Infertility

February FET

Anyone else doing a February FET?

If anyone has their protocol already, would you care to share?
Me: 35 I DH: 38
*TW loss and children mentioned*
DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

Re: February FET

• I guess I'll start :)

DH and I have been TTC for 5.5 years. *TW loss mentioned* We have had two losses in that time, one at 9+1 due to a large SCH (and me contracting parvovirus also likely had something to do with it...) and another at about 6w. *End TW* We attempted 5 IUIs (3 completed, 2 cancelled) with femara and then a combo of femara and injects but our journey ultimately led us to IVF. I just finished my first round of IVF and got the call today from the lab that we have 10 frozen embryos. I had to freeze all due to OHSS risk (we got 22 eggs). We are not PGS testing for various reasons. I have an appointment on Thursday with my RE to go over my FET protocol so hopefully I should be able to transfer next cycle.

I've spent the better part of  6+ months researching IVF protocols but never thought as far ahead as a FET so now I'm overwhelmed with researching FET protocols before Thursday. If anyone would like to impart their wisdom or share their protocol and any decisions that went into selecting that protocol, I would be eternally grateful.

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• I *finally* got my FET calendar and I'm scheduled for February 7!

DH and I have been TTC for almost 2 years now. DH doesn't have any sperm (surgically confirmed), so we used a donor and ended up with 5 embies after IVF. *TW loss mentioned* Our December FET ended in a CP, but we are hopeful that this one will work. *TW*

@tosh24 That's fantastic that you have 10 embies! Were they day 3 or day 5? (I'm assuming day 5--it seems pretty much all the clinics do.) We'll be using the same protocol as last time, so BCP to have "quiet ovaries," Lupron injections, PIO injections, and then the FET. (I think that's a pretty common one.) If you have any questions about the FET process or protocols, I'd be happy to share :) Are you going to transfer 1 or 2?
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay! A FET buddy! I'm so sorry for your loss last FET @AlohaKumu. So exciting that you have your calendar and a FET date! I'm sure I will have lots of questions along the way, so I appreciate your offer :)

I will be transferring one. Since I'm under 35, they really like to only do one (also, the program that I went through for IVF has a SET requirement for under 35 anyway). What about you?

Yes, mine are day 5 embryos. I don't have all the info yet about them since I will get that Thursday at my appointment, but the lab told me they were good quality. I really hope I'm able to transfer this next cycle. When I talked to the nurse she seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem, so we'll see. If we are going with a more natural/medicated cycle, my transfer would be the first week of February as well!

TFAS since 2012

• Yes, I'll be transferring one again, especially since we did the PGS testing. My doctor has been very optimistic from the beginning and feels we will be successful without risking multiples at this point.

As long as all looks good with your baseline ultrasounds and bloodwork, then I think you'll be able to have your anticipated transfer date! I hope the doctors give you good information during your meeting on Thursday!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Hi Guys, mind if I join?

DH and I have been TTC #1 for a bit over 2 years now. We did a few IUIs, and then IVF in July, 2017. They found a polyp right before my ER, so I did a freeze all and had to wait until October for surgery (darn wait lists!). We did our first FET in November, and it failed. Thanks to a Christmas closure and some other plans, we are now hoping to do our second FET in February. 

@tosh24 - congratulations on a successful IVF round! I'm sorry for the OHSS risk, and hope you have been recovering well! 10 embryos is great!

@AlohaKumu - I was so sorry to see you had a CP. :( IF is so brutal, I'm so so sorry. 

We will be doing the same protocol as last time too - I'll start taking estrace to prevent ovulation with AF, and I will have both progesterone tablets and PIO shots.

Hoping this round will bring us all success!
  • msd1001msd1001 member
    edited January 2018
    Hey guys I am jumping over from the December FET  board.   I have unexplained infertility. I had three failed back to back IUIs with clomid June July and August 2017. So we moved onto IVF,  November 2 I had my egg retrieval where I ended up with 10 fertilized embryos but had to do a freeze all due to OHSS. We moved onto a December FET which failed.   I have to say I was pretty devastated about the failure. Because I am unexplained it was very hard for me to except the fact that our first IVF failed and I still didn’t have answers as to why I can’t conceive . 

So this round is going to be quite different than my previous. I demanded more testing so I had a sonohysterogram which came back completely normal. I then also had an endometrial biopsy which I am still waiting for the results. I feel my issue could possibly be implantation. Last cycle was the Estradiol patches on day one of my menstrual period and then started vaginal progesterone three times daily starting six days prior to transfer. This time around I did a Lupron Depot injection Which is said to help with implantation. I am currently on my last few days of birth control, I should get my period next week and then I will start the Estradiol patches again on day one. I will also be taking a baby aspirin and also steroids in case of an immune issue. Instead of vaginal suppositories I will be doing the progesterone in oil which was suggested by many IVF veterans Especially when doing an FET so I suggested that to my RE who said that she was fine with me doing that. Last time we transferred one because we have nine embryos left I think we may be going to transfer two this cycle. If I get my period on time we should be having a transfer date the second week of February. 

@tosh24 10embryos is great!  We had that amount to in the clinic was so happy about it! Welcome to the FET board !  I also had OHSS and a cancel fresh cycle we have a lot in common !

@funkykey I’m sorry about your failure, I know how hard it is I was pretty devastated my last round. Finger crossed for us this time around!

@AlohaKumu I’m so sorry about your CP, that must of been so hard. I’m hoping we all get very lucky this time around ! 
  • @funkykey Yes, I'm hoping this is finally it for us! I'm glad that if I have to do this again, I can do it with some awesome IF warriors by my side. This really has been brutal.
    @msd1001 It sounds like our cycles are pretty similar. I started on my Lupron last night and I'll also be on oral Estrace later this month. The PIO is a total pain, but I know studies have shown that it's really the most effective form of progesterone for most FETs. I hope we will all "graduate" after this cycle.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @funkykey I feel like I remember you from the April IUI thread. Looks like you had your last and I had my first IUI that month. I'm so sorry your first FET didn't work out but FX you blow this popsicle stand in February :)

@msd1001 Wow, our IVF experience does sound similar! Did you PGS test your embryos? It was going to be an extra $5k for us and the RE said she thought we could do without it, which was fine by me because I couldn't really afford it anyway! I know not all of my embryos are likely to be normal, but we're just taking the risk. Sorry your first transfer wasn't successful, but here's to hoping take two does the trick! Glad your RE was open to changing up your protocol.

@Alohakumu I forgot to mention before that I love the sentiment below your spoiler - ain't that the truth!

Thanks for sharing your protocols, ladies! It's given me lots to ask my RE about tomorrow. Do you know anyone who has done a femara protocol for a FET? I've been reading that there has been some good success with that protocol. Guess I'll see what the doc says tomorrow.

TFAS since 2012

• Hi everyone,

Is it OK if I join here?
    I recognize many of you from prior months which makes me sad and happy at the same time.  I'm hoping February will be a great month for all of us. 

I'm on a Lupron, PIO estrogen protocol with PIO progesterone as the date creeps closer.  

This will be my second donor egg FET cycle of two PGS tested embryos.  My transfer date is 2/28.  I transferred two normal PGS embryos in December which resulted in a chemical pregnancy.  I'm really hoping that my luck is better this time.  

@AlohaKumu I hope this is a graduation thread for us all!!!!!!
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • @radmom27 of course you can join I remember you from the previous board as well.  I’m so sorry about your CP I am hoping these next two embryos are the ones!

@tosh24 We did not do PGS testing on our embryos it would also cost us $5000! Because my DH and I are young they said that we would be less likely to have abnormal embryos. I will say though that at my Egg retrieval they retrieved 25 eggs, 21 were mature, 14 fertilized and 10 made it to day five. That being said I read that the more eggs they retrieve the more likely there will be some abnormality which worries me a bit.
  • @msd1001 - so sorry about your failed cycle. Hoping you have better luck this cycle! I found my Nov. fail pretty hard to take, so I understand. We're also unexplained.

@AlohaKumu - you know, I actually prefer the PIOs to the tablets. The tablets are just so... messy. Ugh.

@tosh24 - I remember you from the IUI threads. Ugh. I'm sad that we're both still here, but (selfishly) glad for the familiar name!

@radmom27 - welcome! Really hoping this goes well for you. I'm so sorry about the CP. That would be devastating. Hoping you have better luck this time too!
  • @radmom27 Welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss last cycle. I can only imagine how crushing that would have been after everything you have been through. I'm really hoping you find success this cycle! (As a side note, looks like we're both in the unexplained secondary infertility boat). 

TFAS since 2012

• Just got back from my FET consult. RE was really pleased with our IVF cycle results. She said that given the number and quality of blasts we have, she doesn't think I have egg quality issues which is what her (and my previous RE's) speculation was. Now I'm really worried it's my crotchety uterus because of my adenomyosis. I'm going to try not to stress about it since we seemed to pass the first two checkpoints OK (lots of eggs, lots of blasts) so hopefully there's a take home baby for me out of the bunch and I can cross the finish line.

We confirmed a transfer for next cycle!!! I will be on a medicated protocol. Estrace from CD 2 to about CD 14 (I think she said I'll go in for monitoring around CD 12 or something...can't remember) and then we'll be adding progesterone and will transfer a single embryo. We picked the best embryo from the natural fertilization bunch to start off with. She also offered me a natural FET cycle which I am more interested in because I don't like screwing with my body (Ha! Funny thing to say after IVF....), but at the moment I don't think I can emotionally handle the extra monitoring and possibility of cancellation if I ovulate early, so for peace of mind I am going for the medicated cycle. If we have one or more failures than my RE is definitely open to switching things up. I'll be looking at a transfer the first week of February (I'm hoping the weekend of the 3rd/4th so I can just take it easy at home).   

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 so very exciting! I would totally want to do a natural cycle as well but like you said I'd be so scared it would be cancelled. I hate being on so many medications.  I am so healthy, I've never even had surgery! The first time was ever put under anesthesia was my egg retrieval so lets just say I have never in my life been on any type of medicine other than antibiotics until fertility treatments. I just told my husband the other day that I have literally been on fertility meds since June and 2 months of BC pill in between a few cycles...I have not felt my normal self in so long! But I know it will all be worth it for all of us!

AFM I just have a question.... have any of you gone through an endometrial biopsy before? If so how long did the bleeding last. TMI its been a week since my biopsy and I have been bleeding (brownish discharge) old blood since a day after. Is this normal? 
  • @msd1001 - I'm sorry, I haven't had the biopsy done. 

@tosh24 but at the moment I don't think I can emotionally handle the extra monitoring and possibility of cancellation if I ovulate early, so for peace of mind I am going for the medicated cycle.

Exactly, I felt the exact same way. My IUIs were such a nightmare in terms of monitoring - I responded to the clomid differently each cycle, and I ended up being monitored closely and needing to trigger anyway. When it came to our FET, I didn't want that ovulation stress again. I found the FET hard enough, just keeping track of the different dosages every day!
  • @radmom27 I'm also bummed to see you here again, but I am hopeful we will have tons of graduates next month.
    @tosh24 That's awesome that you have a confirmed cycle! Like @funkykey, I would absolutely opt for the medicated cycle, too, if I was given the choice. With all the heartache and uncertainty during this process, I gladly accept being able to have more peace of mind when I can.
    @msd1001 I haven't had the biopsy either, but I think the amount is probably as important as the length of time. If it's just a tiny bit, it's probably just working its way out. If it's quite a bit a week later, that could be cause for concern. Either way, I would check in with your RE if something doesn't feel right.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Thanks,  guys :) I feel peace with the plan so I think it was a good way to go. 

@msd1001 I had an endometrial biopsy in October and I just had some light pink spotting for 24 hours and then very minor brown spotting only when I wiped for maybe a day or so after that. I also had a hysteroscopy at the same appointment right after the biopsy so I don't know if the water cleaned everything out so my spotting was less? Maybe just give the nurse a call and ask? 

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 @AlohaKumu I’m gonna call my doctor tomorrow just to make sure!  Thanks girls
  • Hello All,

I hope I can join. (TW children mentioned) I was a very active member on the Bump in 2014 when I had my IUIs, IVF and FET which by the grace of God resulted in my now 3 year old twin girls (TW). I loved being a part of of this community and with a FET scheduled for Feb I would love to join you ladies.

My pervious FET in April of 2014 was due to OHSS from my IVF egg retrieval. That time I did lupron, and estrogen and then progesterone after transfer. This time, we have decided to just to estrogen and progesterone after transfer. There was a bit of a kerfuffle this week as I went in for my SHG and baseline blood work and while the SHG looked fine, but estrogen was super high due to the fact that I had just had my IUD out. However my RE told me to leave my IUD in up until the day of the SHG - so I was ticked. I soon there after started my period and today will start BCP with a new baseline in two weeks. Hoping this little kerfuffle only delayed the process a few weeks. As we all know waiting is the worst. 

I look forward to getting to know you ladies and cheering all of you on through this process.  

Married 2010

TTC Sept 2012

Clomid with TI Jan, Feb Mar 2013 - All BFN

IUI #1-3, Aug, Sept, Oct 2014 - All BFN

IVF #1 ER 2/19/14, 34R, 33F, 21 on ice, Freeze All

FET #1 4/11/14, Beta on 4/22

Beta #1 1238, Beta #2 - 4000 - BFP 

Twin Girls Born 11/25/14

• tosh24tosh24 member
    edited January 2018
    @KathrynShustek Welcome! So happy you had success with a previous FET. Sorry about the delay - that would be frustrating -  but I hope you are still able to get a February  FET in!

ETA: @msd1001 Were you able to follow up with your RE? Hope everything is OK!

TFAS since 2012

• @KathrynShustek Welcome!  It is so uplifting to hear a success story about your previous FET!

@tosh24 I am still patiently waiting for my biopsy results I’m gonna call again on Monday! So frustrating I just want to know .
  • CD1 today!!! I start my Estrace tomorrow (4mg twice a day) and I go back in on CD14 (Jan 27th) for an u/s. If all is good, I'll start my progesterone the next day with a FET on Feb 1st!!!

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 woo hoo!!! It’s so exciting that our FETs are just around the corner!
    @KathrynShustek Welcome to the thread. I hope this FET is just as successful as when you had your twins!
    @msd1001 did your bleeding finally stop?
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • msd1001msd1001 member
    edited January 2018
    @AlohaKumu yes finally yesterday ! It took 9 days ,l though it would never end haha. Still waiting on results though 

@tosh24 Congrats on CD1! I’m hoping mine will be around the corner too so we can get this show on the road ! 
  • Hi!

I am getting ready to start the 'real' meds tomorrow for my mid-February FET!

A little backstory:  I had embryos frozen right before starting chemo for breast cancer in 2013.  Only one survived to blast and was also PGS normal.  We tried to get more eggs, but my ovaries refused to cooperate, so we went forward and did FET of our only embryo in 7/16, which was not successful.  We moved forward with our plans for my sister to donate eggs, but 3 weeks after the failed FET, I got pregnant the old fashioned way when my fET lining didn't shed for some reason and my body ovulated at an odd time.  I didn't find out until I was 7 weeks along.  My daughter is currently 8 months old.  Just before she was born, we did an ER with my sister and ended up with 1 PGS normal embryo, which we'll be implanting around Valentines Day.

My protocol is a few weeks of BCP, then lupron (which I start tomorrow), then delestrogen every third day if I pass the suppression check on CD10 (starting from first lupron day).  After the transfer, we add PIO into the mix and wait for that first beta.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @PNW12RN Welcome! You've had quite the journey to get here! What an amazing story about how your daughter came to be - congrats! FX your Feb FET is successful :)

TFAS since 2012

• @PNW12RN welcome! Wow so amazing you had a little miracle baby :smile:

AFM I finally got my results to by endometrial biopsy and everything was negative, it came back perfect. I know this sounds crazy but I was almost hoping they found something because all my testing through this entire infertility journey has come back picture perfect! It is so frustrating. Anyways I am thinking today is CD1 for my I am spotting but haven't started the full flow yet so I am waiting to call my IVF nurse. I hope it is so we can start this new FET cycle!!! 
  • @PNW12RN Welcome to the board. I hope everything goes well as you prepare for your FET.
    @msd1001 I understand the hope that you'll find something, even if you don't want anything to be wrong. It's so frustrating to be in a limbo state with no answers for what is causing the IF in the first place. I hope AF started in full force for CD1.

AFM Today's baseline looked great! Three weeks until the FET :)
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @msd1001 Glad your biopsy came back clear! I, too, know what you mean about wanting answers since I'm also unexplained and all our testing so far hasn't shown any issues. Hope CD 1 arrived and your FET prep is underway! Looks like there are a few of us on track for an early Feb transfer!  

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 Yes CD1 did arrive on Tuesday!  I started my estradiol patches and my FET is scheduled for February 6th! 
  • Happy Sunday, ladies!!! How has everyone been doing? Any new developments/updates? How is everyone feeling heading into their FETs? @Alohakumu @funkykey @msd1001 @radmom27 @kathrynshustek @PNW12RN

AFM, just chugging along on Estrace. I just switched from taking it orally to vaginally. First time I've ever taken it vaginally. Not the most pleasant experience. And I've been feeling extra nauseated. I feel like it's weird that it would be the estrace since I was only nauseated if I took it orally on an empty stomach. Who knows. I think I'm feeling way more anxious about the FET than the IVF cycle. It's like the last hurdle is actually getting pregnant and staying pregnant and everything is riding on my body cooperating now (which makes me extremely nervous). I'm really anxious to start the TWW again after having some time off. My u/s is next Sat and if my lining is OK, FET is 5 days later. I think I'm just going to be completely BSC. I need to come up with a plan to keep myself busy.

TFAS since 2012

• Hey @tosh24 - I'm still waiting on AF. I'm currently CD 19, so I've got a little ways to go. Once AF starts, I'm pretty sure I will be totally obsessed with this board, but in the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy the time between treatments!

You said: I think I'm feeling way more anxious about the FET than the IVF cycle. It's like the last hurdle is actually getting pregnant and staying pregnant and everything is riding on my body cooperating now (which makes me extremely nervous). 

I was pretty anxious going into IVF, but I'm pretty anxious about this FET too. I want for this chapter of my life to be over. It's been so painful and gruelling. I'm going to follow my doctor's orders and take the medication as directed and do all the things they recommend, but beyond that, it's really out of my hands. I know this. I just wish a negative result wouldn't hurt SO SO SO much, you know? I'm trying to stay hopeful, and I'm hopeful enough to move forward and follow doctor's orders, but in the back of my mind, I'm anxious because I know how painful this might be.

• *lurking*

@funkykey I hear you dear. I really hope that this next try would be it for you and so that you can begin a brand new chapter in your life. (((Hugs)))

• @tosh24 I've had a ton of insurance issues trying to get my FET approved but finally after being rejected, am going out of pocket.  Strangely enough, although it's more money out of pocket, I feel relieved.  I started Lupron yesterday and have my first check on 1/30. I'm getting a little nervous but am trying to stay zen. I've done oral, vaginal and IM estrogen and by far, vaginal is my least favorite.  It's just messy!!!

@tosh24@AlohaKumu I love that there is an acronym BSC.  That is totally me in the 2WW.

@funkykey I can't tell you how much your sentiments resonate with me.  I so want to be able to move on with my life and not be stuck in this limbo.  I keep telling myself that I'll be OK with whatever comes with this next FET but I know that I'm lying to myself.  
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • @funkykey So sorry to pull you out of between-treatment relaxation!! I know exactly what you mean. We can only control so much and the possibility that we can do everything right and still end up with an extremely painful outcome is a tough pill to swallow. Being stuck in the limbo of treatment is tough too. Glad you are enjoying the down time before AF arrives and I'm looking forward to seeing you back here when your FET gets underway. I'm hopeful this chapter ends on a happy note for all of us!

@AlohaKumu Glad you are chugging along relatively stress free! Two more weeks and we can be BSC together ;)

@radmom27 Ugh, I'm sorry for your insurance issues. I have been fighting with my insurance company since last July trying to get my IVF cycle covered with denial after denial (and I have IVF coverage too, so figure that one out.....). We also just went ahead and cycled under a program my clinic offered. I'm still continuing the fight with insurance in case I ever need the coverage again in the future (ugh, I hope not...) and it is so flippin' stressful. I hope you still have the opportunity to work it all out so you can claim the cost of your transfer. 

TFAS since 2012

• This process is so slow!!  I started BCPs on Christmas Day, and have been doing Lupron injections for 10 days now.  I go in tomorrow for my suppression check, and will start delestrogen on Thursday if my ultrasound goes well.  All of this, and I won't transfer until the week of February 12-16!  I keep seeing people with much shorter protocols out there and I feel like I'm never going to get there!!
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @PNW12RN Yes, it totally seems like this process goes on forever before you actually get to transfer. I just can't wait until February rolls around so it doesn't seem so far away.

AFM After this morning's bloodwork, my doc wants me to increase my Estrace from 2 pills twice a day to 2 pills three times a day. I know they do the bloodwork to be sure that everything looks okay, but it makes me nervous like my body isn't doing something right.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • @AlohaKumu I know what you mean. My clinic doesn't do any monitoring for a FET cycle until CD14. So, I've been taking Estrace for the last two weeks with what feels like the majority of them falling or leaking out, and I'm so nervous I'm going to go in for my check on CD14 and I'm going to get cancelled. The nurse told me they don't do b/w on CD14 either so that has me nervous too in case my hormone levels are "off". The nurse is new and she's given me wrong info before, so I'm hoping she's wrong this time too because I certainly don't want to be wasting an embryo on less than stellar conditions. Are you able to call your nurse and ask why the bump in estrogen to help ease your mind? 

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 Wow! That seems odd that they wouldn't do any bloodwork at all. I'm required to go in for bloodwork three times and get two ultrasounds during the cycle. Hopefully the nurse is wrong in your case and they'll at least check on your levels. As for the Estrace increase, my doctor's office is pretty honest, so I feel like if they were concerned about having to cancel the cycle completely, they would let me know. I'll have bloodwork again on 2/2, so I guess if my levels are still off, they would make a decision at that time.
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018