Infertility
Options

December FET

Re: December FET

• Options
    I just had a very interesting discussion with my nurse. I called again since I was worried about spotting and she told me not to mind about it and do not be too hopeful either because HPT can be wrong. I told her I used two different brands (last one today digital ClearBlue) three consecutive days (from 9dp3dt to 11dp3dt) and all give the same result. But she said it means nothing because my LH surge was positive on 3rd of December (!) and HPT can detect that. I am so angry and devastated at the same time. It is the first time I hear this. Can this be true? Have you ever heard of sth like that?
    Me, 36 & DH, 47 
    TTC since October 2013,  male infertility - low morphology
    IVF #1: ICSI, November 2015, 21 egg, 8 fertilised, 3 matured (3 day embryos):
     fresh transfer : BFN
     FET #1 (May 2016), miscarriage (6 weeks) 
    IVF # 2 ICSI, November 2016, 21 egg, 11 fertilised,11 matured (3 day embryos):
     fresh cycle canceled due to OHSS
     FET #2 October 2017, BFN
     FET #3 December 2017
  • Options
    @saba23 you seriously need to switch clinics! Hpts can't detect LH, opks can detect hcg but not the other way around! I am so angry at your nurse right now! You have a bun in the oven! Stop worrying and try to stay positive. Your beta is going to be positive on Thursday! Are you still spotting?

Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DecemberDoll27 Thanks for the kind words. I still have spotting, nothing major, but still there. She made me so angry and upset at the same time that I couldn't stop crying for some times and I am not a crying type at all. She was so insensitive and she even didn't make sense. I am seriously considering switching the clinics if this didn't work. The problem is that the private clinics doing infertility treatments are not located in my city as they believe public sector is enough for this town, but I honestly cannot take it anymore. 
    Me, 36 & DH, 47 
    TTC since October 2013,  male infertility - low morphology
    IVF #1: ICSI, November 2015, 21 egg, 8 fertilised, 3 matured (3 day embryos):
     fresh transfer : BFN
     FET #1 (May 2016), miscarriage (6 weeks) 
    IVF # 2 ICSI, November 2016, 21 egg, 11 fertilised,11 matured (3 day embryos):
     fresh cycle canceled due to OHSS
     FET #2 October 2017, BFN
     FET #3 December 2017
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I am so sorry! I know how devastating a failed transfer is, and I imagine it’s even more so when everything seems perfect. Lots of hugs, my friend.  <3
  • Options
    *lurking* @saba23 *tw* I got an early positive hpt before my beta at the Ivf clinic so I just went into my regular doctors office to get a beta. Maybe see if you can do that? 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for all the support. I am rooting for all of you and we deserve some good news on this board, so I have a good feeling about the remaining transfers and betas!

@saba23- I agree with the others. I think you def have a positive on your hands! That nurse is just dumb. Congrats!!

@businesswife and @bethann1202- Transfer day is almost here!! You got this!! You have both been through alot and I think this is going to work. It would give all of us who have failed transfers hope that 2nd or 3rd or 4th transfers still give success!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I am so sorry :-( Just try to keep your head up, I know how discouraging this is. I see that you are unexplained as am I. Have they done any further testing besides the basic blood work, HSG, and ultrasound.

@suziev3 Thank you for the information about the ERA. I will bring it up to my RE. I did speak with my IVF nurse on Friday and told her I want more testing for implantation failure.

AFM, thank you all for your support. I spoke with my IVF RN on Friday and voiced all of my concerns. I did tell her that I am not happy with the Unexplained diagnosis that has been slapped across my forehead. Myself and Hubby are 27 years old, both in perfect health. I have regular cycles 28 days with ovulation on day 14 or 15, my hormone blood work and thyroid panels are normal. My HSG was normal, tubes wide open and my husband sperm count is off the charts amazing! My ultrasounds always look great, ovaries great, they respond well or shall I say too well I had 25 eggs harvested, my lining is always over 10 mm.....so what is the problem! I told my RN that in my heart I feel there is something completely being overlooked here. My problem is not fertilization, we had 10 frozen day 5/6 embryos and 9 left after this failed cycle. If I could put money on the problem it has to be implantation. I told her that I wanted to be blood work to be tested for autoimmune problems (I do have family history of autoimmune issues and I have Raynauds Syndrome), a sono-hysterogram to make sure there are no polyps and I am also willing to do an endometrial biopsy. 

I feel as though my clinic thought my husband and I would be great for there statistics. Young couple, healthy, normal....they said they were so shocked our FET did not work. I just feel as though sometimes they do not do all the necessary testing available. I felt that I needed to speak up an advocate for myself and the nurse agreed with me. Every Wednesday they all meet, the RE's and all the IVF nurses and go over failed cases. She said she will bring my case to the meeting to see where they went wrong and will also bring my concerns to the table. We shall see what happens, I am going to call them on Thursday. 
  • Options
    @jaimeh2000 So sorry.  I don't even know what to say. You have been doing everything you can and you deserve answers.  It's a been a long trying road but you will get there and I hope very soon. 

@msd1001 No problem.  If it's as simple as timing that it would be great to know, if it could save a lot of heartache. My clinic has so many patients I know I really have to ask lots of questions and advocate for myself. I am sure they find me annoying, but I don't care!

@saba23 Agreed.  Don't get discouraged!  It sounds very promising.  

I have news...

Beta test came back at 475! This is a first for me.  I test again tomorrow.  I am excited but I am still nervous.  

• Options
    @msd1001- I have had all the basic testing, and recently a polyp removed via hysterscopy, so I know my uterus is clean. I think the only options for further testing for me is ERA and maybe some immune stuff, but not sure if my REs office will do that really. I may try to get a steroid for next transfer, since I did have mild endo removed 1.5 years ago.  I don't understand how it can not be working for you either. I think a sonohysto is a good next move. I am glad she is bringing your case to the meeting. I hate when people tell me it could be bad luck, but I have seen lots of ladies, even with PGS, not have their first transfer work and then have success with the second (or later) transfer. its heart breaking and impossible to understand, but I feel very good about your odds to have success!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @susiev4. Wonderful!!!  Fx for more beautiful numbers to come!
  • Options
    @suziev3- I missed your update before!! Congrats!! It gives me hope on the results of the ERA test! FX for a great second beta!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 I'm so sorry about your negative beta.  I'm praying and rooting for you that 2018 is your year.  

@msd1001 I'm so proud of you for being so frank with your clinic.  I feel like my husband and I are in a similar boat, though we are much older than you and your DH.  We started seeing our RE three+ years ago, all of the preliminary tests came back with no issues, and our doctor said, "We'll have you pregnant by the end of the year."  Whelp - that was August of 2014.  And here we are.  We've done every other additional, experimental test you can think of with no abnormal results.  Sometimes I believe they truly are in it for the statistics.  Sometimes the radiologists will be like, "You again?" because we are basically regulars at this point.  My husband really wants to go get a second opinion somewhere, but the thought of "starting over" at a new clinic stresses me out.  And we aren't getting any younger (DH turns 40 in February, and me in July).  

@suziev3 Congratulations!  Fingers crossed for a good second beta!  

Our beta is Thursday.  I'm trying not to get too down about it, but I'm also trying to prepare myself for bad news.  We have no embryos left, so I know if it's negative, it will feel like starting over.  Anyway, one day at a time, right?

TTC since November 2013
    5 failed IUIs
    February 2015 - BFP naturally (ended at 5 weeks in chemical pregnancy)
    August 2015 - first IVF cycle (14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 10 fertilized, 2 blasts)
    September 2015 - BFP (ended at 6.5 weeks in chemical pregnancy)
    February 2016 - FET (BFN)
    September 2016 - second IVF cycle (19 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 12 fertilized, 1 blast)
    Diagnosis: unexplained infertility 

• Options
    Good luck today @bethann1022 !!!!  Hope your lil frostie burrows in there nice and cozy for the winter. ❤❤❤❤
  • Options
    @kjones202- good luck with your beta tomorrow! Lots of prayers for good news! Will you be testing in advance?

@bethann1202- happy transfer day!!! I hope it all goes smoothly and this is the start of the best 9 months of your life :)

@alohakumu- Hang in there, the tww is just brutual. I hope you get the best news ever for Christmas!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    Good luck, @bethann1022! I hope all goes well today!

@BusinessWife Just two more days for you!!! I am praying for you with everything I’ve got. No luck with the POAS yet, but I woke up in the middle of the night, so I know I messed up how concentrated it was this morning. 
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

@AlohaKumu it is still early at 5dp5dt, I hope you will see your BFP soon, beta is Christmas Eve?  Good luck!

AFM, I am officially PUPO and hoping with everything I've got PASP.  Transfer went smoothly, of course I always have a difficult time finding the perfect balance for the full bladder, twice it was so full I had to partially empty so the last two times I have started drinking closer to actual transfer, and have had to wait an extra 15 minutes to let it fill more.  Transfer was at 9:45am, but for my ER we had to wait 2 hours in the waiting room and I had heard from others that it would be at least an hour late for the transfer.   I did as they were told, drank more than 16oz starting at 8:45, but of course my doctor is always early so they called me back at 9:25, he came in to just do my transfer today, supposedly he has the day off.  And he was so calm, but hopeful for us, it definitely was comforting.  We transferred a "perfect 5AA blast" which I've never had before so just hoping this is it.  

My beta is scheduled for the 30th, but Im not planning to POAS before then as I have family visiting all week, and only my parents will be left on the 30th so it's a pretty good day as they know we are going through IVF.  Hopefully I can stay nice and busy over the next 10 days with the holidays, as I really need to avoid symptom spotting as these medications cause me all kinds of side effects that make it difficult to differentiate.  

@businesswife can't believe your transfer is also in 2 days, I feel like this month is really flying by, but then again most Decembers do.  How are you feeling, nervous? excited?  Getting close!
  • Options
    @bethann1022 Congratulations on being PUPO/PASP! I had issues with my full bladder during mock transfer and a bit before the FET, too. (My doctor was over an hour late the first time and about 30 minutes late before the FET. Our poor bladders!) Yes, our beta is Christmas Eve, so I'm hoping for good news. Hopefully you'll get good news right before the new year!
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    @bethann1202- Congrats on being PUPO and I am crossing everything for PASP!! That is so awesome of your RE to come in for the transfer. I think this is going to be the one for you. FX that the next 10 days goes quickly and ends 2017 with the best news ever.

@kjones202- Good luck tomorrow!! I like what your therapist said. It is hard not to blame yourself for sure. Somedays however, I get really frustrated when I realize that is all out of our control and there is nothing we can do to ensure success. I will be thinking of you and sending prayers for great news for you!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @bethann1022 Congrats on being PASP!!! I'll be praying for you and hope that you'll receive that wonderful news on your beta day. It's so nice that your folks would be with you during the holidays, have a fun time with your family!
  • Options
    @bethann1022 Congrats on being PUPO!!  Wishing you a swift, painless and fruitful 2 WW wait.  
    @kjones202 Good luck on your beta tomorrow! I love what your therapist told you.  I can't help but blame myself when things don't go my way even though I rationally know this.  Hoping for a great result for you tomorrow. 
    @AlohaKumu 12/24 is the perfect day for a beta.  Hoping you get an Xmas surprise.  

I've been off the grid for the last couple of days handling my BFN.  Feeling better now and ready to plug back in and keep at this.  I refuse to quit until I get a take home peanut. 
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    suziev3suziev3 member
    edited December 2017
    @BusinessWife Good luck tomorrow and thanks for the congrats.  I hope to be saying the same to you soon.

@kjones202 Thank you and good luck today! Lots of positive vibes heading your way. 

@Bethanne1202 Congrats on being PUPO. FX. 

@alohakumu Thanks for the congrats.  I got discouraged early on with HPT and didn't see anything until 8dp5dt.  Try not to stress over it if you can. It's so hard to be patient in the TWW. 

@JamieH2000 Thank you! I know there are varying opinions on the usefulness of the ERA but I really think it could have helped me because we knew we had the right window.  If nothing else you could rule out receptivity as a possible issue. 

More news...
    2nd Beta came back at 870! So that is a big relief. I know I wont be able to relax or believe it is really real until the ultrasound next week.   I will definitely still be checking these boards and cheering for the rest of you.  

• Options
    We got a BFN today.  We are heartbroken.  It will take us some time to figure out next steps, which will likely involve use of a sperm donor.  I will check back here regularly and hope for good things for all of you.  Happy holidays.
    TTC since November 2013
    5 failed IUIs
    February 2015 - BFP naturally (ended at 5 weeks in chemical pregnancy)
    August 2015 - first IVF cycle (14 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 10 fertilized, 2 blasts)
    September 2015 - BFP (ended at 6.5 weeks in chemical pregnancy)
    February 2016 - FET (BFN)
    September 2016 - second IVF cycle (19 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 12 fertilized, 1 blast)
    Diagnosis: unexplained infertility 

• Options
    I'm so sorry, @kjones202. Definitely take the time you need to mourn and process this grief. If you have any questions about using a sperm donor, please don't hesitate to contact me. (We used a known donor, but many of the steps are similar for anonymous donors, too.)
    TTC since June 2016

Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
  • Options
    @kjones202- Devastated reading your update. I know your pain and there are no words to help. Just know you aren't alone. While we did DE and not DS, I know its a hard decision and a loss with either. Thinking of you and hoping you can talk with your RE soon about next steps- whenever you are ready. Big internet hugs!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @kjones202 So sorry to hear it. Failed FETs are so brutal. Take care of yourself.

• Options
    @AlohaKumu I had the same type of inconsistent results.  I think it's quite normal but it really plays with your emotions. 

@kjones202 I'm sorry.  This is process can be so painful.  Take care of yourself and take time you need to figure out the next steps.  I really hope 2018 will be your year.  
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Good luck tomorrow on your transfer.  Fingers crossed for you.
    @suziev3 Congrats on your second beta!!  
    @AlohaKumu From one POAS addict to another, keep testing girl and good luck!!  
    @kjones202 I'm so so sorry.  There are no words and I won't pretend that anything I say will help.  Take care of yourself.
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @kjones202. I am so sorry.  And sorry you are reaching this juncture in your treatment plan. (((Hugs)))  Nothing about this is easy, but you are not alone. ❤
  • Options
    @alohakumu Fingers crossed! Only two days 'til Sunday!

• Options
    Yay!  @AlohaKumu. Keeping everything crossed!!!
  • Options
    Good luck today @BusinessWife! Let's hope this one will be your take home baby! 
    @AlohaKumu yey for the bfp! I am so excited for you!

Afm, got bw done for the baseline and waiting for the endometrial scratch... I am chickening out! It is not going to be super painful, is it?  Also I am turning 30 tomorrow and I am having mixed feelings about that. I want to be 29 again! 
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Options
    Good luck with the scratch, @DecemberDoll27 hope it's not too bad, and happy birthday!!!  I'm staring down 35, so I feel your pain lol