August 2018 Moms

Introduction

Re: Introduction

• Hey! I'm Katie and I haven't been on TB in about 5 years  :o I am married, have a 6yo dd and am about 9w1d with #2! I always said I was one and done...but here we are! First appt is tomorrow, fx everything is fine!
  • Hi all, I'm PGAL and AMA STM in Forest Hills, NY (in NYC) and have been (mostly) quietly lurking with my fingers crossed until my first appointment, which was this evening. Yay! Things are looking good at 9 weeks! I'm excited to participate fully and get to know you all. My DD turned 4 in September and we've been TTC for the last two years. I'm 40 so this will be the last one for me. 

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! You should change your screen name so we can get to know you. You'll probably have to log out and back in on the knot after you change it. 
    Also, I think L&D nurses are saints. I had a fairly traumatic labor/delivery, and I would have gone batshit crazy if not for the amazing nurses I had!
    Hey! Okay I tried logging out and in so hopefully it works! Sorry to hear your first birthing experience was traumatic !! Hopefully it’s a lot smoother this time around! I honestly love what I do and I feel so blessed to be able to experience what I get to experience everyday at work. It’s an honor to be there to see patients at such a magical time of their lives! That being said, when things aren’t going so well it can be really sad and traumatic. Nice to meet you and thanks for reaching out!
  • @sadiaaaaaa the screen name change worked! Glad to have you here.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • @suzystar829 I’m in New London County currently :)
  • Funnygirl34Funnygirl34 member
    edited January 2018
    Hello! 

I'm a little late to the game, but don't worry, I've been lurking!  I'm definitely not new to thebump, though, as I've been around for about 6 years since TTC our first.  My husband and I have 2 boys and after a 1.5 year infertility journey we are thrilled to be expecting our third!  Looking forward to getting to you all!

I'm due August 23!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• labrnr74 said:

Hello,

I am due around Aug 26, I'm 7 weeks today.  I haven't had a dr apt or dating ultrasound yet.

This will be my 4th child, my other children will be DS 20, DD1 18, DD2 12, when this little one arrives.  I feel like I am a first time mom again, it's been so long I forgot so much.

I am looking forward to getting to you all.

Welcome @labrnr74! I'm right there with you! We are due the same week and I too have much older children. My DDs are 21 & 12! Best of luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you!
  • anon3anon3 member
    edited January 2018
  • simplystaciasimplystacia member
    edited January 2018
    Hey everyone! I’m Stacia. I’m 27 and just found out I’m 8weeks 3 days pregnant with TWINS. This is my 2nd pregnancy and finding out it is twins was a complete shock. I’m excited to be here and can’t wait to hear all the encouragement from all the other moms to be. 
  • Hi everyone. Im 38 preg with second. It was twins but we lost one. Im finnally feeling better and hopeful. I look forward to being part of a supportive community until august and beyond.:)
  • Hello! I am new to this site, but I loved using the Knot for my recent marriage, so it seemed like the natural progression!

My name is Jessica, and I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. 

This little nugget is due 8/1, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
  • Hello everyone! My name is Liz and I’m 10 weeks today with baby #4. I have three daughters who are 2, 3 and 7 and have already gotten a whole bunch of “I bet you hope it’s a boy this time” comments  :D I am a little slow at joining this board but hope to be more active! I was pretty active on the N15 board with my last pregnancy and still talk to a close group of about 10 ladies I met on that board all the time. It was a godsend having people to talk to who were all going through similar experiences especially in those challenging first few months with a newborn! 
    I hope you all have a H&H 9 months and look forward to getting to know you all better! 

*YCSWU July Siggy*

• @MelindaLoves I can't imagine the mix of emotions. Hugs to you

IvorySoapGirl - Forest Hills, NY

Me: 40  DH: 40
    Married May 2012
    DD born Sep 2013
    MC Feb 2017 11w2d
    CP May 2017 5w
    MC Oct 2017 6w
    BFP Dec 2017 EDD 8/15/18

• Hi everyone. Im 38 preg with second. It was twins but we lost one. Im finnally feeling better and hopeful. I look forward to being part of a supportive community until august and beyond.:)

I'm sorry that must be so rough. 
  • thmom2 said:
    Hi,
    26 years old, live in Norway. Pregnant second time around. Due 12/8 this time around. So it will be 2 years beetwen the siblings. Don’t know if there is one or two in there, and it will be around 1,5 month before I know. Excited!! 
    It's so cool to see that we have so much international representation in this group!  Norway is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  Your kids will be close in age, which is so nice.  Let us know when you find out how many you're having! :smile:
  • Hi all! I’ve been lurking the boards since I was 5 weeks but haven’t introduced myself until now (cautiously aware of MC and MMC’s that occur in the family.) My name is Briony, I’m 23 and I’ve no previous children, so this will be my first! I’m also based in the UK!

But I’m now 11 weeks and a day, due August 1st and very ready to get more involved in the community as long as my first scan goes well next week. 
  • Hi all!! I am 28 STM and a SAHM of a 2 1/2 little girl. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and this year we will be married for 4 years! I am current in a mom group from my TB with my baby and it was the best thing, so I’m excited to get to know all of you!

I am due August 24th and just had my first US yesterday!
  • kels41328kels41328 member
    edited January 2018
    Hi everyone! My name is Kelsey, 30 years old, and DH and I live in Washington state. EDD is August 13th. This is our first so we are both excited and a little nervous. We had our first US yesterday at 9.5 weeks and everything is looking great so far! So fun to see baby moving around  :)
  • Hey friends! My name is Ashley, this is my third pregnancy (we lost the first two early on). I found out at about four weeks, and am 8 weeks 4 days today. I'm 30, my husband is 32. Trying to stay positive! I'm an artist and teacher living in New England, my husband is an engineer:) this will be our first baby! Congrats to all of you! I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with everyone! We're due August 22nd !
  • angelal18 said:
    Hi, I'm Angela. I am 36 and live in southern ME. This is my first pregnancy! I went to the dr. at 6 weeks and was able to see the baby and the heartbeat! My EDD is August 9th! They found a cyst on my right ovary. Anyone else have one? 
    Hey Angela! 
    I actually had a cyst rupture at about 5 weeks-- we thought it was another miscarriage, but thank God it was just a cyst. Had my 8 week ultrasound this week and saw a heartbeat. Also have two more cysts. Hoping they behave! 
  • Lots of ladies in New England I’m surprised lol
  • cthulu said:
    Lots of ladies in New England I’m surprised lol
    It's because it's hella cold up here.... 
    cooped in the house... 
    sexy times are bound to happen
  • Hi everyone! My name is Megan, and i’m 25. I am 7w5d, and this will be our first (we’re very excited). I am so looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you ladies! 
  • Hi All, 

I am currently PGAL, due Aug 30th and hoping it stays that way! I have a 2.5 year old Daughter. I had 3 miscarriages before her, have had 2 after and my last pregnancy in August ended up being an ectopic. So here’s to hoping this one keeps growing! I have to take progesterone daily until 12 weeks. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • F47F47 member
    Hi Ladies,

I’m 8w4d with my third. I just found out I was pregnant on Monday when I was 7w6d. My first two were conceived with fertility treatments, so this is a TOTAL surprise. We thought I was broken. I haven’t had a period in more than 4 years. So...imagine my surprise!

My two boys are ages 4 and 14 months. 

It’s going to be crazy have 3 kids (and two under 2 for a bit), but the shock is wearing off and we’re so excited. 

I was very active on my BMB for baby #2 (still am in our Facebook group). Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hello everyone, my name is Sam and I'm 24. My SO is 31. We are from Minnesota. This is my first ever pregnancy and my SO second child, his first is 6. This is all so new and exciting and I'm so excited to get to know and learn from you other mothers along the way.
  • @F47 hey girl, good to see you again! I'm another  October 16 Mama. Congrats on #3
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey all! Due August 27 with my second. I was in another bump month club and loved it for the most part. I’m from NJ and have a two year old boy. I’m super excited about having our second but have been really struggling with nausea as I’m sure most of us are right now!
  • F47F47 member
    brzvice said:
    @F47 hey girl, good to see you again! I'm another  October 16 Mama. Congrats on #3
    Thought I recognized you. Congrats to you, as well!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • After a couple weeks of becoming reacquainted with the bump, I decided to come out of the shadows and finally make my introduction. This is #2 for me and my fiancé. We had our son July 2016, and this one’s EDD is August 27. I’m excited to rejoin the bump and am excited to be a little more active online than I was with the last. 
  • I would love to help someone like that! You will always be a blessing to them! I hope your life is blessed 10 fold for your bravery and awesomeness!! I hope this little boy will be handsome just like they wish!! Im sure they will ❤ it no matter what! Happy healthy pregnancy to you!
  • @campos4life you have to tag or quote the person for them (or anyone else) to know who you're responding to.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Hi ladies,
    I'm a SAHM at the moment but a Nanny when I am working. I have a 5 year old daughter and am so thrilled to be pregnant again! Due Aug 3rd according to u/s on 1/2. I'm 11 weeks 3 days and *crossing fingers* feel like the worst of the morning sickness is past. This pregnancy has been a lot different from my first. With my daughter I lived on Zofran until half way thru the 3rd tri. This time I've been able to manage it with how and what I eat and perfect timing. We have a Genetic Counseling appt on the 23rd so I am kind of anxious about that and not even sure I want any of that. Any insight into what that appt entails would be awesome!