August 2017 Moms

Baby names!

14567810»

Re: Baby names!

• tova24tova24 member
    @belmont1785 I love your list! 
  • @OTmom3 I love Audrey! It's my eldest sister's name :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @belmont1785 We chose the name Alexia for my daughter right before Amazon came out with that ridiculous thing. We only know a handful of people who use "Alexa" and it has confused a couple of people in a party setting when Alexia is around lol. I don't get why they'd name technology a real name... that isn't super uncommon at that!
  • middy411 said:
    @belmont1785 We chose the name Alexia for my daughter right before Amazon came out with that ridiculous thing. We only know a handful of people who use "Alexa" and it has confused a couple of people in a party setting when Alexia is around lol. I don't get why they'd name technology a real name... that isn't super uncommon at that!
    We don't use Amazon much but my husband said he couldn't get the commercial out of his head when he heard the name. And yes I thought it was silly they used a common name too!
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    I cannot make up my mind and DH told me all that he wanted for Father's Day was for me to pick a name. He's fine with any of these names - Audrey, Ava, or Nora. I think he prefers Ava out of all of those. If we don't do Audrey for a first name I would want it for a middle name. So that would put us with Nora Audrey or Ava Audrey (or Audrey Nora). Any suggestions?
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• @OTmom3 I've always loved the name Nora so that gets my vote. My sister with four kids said to always yell out the name and see how you think it sounds coming out when yelling at your kids  :D Good Luck deciding!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @OTmom3  I love Nora, it was on our girl list. Audrey is cute, too. I like Ava, but it's a fairly common name. 

@bumpybump DH says the same thing about yelling, my sister says she always imagines yelling and cheering for her kids when they play sports. :D
  • @OTmom3 my personal favorite is Nora, Audrey is a beautiful name as well! All 3 sound great and you can't go wrong whichever you choose!

I got good advice to practice signing Christmas cards with all the family names to see how it looks, think of other people saying the name (calling the name at the Dr. office, etc), and see how the initials look together if you like to monogram things.
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited June 2017
    When you realize you're EDD is about a month away and your name list has 38 boys names (and I don't LOVE any of them) and 8 girls names (one top contender). Ugh! 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited June 2017
    Great my husband just told me he hates my top choice for a girl's name becsuse he doesn't think the middle and first name go together.  Nadia was my grandmother's name and I want to use it desperately.    He refuses to use it as a first name, but agreed bto it for a middle name.

Lillian Nadia

Does it reeally sound that terrible?  My judgement is cloudy on this. He thinks it doesn't flow at all. 

Our other options for girls are 

Josephine Nadia (but I can't find a nickname I like + it's my SIL's name)

Edith (can't decide middle name for this one)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 I don't think Lillian Nadia is terrible. The formal flows better than I'm guessing, Lily Nadia. I'm not a fan of Josephine Nadia but do like the name Josephine (NN could be Josie). When it comes down to it though, how often will you really use the middle name? In my three years experience, just when filling out some paperwork and when disciplining. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited June 2017
    @bumpybump,

Haha...that was my argument to DH.  Middle names are hardly used.  Can't call baby Josephine "Josie" as that is his sister's name.   Not sure I like Jo or JoJo

FWIW, I hate and by hate I mean loathe my son's middle name, but went with it since DH wanted a Jr.  My son's middle name is his mom's maiden name.  It makes my skin crawl.  Trying to win dh to my side, but he still doesn't know baby's sex.  He thinks Nadia should be nixed in favor of Lillian Edith.   He doesn't get I want to use my grandmother's name....
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Lauradi1010 what about Jocelyn Nadia and call her Joss? I'm not crazy about Edith, I know old school names are in, but I think that's a little too old school.  

I agree with @bumpybump that middle names are rarely used, but I still like names that flow. I'm not a big fan of nicknames or going by middle names, but I think Lillian Nadia flows better and then call her Nadia 
  • @SouthernMama15
    If only DH would call baby Nadia.  He vetoed that as a first name.  It doesn't help my father agrees with him for names.   

Ty for name suggestion.  Just suggested Jocelyn and DH hates it.  I think that may be a crazy ex-gf
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We have the 'top three' names and are planning on waiting to meet her for final decision, but I don't have middle names we love for any of them, so I am at least trying to get those nailed down. 

We are doing the middle name after my mom's cousin who was her best friend-so it needs to start with a D, but the flow of names--I never expected to have such an issue with how names flow! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77,

Yes, flow is tricky.  It's driving us batty too.

Pregnancy Ticker