July 2018 Moms

Names?!?

Re: Names?!?

• MY Grandma recently passed away before we got pregnant (third for us!). Both of my sons are named after family members. I would love to incorporate my grandmas name (Barbara). Any creative ideas? Not a huge fan of the name itself...
  • dw1031 said:
    MY Grandma recently passed away before we got pregnant (third for us!). Both of my sons are named after family members. I would love to incorporate my grandmas name (Barbara). Any creative ideas? Not a huge fan of the name itself...
    What’s her middle name?

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsj1215 said:
    We both like Juliet or Charolette for a girl.. No boys names yet except for maybe Charlie.. He wants Carl III, but I'm not sure about that! Lol

Names that I like but he vetoed- girls.. Lyla, Claire, Mercy, Ella, Elodie& Kenzie. Boys.. Remington, Asher, Warren& Wilder
    Love your names!  I have a Julia and a Charlie already, so maybe I'm not totally impartial ;)
  • edited November 2017
    I like Finn, Jakob, and Christopher for a boy.  Ava, Quinn, and Isabelle/Isabella for a girl.  I love the name Grayson for a boy, but DH hates it.  He's Scandinavian, so we have to have names that can be pronounced in English, Danish, and French (because of where we live).  

I also love James and Lucas, but I've already used those for middle names :)
  • dw1031 said:
    MY Grandma recently passed away before we got pregnant (third for us!). Both of my sons are named after family members. I would love to incorporate my grandmas name (Barbara). Any creative ideas? Not a huge fan of the name itself...
    What’s her middle name?
    Anne
  • @dw1031 Depends on the types of names you like, but if I were to make my choices similar to a Barbara Anne, I would do Annette Barbel for a girl or Andrew Arbor for a boy.  
  • kmac103kmac103 member
    edited November 2017
    OMG so many cute names on here!!

I have to be honest, with our first born we fought over names like you wouldn’t believe. It was insane lol Once we learned we were having a boy, we had 50% less names to argue about so that was nice. Anyway, we finally settled on the first name I loved and my husband picked the middle name. Alas, we have a 23 month old Duncan Avery Eli. Oh, we added the "Eli" in because I didn't want his initials to be DAM  :D

So here I am, pregnant with number two and we haven't even brought up names except to laugh about how badly we fought over them last time. I have names picked out that I love but I already know he hates the boy name. The boy name I like is Thomas Anthony. The girl name I like is Jean-Marie. I haven't even told him the girl name because I know he won't like it at all. Ugh. Why does this have to be so difficult?!

I think I'll just be team green and worry about names once little one is here. That'll save me a bunch of headaches lol

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• Right now we have for a girl:
    Finley Rae or Aubree Willow

For a Boy:
    Ethan Cole or Sawyer Jackson

I think it’s a boy- SO thinks it’s a girl. 
  • mrsj1215 said:
    We both like Juliet or Charolette for a girl.. No boys names yet except for maybe Charlie.. He wants Carl III, but I'm not sure about that! Lol

Names that I like but he vetoed- girls.. Lyla, Claire, Mercy, Ella, Elodie& Kenzie. Boys.. Remington, Asher, Warren& Wilder
    Love your names!  I have a Julia and a Charlie already, so maybe I'm not totally impartial ;)
    :) so cute!! I definetly love your names! That's our top picks so far for sure! And we like the nickname Charlie for Charolette so we might end up with a Charlie either way!
  • @kmac103 my DH and I have been discussing names for like three years now. So I know how you feel about getting your favs shot down! I love your picks they are adorable! Team green sounds like it’s the right way to go for you!
  • mrsj1215 said:
    mrsj1215 said:

:) so cute!! I definetly love your names! That's our top picks so far for sure! And we like the nickname Charlie for Charolette so we might end up with a Charlie either way!
    I love the nn Charlie for a girl too :)  I also have a Kai and a Sam (boy).
  • dw1031 said:
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Both of my grandmothers were named Barbara Anne as well. Barbara wasn't for me but I am highly debating using Anne or Anna as a first or middle name to honor them.
  • We're thinking Vera Mae for a girl and possibly Oliver Shea for a boy. 
  • My husband is a Robert IV. He really wants to continue the tradition if baby #2 is a boy but I really don't. I'm not sure how to approach it with him . 

Charlotte, Caroline, Eleanor, Katherine and Anna are at the top of my girl name list. 
  • kmac103kmac103 member
    edited November 2017
    @catftm2018 Aubree Willow and Sawyer Jackson are ADORABLE!!! And yes, we are currently fighting over being team green or not lol He wanted to do it with our first and I said HECK NO. Now I want to do it with the second and he's saying HECK NO. When it comes to pregnancy/having babies we are clearly a hot mess lol 

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• dw1031 said:
    @dw1031 my girl name, Jean-Marie is my father's mother's name and my mother's grandmother's name. I am a HUGE fan of using family names! My first son is named after my father! I also LOVE the name Barbara! I really liked Barbara-Jean but I think Jean-Marie is less likely to get vetoed by my husband lol Maybe something like Barbara-Rae or Barbara-Louise? I tend to lean towards more classic names but for some reason Barbara-Rae is speaking to me!

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• izzyp25 said:
    My husband is a Robert IV. He really wants to continue the tradition if baby #2 is a boy but I really don't. I'm not sure how to approach it with him . 

Charlotte, Caroline, Eleanor, Katherine and Anna are at the top of my girl name list. 
    Can I ask why not? He’d be the 5th, that’s pretty cool to me. So many nicknames out there if you don’t like Robert or his middle name.

• @bdesterhouse Yeah, it just kind bums me out to think that I don't get a say in my child's names and I just don't like the name Robert that much. My husbands goes by Bobby. His middle name is Lynn so we can't really use that. He will likely win out if it's a boy though because I do understand how important it is to him. 
  • @izzyp25 While I hope you have a very different situation, I had a similar name-battle with my son's father. His name is Brian, and I was willing to settle for Ian, but I refused to have this wonderful baby boy forced to grow up exactly in his father's image. (Not always the case, but it was beyond pride with my ex-husband, he was talking about our baby joining the Navy when he was still inside me...)

Anyway, I stood my ground and now that we're happily seperated, I am SO happy I did.
  • Hello!  I was lurking till I got the result of my second beta on today, but like @peytonpedro I’m going there.  

@acunamatada We like the name Calliope so much that we named our fur child that!  DH’s family tradition is to name their dogs after characters in Greek mythology.  We thought we might shorten it to Calli(e) but never did.  She’s beautiful (yes we’re totally biased) and we are SO in love with this dog (a very sweet, leggy dobie/ridgeback mix - we rescued her 6 mos ago today). Although some nights we wonder if she’s so vocal (she’s really not unless another dog gets her going) because we named her Calliope.  I hope this isn’t offensive ‘cause I certainly don’t mean it to be - growing up I knew of a dog who had my nickname phonetically and didn’t think much of it.

It feels a little early for us to think about names - but we *TW* lost a girl with our last pregnancy, so I have a first name to which I’m partial in mind (I am a dork and like the Harry Potter-style alliteration) - we have a T last name and DH’s dad is Welsh.  This one is also a girl per PGS testing - but DH doesn’t want to know the gender till like 20 weeks (okay I just picked a number - but just...now now), so we won’t be having this discussion any time soon if he has his way.  All the kids in DH’s family also have four names - so I’ll probably campaign to make my family name the second middle name.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @artemis618 LOVE Calliope/Calli! It was on my short-list for my daughter and it’s back on the list this time. 
  • @artemis618 not offensive at all I love he name! DH not so much, but he might come around  ;). BUT my DS is also named Jaxon so we might have a Greys Anatomy theme going on in our house if we do go with that! 
  • Our daughter's name was Kali, how do you pronounce Calliope?? Cause what I am saying in my head does not sound correct at all. 

• @bdesterhouse "kuh-lie-oh-pee"  :D
    Yup I was saying it wrong.... lol

Were you saying it Cal-lee-ope cuz that how I was saying it and I was like hmm that’s fun..  :D but then I kind of realized it must be pee at the on and not just the “puh” sound lol. 
    Were you saying it Cal-lee-ope cuz that how I was saying it and I was like hmm that’s fun..  :D but then I kind of realized it must be pee at the on and not just the “puh” sound lol. 
    Yup! Exactly!

• LOL - Yup, I pretty much had to do the same phonetic that @acunamatada did for the dog trainer we hired to stay with her the first time we left her.  We’d only had her three weeks and i was so afraid he’d teach her her name wrong because he couldn’t pronounce her name when we met with him!

The end is sort of like Penelope (one of DH’s late family dog’s names).  Sometimes we call her Callio-puppy :p
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• I'm pretty sure it will be Blake for a boy.  DH and I have a hard time agreeing on names.  With my last pregnancy, we agreed on Lucas or Blake and went with Lucas so Blake is all we have left unless we come up with something else this time.  I have no idea what we will name a girl.  Girl names are so hard for us.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have pretty much decided on Benjamin Thomas for a boy, but DH and I have been arguing about girl names for a long time.  My Grannie's name is Evelyn and we are super close, so i really want Evelyn for a girl (but I might spell it Evelynne to eliminate the pronunciation debacle because it is like Eve-Lyn not Ev-e-lyn, and my mum's name is Lynne so it'd be cute to have both names in there). But DH wants Sophia (for no reason other than he likes it)... So... lol. I think I'll win in the end if it's a girl in there.

@Sarafuss I have the opposite problem - boy names are SO hard for me and there are hundreds of girl names I love.  I really love Ivy for a girl but DH hates (so if you want it, you are welcome to it lol). And for boys, I really want Angus or Declan or Brigham but DH is SO against these names...Literally every name I suggest, DH is like "no" - Benjamin was the only name we could agree on.  We had agreed on Hudson for a while but I've flip-flopped on that a million times.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canucklehead123 I love the name Hannah (DH won't agree due to a negative association he has) and other names like Hailey, Lucy, other names that end in -ie or -ey/y sound sing-songy with our last name that ends in -ey.  So I either have to get over the sing-songy issue or pick something that doesn't end like that.  Our daughter's name is Paige which fits all of the criteria.  I just haven't been able to find another that I love that checks all the boxes lol. 

I love the name Benjamin!   And I really love Declan.  I'm Irish so I love Gaelic names but most of them are not phonetic at all and people would never be able to pronounce them.
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ive had a list of names ive liked since I was like 12. Lol.  When I grew up, I wanted to be a mom, ok?! ;b. But my hubby has turned down EVERY LAST ONE!  I am so sad. Our DDs name came so easy to us week 4!  Had she been a boy, i think we'd still be arguing and shes 2.5yrs! Haha.  But seriously ::sigh::  this is gonna be rough
  • @Sarafuss Why not Blake for a girl?
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• @artemis618 we considered Blake when we were pregnant with Paige but ultimately decided we didn't want to do the whole boy name for a girl thing.  I like it but I didn't want her to hate me for being mistaken (on paper) for being a guy her whole life.    
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Savanna111911Savanna111911 member
    edited November 2017
    We  haven't really discussed names yet and didn't much with our daughter until we found out her sex but we do have the short list from last time. Our daughter is Scarlett Virginia. 

Girl -Adelia or Cora
    Boy - Atticus
  • @sarafuss Fair enough.  Incidentally, the only Blake I know in person is a woman (not Blake Lively :p).  I actually grew up with a woman named Michael.  Never really thought too much about it.
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• @carebear622 it's supposed to be a secret but I keep going back and forth between "this is the perfect name" and "my kid is going to hate me forever for choosing this" so I would actually love some feedback. We want to name her Buffy, as in Buffy the vampire slayer. 
  • SarafussSarafuss member
    edited November 2017
    @artemis618 I dated a guy named Blake in HS so for me it's a guys name.  I actually do like boy names for girls in theory.  But I'm one of those people that tend to care too much what other people think (even though I don't like that about myself).  
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker