If you're new, you may be asking yourself questions like...
- What is a GIF party?
- How do I get one of those gloriously funny moving pictures in my post?
- What the heck is a GIF?
Well, look no further...
A GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) image is a sized down clip of a video. In short, a GIF "is a graphic image on a Web page that moves - for example, a twirling icon or a banner with a hand that waves or letters that magically get larger." Click this link for the nerdy info
This is a GIF of a waving bear, a personal favorite of mine.
Here's how to join in the fun:
From your phone:
- Go to Google, search for what you want. For example "funny cat GIF."
- Click "view image"
- Copy the web address at the top (make sure it ends in ".gif")
- Paste it into this code: <img src="http://yourlink.gif"> (you do not need the quotations)
- You can also click and hold the image on some phones and choose "copy URL," which does the same thing as copy and pasting the link.
From a computer:
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Click the green icon in The Bump area where you type (looks like a photo of a tree)
- Paste your link
- Press submit - voila!
Remember...with GIF power comes great responsibility. Always GIF responsibly.
Whew! All that explaining has me thirsty!