno, maybe. We'll see. 

Keeping FX for you!
  • Options
    @funkykey I hate the meds too! I dropped from three estrace to two, which helped—less crying and less raging lol—but the PIO still makes me feel bloated and worn down. 

I get in my head with stuff and even though I know that 4dp is early, I’m dying for some sort of symptoms to keep my hopes up. Our blast was hatching, so I’m trying to focus on that as being a good sign. 
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 - a hatching blast is a great sign!!!! That's good news!

Yeah, the estrace is bad! I'm on it too. I don't mind the PIO - the plan is to have me on PIO and tablets, and between the two, I prefer the PIO to the tablets (so much less messy). But I find the estrace messes with my head more than the progesterone.

This morning I hated everyone I worked with. They did nothing, they just breathed and I was like: "that's enough!" It took me a second to remember: it's probably the drugs. Because most of the time I really like these people!

Other times, I'll start to cry over nothing. Or I'll just feel really bad about something. I dunno. I fly into rages quickly. Someone looks at me wrong and I hate them. 

I mean, IF is hard and takes a toll, but I swear, last month and the month before, when I wasn't on these drugs, I was not this touchy. I'm on 2 estrace/day now, and then bumping up to a 3rd on Sunday. So I'm only going to take the third for a little bit. 

Really hoping I remember to just take time to breathe and relax through this!!
  • Options
    @funkykey The estrace messed with me too. I was on three a day for about a week and then dropped back down to two a day when I started the PIO. I cried and raged a lot. Super short fuse!

Woke up to some brown spotting, which I’m hoping is a good sign too. Hoping it’s implantation bleeding. 
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised to hear all these reactions to the Estrace and now it makes me wonder if I've been off-kilter and just didn't know it! I feel like I've been doing this for so long that it's become my normal and I can't even tell any more.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu - tbh, I've been a little bit depressed this past year especially - and I'm pretty sure that's not the drugs, it's just the IF: the stress & uncertainty of it, etc. So because of that, I notice I react differently to things than I used to, or I'll cry more easily, or whatever. It's manageable, but it sucks. 

Even still, on the estrace, I notice a difference, apart from just general malaise. I'm way moodier, and my mood swings are way more extreme. Also, I'm way more tired.

But yeah, I mean, it's hard to differentiate - what is the medication, what's just the stress of the IF treatment, what's just general depression from dealing with all of this?

Anyway, that's my experience - I know everyone reacts differently to all of these. I'm someone who actually really struggled just being on certain BCPs, before I was TTC, and I have friends who took the same ones and noticed nothing. So there you go!
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Thank you, so sweet of you to reach out! I took the FRER this morning because I was impatient and it was a very clear BFN (9dp5dt). I know I'm most likely out and I'm sure I will need the afternoon tomorrow to cry and throw myself a little pity party. I'm trying to remind myself that it often takes more than one transfer and that I need to give myself time to grieve this cycle but ultimately pick myself up and move forward. The thought of continuing this process is overwhelming but thinking of throwing in the towel makes me feel even worse so I need to reach down deep and find some strength. As a side note, I've been shamelessly Bump stalking you and some of the other grads on PAIF and I'm so happy that you and your little bean are doing well!!!! 

Add me to the "Estrace is the devil club". I'm trying to tell myself that the silver lining in getting a BFN is that I can get the hell off these drugs! I am so looking forward to doing a natural cycle next and getting to feel like myself (and have sex on my schedule and not around when I'm not going to be a gross, leaking mess)!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 Oh man, I’m sorry. Sending hugs for tomorrow (regardless of the outcome) and as far as a pity party goes, do what you need to do for you! 
  • Options
    @tosh24 Ugh I'm so sorry...I was really rooting for your FRER to turn things around.  I find when I've had a failure that I take a couple of days to have a complete pity party but then the thing that turns me out is my "what next" plan.  Take care of yourself and know that we're here for you.  
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @tosh24 I’m still crossing my fingers for you tomorrow ! Miracles can happen love . If not then we are all hear for you ! Take a few days to yourself and then hop back into action when you are ready. ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    I’m so sorry, @tosh24. If tomorrow confirms what you’ve been seeing with the home tests, definitely take the time you need.

*TW I know after my CP from the first round, I ate/drank/did everything I wasn’t able to during the TWW while I waited for my WTF appt.* 

I will be thinking of you. 
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    @tosh24 - I'm so sorry. :(
  • Options

It's official: BFN. My doctor isn't in the office until the first week of March so I have an appointment with her then. I have the option to go ahead with a natural cycle once AF shows which I'm leaning toward doing right now since we have a decent amount of embryos frozen. But, I'm also scared of another BFN if we're not addressing my issues properly (and I don't want to just "throw" embryos away). I think I'll go ahead with the natural cycle monitoring and see what my body is doing and how I feel and I will cancel before the transfer if I need to cancel. I have been doing lots of research and am armed with a bunch of questions and protocol requests for when I meet with my RE in a few weeks.

I'm hoping all you ladies have waaaay better luck than me and February brings some awesome news. I'm rooting for you all!!!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Ugh, @tosh24 - I'm so sorry.
    This is such a slog. Good luck to you over these next couple of weeks, hoping this was just a one-off!
  • Options
    @tosh24 I’m sorry :( Good luck as you explore the next steps! 
  • Options
    @tosh24 I am so sorry. Take care of yourself today and know we are all thinking about you! FX you have better luck and get your BFP with the natural cycle. 
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Options
    ***lurking***

@tosh24. I'm so sorry.  I'm glad you have a good plan, and enough embryos to think positively about everything going forward. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    @msd1001 I know, hoping these next couple days go quickly. I do have some symptoms, but also having a hard time deciding if it’s pregnancy or meds. TMI alert—when I’ve done my trigger and was pregnant with DD, my nipples were really sore and I have some of that now, but again, not sure if it’s hcg related or progesterone. Trying to stay out of my head, but it’s hard. The bloat is strong right now too. Just want to know. I’m not a tester, so I won’t test before beta, but the urges to POAS have been stronger with this cycle than my last.  

How are are you feeling?? 
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 I have been having cramping since the transfer, again it could totally be from all the meds. TMI I had some constipation over the weekend but I think that is from the progesterone. My boobs are so sore but again probably from the meds. I never ever test either, I cant handle it. I'd rather here from my IVF RN the results. It is so hard I have tried so hard to not think about but its impossible. I;ve never been pregnant so honestly I have no idea what it feels like. I am hoping that these are good sign for us! 
  • Options
    @msd1001 I know, it’s so frustrating not being able to differentiate between meds and true symptoms! I also can’t handle testing. With my fresh cycle I tested on a whim, even though it was way too early, and it messed me in the head so bad that I vowed never to test again. I also would rather hear from the clinic. I’m trying to tell myself that there are a lot of things that went well and are good signs, so I’m trying to focus on that instead of trying to symptom spot too much. 

Is your beta on Friday? 
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 My beta is on Thursday. I am just so nervous I don’t know what to expect. 
  • Options
    @msd1001 Ooh it’s coming up! The last day or so is the slowest everrrrr! Does your clinic call you same day or do you have to wait to find out? My biggest piece of advice is staying busy to a) pass the time quickly and b) try to keep mind on something else. 

Mine is Friday mid-morning. I’ve always gotten a call within a few hours. Luckily I’m working from home on Friday so I don’t have to deal with potential bad news at work. BUT I’m thinking positive, so bad news ain’t happening!!
  • Options
    @tosh24 I'm so sorry. I hope your natural cycle brings you that BFP!

• Options
    Question... Anyone else not responding well to Estrace? My protocol started out with 3 Estrace in the AM and 3 in the PM. Then on cycle day 6 they upped it to 4 in the AM/PM. Then cycle day 9, up to 5. I had my lining check on Monday, cycle day 16, and estradiol/progesterone checks. My lining still isn't thick enough so they are having me take 1 pill vaginally -- which threw me for a loop -- in the AM and PM. Anyone else experience anything like this???
  • Options
    Hi guys, quick update from me. Lining check went well and we are going to transfer next Monday. Beta the following Friday (not next Friday, the one after). 

I'm feeling very nervous. First PIO shot is tomorrow night, after our romantic Valentine's Day dinner. :) Hahaha.

Getting excited for these upcoming betas!

@mechelita44 - physically, I'm responding well... It's the other side effects I'm hating!
  • Options
    @funkykey Yay for having a transfer date! The first PIO is the worst bc of the anticipation, but youll quickly realize they’re not so bad...promise! I had a pretty strong needle phobia before but all this and now I’m giving my own IM injections. Never would’ve thought it’d happen lol! You’ll do great! 
  • Options
    @mechelita44 I’ve never used estrace before so I’m not quite sure . @funkykey that’s great ! So excited your transfer is so soon . Honestly the PIOs are totally tolerable. I would rather do those for 12 weeks then stick vaginal suppositories 3x daily . @ashleymarie512 yes my clinic calls same day usually by 10 am . I’m at work so I have it go tj voicemail and I listen on my way home from work . I have to be with patients all day at work so I don’t want to be distracted by good or bad news .
  • Options
    @msd1001 Oh man, that’s some willpower not to listen until after work! What do you do for work? 

@mechelita44 I haven’t had any issues with estrace. The previous cycles I used the Vivelle dot, which is just an estrogen patch, but that was 5yrs ago. RE switched to Estrace this time and just said it was cheaper, but it worked for me. I’m sorry it’s not working for you :( Are there other options you can try?
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Rereading I realize I was unclear. I'm nervous about the transfer. 

The PIOs I can handle. I just thought it was funny that it's our valentine's day dessert follow-up.
  • Options
    @funkykey Oops, sorry for misreading! I was nervous for my transfer too. I’m still nervous. 

As a matter of fact, I’m super in my head today  :( My boobs don’t hurt as much as yesterday and of course I can’t stop focusing on that. I won’t test, but just anxious about Friday and starting to feel disappointed already.  
  • Options
    @tosh24 oh man, major bummer!! i came to find you and just read about the BFN. i'm so sorry. as others have said, you're still in the game and it's just going to take some more tweaking to your protocol. definitely take the time you need and we're all cheering for your future bean on the next transfer.
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    :( also scrolled back to find you @marfi236 ... so sorry to hear about the fresh transfer but excited to hear that you're gearing up for your next FET!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options

@msd1001 the PIO constipation surprised me!  I don't remember any of this from my FET in 2016, and I think I'm on pretty much the same meds (except no Estrace).

My transfer is tomorrow and I'm just trying not to think about the 'what if's'.....like how we would tell family if this all works out (no one knows were doing this at the moment), and general baby logistics, etc.  Don't want to get my hopes all up until I have a solid reason to do so.  My failed 2016 FET was hard, because that was my last embryo with my own eggs.  This FET is with my sister's egg, but it is the only one that survived, so it's also our only chance.  Just hoping to stay relaxed and cool and calm and let what happens happen.

Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    @PNW12RN Ooh good luck tomorrow! It’s so hard to stay in that hope for the best/prepare for the worst mindset. I’ve been doing the same thing—“if this works, if we’re pregnant, etc” during the TWW. Your plan of staying cool and calm is the best thing to do, but easier said than done! Sending positive thoughts for tmw!