June 2016 Moms
Options

Bring your venting here!

Re: Bring your venting here!

• Options
    @vintagevix2016 yeah we do swim twice a week and he goes Wednesdays at 5pm (we're here now) and Saturdays at 10:30am. So on Wednesdays we basically go straight home and eat dinner. 
  • Options
    Damien woke up at 11pm coughing and having some trouble breathing. We immediately headed to the hospital. He was better by the time we arrived and thus far we've been here 3.5hrs. The nurse came out and said that all non-emergencies can expect a 7hr wait. I guess Damien is considered a non-emergency, which kind of surprises me. Figured a 1yr old with breathing trouble would be seen sooner rather than later. I'm too scared to go home tho for fear that something happens.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Damien woke up at 11pm coughing and having some trouble breathing. We immediately headed to the hospital. He was better by the time we arrived and thus far we've been here 3.5hrs. The nurse came out and said that all non-emergencies can expect a 7hr wait. I guess Damien is considered a non-emergency, which kind of surprises me. Figured a 1yr old with breathing trouble would be seen sooner rather than later. I'm too scared to go home tho for fear that something happens.

That's crazy. 7hrs for a 1 year old?! I'd be so pissed!
  • Options
    @vintagevix2016 I can't believe they are making you wait that long!!! That seems crazy! A one year old with difficulty breathing should definitely be considered an emergency.

i hope all is well!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Guys, the doctor literally came in and said, "So Damien is here because he has a bit of a cough." Um no. He did have a coughing fit but that was because he was trying to breathe...ya know, clear out the airway. I told him I have a couple of seconds recorded during the breathing issue episode and he completely blew me off. He basically told us that it's normal for babies to cough at night from time to time and that we shouldn't be so concerned and to come back if it gets worse in a few days. It was so condescending. He wouldn't even listen to us explain Jax's health history, to illustrate that we are well aware of what his normal coughs and congestion is like but he wouldn't hear it. 

I'm guessing that the nurse who checked us in at the ER, who also wouldn't listen when we tried to explain what happened and why we were worried, she wrote down that he was here for a cough. Not that he was having trouble breathing for 30min, which caused the coughing fit, which then made it worse. The audio of the episode is awful and terrifying. No wonder we were at the very bottom of the priority list if all we were supposdely there for was a little cough. We were there for 7 hours.

I'm so mad.

The good news is that his chest sounds clear, which is a relief. Maybe it really was nothing at all but come on, when parents are bringing their child to you who had an experience like that, can you at least spare 5min to listen to what the hell they have to say?
  • Options
    Guys, the doctor literally came in and said, "So Damien is here because he has a bit of a cough." Um no. He did have a coughing fit but that was because he was trying to breathe...ya know, clear out the airway. I told him I have a couple of seconds recorded during the breathing issue episode and he completely blew me off. He basically told us that it's normal for babies to cough at night from time to time and that we shouldn't be so concerned and to come back if it gets worse in a few days. It was so condescending. He wouldn't even listen to us explain Jax's health history, to illustrate that we are well aware of what his normal coughs and congestion is like but he wouldn't hear it. 

I'm guessing that the nurse who checked us in at the ER, who also wouldn't listen when we tried to explain what happened and why we were worried, she wrote down that he was here for a cough. Not that he was having trouble breathing for 30min, which caused the coughing fit, which then made it worse. The audio of the episode is awful and terrifying. No wonder we were at the very bottom of the priority list if all we were supposdely there for was a little cough. We were there for 7 hours.

I'm so mad.

The good news is that his chest sounds clear, which is a relief. Maybe it really was nothing at all but come on, when parents are bringing their child to you who had an experience like that, can you at least spare 5min to listen to what the hell they have to say?
    Wow. That's awful. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. I hope everyone is doing well now!
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited September 2017

Is it worth checking with his pediatrician about asthma or some respiratory condition. It seems like the poor guy has had a lot of problems with respiratory issues. Hope he is feeling better soon!
  • Options

I'm so mad.

I would be so furious!!!!
  • Options
    I'm booking an appointment with the dr for this week to be on the safe side. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Oh and Damien was lying down in his stroller and when I went to unstrap him to get him out, the dr told me not to bother. He checked his lymph nodes and listened to his chest but that was it. We told him we think his throat was super raw but he didn't bother looking.

sorry to go on and on....just upset.
  • Options
    Oh and Damien was lying down in his stroller and when I went to unstrap him to get him out, the dr told me not to bother. He checked his lymph nodes and listened to his chest but that was it. We told him we think his throat was super raw but he didn't bother looking.

Wow! Is there anyway to leave feedback for such a bad experience? I mean, no one likes the emergency room but you waited 7 HOURS! The least they could do was pretend they cared.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:

Wow! Is there anyway to leave feedback for such a bad experience? I mean, no one likes the emergency room but you waited 7 HOURS! The least they could do was pretend they cared.
    I have the Complaints and Quality Commissioner's extension and plan to call. To be fair, we usually have a good experience at this hospital, it's also the one that Damien was born in. I know they were short staffed in the ER because of the long weekend (my guess since it was a ghost town as far as staff goes) so we did expect to wait a little bit...just not 7hrs.
  • Options
    So I'm very fatigued due to the stupid neighbors blasting shitty Mexican music until 3am. I did call the cops but I don't think anyone picked up the call because of "emergencies" that take priority.
  • Options
    So I'm very fatigued due to the stupid neighbors blasting shitty Mexican music until 3am. I did call the cops but I don't think anyone picked up the call because of "emergencies" that take priority.
    That happens near my house too. I mean, I'm all for celebrating but good lord not after midnight. Some of us have to go to work and would appreciate some sleep.  
  • Options
    I have a few "vents" today.. first one-- Jack started day care August 1st. We've been to the DR 3 times since, hes had bronchitis, conjunctivitis and viral ulcers in his mouth. He's also been diagnosed with Asthma but that has nothing to do with day care. It's SO frustrating!!!! 

Second one-- My MIL asked if Jack could spend the night with her Sunday night since we had a holiday Monday.. No big deal, even though I wasn't thrilled with the idea. I go to pick him up yesterday and after about 10 min of being there my SIL informs be that he fell down the stairs! Like ALL of them.. WTH?! No one bothered to call me, no one was like We are so sorry, I can't believe this happend.. nothing. I get it, things happen.. but DAMN, be careful with my kid! He later took a bit of a tumble at home and scraped up his face so he had pretty much the worst day. 

Sorry that was so long  :/
  • Options
    bankssl1 said:
    I have a few "vents" today.. first one-- Jack started day care August 1st. We've been to the DR 3 times since, hes had bronchitis, conjunctivitis and viral ulcers in his mouth. He's also been diagnosed with Asthma but that has nothing to do with day care. It's SO frustrating!!!! 

Second one-- My MIL asked if Jack could spend the night with her Sunday night since we had a holiday Monday.. No big deal, even though I wasn't thrilled with the idea. I go to pick him up yesterday and after about 10 min of being there my SIL informs be that he fell down the stairs! Like ALL of them.. WTH?! No one bothered to call me, no one was like We are so sorry, I can't believe this happend.. nothing. I get it, things happen.. but DAMN, be careful with my kid! He later took a bit of a tumble at home and scraped up his face so he had pretty much the worst day. 

Oh no!!!!  I hope he's doing better now. That's awful!  
  • Options
    Is Jack in a large daycare? My LO caught a virus and ended up with a sinus infection and when we were at the doc's she said that at 13 months their immunity from pregnancy starts to wear off and will be gone by 15 months. She warned me to expect a miserable cold/flu season.

As for your MIL, I would be furious. Sure there's nothing you can do after the fact and you probably would have taken him home but besides any of that, he probably wanted Mom after falling down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited September 2017
    bankssl1 said:

That's terrible! I watched Cam roll down the stairs at our house after the girls left the gate open and it about stopped my heart!!!!! As for the in-laws, I can totally commiserate, both my girls have been burned on my FIL's stupid coal burner for his hookah that he smokes in the backyard. Yeah, he has 7 kids and 10 grandkids and has the coal burner on while the kids are playing...
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Is Jack in a large daycare? My LO caught a virus and ended up with a sinus infection and when we were at the doc's she said that at 13 months their immunity from pregnancy starts to wear off and will be gone by 15 months. She warned me to expect a miserable cold/flu season.

As for your MIL, I would be furious. Sure there's nothing you can do after the fact and you probably would have taken him home but besides any of that, he probably wanted Mom after falling down a flight of stairs.
    His day care isn't huge, I think there are 8 other kids in his class. I knew he would get sick when he started day care but had no idea it would be this bad. I've thought about cold/flu season and I know its going to be awful. I've started him on some Juice Plus vitamins to try and boost his immune system so hopefully that helps. 

I was pretty ticked off, but I thought I handled it very well. H on the other hand did not handle it so well.. I just don't understand why they didn't think to call me after it happened. I feel like they just downplayed the whole thing which ticks me off too
  • Options
    @bankssl1 I'm right there with you about the illness frequency. Damien started daycare in April and I think has had a max of 2 weeks in which he wasn't sick with something. Hope he feels better soon!

Ooooh man, I'd be livid. That kinda incident needs to be disclosed of asap in my book, especially since he tumbled down all of them!
  • Options
    @vintagevix2016, I agree!! But I tried really hard to keep my cool. 
  • Options
    Ugh can't seem to catch a break!?  My chocolate lab has been limping for the last week and doggie aspirin hasn't helped. So I finally took him into the vet. $242 later I find out he has a torn ACL. We can't afford the surgery ($2,000+) so he will just have to rest and be on pain meds. Jeez, when it rains it pours  :/
  • Options
    Ugh can't seem to catch a break!?  My chocolate lab has been limping for the last week and doggie aspirin hasn't helped. So I finally took him into the vet. $242 later I find out he has a torn ACL. We can't afford the surgery ($2,000+) so he will just have to rest and be on pain meds. Jeez, when it rains it pours  :/
    Poor doggie! Animal injuries are the worst and so expensive too! I hope he feels better soon!
  • Options
    Poor baby... my parents' dog has had to have that surgery and recently tore another one. It's a rough surgery with a long recovery, especially for a dog with any sort of energetic personality.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Poor baby... my parents' dog has had to have that surgery and recently tore another one. It's a rough surgery with a long recovery, especially for a dog with any sort of energetic personality.
    Yeah they told me it would be 6-8 weeks confined to a crate most of the day. This would be torture for my lab. He just wants to run and play ball all day long. The pain meds are helping him but he won't ever be the same. The surgery is so expensive and I worry he will re-injure his leg at some point...or he will tear his ACL in his other leg. 
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Yeah they told me it would be 6-8 weeks confined to a crate most of the day. This would be torture for my lab. He just wants to run and play ball all day long. The pain meds are helping him but he won't ever be the same. The surgery is so expensive and I worry he will re-injure his leg at some point...or he will tear his ACL in his other leg. 
    That's exactly what happened to my parents' dog.  She couldn't even go out to pee without being on a leash because she'd want to play with the other dog and now they are preparing for a second surgery on a different leg.
  • Options
    Poor pup!!!! I'm sorry @laurendiaz02
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Well so far today I have mowed the lawn and trimmed the hedge, I should add a pic so you can see how large this stupid thing is as well as cleaned the living room kitchen and main bathroom. What has my husband done today? The good Lord only knows and I hesitate to ask because it might lead to me hurting him...
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Well so far today I have mowed the lawn and trimmed the hedge, I should add a pic so you can see how large this stupid thing is as well as cleaned the living room kitchen and main bathroom. What has my husband done today? The good Lord only knows and I hesitate to ask because it might lead to me hurting him...
    wow, go you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    wow, go you!
    Thanks! Hopefully it counteracts the stuff I will not get done tomorrow lol!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Tawny87 said:
    wow, go you!
    Thanks! Hopefully it counteracts the stuff I will not get done tomorrow lol!
    I think you can coast off that till at least Monday or Tuesday

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I received a 14 page resume today....well technically it's more akin to a novella.

I'm not an expert in resumes/CVs by any means but I'm preeeeetty sure 14 pages is a bit much. I appreciate the effort though!
    Wow! Most people still try to keep it to one page 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I received a 14 page resume today....well technically it's more akin to a novella.

I'm not an expert in resumes/CVs by any means but I'm preeeeetty sure 14 pages is a bit much. I appreciate the effort though!
    Wow! Most people still try to keep it to one page 
    Exactly, 1-2 pages is good in my book. I'll even accept a 3-pager if need-be but anything more than that is a bit excessive.
  • Options
    Hopefully they're well-written. I teach at the University at night part-time and hoo-boy. The bad essays I get...
  • Options
    My husband begins working from home (aka our dining room table) on Monday. HE decided he HAD to set up his work area (2 monitors and a laptop) tonight....despite the fact that we have our family photos Sunday morning. I asked if it could wait, "I need time to ensure eveything works properly!" Apparently he needs the entire weekend to do this. The table will be in our pictures since we have an open concept and the place is tiny. I'm not exactly thrilled but whatever. I'm just grateful he is finally willing to do the session.
  • Options
    We finally had our family photos done today. I'm not sure how the photos will turn out since Damien wasn't his usual bubbly self. He woke up from his nap waaaay too early so by the time the session started, he was getting tired and cranky. I was so hoping to capture his big smile but he wouldn't do it. I'm sure there are good pictures tho so I shouldn't fret. Just kinda feel like it could have gone better.
  • Options
    @vintagevix2016 hopefully you get some good shots! (I'm sure you will.) I always think professional photos are a little stressful, but probably the photographer captured some moments that you didn't even notice.
  • Options
    annaf2011 said:
    @vintagevix2016 hopefully you get some good shots! (I'm sure you will.) I always think professional photos are a little stressful, but probably the photographer captured some moments that you didn't even notice.
    That's what I keep telling myself. She's a pro for a reason, I shouldn't worry over it. I'm also grateful it didn't cut too much into the Patriots/Saints game since my husband threw a hissy-fit last night when I reminded him that the session is 1.5-2hrs long (starting at 11:30am). Kickoff was at 1pm so we finished at about 1:15.