Infertility

December FET

Re: December FET

• @BusinessWife hope the transfer goes smoothly. I am surprised they let you be on your own. My clinic makes me take Valium before transfer so there is no way I can manage on my own after that. The scratch went ok, it was not as bad as I thought)) I am happy I got it done! Quoting my RE " We are not sure it helps, but it certainly does not hurt anything, so let's do it!" I think I am finally getting excited about holidays! It took an endometrial scratch to get me excited apparently, go figure! Hope you can have a short and painless TWW with family in town!
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • suziev3suziev3 member
    edited December 2017
    @AlohaKumu Yes!  And I can 100% relate, but you are almost there.  

@DecemberDoll27 Happy Birthday! I love being in my 30's, BTW. Don't sweat it.  I hope you do something more fun than a scratch for your birthday :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @businesswife- congrats on being PUPO and PASP!

@alohakumu- yayyy!! I think you are gonna get the best present on Christmas Eve!

@decemberdoll27- I just turned 30 a few months ago too, so I hear you. But I have to believe that 30 will bring the next adventure that we all want so badly!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @BusinessWife Congrats on your transfer today and being PUPO!  How did it go?  I went to my first FET by myself as my clinic doesn't give valium either.  However, my second one fell on a Sunday so my DH went with me and he swore that he'd never miss another one.  Well after sitting through four of them, especially the last two where he's had to wait in a really hot room with me for about a half hour while my bladder fills I wonder if he is changing his mind.  It is always nice when they are there, but not necessary, and I hope it went smoothly and this is the one for you!  Does your mom know about your FET?  (I forget if you mentioned it before).  Hope you can at least get some rest today, as it's difficult this time of year

@alohakumu Congrats on the second line on the FRER, so excited for you! After all the HPTs I have done, especially sensitive FRERs over the last 4 cycles, I can honestly say they scare me to death and I am thrilled you got to see the positive outcome of one.  

@suziev3 congrats on the positive betas!

@kjones202 Sorry to hear about your beta, hoping you are still able to find some joy in this holiday season.  Take all the time you need and feel anything and everything you need to feel and we will be here to support you in the future.  

Also, thanks everyone for continuing to post and remain so supportive of those few of us finishing off this month. It's definitely been a difficult month for this group, but hopefully the start of 2018 will bring more hope and light for everyone!

AFM, 2dp5dt and just chugging along.  Yesterday I was busy with work for most of the day and then my new acupuncturist (which I am trying for the first time this cycle), cancelled on me an hour before my session so I initially was just not going to do it, but then called someone she referred me to and they were able to squeeze me in as their last evening appointment.  it was so very different than my Tuesday session, this one much more focused just the acupuncture itself, but also did quite a bit of work on my back which was so nice and relaxing.  She also told me to limit my sugar as much as possible.  She does a ton of fertility acupuncture, many patients who go into Boston, and she said several have had multiple failures and when they made diet changes (gluten/dairy free or at least low sugar) they saw positive outcomes.  With my PCOS, I try hard to follow a lower sugar/carb diet, but it is so hard over the holidays.  
    Oh well, my RE clinic gave me a TWW suggestion/guideline strategy sheet and a few of them focused around doing what we enjoy and not worrying about diet or any other activity as it is completely up the embryo and we need to take care of ourselves during this long waiting period.  I loved reading that, because we all stress about supporting and caring for the little embaby(ies) inside of us that we forget to continue living.  My RE actually told me that they see better outcomes, based on a large survey study they completed, when women continue with healthy activities that they actually enjoy.  He gave some examples:  If you like acupuncture do it, if not don't, same with yoga and exercise, only avoid crossfit, hot yoga strenuous exercise.  It also suggests to spend time with friends and family you are comfortable with and avoid those who may stress you out, he also said we all have an excuse, "doctor's orders" not to attend any baby showers, especially during this waiting period, but even during our IF journey altogether.  I'm trying to think of others...they stress the embryo "will not fall out" no matter what we do."  They also share that negative thoughts or worries will not change the outcome so no need to stress that we must stay positive at all times.  

Anyway, just wanted to share a few of these with all of you, hopefully they are helpful, either now or in the future.  I have researched "strategies to survive the 2 week wait for IVF/FET" in the past and while the research and articles have been good, I was honestly surprised, even laughed and smiled while reading through the 2 page one provided by my clinic.  Feel free to PM me if you want me to send you more of their survival instructions.  

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend with your family and friends, I am very grateful to have found this community in 2017 as I don't know what I would have done without all the support and care!
  • @bethann1022 I love that list! I would love to get a PM with the full list. 

You know, it's funny, at first I used to go to baby showers because I felt guilty, but when I started giving myself permission to say no, my life really did get better. There was recently a baby shower for someone in my department who I don't work with and don't know well (I didn't even know his wife was pregnant). A year ago I would have made myself go to it and I would have been so self-pitying, but instead I just skipped it and it felt freeing and wonderful. 

Also I have definitely worried about the embryo falling out before, so I appreciate that one especially, @bethann1022! Hugs!

• @bethann1022 I hope to see the full list as well. Thank you for sharing that post here, it's very helpful.

@AlohaKumu congrats on that second line. :smiley:

@BusinessWife Congrats on being PUPO!!! I have a really good feeling about this. I'm getting so excited for you.

• Thanks, everybody! ❤❤❤

So I'm one dp5dt today, and so far all I'm feeling is a sore throat and a headache. I really hope I'm not getting sick, because DH was terribly sick last weekend, and it would be kind of crazy if I made it through the whole week of fet prep without getting sick, only to get sick right after transfer. But I accidentally took an Airborne last night without thinking, and then it says not to take it if you're pregnant or breastfeeding before calling your doctor.  :# so I'm trying to tell myself it's too early for something like that to matter. But it's hard not to stress.  Taking zinc lozenges instrad, and I go in for labs tomorrow.... so I can ask any questions there.
  • Thanks @Decemberdoll27. I appreciate the reassurance. ❤  Someone mentioned that it might the be the high dose of vitamin c, apparently can enduce labor in 3rd tri?  So not a cause for concern early on... Phew!  So much don't know about actually being pregnant tho:/
  • @BusinessWife congrats on your transfer and the sticky embryo :) I was so sick for my transfer and the week after. I’m sure I took stuff I wasn’t supposed to. Colds are miserable! So excited for you!!
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Update in spoiler
    It looks like this is a CP :'( The beta was at 15 for us at 9dp6dt. The doctor said it's not impossible for the levels to rise, but he said it's really unlikely. I want to hope for a Christmas miracle, but I'm feeling pretty crushed.

Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @AlohaKumu I am so sorry for the low number! Maybe the embie is just a slow starter. There is still hope! Hang in there!
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @alohakumu- so sorry to see this update. All my prayers going to you for a Christmas miracle. Thinking of you!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @AlohaKumu. So sorry to hear this update.  I know how hard it is... ❤❤❤
  • @AlohaKumu I'm so sorry that the beta was low.  Crossing my fingers that it goes up but I understand having to mentally prepare for the worst.  It just sucks. 
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • @AlohaKumu Sorry about your beta number.  I hope it turns around, but I understand if you don't want to get your hopes up too high.  All the waiting and not knowing is really difficult. 
  • @AlohaKumu. My love tit is a hug, and a hopeful wish that you may be right about 2018...  ((((Hugs)))) ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
  • *lurking* @AlohaKumu I am so sorry.  :'( Sending you a big hug. 
  • *lurking again* @JamieH2000 I am so sorry. This is profoundly unfair. Makes no sense. Ugh.
  • @AlohaKumu I am so sorry for your loss, let's hope 2018 is going to be our year! I propose no CP's in the new year! And no BFN's either! Only BFP's in 2018!
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • Hear hear @decemberdoll27 !

So many hugs to all you ladies <3

• @AlohaKumu So sorry to hear about your CP, after all the negative outcomes this month, I was really hoping for a few positives to end the month.  Hope 2018 brings brighter days and a positive start!

@Businesswife how are you doing?  I sent you a PM last night

AFM, trying to be patient and take it day by day, I did pretty well through Christmas.  But I also started to get very anxious because each day I was feeling more and more hopeful and I allowed myself to feel that way last cycle and was devastated on 9dp when I did a HPT expecting to see a BFP and it was again negative. I almost tested Christmas morning because I had the crazy idea that if it was positive it would be the best Christmas gift for both my DH and I ever, but then the logical side of me acknowledged it was only 5dp5dt so chances are it would be negative still and very disappointing.  However, I have also been with my family a lot the last few days and my parents know about this cycle, so I found myself really discussing openly how excited I was to feel that this was finally our cycle.  My new RE gave me so much hope stating he felt like we "found the magic potion."  And it made me feel like the stars were finally aligning for us. 

I realized quickly Tuesday morning when I woke up that if I did not test before Saturday and my beta was negative it would be the completely devastating and depressing without any warning.  Especially if I allowed myself to get more hopeful with each passing day.  So I did a HPT, also rationalized that since it was only 6dp5dt that if it was negative it very well could still be early.  I did the test, and it of course was negative.  Another negative to add to my history of about 30 BFN HPTs without one BFP.  But it did help bring me back to reality, which was part of the purpose.  I figured if it was positive, I could allow myself to continue to get hopeful and even if disappointed, at least I would know in the end that the embryo tried to implant and my body most likely can get pregnant, it was just a bad embryo.  And if negative, which it was, I can still try and remain hopeful because it's early, but also am now realistic that there is a good chance that this chance won't end the way I have been optimistically anticipating.  Therefore I can start mentally preparing myself for next cycle, while still holding onto that grain of hope that this little embaby is fighting inside of me.  This is a coping mechanism for myself, with 4 previous failed transfers, I have definitely learned that planning ahead is the most helpful strategy for me is to continue moving forward and persevering.  I told my DH last night, that one of the most difficult aspects is having to tell him each cycle has failed.  I am willing to fight as hard as needed for this, as I am optimistic that eventually we will all come out on the other side.  I just hope that this is sooner rather than later as we deserve to be mothers, and I truly hope as @decemberdoll27 said that 2018 is the year of no CPs or negatives us all!

• @bethann1022 Hang in there. 6dp5dt is pretty early.  I didn't see anything until 8dp5dt. I felt the same way about doing the HPT.  I wanted advance warning even though the doctors, my husband and my best friend warned me not too.  You know best what works for your emotional well-being.  
  • @bethann1022 I agree it is still very early!  Especially depending on what kind of test you are using... what was it?  I definitely get wanting to be let down gently ahead of time, or have that reassurance that it's going to be good, either way. (((Hugs)))
  • @BusinessWife Oh!  So exciting!!!  Best of luck!  
  • @BusinessWife so excited to hear that, hope this is your take home baby! When is your beta? Sunday?

@adirat how did your transfer go?

I am doing alright, beta tomorrow morning but won't be listening to results until I am home with DH. My family is in town including my sister from CO so I will be spending most of the day with them but them DH and I will have a date night. I am really trying to hold out some hope as I have felt physically and emotionally different this cycle. Today made me nervous because I had typical PMS symptoms but also realized I never had this in past cycles before beta so who knows? I have been too scared to see another stark white test so haven't had any desire to POAS since 6dp5dt when I saw that BFN. We will see what the final outcome of this cycle will be tomorrow but either way, we will be fine, stay strong and persevere. 
  • @adirat Congratulations on a good transfer! 

@BusinessWife Your news is so wonderful! I'll be waiting for more of it.

@bethann1022 I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there.
  • Unfortunately another negative beta today. Progesterone and estrogen were perfect levels so hoping it was just a bad embryo. But this being my 5th failed transfer and second since ERA definitely makes it a little harder to stay optimistic that it's an embryo issue every time. 

I am actually feeling really positive going into 2018 though. Glad to get this out of the way and for 2017 to be over. I'm grateful that it's a fresh start. My RE appt is Thursday and I'll also be discussing some changes for next cycle, possibly adding a steroid and transferring 2 at a time. I'm really tired of failed single transfers. 

@businesswife can't wait for your beta!
  • @bethann1022. I'm so sorry for the negative beta.  Fx you and your care team comes up with a good plan for a new approach with your next cycle (((hugs)))