August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 12/23 & 24

Re: Weekend Randoms 12/23 & 24

• Options
    @hardlyhannah best of luck xo 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck @hardlyhannah!! My pregnancy only became real last night with mine lol. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @hardlyhannah! I got so nervous before my 1st ultrasound with DS I was shaking in the waiting room. I didn’t think I’d be nervous this time but I totally was! 
  • Options
    I get it. After losing my first pregnancy at 8 weeks, just after it started feeling real, I'm afraid to let myself get excited with this one so far. Until I surpass the 8 weeks and see that everything is going well, then I'll let myself get excited. I'm even afraid to look at cribs and other cute baby stuff so far. 
  • Options
    @ecwk one good thing about not leaving the house the last week is that I've worn sweats or pajamas every single day. Tuesday I need to wear clothes and I'm not looking forward to it 

• Options
    Maternity clothes are the best! Also I’ve been 9 months pregnant in the winter and the summer. Clothes wise, being 9 months pregnant in the summer is so much better. No pants needed. Just loose dresses. 
  • Options
    Rocking maternity here too. In fact I went through my bins today. I’ve really run the gamut for season/size. I really need a great pair of jeans, since I live in them, but otherwise I’ll grab basic tees as needed and should be good till warm weather hits. 

I have so much really cute stuff from my youngest who was close for season too (he was June) but of course I started that preg at my ideal adult weight and was super fit. This preg after lots of loss-depression? Yeah none of that stuff fits. Boo.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Most of my maternity clothes are winter,  but I’m hoping I can get away without buying too much. I won’t be working in the last trimester, so I won’t need to worry about that much.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I feel like I'm the only FTM on here, and super bummed that I don't already own maternity clothes. I just bought three pairs of sweatpants a size up from what I normally wear because I've been so uncomfortable this week. I'm just worried about spending money on maternity clothes and then not using them. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @jsnakehole you will definitely use them. Probably starting second tri that's all you'll be able to wear, unless you end up being a unicorn. Check your local buy/sell/trade groups. I bought a ton of stuff new for my first, but I also got quite a few used things from
    local Facebook groups. 
  • Options
    @jsnakehole Also keep your eye on Zulily. They frequently have deals on Pink Blush maternity gear.
  • Options
    @jsnakehole Also keep your eye on Zulily. They frequently have deals on Pink Blush maternity gear.
    This. Also, old Navy has decent stuff for good prices.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    I suggest getting a nice pair of jeans assuming you wear them alit normally. You’ll feel better about yourself and be comfortable! For me, old navy and target mat jeans were always a bad fit (I have long legs and they seem short) but gap ones are great. It’s rare they discount denim so when they do jump on it. 

My xmas gift from dh was $100 to get a new pair of jeans. I’m not sure I need $100 jeans for my last pregnancy, but then again I’ll wear them every.day and my current ill fittings ones make me feel like a fat slob. 

Its also worth buying mat stuff earliy ish since a) most ppl wearing regular clothes at that in between point look like more fat but in maternity you look pregnant b) you’ll use it post partum. 

Check poshmark for consigned stuff! I’m about to list stuff there lol

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @jsnakehole I never used mat pants. My regular jeans were fine, and I always just sized up a top 2nd & 3rd tris.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I agree with Old Navy for maternity clothes. Also if you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, I got good deals on maternity clothes there. 
  • Options
    I like H&M stuff too their tights are awesome for maternity

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    7425cait7425cait member
    edited December 2017
    I hated spending money on maternity clothes that I only wore for a sorry period of time. My last tri was warm weather, so I lived in leggings and tunics. During the winter I just dipped into the target clearance section and got a bunch of tops a size or two up and paired then with cardigans that I already owned. 
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I am hoping to get by wearing leggings for most of my pregnancy. I'm not sure if I'm kidding myself, though. I'm planning to get a few maternity tops once big sweaters are no longer seasonal.

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brzvicebrzvice member
    edited December 2017
    +1 for clearance shopping tops one or two sizes up, worked like a charm for me and saved me lots of $. I only owned 1 maternity top and a couple pairs of pants. The pants were worth shelling out for though. I also sized up leggings and that worked along with sized up empire/baby doll waisted sundresses for the summer.
    ETA-check the swim wear section too for some flowy cover-ups that don't necessarily scream swim wear
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jsnakehole I never used mat pants. My regular jeans were fine, and I always just sized up a top 2nd & 3rd tris.
    Girl, how?!? Teach me! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I am hoping to get by wearing leggings for most of my pregnancy. I'm not sure if I'm kidding myself, though. I'm planning to get a few maternity tops once big sweaters are no longer seasonal.

Maternity leggings are sooooo comfy, though. But with it being summer, I don’t see myself in leggings near the end....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @lalala2004 yeah im
    thinking lots of dresses. Plus, so easy and way more comfy when you are sweaty and having control issues etc lol

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Also team dresses come spring and summer. In the winter I think I'll depend on leggings a lot. I Also think the using your regular pants thing depends on how you're carrying, too. If you carry pretty high maybe you can figure out a way, but I know with ds I carried so incredibly low there was no way. He liked hiding low behind my hip 

• Options
    I carried my first so high, he basically was in my boobs. Definitely needed maternity pants!!! No doubt. Plus my hips spread each time (and every tally went back) so even my fittest pregnancy I couldn’t have gotten them over my hips. 

I know some women can do that but I think it’s fsirly rare. Seems uncomfortable too (says the girl who’s regular jeans made me almost throw up at like 6 w lol). But if it works rock on!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    @pghctwife that was me too. Everything spread so much there was no way I could have worn my normal clothes past like 15-17 weeks.
  • Options
    Happy New Year’s Eve! I’m going to go against the tide here, I couldn’t wear leggings and dresses unless I was lounging around the house last time. I bought several pairs of maternity pants for work and a few pairs of jeans and some shorts. That panel was so supportive and I felt it really gave me some much needed control. My last was an August baby as well.

I went to motherhood maternity last time and got a bunch of stuff on sale but I’ll probably get some things from Gap and Old Navy this time.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 that’s my worry with dresses. Toward the end with DS anything but maternity pants hurt because of the lack of belly support, and I never found a belly band I liked. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat girl yes! And in August you reeeealy don’t want that extra layer of a band. I just felt like my skin was being stretched out even more than it already was and ugh, the back pain!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, everyone! I just signed up for Zulily. I'll probably get a few pairs of 'work' pants and a pair of jeans, and then just size up in leggings. Unfortunately, it doesn't get warm enough for dresses until close to June by me, but once it does a bunch of my dresses should still fit until the very end. I'm happy I went through a phase where 90% of my shirts were very flowy. That should get me through the school year.

It's so funny, I totally thought I knew so much and was super prepared for this. I'm totally lost and not feeling prepared at all.

• Options
    Oh and just a PSA for everyone, your feet can spread too so you might need a totally different size shoes by the end. 

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was pregnant in a different season last time, so I imagine I will be living in dresses come 3rd Tri! My work is also very casual, so I can wear jeans and leggings, where with DS I had a different job and had to buy some maternity work pants. I have enough lose tops, tunics, big sweaters that I think I can get away with those and leggings for awhile! I had one great pair of jeans last time, so I’ll have to dig them out and see how they fit this time around. They were jessica Simpson brand from Motherhood Maternity and I was surprised at how well they fit! 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    Oh and just a PSA for everyone, your feet can spread too so you might need a totally different size shoes by the end. 
    My feet didn't, thank God. I already wear an 11! I don't think they can get much bigger. My coworker gained a whole size and they never went back. 
  • Options
    Well I just put on my first pair of maternity jeans this time around and it was a squeeze. Looks like I need to go shopping sooner than I thought. It was the first pair I grabbed so hoping I have another that fits better. Ugh. 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Let me also sing the praises of maternity leggings. I wore my regular leggings until about 20 weeks last time, and while it might sound completely crazy right now, those puppies are gonna get tight and uncomfortable. I didnt want to cave but seriously, maternity leggings are the BEST. Like your comfiest yoga pants, but better. I don't know how much wear you'll get in the summer but I literally see myself living in them after work and probably that whole first month postpartum, no matter how hot it is.
  • Options
    meeks2020meeks2020 member
    edited December 2017
    I third the shoes. I went from size 8 to 9.5 and returned back to 8.5 being my permanent size

Edited bc of spelling

• Options
    I'm totally prepared for growing feet- my mom's feet didn't go back to her old size until I was around 18. She only went from a 6.5 to a 7, so I'm hoping that's good news for me.