June 2016 Moms

Bring your venting here!

I am having a really hard time keeping my house clean.  Hard time as in, it's not getting done at all.  I looked around tonight and there is literally not one more clean/uncluttered surface. Granted, my house is really small but still! I'm to the point where I have so much to do that I'm overwhelmed and end up doing nothing.  Also, what do you guys do about dog hair and baby?  I try to sweep/vacuum daily, even though it doesn't always happen and it's just crazy.  Ever since starting back to work my house has just gone downhill.  We get out clean clothes from the laundry basket and the other day all our plates/utensils were dirty and there is only two of us!  I just don't know how some people do it.  I will say that the house tends to be in better order when DH is on a work trip then when he's home but I can't really complain about that since he is the main cook (but does he really have to use all the pans every time?). 
At work everything is so organized and I come home and want to be that way.  I'm that ocd, label maker, don't like things to be crooked kind of person and I come home and just want to leave again.  I can't wait until we can buy/build a new house.  1150sq ft just isn't getting it anymore.  
I'm obviously having a hormonal kind of day and I know big picture this is pretty petty stuff but, does anyone else get it??  im just so frustrated.  Feel free to share!  
«13456711

Re: Bring your venting here!

  • I've toyed with hiring someone to come by once every two weeks to clean and organize for me. We live in a condo that is about 800sq ft (I can't remember the exact number) so it doesn't take much for the place to look like a hot mess too. I do my best to keep it tidy but I never get to do my deep cleans anymore. I'm like you in that I want things straightened, in their proper place, etc. but I've really worked on not letting a messy home drive me crazy. Some days it gets to me and I have to give myself a pep talk that as Damien gets older, I will be able to get more done around the house. My husband, after having Damien to himself all weekend, acknowledged that he needs to step up and help out more. 
  • I utilize his naps to get stuff done. It like I have a routine and I just "wash, rinse, repeat". Haha. We do laundry daily and we have two big dogs so I vacuum everyday. Otherwise we have dog hair tumbleweeds all over the tile floors. Lol. I'm am OCD too so I understand your pain/frustrations.  Once I return to work in December, my mom will take over the cleaning duties since she lives with us and will be watching my son. She's even more OCD then me!
  • It only gets harder with more children. I have the same problem but it doesn't help that my husband seems incapable of cleaning up after himself. I try to always clean the kitchen before I go to bed and run the dishwasher. When I worked my house was never clean. Oh and all the dog hair is driving me crazy, it's just falling out in clumps from my dogs. If they lay on the carpet and get up they leave a hair print behind. I try to vacuum everyday but then as soon as the vacuum is put away they've lost more white hair. I'm swimming in a sea of white dog hair.
    what drives me crazy is when my husband comments about how he can't wait till I can get the house back in order, I had finally gotten a grip on it when we decided to start trying to get pregnant last year. Our house is 3200 sq ft but that includes a finished basement that I only worry about before company comes. The problem is that it is a lot space for LOs to leave toys and crap everywhere. Once you can get a handle on things it won't be so bad but it takes times. I wish we could afford to have someone come clean once a week or even every other week. My husband was suppose to get a big raise and that would have made it possible to get some help but his company is being purchased and there's a hold on all that stuff.
  • My husband is officially fed up with the state of the house.  It is too much for both of us since neither of us are total neat freaks.  He has told me he is getting me maid service for Christmas.  I am looking forward to it.  Our house is large at 4400, but we really only use less than half of the space daily and still can't keep up.  I am personally annoyed at myself over this, but living in a constant state of exhaustion has made me care less.  I try to tell myself if I stayed home with the baby versus returning to work it would be different, but who am I kidding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a little roomba thing that kept the pet hair under control but it broke so now I have tumble weeds and can only vacuum when DH is home to watch Preston.

    Vent:. So happy this election is over.  My aunt's are so flipping annoying on Facebook!  They treat it like Twitter.  God forbid there was a debate or speech on cause every couple minutes they'd put up a status "liar" "omg r u kidding" "you tell em".  A, we have no idea what you're talking about and B, noone would care if we did!!! I'd wake up the morning after a speech and there will be like 40 status updates from each aunt.  I don't wanna see political crap! I wanna see the pictures from my friends party!
  • The amount of dog hair in my house is ridiculous! It's hard to keep up! I do a few things to try and get it under control, and when I'm able to keep up, it seems to be night and day with the amount of hair around the house. With a baby though....if it gets done is another story.

    I have the Bissell robot vacuum that I try to run at least every other day just to keep the floors kind of clean. I also have a Furminator and a Zoom Groom that I use on my dogs once a week, which takes about 30 mins to groom them because they have so much dang hair (the name German short-haired pointer is very misleading lol).

    I also just recently discovered the Chom chom roller....seriously love this thing. I use it to get all the dog hair off the furniture. I definitely don't have time to vacuum the furniture as much as it needs it, so this thing is amazing!

    https://www.amazon.com/ChomChom-Roller-Dog-Hair-Remover/dp/B00BAGTNAQ

  • I have been designated 1950's housewife since I'm currently still job hunting. Nearly 24/7 childcare, as well as the cooking, cleaning, and other house projects I was always responsible for because my husband is perfectly content eating out every meal, living in filth, and hiring other people to do things. It's one of the primary reasons I want to go back to work. Lately I've been getting a little resentful about it. I keep talking to him about it and asking for help, even if it's just on the few days he's not working. But he keeps telling me that this is my job until I have a "real" one. Alas, this is something we have always argued about.
    Meg
    ME: 30  DH: 30 DD: Born June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife

  • Off topic, but still venting...

    I was at the pharmacy, waiting to get my flu shot, and I was rocking Damien in his stroller when an older lady (late 60s I think) came over and started talking to him. Not to me, mind you, just him. He was so close to falling asleep because of the rocking so I was hoping her "visit" would be quick and quiet. She wandered away for a minute and then from off to the side, outside my periphery, this hand appears and grabs hold of the stroller. This old lady proceeds to pull the stroller away from me toward her, all the while chatting to sleeping Damien. DON'T TOUCH MY FUCKING STROLLER! I don't mind folks checking him out and talking to him/me whatsoever, but no one, and I do mean NO ONE, grabs my stroller from me. I firmly but calmly told her to let go of my stroller and asked her not to do that again. She muttered something under her breath and walked off. 
    adiaz132003
  • I can keep everything organized but couldn't consistently keep up with actual cleaning--vacuuming, toilets, and whatnot. Dog hair was EVERYWHERE. Now we have a cleaning service coming once a month. It ends up being $100 for 2 ladies cleaning about 2 hours long. Our apartment is fairly small (~1,200 sq ft) though. I feel bad because I'm a SAHM, but LO still only naps in my arms so I get nothing done. 
  • I've been both a working mom and now a SAHM and no matter what I think it's hard to keep up with all the housework and life in general. You should not feel guilty for hiring someone to clean your home, it's okay to need help. 
  • Off topic, but still venting...

    I was at the pharmacy, waiting to get my flu shot, and I was rocking Damien in his stroller when an older lady (late 60s I think) came over and started talking to him. Not to me, mind you, just him. He was so close to falling asleep because of the rocking so I was hoping her "visit" would be quick and quiet. She wandered away for a minute and then from off to the side, outside my periphery, this hand appears and grabs hold of the stroller. This old lady proceeds to pull the stroller away from me toward her, all the while chatting to sleeping Damien. DON'T TOUCH MY FUCKING STROLLER! I don't mind folks checking him out and talking to him/me whatsoever, but no one, and I do mean NO ONE, grabs my stroller from me. I firmly but calmly told her to let go of my stroller and asked her not to do that again. She muttered something under her breath and walked off. 
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?! Babies are not community property! 'It takes a village' is not an invitation to talk to, touch, or apparently kidnap (OMG again!) someone else's kid, at least without asking the mother first (in reference to the first two, not the third)
    Me: 29 DH: 29 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Dating: 1/21/05  Engaged: 2/14/13  Married: 11/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 June 2017 BFP 8/21/17
  • edited November 2016
    I use a lint roller (peel off sticky kind)for the furniture and I really should brush my beagle more.  My Doberman isn't such a big deal.  I do need to find a good cleaner for the recliners since they hold odors.  I'm going to put baking soda on my area rug overnight tomorrow since I know I'll be able to vacuum Friday morning and see if that helps.  Thankfully the weather is decent so I can leave windows open some during the day. 
  • @vintagevix2016 what a crazy story! That lady sounds like a wacko, kind of scary!

    Ditto on all the difficulties keeping up with the house. I feel doubly overwhelmed bc everything is a mess since we're not unpacked yet, and cleaning in the middle of an unpacked mess is no fun.

    I've decided that when I go back to work i'm going to get a cleaning service bc i'm not going to spend my precious time at home cleaning instead of with the baby. And DH just doesn't see dirt....
  • artlea2013artlea2013 member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    Lizbeth86 said:
    @vintagevix2016 what a crazy story! That lady sounds like a wacko, kind of scary!

    Ditto on all the difficulties keeping up with the house. I feel doubly overwhelmed bc everything is a mess since we're not unpacked yet, and cleaning in the middle of an unpacked mess is no fun.

    I've decided that when I go back to work i'm going to get a cleaning service bc i'm not going to spend my precious time at home cleaning instead of with the baby. And DH just doesn't see dirt....
    Men! Seriously, they would live in a sty if we let them. Before DH and I got married he was living in his grandparents old home by himself for about two years alone. In that two year time the carpet floors, covering about 1/3 of the house, got vacuumed one time, by me, after I got his mother's vacuum from her house to clean the place up. How did he live like that? Luckily, we got new carpet about a month before I moved in and received a vacuum from my mother, who understood my rage, at our wedding shower.

    Edit: I should make this story better by mentioning that he had a 13 year old cat who used to have his litter box on the carpeted area before DH moved in, and would regularly forget that it got moved and mess on the floor instead. Bleh
    Me: 29 DH: 29 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Dating: 1/21/05  Engaged: 2/14/13  Married: 11/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 June 2017 BFP 8/21/17
  • Lizbeth86 said:
    @vintagevix2016 what a crazy story! That lady sounds like a wacko, kind of scary!

    Ditto on all the difficulties keeping up with the house. I feel doubly overwhelmed bc everything is a mess since we're not unpacked yet, and cleaning in the middle of an unpacked mess is no fun.

    I've decided that when I go back to work i'm going to get a cleaning service bc i'm not going to spend my precious time at home cleaning instead of with the baby. And DH just doesn't see dirt....
    Men! Seriously, they would live in a sty if we let them. Before DH and I got married he was living in his grandparents old home by himself for about two years alone. In that two year time the carpet floors, covering about 1/3 of the house, got vacuumed one time, by me, after I got his mother's vacuum from her house to clean the place up. How did he live like that? Luckily, we got new carpet about a month before I moved in and received a vacuum from my mother, who understood my rage, at our wedding shower.

    Edit: I should make this story better by mentioning that he had a 13 year old cat who used to have his litter box on the carpeted area before DH moved in, and would regularly forget that it got moved and mess on the floor instead. Bleh
    So gross right?!! DH will tell me he cleaned the kitchen, I'll get home to him beaming proudly bc the dishes are washed. The stove will have sauce etc around the burners and the floor will be full of crumbs and sauce droppings hardened on the floor. Sigh...
    artlea2013rlbrooks84lyoash31
  • I've been sick since Monday with a bad cold an, as luck would have it, Damien is super fussy this week. He hasn't caught my cold though, which is great. 

    Every day I've looked forward to my husband coming home so I could rest while he took care of Damien. NOPE. Tuesday night he went out last minute with some buddies after work, got home at about 9:40pm, and then proceeded to be a Chatty Cathy until nearly 11pm. Last night, again looking for some reprieve, he decided to spend the evening wrapped up in researching some tv streaminging thing. When I asked if he wanted to help me with Damien, he said he really wanted to figure out the streaming thing. Right. He also informed me right before I went to bed that tonight he has a hair appt at 7pm. The condo is a wreck and I don't have the energy to cook so we've been dipping into some soups and such that his Mom made for us (yay!). If ever I needed him to step up, it's this week. Plus I haven't been home much to take it easy since Damien had a pediatrician appt on Monday, I had my flu shot yesterday, and today I have an appt with the cranial band guy for Damien's helmet.

    The frustrating part is that he took care of Damien all weekend while I was gone and told me that the experience made him realize just how much I do for the family and that he needs to do more to help out. I know I should just say something to him but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to....oh well. 
  • I've been sick since Monday with a bad cold an, as luck would have it, Damien is super fussy this week. He hasn't caught my cold though, which is great. 

    Every day I've looked forward to my husband coming home so I could rest while he took care of Damien. NOPE. Tuesday night he went out last minute with some buddies after work, got home at about 9:40pm, and then proceeded to be a Chatty Cathy until nearly 11pm. Last night, again looking for some reprieve, he decided to spend the evening wrapped up in researching some tv streaminging thing. When I asked if he wanted to help me with Damien, he said he really wanted to figure out the streaming thing. Right. He also informed me right before I went to bed that tonight he has a hair appt at 7pm. The condo is a wreck and I don't have the energy to cook so we've been dipping into some soups and such that his Mom made for us (yay!). If ever I needed him to step up, it's this week. Plus I haven't been home much to take it easy since Damien had a pediatrician appt on Monday, I had my flu shot yesterday, and today I have an appt with the cranial band guy for Damien's helmet.

    The frustrating part is that he took care of Damien all weekend while I was gone and told me that the experience made him realize just how much I do for the family and that he needs to do more to help out. I know I should just say something to him but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to....oh well. 
    You may have just written about my week. Went to the ER with apparently a ruptured ovarian cyst, on top of my period, on top of a virus I aparently have. To top it off all 3 kids are sick, my husband works super long hours, for which I am appreciative of but seriously I would have loved it if he could have found his way home before 10 pm. I commiserate with you
    @vintagevix2016 , if I had seen my hubby's face I would have dumped all 3 kids on him lol!
  • yoshi1230yoshi1230 member
    100 Love Its 10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    edited November 2016
    We recently broke down and hired someone to clean twice a month which is a huge help. I can usually get dishes done after LO goes to bed and just try to keep up with the small stuff while she naps. As far as dog hair is concerned the roomba robot vacuum is the best thing I have ever spent money on. It does great keeping the hair in check until I can sweep and vacuum. It does well on hardwood and tile floors, not great on carpet though.

  • Everything everyone has said about cleaning/organizing....that's my life.  I was working...impossible.  Now I'm a SAHM....even worse.  Lillyana will only nap with me and she will only fall asleep at night with me as well.  She's had such back reflux, yesterday I changed her 7 times.  We are all out of laundry.  It's 50 degrees outside and I'm wearing only shorts and a tank top, no undergarments because I literally have nothing clean.  I was a mess earlier today, crying constantly because I can't get anything done.  DH hasn't been helpful but I can't blame him.  He's working full time and going to school full time.  We have 2 labs and the hair is unbelievable.  I am able to vacuum generally every other day for like 10 minutes but it's literally just where we walk/play. The corners are covered.  I just can't get anything done!
    Me: 32 ~ DH: 33
    Married: 3/26/11
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yoshi1230 said:
    We recently broke down and hired someone to clean twice a month which is a huge help. I can usually get dishes done after LO goes to bed and just try to keep up with the small stuff while she naps. As far as dog hair is concerned the roomba robot vacuum is the best thing I have ever spent money on. It does great keeping the hair in check until I can sweep and vacuum. It does well on hardwood and tile floors, not great on carpet though.

    I didn't realize roomba did hardwoods. I'm so asking for one for Christmas!
  • Tawny87 said:
    I've been sick since Monday with a bad cold an, as luck would have it, Damien is super fussy this week. He hasn't caught my cold though, which is great. 

    Every day I've looked forward to my husband coming home so I could rest while he took care of Damien. NOPE. Tuesday night he went out last minute with some buddies after work, got home at about 9:40pm, and then proceeded to be a Chatty Cathy until nearly 11pm. Last night, again looking for some reprieve, he decided to spend the evening wrapped up in researching some tv streaminging thing. When I asked if he wanted to help me with Damien, he said he really wanted to figure out the streaming thing. Right. He also informed me right before I went to bed that tonight he has a hair appt at 7pm. The condo is a wreck and I don't have the energy to cook so we've been dipping into some soups and such that his Mom made for us (yay!). If ever I needed him to step up, it's this week. Plus I haven't been home much to take it easy since Damien had a pediatrician appt on Monday, I had my flu shot yesterday, and today I have an appt with the cranial band guy for Damien's helmet.

    The frustrating part is that he took care of Damien all weekend while I was gone and told me that the experience made him realize just how much I do for the family and that he needs to do more to help out. I know I should just say something to him but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to....oh well. 
    You may have just written about my week. Went to the ER with apparently a ruptured ovarian cyst, on top of my period, on top of a virus I aparently have. To top it off all 3 kids are sick, my husband works super long hours, for which I am appreciative of but seriously I would have loved it if he could have found his way home before 10 pm. I commiserate with you
    @vintagevix2016 , if I had seen my hubby's face I would have dumped all 3 kids on him lol!
    Ugh that sounda terrible! You have my deepest sympathies!!

    Today was rough with Damien, he was in a foul mood all day. He also had to get a cast done of his head for his cranial band and he haaaated that...never seen/heard him scream so hard. This evening when I put him to bed, he cried so hard he projectile vomited. I think he might be teething or something or could just be a bad day. Tomorrow is another day. I just want to sleep!
  • Tawny87 said:
    I've been sick since Monday with a bad cold an, as luck would have it, Damien is super fussy this week. He hasn't caught my cold though, which is great. 

    Every day I've looked forward to my husband coming home so I could rest while he took care of Damien. NOPE. Tuesday night he went out last minute with some buddies after work, got home at about 9:40pm, and then proceeded to be a Chatty Cathy until nearly 11pm. Last night, again looking for some reprieve, he decided to spend the evening wrapped up in researching some tv streaminging thing. When I asked if he wanted to help me with Damien, he said he really wanted to figure out the streaming thing. Right. He also informed me right before I went to bed that tonight he has a hair appt at 7pm. The condo is a wreck and I don't have the energy to cook so we've been dipping into some soups and such that his Mom made for us (yay!). If ever I needed him to step up, it's this week. Plus I haven't been home much to take it easy since Damien had a pediatrician appt on Monday, I had my flu shot yesterday, and today I have an appt with the cranial band guy for Damien's helmet.

    The frustrating part is that he took care of Damien all weekend while I was gone and told me that the experience made him realize just how much I do for the family and that he needs to do more to help out. I know I should just say something to him but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to....oh well. 
    You may have just written about my week. Went to the ER with apparently a ruptured ovarian cyst, on top of my period, on top of a virus I aparently have. To top it off all 3 kids are sick, my husband works super long hours, for which I am appreciative of but seriously I would have loved it if he could have found his way home before 10 pm. I commiserate with you
    @vintagevix2016 , if I had seen my hubby's face I would have dumped all 3 kids on him lol!
    Ugh that sounda terrible! You have my deepest sympathies!!

    Today was rough with Damien, he was in a foul mood all day. He also had to get a cast done of his head for his cranial band and he haaaated that...never seen/heard him scream so hard. This evening when I put him to bed, he cried so hard he projectile vomited. I think he might be teething or something or could just be a bad day. Tomorrow is another day. I just want to sleep!
    Poor baby!!! Little kid/baby vomit is the worst!!! Hope he feels better soon!
  • Hugs to all of you!!  Hoping everyone can get some semblance of decent sleep tonight.
    Tawny87
  • I'm feeling grumpy this morning. I haven't gotten a decent night sleep all week because for some reason all three kids have been waking up. It's been all me all week with them, I even had to skip a night out I had planed. Dh has off work today and I was looking forward to a little help and adult contact, but he made plans with a friend for the entire day, and at 7pm he's going to a birthday party for a friend while I stay home with the kids. I know it's just bad timing, Just feeling super grumpy about it all.

    Maybe I'll get a Starbucks drink on the way home from taking DS to school today or something. I just feel completely spent and need something to remind me I'm human. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
     

    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the Starbucks drink.  Preston has been so cranky and fighting going to sleep. Lucky for me he stays asleep once he's down but he suddenly gets pissed at nap and bed times.  I had to hold him for a couple naps and I have so much to do in the house! I have a bucket, yes a bucket, like the size of a spackle bucket, full of tomatillos that I have to his and make into sauce before they go bad.  Also, my "roomba" broke and I have to swiffer my floors as well as vacuum, sort the bills out, declutter the house and meal plan/shop.  Lucky for me we have DH home tomorrow so we are gonna split the day. First half will be me getting all my stuff done and second half will be sending him out to do yard work.
  • I desperately need to finish tiling our guest bath before December so when my dad gets out here that first week him and my husband can install the shower. Then we have to install the toilet, vanity, light, and a new door. All my family is coming out for Christmas and we'll probably only have 2-3 people stay with us but it has to get done! I just don't want to do it, plus my husband wants me to recut a few tiles. I'm so tired all the time, he has today off and the boys don't have school today so if it's nice out he could take everyone to the park but I'm just so unmotivated! Not to mention the house is a hot mess and it's making my anxiety worse. I just wish Charlotte wouldn't wake up around 5, why can't she sleep till 7?!
  • Lizbeth86Lizbeth86 member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    edited November 2016
    Ok new vent for this thread, sorry it's so long. DH and I went furniture shopping today with LO. We'd gone to this place last  wknd (along with a bunch of others) so today we were going to make the purchase. At some point she gets restless in the stroller so I take her out, and of course i'm carrying her around while salesman is explaining things to us, bc DH is investigating the furniture and is oblivious. Then i realize she has exploded in her diaper and the poop has started to stain the back of her pants, yuck! I whisper what's going on to DH, who laughs out loud and continues to follow the salesman around, asking questions etc.
    Finally we have a break and DH is wondering why i'm carrying her awkwardly, have a blanket wrapped around her, and i won't sit down to test the mattress. I whisper again and he laughs again, like he forgot.
    Meanwhile I need to use the bathroom myself to pee plus i have my period and i'm on blood thinners so it's very heavy, which i mention to DH as I give him the baby and say I'll check out the facilities while I'm there, to see if I can change her there. (There was no place to change her in the restroom.)
    I come back and DH gives me the baby while he goes off to test mattresses again, i desperately ask the salesman if he cares if I just change her on the floor (i have disposable changing pads). The salesman wanted to find a bed or couch for me to use (he didn't know how bad her diaper was), but I said no, if you don't mind me using the floor I don't mind, and I just ducked down next to a bed and changed her. i'm trying to figure out which of her stained clothes I absolutely have to  put back on her, and I hear the salesman tell DH I'm down there changing her, and DH says, "yeah she's a little trooper" about the baby! I said WHAT, how about her mom! And he's like what's the matter with you, what did I say wrong?
    Sigh... thanks for listening lol


  • Lizbeth86 said:
    Ok new vent for this thread, sorry it's so long. DH and I went furniture shopping today with LO. We'd gone to this place last  wknd (along with a bunch of others) so today we were going to make the purchase. At some point she gets restless in the stroller so I take her out, and of course i'm carrying her around while salesman is explaining things to us, bc DH is investigating the furniture and is oblivious. Then i realize she has exploded in her diaper and the poop has started to stain the back of her pants, yuck! I whisper what's going on to DH, who laughs out loud and continues to follow the salesman around, asking questions etc.
    Finally we have a break and DH is wondering why i'm carrying her awkwardly, have a blanket wrapped around her, and i won't sit down to test the mattress. I whisper again and he laughs again, like he forgot.
    Meanwhile I need to use the bathroom myself to pee plus i have my period and i'm on blood thinners so it's very heavy, which i mention to DH as I give him the baby and say I'll check out the facilities while I'm there, to see if I can change her there. (There was no place to change her in the restroom.)
    I come back and DH gives me the baby while he goes off to test mattresses again, i desperately ask the salesman if he cares if I just change her on the floor (i have disposable changing pads). The salesman wanted to find a bed or couch for me to use (he didn't know how bad her diaper was), but I said no, if you don't mind me using the floor I don't mind, and I just ducked down next to a bed and changed her. i'm trying to figure out which of her stained clothes I absolutely have to  put back on her, and I hear the salesman tell DH I'm down there changing her, and DH says, "yeah she's a little trooper" about the baby! I said WHAT, how about her mom! And he's like what's the matter with you, what did I say wrong?
    Sigh... thanks for listening lol


    Oh no! Men are just so oblivious sometimes. I'm starting to think you all are just much nicer wives than I am because if DH acts like that I usually just hand LO to him and say she needs to be changed now.
  • lac1252 said:
    Lizbeth86 said:
    Ok new vent for this thread, sorry it's so long. DH and I went furniture shopping today with LO. We'd gone to this place last  wknd (along with a bunch of others) so today we were going to make the purchase. At some point she gets restless in the stroller so I take her out, and of course i'm carrying her around while salesman is explaining things to us, bc DH is investigating the furniture and is oblivious. Then i realize she has exploded in her diaper and the poop has started to stain the back of her pants, yuck! I whisper what's going on to DH, who laughs out loud and continues to follow the salesman around, asking questions etc.
    Finally we have a break and DH is wondering why i'm carrying her awkwardly, have a blanket wrapped around her, and i won't sit down to test the mattress. I whisper again and he laughs again, like he forgot.
    Meanwhile I need to use the bathroom myself to pee plus i have my period and i'm on blood thinners so it's very heavy, which i mention to DH as I give him the baby and say I'll check out the facilities while I'm there, to see if I can change her there. (There was no place to change her in the restroom.)
    I come back and DH gives me the baby while he goes off to test mattresses again, i desperately ask the salesman if he cares if I just change her on the floor (i have disposable changing pads). The salesman wanted to find a bed or couch for me to use (he didn't know how bad her diaper was), but I said no, if you don't mind me using the floor I don't mind, and I just ducked down next to a bed and changed her. i'm trying to figure out which of her stained clothes I absolutely have to  put back on her, and I hear the salesman tell DH I'm down there changing her, and DH says, "yeah she's a little trooper" about the baby! I said WHAT, how about her mom! And he's like what's the matter with you, what did I say wrong?
    Sigh... thanks for listening lol


    Oh no! Men are just so oblivious sometimes. I'm starting to think you all are just much nicer wives than I am because if DH acts like that I usually just hand LO to him and say she needs to be changed now.
    I know for me it's a lot about finding the new equilibrium and how our roles have changed. I know I complain about stuff here but it's more growing pains than real relationship issues. It's a lot of trial and error, which can get frustrating.
    Meg
    ME: 30  DH: 30 DD: Born June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife

  • meggyme said:
    lac1252 said:
    Lizbeth86 said:
    Ok new vent for this thread, sorry it's so long. DH and I went furniture shopping today with LO. We'd gone to this place last  wknd (along with a bunch of others) so today we were going to make the purchase. At some point she gets restless in the stroller so I take her out, and of course i'm carrying her around while salesman is explaining things to us, bc DH is investigating the furniture and is oblivious. Then i realize she has exploded in her diaper and the poop has started to stain the back of her pants, yuck! I whisper what's going on to DH, who laughs out loud and continues to follow the salesman around, asking questions etc.
    Finally we have a break and DH is wondering why i'm carrying her awkwardly, have a blanket wrapped around her, and i won't sit down to test the mattress. I whisper again and he laughs again, like he forgot.
    Meanwhile I need to use the bathroom myself to pee plus i have my period and i'm on blood thinners so it's very heavy, which i mention to DH as I give him the baby and say I'll check out the facilities while I'm there, to see if I can change her there. (There was no place to change her in the restroom.)
    I come back and DH gives me the baby while he goes off to test mattresses again, i desperately ask the salesman if he cares if I just change her on the floor (i have disposable changing pads). The salesman wanted to find a bed or couch for me to use (he didn't know how bad her diaper was), but I said no, if you don't mind me using the floor I don't mind, and I just ducked down next to a bed and changed her. i'm trying to figure out which of her stained clothes I absolutely have to  put back on her, and I hear the salesman tell DH I'm down there changing her, and DH says, "yeah she's a little trooper" about the baby! I said WHAT, how about her mom! And he's like what's the matter with you, what did I say wrong?
    Sigh... thanks for listening lol


    Oh no! Men are just so oblivious sometimes. I'm starting to think you all are just much nicer wives than I am because if DH acts like that I usually just hand LO to him and say she needs to be changed now.
    I know for me it's a lot about finding the new equilibrium and how our roles have changed. I know I complain about stuff here but it's more growing pains than real relationship issues. It's a lot of trial and error, which can get frustrating.
    Oh yea, I completely agree with that. And I'm definitely not saying DH and I don't have our fair share of disagreements and frustrations with one another. Though sometimes I think my patience level can be really short! It is absolutely growing pains as we navigate these new lives of ours. :smile:
  • yoshi1230 said:
    We recently broke down and hired someone to clean twice a month which is a huge help. I can usually get dishes done after LO goes to bed and just try to keep up with the small stuff while she naps. As far as dog hair is concerned the roomba robot vacuum is the best thing I have ever spent money on. It does great keeping the hair in check until I can sweep and vacuum. It does well on hardwood and tile floors, not great on carpet though.

    Does it get clogged easily?
  • lac1252 said:
    meggyme said:
    lac1252 said:
    Lizbeth86 said:
    Ok new vent for this thread, sorry it's so long. DH and I went furniture shopping today with LO. We'd gone to this place last  wknd (along with a bunch of others) so today we were going to make the purchase. At some point she gets restless in the stroller so I take her out, and of course i'm carrying her around while salesman is explaining things to us, bc DH is investigating the furniture and is oblivious. Then i realize she has exploded in her diaper and the poop has started to stain the back of her pants, yuck! I whisper what's going on to DH, who laughs out loud and continues to follow the salesman around, asking questions etc.
    Finally we have a break and DH is wondering why i'm carrying her awkwardly, have a blanket wrapped around her, and i won't sit down to test the mattress. I whisper again and he laughs again, like he forgot.
    Meanwhile I need to use the bathroom myself to pee plus i have my period and i'm on blood thinners so it's very heavy, which i mention to DH as I give him the baby and say I'll check out the facilities while I'm there, to see if I can change her there. (There was no place to change her in the restroom.)
    I come back and DH gives me the baby while he goes off to test mattresses again, i desperately ask the salesman if he cares if I just change her on the floor (i have disposable changing pads). The salesman wanted to find a bed or couch for me to use (he didn't know how bad her diaper was), but I said no, if you don't mind me using the floor I don't mind, and I just ducked down next to a bed and changed her. i'm trying to figure out which of her stained clothes I absolutely have to  put back on her, and I hear the salesman tell DH I'm down there changing her, and DH says, "yeah she's a little trooper" about the baby! I said WHAT, how about her mom! And he's like what's the matter with you, what did I say wrong?
    Sigh... thanks for listening lol


    Oh no! Men are just so oblivious sometimes. I'm starting to think you all are just much nicer wives than I am because if DH acts like that I usually just hand LO to him and say she needs to be changed now.
    I know for me it's a lot about finding the new equilibrium and how our roles have changed. I know I complain about stuff here but it's more growing pains than real relationship issues. It's a lot of trial and error, which can get frustrating.
    Oh yea, I completely agree with that. And I'm definitely not saying DH and I don't have our fair share of disagreements and frustrations with one another. Though sometimes I think my patience level can be really short! It is absolutely growing pains as we navigate these new lives of ours. :smile:
    I'm not a silent martyr or anything, I point out what's going on while it's happening. And sometimes being able to vent here is enough for me to get over it ; ) thank heavens for you ladies!
    lac1252rlbrooks84
  • I'm thankful for so much today, but how dh is acting is not included in that list! He got back Tuesday from a 4 day hunting trip, we got here to my parents last night, and have to leave first thing in the morning because dh's family decided to come last minute to visit us and his sister in our area.  

    So today was the one and only real day I had to visit with my parents and brother's family. Dh has spent the entire day (except for dinner) either sleeping, playing on his phone, or watching hunting videos on his phone (right next to SIL who is a vegan and animal activist).  He has not helped with the kids not at all, even though dd is teething really badly, he has been rude to my brother and his wife (I know he doesn't like them, but it's one day! And they have been super nice to him). And he got mad that I wouldn't have sex last night in the room where we are sleeping with all three kids.  His excuse for everything "I didn't sleep well in the hunt."
     Now I have to leave tomorrow and spend 3 days entertaining his family in my home, and I just don't even want to leave. If I had my own way home I would just stay till Sunday with the kids.

    Ok, vent over


    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
     

    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AmberLiz99 that sucks! I love my DH, but he's so ungrateful for what he has sometimes. His parents are visiting after having spent a week with my BIL, who happens to be at Yale for a graduate art program. Anytime they casually mention it (which they're obviously proud of) DH complains about how they always bring it up or where is his part of the money they're putting into BIL's tuition. Especially during the season where you're supposed to express your gratitude for what you have, it really bothers me. Only 9 more days of this to go...
    Meg
    ME: 30  DH: 30 DD: Born June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife

  • My parents' went above and beyond 5o make sure Jax had everything he could possibly need during our visit but it is driving me crazy that they act so inconvenienced sometimes. 

    Example 1: We are staying in the bedroom adjacent to the living room and there is a large gap in the french doors so lots of light and sound easily floods into our room. I asked my Dad if I could turn off ONE lamp and he huffed over it. Nevermind that all the other lights are one, he must have ALL of them on. I explained that the light really illuminates the bedroom and Damien is trying to sleep but he still seemed so put out.

    Example 2: My aunt was wearing heels in the kitchen upstairs and sounds carry easily so I politely asked if she minded not wearing them. She had absolutely no issue with the request and totally understood my concern about the noise. When my mom found out, she scoffed and said, "It's not like the kitchen is above the bedroom!!" 

    Example 3: Downstairs is always 5 degrees colder than upstairs and with all the cooking in the kitchen, the AC was running all day. Well it was 65deg in our bedroom and Damien was not handling it well. I casually mentioned it to my Mom and her response was, "Well it gets warm so we let it run." She was 100% against me turning off the AC and opening a window in the kitchen so poor Damien is so cold despite his flannel PJs and the fact that he is ij gloves and socks too.

    I dunno, it's like any time I make a request that will help Damien sleep, if it is an inconvenience to them, they won't do it or they complain.

    I told my Dad that he will need to try to tone it down during the big game on Saturday since Damien will be trying to nap at various points and he flat out told me that he wouldn't and I should move him elsewhere in the house. This is despite the fact that there are FOUR other TVs in the house in locations that sound wouldn't be as much of an issue.

    Am I making outrageous requests? Asking too much?
  • My parents' went above and beyond 5o make sure Jax had everything he could possibly need during our visit but it is driving me crazy that they act so inconvenienced sometimes. 

    Example 1: We are staying in the bedroom adjacent to the living room and there is a large gap in the french doors so lots of light and sound easily floods into our room. I asked my Dad if I could turn off ONE lamp and he huffed over it. Nevermind that all the other lights are one, he must have ALL of them on. I explained that the light really illuminates the bedroom and Damien is trying to sleep but he still seemed so put out.

    Example 2: My aunt was wearing heels in the kitchen upstairs and sounds carry easily so I politely asked if she minded not wearing them. She had absolutely no issue with the request and totally understood my concern about the noise. When my mom found out, she scoffed and said, "It's not like the kitchen is above the bedroom!!" 

    Example 3: Downstairs is always 5 degrees colder than upstairs and with all the cooking in the kitchen, the AC was running all day. Well it was 65deg in our bedroom and Damien was not handling it well. I casually mentioned it to my Mom and her response was, "Well it gets warm so we let it run." She was 100% against me turning off the AC and opening a window in the kitchen so poor Damien is so cold despite his flannel PJs and the fact that he is ij gloves and socks too.

    I dunno, it's like any time I make a request that will help Damien sleep, if it is an inconvenience to them, they won't do it or they complain.

    I told my Dad that he will need to try to tone it down during the big game on Saturday since Damien will be trying to nap at various points and he flat out told me that he wouldn't and I should move him elsewhere in the house. This is despite the fact that there are FOUR other TVs in the house in locations that sound wouldn't be as much of an issue.

    Am I making outrageous requests? Asking too much?

    That's crazy.  If you are a guest, they should make you feel comfortable within reason of course. Lol don't expect mints on pillows. None of your requests were too much.  
  • My parents' went above and beyond 5o make sure Jax had everything he could possibly need during our visit but it is driving me crazy that they act so inconvenienced sometimes. 

    Example 1: We are staying in the bedroom adjacent to the living room and there is a large gap in the french doors so lots of light and sound easily floods into our room. I asked my Dad if I could turn off ONE lamp and he huffed over it. Nevermind that all the other lights are one, he must have ALL of them on. I explained that the light really illuminates the bedroom and Damien is trying to sleep but he still seemed so put out.

    Example 2: My aunt was wearing heels in the kitchen upstairs and sounds carry easily so I politely asked if she minded not wearing them. She had absolutely no issue with the request and totally understood my concern about the noise. When my mom found out, she scoffed and said, "It's not like the kitchen is above the bedroom!!" 

    Example 3: Downstairs is always 5 degrees colder than upstairs and with all the cooking in the kitchen, the AC was running all day. Well it was 65deg in our bedroom and Damien was not handling it well. I casually mentioned it to my Mom and her response was, "Well it gets warm so we let it run." She was 100% against me turning off the AC and opening a window in the kitchen so poor Damien is so cold despite his flannel PJs and the fact that he is ij gloves and socks too.

    I dunno, it's like any time I make a request that will help Damien sleep, if it is an inconvenience to them, they won't do it or they complain.

    I told my Dad that he will need to try to tone it down during the big game on Saturday since Damien will be trying to nap at various points and he flat out told me that he wouldn't and I should move him elsewhere in the house. This is despite the fact that there are FOUR other TVs in the house in locations that sound wouldn't be as much of an issue.

    Am I making outrageous requests? Asking too much?

    That's crazy.  If you are a guest, they should make you feel comfortable within reason of course. Lol don't expect mints on pillows. None of your requests were too much.  
    I agree they are being ridiculous. Didn't they buy a crazy amount of stuff for your visit? To me that would make think they would do everything they could to make your LO feel at home.

    @adiaz132003 The mints on pillows idea I like and I think I might need to do for Christmas for fun. I can make it my boys task, It'll only be 2 pillows so that's not bad and maybe my boys would start making their beds if I put a little mint on the pillows if the bed was made before school.
    adiaz132003
  • My parents' went above and beyond 5o make sure Jax had everything he could possibly need during our visit but it is driving me crazy that they act so inconvenienced sometimes. 

    Example 1: We are staying in the bedroom adjacent to the living room and there is a large gap in the french doors so lots of light and sound easily floods into our room. I asked my Dad if I could turn off ONE lamp and he huffed over it. Nevermind that all the other lights are one, he must have ALL of them on. I explained that the light really illuminates the bedroom and Damien is trying to sleep but he still seemed so put out.

    Example 2: My aunt was wearing heels in the kitchen upstairs and sounds carry easily so I politely asked if she minded not wearing them. She had absolutely no issue with the request and totally understood my concern about the noise. When my mom found out, she scoffed and said, "It's not like the kitchen is above the bedroom!!" 

    Example 3: Downstairs is always 5 degrees colder than upstairs and with all the cooking in the kitchen, the AC was running all day. Well it was 65deg in our bedroom and Damien was not handling it well. I casually mentioned it to my Mom and her response was, "Well it gets warm so we let it run." She was 100% against me turning off the AC and opening a window in the kitchen so poor Damien is so cold despite his flannel PJs and the fact that he is ij gloves and socks too.

    I dunno, it's like any time I make a request that will help Damien sleep, if it is an inconvenience to them, they won't do it or they complain.

    I told my Dad that he will need to try to tone it down during the big game on Saturday since Damien will be trying to nap at various points and he flat out told me that he wouldn't and I should move him elsewhere in the house. This is despite the fact that there are FOUR other TVs in the house in locations that sound wouldn't be as much of an issue.

    Am I making outrageous requests? Asking too much?

    That's crazy.  If you are a guest, they should make you feel comfortable within reason of course. Lol don't expect mints on pillows. None of your requests were too much.  
    I agree they are being ridiculous. Didn't they buy a crazy amount of stuff for your visit? To me that would make think they would do everything they could to make your LO feel at home.

    @adiaz132003 The mints on pillows idea I like and I think I might need to do for Christmas for fun. I can make it my boys task, It'll only be 2 pillows so that's not bad and maybe my boys would start making their beds if I put a little mint on the pillows if the bed was made before school.

    Back when we had a set up guest room I almost did it but I have cats sooooo... Lol I did however have a basket filled with bottles water, breath mints and small packages of nuts.  And we had a draw filled with "oh no I firgit *blank*" Travel sized toiletries and a shelf with bathrobes and towels.
  • I've posted about this before but omg my in law's rude comments about my daughters weight are so annoying. MIL said my daughter has legs like a linebacker and then BILs girlfriend said yeah she looks like a bulldog. 
  • My parents' went above and beyond 5o make sure Jax had everything he could possibly need during our visit but it is driving me crazy that they act so inconvenienced sometimes. 

    Example 1: We are staying in the bedroom adjacent to the living room and there is a large gap in the french doors so lots of light and sound easily floods into our room. I asked my Dad if I could turn off ONE lamp and he huffed over it. Nevermind that all the other lights are one, he must have ALL of them on. I explained that the light really illuminates the bedroom and Damien is trying to sleep but he still seemed so put out.

    Example 2: My aunt was wearing heels in the kitchen upstairs and sounds carry easily so I politely asked if she minded not wearing them. She had absolutely no issue with the request and totally understood my concern about the noise. When my mom found out, she scoffed and said, "It's not like the kitchen is above the bedroom!!" 

    Example 3: Downstairs is always 5 degrees colder than upstairs and with all the cooking in the kitchen, the AC was running all day. Well it was 65deg in our bedroom and Damien was not handling it well. I casually mentioned it to my Mom and her response was, "Well it gets warm so we let it run." She was 100% against me turning off the AC and opening a window in the kitchen so poor Damien is so cold despite his flannel PJs and the fact that he is ij gloves and socks too.

    I dunno, it's like any time I make a request that will help Damien sleep, if it is an inconvenience to them, they won't do it or they complain.

    I told my Dad that he will need to try to tone it down during the big game on Saturday since Damien will be trying to nap at various points and he flat out told me that he wouldn't and I should move him elsewhere in the house. This is despite the fact that there are FOUR other TVs in the house in locations that sound wouldn't be as much of an issue.

    Am I making outrageous requests? Asking too much?

    That's crazy.  If you are a guest, they should make you feel comfortable within reason of course. Lol don't expect mints on pillows. None of your requests were too much.  
    I agree they are being ridiculous. Didn't they buy a crazy amount of stuff for your visit? To me that would make think they would do everything they could to make your LO feel at home.

    @adiaz132003 The mints on pillows idea I like and I think I might need to do for Christmas for fun. I can make it my boys task, It'll only be 2 pillows so that's not bad and maybe my boys would start making their beds if I put a little mint on the pillows if the bed was made before school.
    Yea, they did buy loads of stuff! I think that's why I'm so shocked by their responses since in so many ways they are super helpful and obliging.
«13456711
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards