July 2018 Moms

Names?!?

Re: Names?!?

• @gspmom21 & @CareBear622 - so far it is the top pick for a boy.
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @carebear622 we do Love it! We just recently went to Waco and visited Magnolia Market and the Bakery. It was a lot of fun. We went during the "Silobration" so they had a lot of venders selling stuff.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • bubby15bubby15 member
    edited November 2017
    @djh513. Cameron James was my #1 choice for DS but DH shut that down quick
  • @zande2016 @gspmom21 thanks for the perspective- definitely feel slightly less crazy for thinking this way!
  • tgortney said:
    We have the name Emilia on LOCK DOWN if it’s a girl (nickname will be Mia). DS’s name starts with an E too, we didn’t mean for it to happen but it’s happening and we’re rolling with it.

But in my gut, I feel like I’m destined to be a boy mom so we’re going to really have to think about a boy name since I’m fresh out of boy names that me and DH can agree on.

This is so me too!  Boy mom for lyfe. B)  And of course because we agree more on girl names, and have a hard time agreeing on boy names, we will almost certainly have another boy. 

Names that we left over from our "maybe" list last time:

Boy:  Benjamin, Emmett, Daniel

Girl:  Madeline Elizabeth, Emma Claire, Brynna Jane
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @stlmegs LOOOOOOOVE Emma, that's always been my go to name. Pairing it with Claire is cute! I'm partial to Daniel (DH name) so that one is good to :D I like all the names you came up with, good job!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Katm89 said:
    Atom Davis for a boy, for sure. I also don't think its a boy, but this was the name picked out when we were pregnant last time. Yes, I know it is a bit odd. But we picked it out over 7 years ago, so it has grown on us like a fungus. It is a popular name in california and most people won't know it is even different when they hear it.

Girl name is Halley(pronounced like Hallie) Fae. We wanted to do a family middle name but all our family names sound horrible with this name. I thought maybe Halley Alice, but it would make for some weird initials, like HAM. DH likes the Faye spelling better, but I like Fae because its more like a fairy and since there is a Y in her first name it breaks it up.
    Love the names, but really think about the spelling. My first name is Bryana, and I constantly give my mom grief about having to spell it differently than typical Brianna's or Breonna's. It's never spelled right by coworkers or when I get mail from people. It's frustrating at times. Especially growing up having a difficult last name for people to pronounce. Only my two cents from someone with a different spelling than the typical. Kiddo is the one who will have to live with it, not you. 

My first son is Wyatt, our angel daughter is Kali (her dad spelled it, I wanted Cali - so people would pronounce it correctly), and our angel son is Jack. 

I really like the name Cole for a boy, we've had it picked out since we started trying again last year. My boss had a baby a few months ago and didn't learn what she was having and named her son Cole. We never talked names so I couldn't be upset that it was taken, so I am on the fence if we will use it. We cannot agree on a girl name, if we have a girl she may remain nameless up until it's time to leave the hospital as my husband vetos all the names I like. 

We probably won't decide to find out baby's sex until we are in the ultrasound room. We are both on the fence if we want to know or keep it a surprise. Dan wont even entertain names till we know a sex typically. I got him on a good day when we came up with Cole. 
    My son is a Wyatt also! 

for names we haven't even started to think of them yet, I think we are both just waiting for the first ultrasound to talk names

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Girl:  Eleanor Marie or Ruth Marie
    Boy:  Charles Michael,  Robert Michael

I know my husband likes Ruth but but names are tough for us to agree on! Why are boys names so hard!?
  • bubby15 said:
    @djh513. Cameron James was my #1 choice for DS but DH shut that down quick
    Lol I have raved about Cameron for long enough I think he knows. He had a lottttt (more than me) of veto power with DS first name so I had to work hard to find something he liked and Edward was his brother’s middle name (he passed in 2015). So, this baby’s name is more in my court. James is a family name (both my dad and brother’s first name, among others) and Jean was my maternal grandmother’s middle name. 

I like having two ‘C’ names and the initials CJ I think can be cute as a nickname (plus my dad’s sister’s name is Carrie Jo and he calls her CJ so he would be pleased with the CJ thing). 

All in all, I am so set on this name. Lol. He better not veto me!!! 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• @djh513. All of those are great reasons!! I feel like he can talk say no to all that! James is a big family name for me so DH had no choice on the middle name oops! But this go around we will be using his first name as the middle name (if it's another boy) and that is going to make it tough since its so long!
  • I really love Jackson for a boy and Emilia for a girl. Though I know these probably won't stick because all previously picked names got thrown out when I got pregnant with my daughter and it took us forever to decide on a name  :#
  • I literally just realized 2 of my siblings and I are Ms and 1 is a K. My middle siblings are twins and one goes by a nickname for her middle name, so they were always T and K and my brother and I were Ms. 
  • Last time was so easy. We had our sons name picked from conception and I knew it was a boy right away! We couldn’t even agree on a hypothetical girls name, good thing we didn’t have to. This time we also have our boy name picked but I’m feeling girl. It’s going to be a lot harder this time. My husband wants to incorporate his family’s names but I’m going to fight that to the end. He does get the last name after all. 
  • bubby15 said:
    @djh513. All of those are great reasons!! I feel like he can talk say no to all that! James is a big family name for me so DH had no choice on the middle name oops! But this go around we will be using his first name as the middle name (if it's another boy) and that is going to make it tough since its so long!
    What did you choose to go with James?

And what is the middle name you’d be working with this time? Just curious!

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Loving all the names so far.. 

with our first we were so set on a boy name and a girl name but it was a boy so we have Grayson (after robin) dirk (after our local b-ball player). After he was born I decided I didn’t want the girl name anymore and we decided on Remi boy or girl next time 

so boy it will be Remi..... we are undecided in middle name because our last name is Martinez but we have super white kids and I don’t want it to sound weird with martinez
  • gspmom21 said:
    @stlmegs LOOOOOOOVE Emma, that's always been my go to name. Pairing it with Claire is cute! I'm partial to Daniel (DH name) so that one is good to :D I like all the names you came up with, good job!
    Thanks! I love Daniel, we may just end up using it  :D We are both partial to more traditional names (my 5 yo is a Jonathan, but goes by JD for now). 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • stlmegs said:
    tgortney said:
    We have the name Emilia on LOCK DOWN if it’s a girl (nickname will be Mia). DS’s name starts with an E too, we didn’t mean for it to happen but it’s happening and we’re rolling with it.

But in my gut, I feel like I’m destined to be a boy mom so we’re going to really have to think about a boy name since I’m fresh out of boy names that me and DH can agree on.

This is so me too!  Boy mom for lyfe. B)  And of course because we agree more on girl names, and have a hard time agreeing on boy names, we will almost certainly have another boy. 

Names that we left over from our "maybe" list last time:

Boy:  Benjamin, Emmett, Daniel

Girl:  Madeline Elizabeth, Emma Claire, Brynna Jane
    Haha yesss. In my heart and soul, I’m convinced this one is a boy again. 

I love Madeline!
  • Loving all the names so far.. 

with our first we were so set on a boy name and a girl name but it was a boy so we have Grayson (after robin) dirk (after our local b-ball player). After he was born I decided I didn’t want the girl name anymore and we decided on Remi boy or girl next time 

so boy it will be Remi..... we are undecided in middle name because our last name is Martinez but we have super white kids and I don’t want it to sound weird with martinez
    My cousin just named her daughter Remi! I love that name! 
  • bubby15bubby15 member
    edited November 2017
    @djh513 we decided on Logan, DH had a strong opinion on it and by the end I hated all boy s name a so I didnt care lol now I cant see him as anything else! If it's  a boy this time we will use Stephen as the middle...so this may Be tough!
  • celainev said:
    Loving all the names so far.. 

Sorry to go there but my dogs name is Remi, short for Remington. He’s a chihuahua. 
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited November 2017
    celainev said:

Sorry to go there but my dogs name is Remi, short for Remington. He’s a chihuahua. 
    Hahaha we have a dog Remington too! He’s a more substantial coonhound/lab mix tho

my children both have names on the top dog names list though so I can’t knock names at all. 
  • wysmom14  He's probably a cool dude too! I haven't met a Wyatt yet that isn't cool. ;P

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • celainev said:

Lol my name is kassie and a lot of people have dogs named that! Hubby actually loves it from another comic book character gambit (Remi lebeau) is his real name. 
  • I've kept our list from baby number 1, so it's been easy to keep the list short & narrowed down!

Girl: Charlotte, Evelyn, Maren
    Boy: Henry or Jack

No matter what we have, the middle name will be Lee. That's my middle name and it's also both my mom and dad's middle names too, so I want to pass that on!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • @CareBear622 I love Dr. Carter and I think he is an awesome character to name someone after!
    I don't know if it will push you towards or away from Harper but there was actually a character on ER named Harper, and she dated Carter.
    I may also be planning on naming my kid after a character on TV in the 90s, and I can't wait until she sees the show and understands why I gave her this name. 
  • Not sure on a boy name yet. Dh wants to go western again. DS is Wyatt. For girl we want to honor DH grandma with Agnis so maybe Agnis Rose. 
  • kat029kat029 member
    edited November 2017
    I'm a weird name person. Xaden is my son's name now. For a girl, we decided on Zoey. Haven't decided on a boy's name..!
  • wildtot said:
    Not sure on a boy name yet. Dh wants to go western again. DS is Wyatt. For girl we want to honor DH grandma with Agnis so maybe Agnis Rose. 
    There is a couple of us who have Wyatt’s! We were thinking Western too, but can’t agree on any girl names. I really like Allison and my grandmothers name is Emma so I’d love to name her either of those, but Emma is too popular for my husband. I’m not even sure if those girl names would be western. We have Cole picked out for a boy.

• @bdesterhouse HD has Allison and Cole in his fam. I like Cole and Emma. We want to go with uncommon or old names. Both of my names are pretty uncommon and love it!
  • My husband's family always names their first born sons Robert W, and usually go by the middle name, so if it's a boy, my husbamd wants Wolfgang, lol. I don't know if I can hang with that. I prefer William.

For a girl, we were discussing Amelia a long time ago since it would sort of go well with my daughter's name
  • mrsj1215mrsj1215 member
    edited November 2017
    We both like Juliet or Charolette for a girl.. No boys names yet except for maybe Charlie.. He wants Carl III, but I'm not sure about that! Lol

Names that I like but he vetoed- girls.. Lyla, Claire, Mercy, Ella, Elodie& Kenzie. Boys.. Remington, Asher, Warren& Wilder
  • The only name DH has agreed on from any of my lists is Hayden. Literally the only name. I guess it's a bonus that it's unisex? 
  • mrsj1215 said:
    We both like Juliet or Charolette for a girl.. No boys names yet except for maybe Charlie.. He wants Carl III, but I'm not sure about that! Lol

Names that I like but he vetoed- girls.. Lyla, Claire, Mercy, Ella, Elodie& Kenzie. Boys.. Remington, Asher, Warren& Wilder
    My husbands good friend is Carlton the 3rd and his son is Carlton the 4th. My husbands friend goes by Trey (for 3) and his son goes by IV(I-V). I think the nick names are cute.

• @acunamatada I know how you feel my hubby usually dislikes my picks too! I do like Hayden though!
  • @esscapelle Maren! What a unique name. I really like it.
  • @bdesterhouse those are cute nicknames.. Maybe if we could come up with some cute nicknames it could work(we both like names with cute nicknames anyway)! Just something to make it unique!
  • My husband's family always names their first born sons Robert W, and usually go by the middle name, so if it's a boy, my husbamd wants Wolfgang, lol. I don't know if I can hang with that. I prefer William.

For a girl, we were discussing Amelia a long time ago since it would sort of go well with my daughter's name
    I love the name Wolfgang. My husband and are both Getman decedents and I asked if we could do that name and my husband said no we aren’t in Germany, he could get made fun of. I think he’s wrong. I went to school with a boy named Storm and knew a girl named stormy. They didn’t get made fun of. 

• @bdesterhouse yeah, to be honest, I am okay with the actual name. However, I am just worried about people giving him a hard time over it.
  • I just read about someone using Lumos as a middle name.....and I gotta say, I don't hate it! And I'm usually pretty judgy about topical names. :D
  • @CareBear622 I love Dr. Carter and I think he is an awesome character to name someone after!
    I don't know if it will push you towards or away from Harper but there was actually a character on ER named Harper, and she dated Carter.
    I may also be planning on naming my kid after a character on TV in the 90s, and I can't wait until she sees the show and understands why I gave her this name. 
    YES, I remember her now!!  Omg, that would be totally perfect!  Can you say which 90s show or is it a secret?  :D