August 2018 Moms

*READ FIRST* Board Organization Guidelines!

mrslittlemacmrslittlemac member
edited December 2017 in August 2018 Moms
Congratulations and welcome to the August 2018 BMB!  If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. [Note: I've borrowed this from July 2018 but most BMBs are organized similarly ]

Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Add yourself to the spreadsheet
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by mid morning, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

MONDAY
  • Weekly Appointments 
  • Weekly Randoms 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest 
  • Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)
TUESDAY
  • TMI Tuesday 
  • First Time Mom Check-In 
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In
WEDNESDAY
  • WTF Wednesday
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In 
  • Plus-size Mom Check-In
THURSDAY
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
  • Pregnant after IF
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
  • Why My SO is a ... 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
  • Fit Mom Friday 
  • Canadian check-in
  • GIF Party!!!
SATURDAY
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Weekend Randoms 
  • Small Business Saturday
  • DD Check In - First Week: August 1-7
  • DD Check In - Second Week: August 8-14
  • DD Check In - Third Week: August 15-21
  • DD Check In - Fourth+ Week: August 22-31
SUNDAY
  • Healthy Habits Check-In 
  • Weekly Questions 
  • AMA Check in
  • HG Check in
  • Symptoms Thread

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs!

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

Let's have an amazing BMB!

Re: *READ FIRST* Board Organization Guidelines!

• I'll start PGAL when it comes up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting this!

• @BumpAdmin @bumptara @BumpCaitlin  could you pin this for them? 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @bumptara @BumpAdmin@BumpCaitlin Can we get this Pinned?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Did anyone volunteer to do the ticker changes yet?  If not, I'm happy to do Wednesdays!
  • Here is a link to the spreadsheet.  I will try and get things typed in from the intro thread today and tomorrow.

• *has no ideas what TOU means*
    *checks list of a billion abbreviations*
    *TOU not listed*
  • @mepps it means Terms Of Use
  • So excited to see other OCD people that like organization!  Thank you for setting this up!

• I like that idea @offtoneverland

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• @offtoneverland we did chat about it in 2(?) weeks ago STM+ check-in. Not sure anything was actually decided.

• mrslittlemacmrslittlemac member
    edited December 2017
    I remember some folks saying they picked LBs out of the ticker threads so having it span multiple weeks was nice. I think I'm partial to the weekly (first week, second week, etc) threads myself, but I also wasn't super active in the ticker threads anyway. I can update this if we do decide to change it up, as long as we decide by the 31st :)
  • I am starting to get ragey. Why can I not get a siggy ticker to work? What am I doing wrong? HELP!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ok sorry. I don't want to DD but I figured it out.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited December 2017
    @mrslittlemac it looks like the weekly due date check ins won in the poll. Do you want to update the organization guidelines above?
    ETA: what day of the week should we do it on? Saturday or Sunday?
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Hmmm. I vote Saturday, there aren't as many threads posted that day (at least not yet!)
  • @mrslittlemac I think that sounds good!
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Thank you!  :)
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Sure! Should I add a generic Gif Party thread on Friday? Could serve as the celebration thread, but maybe opened up to all sorts of celebrating? 
  • @mrslittlemac I for one love gif parties so that sounds great to me! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland so done! Maybe that will help contain some of the gif love to help the non-gif people get through most other threads without having to scroll so much  :D
  • I’m having an issue with the app keeping me logged in and adding my name to the spreadsheet. 
  • We can’t really help with the app. It’s a major PITA for most everyone who uses it. As for the spreadsheet, I go and add everyone/double check it every Friday afternoon.

• We should add something about respecting the privacy of others on this board. Recently had a gross breach of my privacy. A participant of this board, who is active in an industry where my husband is famous, recognized me for what little information I had on here. Instead of sending me a message to introduce themselves, they shared the news of my pregnancy with others in that industry, and even showed them the posts I had put up. We hadn't told anyone or made any public announcements yet. I'm super disappointed, and now feel that I cannot enjoy the use of this board.
  • jee216 said:
    We should add something about respecting the privacy of others on this board. Recently had a gross breach of my privacy. A participant of this board, who is active in an industry where my husband is famous, recognized me for what little information I had on here. Instead of sending me a message to introduce themselves, they shared the news of my pregnancy with others in that industry, and even showed them the posts I had put up. We hadn't told anyone or made any public announcements yet. I'm super disappointed, and now feel that I cannot enjoy the use of this board.

Yikes! Sorry to hear this, I think TB has a basic human decency clause which covers this in the TOU. If you know who it is you can report them, but I'm not sure what actual recourse is possible. Unfortunate side effect of using a public forum is that people don't even have to be logged in to see what's posted here. 
  • mrslittlemac said: 
    jee216 said:
    We should add something about respecting the privacy of others on this board. Recently had a gross breach of my privacy. A participant of this board, who is active in an industry where my husband is famous, recognized me for what little information I had on here. Instead of sending me a message to introduce themselves, they shared the news of my pregnancy with others in that industry, and even showed them the posts I had put up. We hadn't told anyone or made any public announcements yet. I'm super disappointed, and now feel that I cannot enjoy the use of this board.

Yikes! Sorry to hear this, I think TB has a basic human decency clause which covers this in the TOU. If you know who it is you can report them, but I'm not sure what actual recourse is possible. Unfortunate side effect of using a public forum is that people don't even have to be logged in to see what's posted here. 

I thought I took a reasonable amount of care. I guess if someone has the time and desire to dig hard enough on you they will find something. Really unfortunate.

• @anon3 I'm really sorry this happened to you.

Everyone, please use take this as a reminder that ANYONE who has access to the internet can see anything you post here. You may think that no one is going to dig in to a pregnancy forum to look for personal info, but they do. This happened on my last BMB, along with a number of catfish situations. Anyone who has posted ultrasound pics, please take the time to make sure your personal info is cropped out. Also, when it comes time for HDBD photos, please keep in mind that pregnancy fetishes are real, and once you post that pic, it lives on the internet forever. If you have any personal info posted, it can be all too easy for a creep to find you if they really want to.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • @anon3 I'm really sorry this happened to you.

Everyone, please use take this as a reminder that ANYONE who has access to the internet can see anything you post here. You may think that no one is going to dig in to a pregnancy forum to look for personal info, but they do. This happened on my last BMB, along with a number of catfish situations. Anyone who has posted ultrasound pics, please take the time to make sure your personal info is cropped out. Also, when it comes time for HDBD photos, please keep in mind that pregnancy fetishes are real, and once you post that pic, it lives on the internet forever. If you have any personal info posted, it can be all too easy for a creep to find you if they really want to.
    Thank you. The most personally identifiable information I had on here was my name and the state I live in. It doesn't take much. Some people are just not good human beings.
  • anon3 said:
    That sucks, but unfortunately I don’t think putting something is the rules is going to stop and asshole from being an asshole. How did they know with absolute certainty it was you? Was your first and last name visible? Or did you just say a few details too specific?

I’m always afraid I will say too many details specific too my life that someone will figure out who I am. Not that I care if anyone knows I’m pregnant, but I don’t want people know all the gorey details or catch me complaining about life stuff...
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @anon3 Wow, that's horrible.  I would totally support you publicly blasting the asshole that thought that was acceptable.  I'm sorry that happened to you. 
  • @lalala2004 On the desktop version you could see my first and last name in my profile. I have since deleted it but I'm afraid the damage is done. I didn't share very personal details, so I'm still not sure how this person knew for sure it was me, I have a pretty common name. @livinthesunnylife I don't know who it was. I was hoping someone would fess up and send me an apology message. 
  • anon3 said:
    @lalala2004 On the desktop version you could see my first and last name in my profile. I have since deleted it but I'm afraid the damage is done. I didn't share very personal details, so I'm still not sure how this person knew for sure it was me, I have a pretty common name. @livinthesunnylife I don't know who it was. I was hoping someone would fess up and send me an apology message. 
    If you know who it was in real like can you investigate to find out their screen name here? That shit is unacceptable. I'm so sorry! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk Thank you. I'm really grateful for the support I've received over this issue. Unfortunately, I don't know who it is in real life either. I only know that the source of the info was someone who also used this board. I'll let you all know if I ever receive a resolution. 
  • @anon3 you definitely prompted me to go into my profile and make some changes.  Sorry this happened to you.
  • @anon3 yikes! That’s terrible  :( on my last BMB I quit being as active after I found out another person was using my profile pic of my husband and me as her own. It creeped me out! People are so crazy.....I sent her a pm asking to please change it to her own and she never replied and then wasn’t active anymore. Creeper!! 
  • @anon3 you definitely prompted me to go into my profile and make some changes.  Sorry this happened to you.
    Ditto to what @juliebird6 said.  :/