July 2012 Moms
Options

Push Presents?

Re: Push Presents?

• Options
    (Totally just starting crap, if that wasn't clear Stick out tongue)
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    my stance is on th ebaby shower board.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm getting one! :)
    Soon to be mama to a lil boy!
  • Options
    I can guarantee that it would never even occur to my husband to think of getting me a present for having a baby.  And I won't mention it to him because it seems kind of silly to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageOUKatie:

I'm unsure as to what the issue is with these.  I'm not even really sure what the term means I guess.  I mean...my DH got me a little ruby ring (which is LO's and my birth stone) because I was so excited that our birthdays are less than a week apart.  It could have been called a birthday present I guess but he only got me that particular gift because I had a baby...

I guess I just don't get the strong feelings about this issue... 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekatybug499:

imageOUKatie:

I'm unsure as to what the issue is with these.  I'm not even really sure what the term means I guess.  I mean...my DH got me a little ruby ring (which is LO's and my birth stone) because I was so excited that our birthdays are less than a week apart.  It could have been called a birthday present I guess but he only got me that particular gift because I had a baby...

I guess I just don't get the strong feelings about this issue... 

I don't really either (my DH isn't the type that would think to do this and I'm not the type to demand one) but it's a guaranteed pot stirrer. I figured we're all bored and could use some excitement :)

• Options

DH and my mom went out to CVS to pick up my prescription and some other baby things the day we came home from the hospital. DH came back with a package of Dove chocolates for me. Does that count? 

Really, screw the push present as long as he continues to fetch things for me all over the house while I'm BFing and help me out during the night even when he works the next day.

• Options
    imageMelRC117:

I've been trying to think of something for DH to commerate the occasion because I love sentimental crap like that, but then I realized I'll have the opportunity to do something for Father's Day instead and what more of a reminder can you have than a baby?

How about a keychain with your DC's name and birthdate stamped on it? Simple, manly enough, low-key but something used on a regular basis. Also, rather inexpensive if you check Etsy.

• Options
    I had never heard of them prior to being on the bump. My birthday's next week though and lo will be arriving (induction) on Sat. and DH got a package in from think geek (we're both really nerdy) yesterday and I asked if it was for my birthday and he said no it was for me for the hospital/early birthday which kind of surprised me. So I guess I'll be getting a geeky gift, but totally didn't expect/ask for it.
  • Options
    oncoRNoncoRN member
    imageRTaylor12:

DH and my mom went out to CVS to pick up my prescription and some other baby things the day we came home from the hospital. DH came back with a package of Dove chocolates for me. Does that count? 

Really, screw the push present as long as he continues to fetch things for me all over the house while I'm BFing and help me out during the night even when he works the next day.

I'll take chocolate any day...I think that's sweet that he thought to pick them up :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah not expecting anything big, but I don't care if someone does get one.  It doesn't make me mad.  Knowing my husband he will give me a little something like a pandora charm, or a necklace, flowers chocolate.  More like a little something, not a 10,000 dollar ring or bag or anything. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am being induced so that day earlier in the day my DH is treating me to a mani pedi, I think that counts? I didn't want him to go spend a ton of money on something I probably didn't need. So it seemed like a good choice.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageOUKatie:

BUT, BUT you DESERVE a diamond tennis bracelet and all your husband deserves in return is a coffee mug!!!! (at least according to the baby shower board ;))  But anyways, yeah, my husband wouldn't think to get anything and I really wouldn't want him too- maybe if we had some serious dollas in the bank, but for now our money is better spent on cool things like wipes. 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not usually a fan of gimmicks, but I'm in a fuckload of pain and I'm super irritable today. My doctor wore me like a puppet at my exam this afternoon, so yes, I'd like an effing present for this shizz.

I can't even tell if I'm joking anymore. 

• Options

I've heard of people getting them, but not under that name...more like the husband wants to do something special for the wife after she's just given birth, because most of the time the couple has focused entirely on the baby, and the birth is a rough experience to come through. I think it's a sweet gesture, but like all sweet gestures, can be corrupted beyond recognition into gift-grabbing and competition. 

I mostly want a cute balloon or some flowers. I'm guessing that is more of an errand you run at the store than the kind of present they're talking about.

• Options

I haven't received it yet, as I haven't had LO yet, but my husband is getting me a third band to wear with my wedding ring (it matches and he's always said that he'd like for me to have the extra band when we have children).  I know this ahead of time, because he wanted to make sure it was something I truly wanted.  He wanted to get it for me when I had DD#1, but the money wasn't there at that time.  We have agreed to just call it a special present, as neither one of us really likes the concept of a "push present."  I'm giving him a special "Daddy" package...a frame for his desk, a plastic picture holder for his wallet, a little brag book, and the "New Dad" willow tree figure (we have collected them together since we got married).  The gift is almost the same as the gift I gave him when DD#1 was born, but I know it's stuff he will like/use to show off our new LO.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A GIANT SUB SANDWICH!

Or whatever food I'm in the mood for, once I can eat solids. 

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

• Options
    My birthday is 3 days after our scheduled induction.  I am not getting a push present, however, the birthday present I am getting is slightly more expensive than normal.  It's a new camera, and DH was on board because it's more a "family gift" (I will not be the only one using it) and it takes HD video. Since he is out of town 5-10 days a month, he wants to make sure I can take videos of LO doing anything cute/interesting, like crawling for the first time, first steps, etc that he may miss while out of town.
    Shawnie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker img_0006
  • Options
    I'd love a push present, yep, a huge bottle of wine and 2 glasses so DH and I can celebrate getting through 13 rough weeks of bed rest and making it full term. It can be $5 wine for all I care but I need a drink!!!
  • Options
    I showed my husband what I wanted, so now I'm just waiting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSweetLittleThing:
    imageuppereastgal:

I'm not usually a fan of gimmicks, but I'm in a fuckload of pain and I'm super irritable today. My doctor wore me like a puppet at my exam this afternoon, so yes, I'd like an effing present for this shizz.

We would be such good friends IRL.  You make me laugh.   

You're in luck. I'm currently accepting applications for "mommy" friends. Live anywhere close to NYC? Lol. 

• Options
    My DH is going to get me an anniversary, push and birthday gift all into one since all of those occasions are all around the same time. I'm not expecting anything big but this is a big year for us. First anniversary,  first baby,  and my 25th bday.
  • Options
    My husband works in a jewelry store and every time I go in there his co-workers tell me to pick something out. I have, but I told him not to worry about it. We need to save the money and I have the rest of my life to get jewelry. It would be nice, but we could spend the money on something much more practical at this point.
  • Options

I've joked about it too. Honestly, if DH showed up at the hospital with some tiramisu, I would consider that more than enough! Oh I guess that, along with some sort of compliment about how I handled labor... (thinking positive here!)

I think that the fact that my husband works so I don't have to, has bent over backwards to take over some of the chores around the house and take care of me, and has been supportive of me during this whole pregnancy- what more of a gift could I ask for?

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageSweetLittleThing:
    imageuppereastgal:
    imageSweetLittleThing:
    imageuppereastgal:

We would be such good friends IRL.  You make me laugh.   

You're in luck. I'm currently accepting applications for "mommy" friends. Live anywhere close to NYC? Lol. 

Excellent!  Send an application!  I'm a few hours from the city, but half of NYC and all of CT come to my town on the weekends and all winter, so close enough Smile 

<stamps foot>

but nobody lives near me! JEALOUS

• Options
    My push present is a kid...it's the gift that keeps on giving ;)
  • Options
    imageuppereastgal:

Good lord, thanks for this! Laughing is more than welcome these days!

As for the gift, I don't really care for one. My husband being there for me and the baby is all I need (saw a friend yesterday who is also due in July. She was telling me how her husband says he won't change diapers "because they reek"... Seriously??! When I hear stuff like that I'm so glad I had the common sense to not marry an ass...)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"