July 2018 Moms

Names?!?

Re: Names?!?

• I’ve had the name Lucy picked out for awhile. I’m a huge Lucille ball fan. And I love the idea of naming her after someone I admire I think we would use Ann as a middle name. It’s a family name. As for a boy I’ve never had one picked out but i really like Noah but my DH s not on board with it
  • lavillardlavillard member
    edited November 2017
    I love all of the creative name ideas on here!

I like Nova, too! I knew a girl named Novella. I thought that was pretty 

And as for Devin, I don't think it has any negative connotations. I've always liked Devin and it would be on my list too but unfortunately now it reminds me of someone I used to know (hate when that happens)

As for us, we've decided on Marla June (if she ends up being born in late June) or Marla Jane (if she's born in July). Hubby didn't like Marla July haha. Our second choice girl name is Fiona Rose.

For boys we have a very small list, but we both love Finley or Jack for a first name. Workshopping the middle name still.

We also love the old names like Emmet and Eleanor, and it seems like a lot of people on here do too! They must be coming back in popularity. 

I also really love the name November (I would call her Ember!) But husband says it sounds like a stripper name  :'(  :s

• Loading the player...
  • @lavillard My best friend named her daughter Nova Nichelle. They're super into space and science. We call her Super Nova and she is perfect. :) 
  • Mack2342 said:
    When we got pregnant with DS we were team green.  We like family names so if it were a girl it was going to be Lola Geraldine after our grandmothers.  So that is still our girl name.  If we have another boy it will be William Christopher after our grandfathers    My son is named after my dad and my DHs dad which also happens to be DHs middle name. 
    My oldest DS is named Christopher William after his grandfathers
  • With DS we were set on Rhett for a boy from the get go, it was so easy! So he is Rhett Layton and I couldn’t imagine him being named anything else. This time around there’s nothing that’s really jumping out at me so far. I love one syllable names, so my short list includes Tripp, Cass, and Mac for boys (no clue on middle names yet). I also really love Rowan for a boy or a girl. I LOVE the name Brynn for a girl, but DH has a negative connotation. We had Lennox picked out for a girl last time, which I Love, but it has really gained popularity in the last few years—so that makes me a little undecided. I had Jade on my short list but DH is adamant about not using ‘J’ names. Please tell me I’m not the only one with a husband so picky! 
  • Thanks for your thoughts on the names, everyone. So many creative ones here like Atom and Nova. Love hearing all the different traditions for naming, too!
  • I've really been thinking about names the past few days and DH is going to have a hard time convincing me not to use Nova if we have a girl. So far I am liking Nova Ann the best (Ann after my aunt and grandma). For boys I've been thinking or using Lee, Dean and Tyler in some sort of order (not all 3). Lee is my dad and brothers middle name, Dean is my FIL and grandpas middle name and Tyler is my husbands middle name. 

• My sons name is Sebastian so if it’s a girl I kind of want to stick with the S theme Every name that I shoot out he shoots down I love Shiloh and I love Saoirse Both know but I can’t possibly think of any other name that I like more
  • Nova is an interesting name.

My DD just said tonight that she loves the name Asher for a boy. I tried suggesting others but she was dead set on Asher haha. We'll see...

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • We havent started talking names. That will probably happen once we have our first ultrasound just to make sure everything is ok. That being said, I havr had my girl name picked out for years. DH knows he doesnt get a say lol. The name I have for a girl is Emmalyn Grace. Ive looked at boys names but havent found anything that has struck just yet. I think I am secretly hoping that I wont need to look for a boys name. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • @Katek819 I think the name Lucy is so cute!
  • After getting my ultrasound I feel like I can get excited now!

My husband was SO hard to pick names with for our first, but this time he’s totally easier. It’s so nice! For a boy we are loving Crosby, and for a girl, he is on board (so far) with Marigold. Goldie for short. No middle names yet! We named our one year old Bernadette (Birdie) Lemon, and it fits her to a T!

Anyone else feel like sometimes you have to meet the baby first before picking a name? 
  • So back to report the names I rambled off he hated ! He’s dead set on MEGAN which I hate so much (no offense to those with the name, nothing personal) it’s just something about the name that I LOATHE lol. I love the name Kenna. Just is very pretty to me . He despised it, so that’s it. I’m all out of ideas. Good thing we have a while to revisit the topic 
  • @rosettesandstripes my DH hates my favorite baby girl name too, Daphne. Broke my heart, but gotta move on! So far we both like Maia, Ella, Ophelia, Elara, Claire for a girl and Logan, Finn, Jack, Oliver and Connor for a boy. I don't hate Megan, but I also think there are much better names ;)
  • @kissableviv  I like several of your names, but especially like Jack and Oliver!  

Pondering baby names is my favorite part of early pregnancy.  It gives me something to occupy my mind during all of the uncertainty of this time. My husband doesn't want to indulge in it until things progress more, which is understandable ... but it just gives me more time to refine my suggestions. :)

• I don't know @carebear622. I'm a bit 80's nerd, so I love the rich-bitch nostalgia of the name. And personally, Buffy (as in the show) is a huge feminist and gay icon, so I love that and am all about it. I love naming my girls after strong female characters. If my experience on my last BMB is anything to go by, most names that are outside the norm get a lot of negativity, so if you love it, I'd just own it and do you. I mean, don't name your kid Ahmiracle or something, but Buffy I can dig.
    Ahmiracle......

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @stlmegs oh my gosh lol. That’s the greatest! 
  • @rosettesandstripes, I feel the same way about Sophie. I hate it for no reason. I know plenty of lovely Sophie’s; it’s just one I would never entertain. 
  • So back to report the names I rambled off he hated ! He’s dead set on MEGAN which I hate so much (no offense to those with the name, nothing personal) it’s just something about the name that I LOATHE lol. I love the name Kenna. Just is very pretty to me . He despised it, so that’s it. I’m all out of ideas. Good thing we have a while to revisit the topic 
    What about McKenna? It's got the Kenna part and if you say it really slow it kinda sounds like Megan (a). :smiley:

• zg49 said:
    So back to report the names I rambled off he hated ! He’s dead set on MEGAN which I hate so much (no offense to those with the name, nothing personal) it’s just something about the name that I LOATHE lol. I love the name Kenna. Just is very pretty to me . He despised it, so that’s it. I’m all out of ideas. Good thing we have a while to revisit the topic 
    What about McKenna? It's got the Kenna part and if you say it really slow it kinda sounds like Megan (a). :smiley:
    No offense taken.  I second McKenna!  That's cute and know an adorable little girl named Mckenna so I just associate it with her.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @zg49 @stlmegs lol I like mckenna too! I’ll try and run that by him— then I can call her Kenna anyways lol
  • @blair_krank it’s so funny how there’s Names that just make you cringe lol
  • With #3 we were team green and we chose a name that worked for either. (Sutton) 

Team green again, but I am not sure how we will approach names this time.  Boy, girl, or unisex name.  

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• @blair_krank it’s so funny how there’s Names that just make you cringe lol
    This is Sean for me. I have so many terrible associations with Seans! And guess what my DH’s middle name and top pick for a boy name is?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no @julesf817. Lol good thing we still have a while to go lol
  • @julesf817 Sean is the worst for me too!  I actually like the name itself but I’ve met so many TERRIBLE Seans, Shawns, and Shauns, I too cringe when I hear that name from anyone’s mouth.
  • Ooo found a girl name my H likes too! 

Estelle and cal her Stella
  • So I was originally only having 2 kids.  Quincy an Kinley are my oldest.  Then my third surprised us and her name is Coralie.   So I kind of have to think of a fourth matchy name lol.  My husband likes Cassidy.  I like Cleo.  I think we may go with Cassidy Leona for a girl  and use Cleo as a nick name. 

100% lost on boy names. I like Cillian and Keaton but eh. 
  • @GoldAndCurls I LOVE Cleo for a name. Do
    it! 

I'm also hopelessly lost on boy names.
  • @kat029 I love Cleo! It was my great grandmother's name.  My husband associates it with Miss Cleo though lol.

I'm just going to cross my fingers for girl #3 because I'm lost on boy names! Lol.
  • Oh gosh! So I suggested last week Charlotte for a girl ... hubby said no now this week he says Charlotte now I’m not so sure o like it 
  • @rosettesandstripes Charolette was one of the only names I liked that my hubby didn't shoot down! 
  • I already have Ginevera (Ginny) Lynne, Miles Alton, and Mason Allen. 

So if this one is a girl her name will be Cassandra Marie. Nickname is Cassie. If it is a boy his name is Benjamin Anthony nickname Ben. 

The middle name are middle names from friends or family. 
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Love browsing this thread to see everyone's names! Here's what I'm thinking: 

Boys: Finnley, but not 100% set on this. Anyone have any boy "ley" names they can suggest? 

Girls: Torn between Hadley or Waverly

• River for a boy. Thinking River could also work for a girl, but I just can’t picture using it for that purpose. Have no idea for girl names. I like Amelie but my bf doesn’t like it, he said “I don’t want to name her after that goofy movie” lol. He likes Charlotte(His first name is Charles but he goes by his middle name), so I think that’s cool because they would have the same first and last initial. Idk. It’s so hard! I love seeing everyone’s names! 
  • hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited December 2017
    @GoldAndCurls I love the name Coralie! I have thought of using it, but not sure my BF would go for it. He tends to be much pickier with girl names! 
  • @hayhay93 River could definitely be a girl name! I went to elementary school with one and my coworker who had a little girl in June named her daughter River. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)