April 2018 Moms

Facebook Migration

Re: Facebook Migration

• @kmalls that makes sense! 

also I support the current noms!

and finally GO PATS! Can y’all believe we missed the first quarter bc the tv was on cbs all day and we had paused it in the morning during Sunday morning so we were 30 mins behind..... and no one out of the 25 ppl there noticed?!?!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Just catching up on this as I don't go on TB much on the weekends. I agree with the four nominations as these ladies seem to be the most active on the board. Assuming I would make the cut, I would be really happy for the migration to happen now/soon. It's too hard to jump on this app and contribute quickly and easily.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mmmmkaymmmmkay member
    edited January 2018
    so.  1.  i don't know what a ticker change is. sorry.  i'm bump clueless.  and 2.  i'm on a facebreak because i was spending too much time online and needed to focus on work before i went out for mat leave.  can i join in march?  pretty please?
    the whole making the cut thing makes me sad though.  why wouldn't people make the cut?

• @JJMNO1616 I just spent way to long looking for the gif/meme i've seen recently.  It goes something like "when you get the email that your item has shipped" and a woman opens her lawn chair by the mail box.  Just over here waiting for my rose like....

Hahaha! I know exactly which one you are talking about.
  • well that's too bad.  I am still pretty active in my facebook group (from an original bump group) from my first daughter and I am sure I would be for this as well, but just can't quite get my head around navigating the bump website.   So probably would never be accepted!  oh well! have fun you guys.

also, while I know Facebook has most people's real names,  unless your profile is super public, then that's the only extra piece of information people have about you unless you friend them.  I have a strict "must have met you in person" facebook friend policy.

• I think the admin choices are great! Don't mind me, I'll just be checking my inbox nonstop to see if I make the cut ;) 
  • The board does seem more active. I'm surprised when I check in and there is so much to catch up on. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I would like to add my two cent about Wednesday being one of the few. I honestly feel Wednesday ticker died around the holidays and hasn't recovered since. The few of us that are Wednesday do participate in other posts.
  • luna8433 said:
    I would like to add my two cent about Wednesday being one of the few. I honestly feel Wednesday ticker died around the holidays and hasn't recovered since. The few of us that are Wednesday do participate in other posts.
    No worries. Ticker change days have no bearing on the FB group. 
  • I agree with the nominations as well. I think all have been very active in a lot of the boards and have offered support/suggestions and feedback in a respectful manner which I think is super important. As a FTM this has been a great experience for me so far. 

Will we get an idea of when messages will be sent out?

@JJMNO1616 I am dying at the GIFS
  • I am kind of loving this rose thing haha! That made me laugh out loud, my husband looked at me like I was insane ⚘⚘⚘⚘
  • sorry I am a bit late to this thread but glad to see it.  I agree with 1-the nominations 2-i would like no adverstising it gets a bit overwhelming when you just want advice or help getting through the day. 3- the move. 
  • Catching up because yay third tri insomnia. 

I know they’ve already accepted but wonderful choices for the nominations! Good luck with filtering through all of us crazies ladies  :p

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is there going to be some kind of check to be sure that everyone is in fact who they say they are before being let into the Facebook group? Like, I've seen on other BMBs where you have to send a bump selfie with you holding a sheet of paper with your TB screen name written on it to the admins through Facebook before being let into the group. Something like that?
  • Wow @kbamomma33 I never would have thought of something like that. I guess I am a little too trusting!
  • All of the suggestions sound pretty good thus far. This is my first pregnancy so the bump boards, Facebook migration, and everything else is new to me. So I will just go with the flow.
  • Is there going to be some kind of check to be sure that everyone is in fact who they say they are before being let into the Facebook group? Like, I've seen on other BMBs where you have to send a bump selfie with you holding a sheet of paper with your TB screen name written on it to the admins through Facebook before being let into the group. Something like that?
    If the admins send the link for the FB group in a PM then it's unlikely someone random would find the group right away... another way of screening is that the admins can make it so you have to answer a question before joining the group and the question could be "What is your bump screen name?".   
  • JJMNO1616 said:
    Is there going to be some kind of check to be sure that everyone is in fact who they say they are before being let into the Facebook group? Like, I've seen on other BMBs where you have to send a bump selfie with you holding a sheet of paper with your TB screen name written on it to the admins through Facebook before being let into the group. Something like that?
    If the admins send the link for the FB group in a PM then it's unlikely someone random would find the group right away... another way of screening is that the admins can make it so you have to answer a question before joining the group and the question could be "What is your bump screen name?".   
    Wondering if @kbamomma33 is referring to more of a catfish situation?
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • JJMNO1616 said:
    Is there going to be some kind of check to be sure that everyone is in fact who they say they are before being let into the Facebook group? Like, I've seen on other BMBs where you have to send a bump selfie with you holding a sheet of paper with your TB screen name written on it to the admins through Facebook before being let into the group. Something like that?
    Ohhh... hmm well, I guess there is always a possibility that could happen either way. It's not hard to fake a bump if you were really determined lol! 
  • JJMNO1616 said:
    Yes. This is what I was thinking of. And I mean, of course you could photoshop or fake a bump if you were really motivated, but that takes more effort and isn't as easy to do, believably, unless you have really good editing software, which not everyone does. Plus, just having someone answer a question like, "what is your bump screen name?" without providing the answer in a pregnant selfie, for example, doesn't really aid in ascertaining that someone is in fact a pregnant female and hasn't been catfishing or posting bump pics to HDBD that aren't their own. Maybe I've just seen way too many catfisher situations on TB, and so my radar for that kind of thing is way up. 
  • Oh man, I hope we don't go the pregnant selfie route. I don't have a very pregnant looking body shape. I'm tall and overweight. If I don't tell people they have no idea I'm pregnant right now. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• First time checking in since Friday, so much to catch up on! I would just like to give my support to the decisions on admins and also to say that the "group vote" for adding new members seems very fair and reasonable. Looking forward to making the jump to FB  :)

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married 5/3/14, TTC ever since

DX: Lean PCOS, Clomid resistant

Femara 7.5 + Ovidrel = BFP! Due 4/15/18

• @mcb2016 I agree I am not tall actually the opposite short and overweight but I just look fat not so much a pregnant belly. everyone keeps telling me I will pop so i am patiently waiting.