June 2016 Moms
Options

Bring your venting here!

18910111214»

Re: Bring your venting here!

• Options
    Tawny87 said:
    So beyond sick of all the 12+ hour days I do alone with my kids. Man I wish my husband at least made better money, I feel like I could suck it up better that way... 
    I commend mom's that stay at home. I couldnt do it...I feel like being at work is my "adult" time. Lol. 
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    So beyond sick of all the 12+ hour days I do alone with my kids. Man I wish my husband at least made better money, I feel like I could suck it up better that way... 
    I commend mom's that stay at home. I couldnt do it...I feel like being at work is my "adult" time. Lol. 
    Same here...except no "adult time" here. I teach junior high!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    I work about 10 hrs a week at a restaurant. That probably keeps me from a drinking problem lol! 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    We got to view our photo proofs today.

Not a single photo of just Damien and me. I have to ask my husband to, "Take a picture of Damien and me, this is a good shot!" otherwise I wouldn't have anything but selfies I took of the two of us. I was really hoping to have at least a couple of candid moments between Damien and I. There are quite a few gorgeous photos of just my husband and Damien, which I absolutely love...but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

I have this fear that if I die tomorrow, what does Damien have to remember me by? He won't actually have memories of this period so he will be relying on stories people tell and videos/pictures. Guess how many videos there are of Damien and me? None, that I didn't shoot myself via selfie. There are dozens of him and my husband. I capture moments so that if, heaven forbid, something happen to him, I can show Damien these videos and pictures of the two of them. What will he have of me? Maybe a handful of pictures that aren't selfies with him or videos.

My husband just shrugs and says that he's just not geared for doing that but could he at least try? 

I had a rough day and was really hoping for a pick-me-up and couldn't wait to see these pictures.

• Options

Not a single photo of just Damien and me. I have to ask my husband to, "Take a picture of Damien and me, this is a good shot!" otherwise I wouldn't have anything but selfies I took of the two of us. I was really hoping to have at least a couple of candid moments between Damien and I. There are quite a few gorgeous photos of just my husband and Damien, which I absolutely love...but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

I have this fear that if I die tomorrow, what does Damien have to remember me by? He won't actually have memories of this period so he will be relying on stories people tell and videos/pictures. Guess how many videos there are of Damien and me? None, that I didn't shoot myself via selfie. There are dozens of him and my husband. I capture moments so that if, heaven forbid, something happen to him, I can show Damien these videos and pictures of the two of them. What will he have of me? Maybe a handful of pictures that aren't selfies with him or videos.

My husband just shrugs and says that he's just not geared for doing that but could he at least try? 

I had a rough day and was really hoping for a pick-me-up and couldn't wait to see these pictures.

I'm sorry you didn't get the pictures you were hoping for. This is why I try to take pictures of my mom friends and their kids when we are out together. My aunt is really good about taking pictures of Jackie and I too. Guys just dont get it. I know my husband rarely takes pictures, and whenever he does it's never quite what I would have taken.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options

I'm sorry! That is really tough. This is kind of an awkward "solution" but I would just demand it of your husband. Such as, "Grab a photo of us playing right now or take a picture of us by the lake." You could also ask people at restaurants or out and about to grab photos.
  • Options
    It's supposed to snow here tonight. Fuck you snow! Nobody wants you...
  • Options
    My husband's been working from home for about a month and he loves how much he is saving on stuff like his morning coffee and lunch. The thing is that now those expenses fall under my responsibility since I do the grocery shopping so while it might be cheaper for him now, it isn't for me. I also get frustrated because he is notorious for opening up the cabinets and fridge and exclaiming that we don't have anything to eat, despite there clearly being options. Today, for instance, he sent me a text saying he didn't have anything to eat for lunch. I reminded him that there are frozen chicken tenders that he can pop into the oven or chicken dumplings that he can steam. His response, "Oh, I forgot about those...not really in the mood for either one." I'm on a tight budget but I do what I can to keep everyone fed, with leftovers to boot, and at least a couple of snack options. We may not always have a ton of options but you won't starve. 
  • Options
    Yeah, my mom insist on going to Dallas this weekend, even though I have $300 until payday (Monday). Not to mention it's an 8 hr drive from my home. She needs to be there by 10am for the big Red River shootout game. FML.
  • Options
    My husband's been working from home for about a month and he loves how much he is saving on stuff like his morning coffee and lunch. The thing is that now those expenses fall under my responsibility since I do the grocery shopping so while it might be cheaper for him now, it isn't for me. I also get frustrated because he is notorious for opening up the cabinets and fridge and exclaiming that we don't have anything to eat, despite there clearly being options. Today, for instance, he sent me a text saying he didn't have anything to eat for lunch. I reminded him that there are frozen chicken tenders that he can pop into the oven or chicken dumplings that he can steam. His response, "Oh, I forgot about those...not really in the mood for either one." I'm on a tight budget but I do what I can to keep everyone fed, with leftovers to boot, and at least a couple of snack options. We may not always have a ton of options but you won't starve. 
    I would tell him he is welcome to pick up extra things he wants to eat while he is working when he is out and can pay for them out of his own account.
  • Options
    @Tawny87 I told him he was welcome to visit one of the 3 corner stores that are right by us or get a poutine at the poutine restaurant that's literally at the end of our street (he went with that). We had a talk last night about it and I reminded him that we're both on a tight budget due to the house deposit we're putting down at the end of the month, so we need to be more resourceful with what we have for the time being. 
  • Options
    Sometimes I hate that I have to put all three kids to bed EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!! 

Usually my kids go to bed well, but the last two weeks have been rough. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't think I could do it.  You are a saint!  I had to do 4 days in a row this past week and my patience was wearing thing (as you probably noticed by some of my posts).  Pregnancy does not help in the patience department.  DH is generally a part of our overall bedtime routine, putting the sleep sack on, filling the humidifier, and handing Tristan to me for rocking, so nothing big really, but it allows me to get situated and ready.  
  • Options

I feel ya! My hubby wasn't home from work until 10 pm last night and that's a pretty frequent occurrence. Some days he doesn't see the kids at all, and his work is only going to ramp up in the next several months. He is in raise talks on Thursday and I'm going to need it to be substantial for my sanity.