I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Jameson Leo. Sounds nearly the same as Jameson Liam but is easier to say together. I also really like Jacob and think it goes better with Liam than Jameson, so maybe that will help your case.

Definitely Hallie over Haleigh (I would also pronounce the latter Hayley). I think in a decade or two all of the -leigh instead of -ie or -ly spellings will feel date stamped. But Hallie is timeless. I adore Hallie Fitzgerald. 

Love both Gwen Margaret and Reese Margaret. 
  • Options
    @Uhlease13 my favorite was Gwen Elizabeth, but Gwen Margaret is a close second. 
    @ariz17  I think Hallie is better. And Hallie Anne is so cute!
    @purplestarz  I love Jameson. I like it with Liam, Lewis, and Lucas. 

**April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
  • Options
    Does anyone else have a secret "unicorn" name that they like but are not sure whether they would use as its a bit different/out there?

DH and I are pretty much set on Madeleine May for our LO, although he does like Matilda as well but not quite as much. we have agreed not to decide on anything firm until she comes.  We are quite traditional/conservative people and our names choices reflect that.

however we have both discussed a secret love for the name Aurora, nn Rory. it came up when watching the movie Passengers, of all things. Its quite funny as we  have discussed it almost like naughty school children as I think we think the name is too cool for us haha 

• Options
     I love Apollo with Ollie as a nickname. But the looks i get when I bring it up. l will never use it, but I still like it. My best friend is due in August and if they have a boy (team green) their boy name is Atticus with Kit as a nickname. 
  • Options
    they cut low for the CS so i would think baby A would still come out first. my friend had twins and named baby A an A name and baby B a b name and as far as i know she named them right haha. i more so question if these babies can move around at all in there and trick you.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    lola4411lola4411 member
    edited June 2017
    Ninak said:
    Does anyone else have a secret "unicorn" name that they like but are not sure whether they would use as its a bit different/out there?

DH and I are pretty much set on Madeleine May for our LO, although he does like Matilda as well but not quite as much. we have agreed not to decide on anything firm until she comes.  We are quite traditional/conservative people and our names choices reflect that.

however we have both discussed a secret love for the name Aurora, nn Rory. it came up when watching the movie Passengers, of all things. Its quite funny as we  have discussed it almost like naughty school children as I think we think the name is too cool for us haha 

Yes for me to unicorn names! I LOVE Aurora. It was on our list but we're having a boy,

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @shan24 I never thought about that but now I'm heading to Google haha. Hopefully none of my daughter's are named after someone crazy!
  • Options
    Anyone have any name apps you like? With DD I had one I really liked. It was simple, you could star names you like and it stored them for you. This time around I'm finding ones that are all "tinder" style. It's odd.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Anyone have any name apps you like? With DD I had one I really liked. It was simple, you could star names you like and it stored them for you. This time around I'm finding ones that are all "tinder" style. It's odd.
    Baby bump is decent. It's not a name app but a pregnancy app that has a name section you can save favorites as well as suggestions and countries etc. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    I'm in love with our name for baby boy and sooooo tempted to share with my sister and friends...but we're keeping it a secret. I love it so much and I dont want anyone to rain on my parade!
  • Options
    My friend showed me the app nametrix. The free version is super limited which is annoying but I paid the $2 for it even though we already had names in mind. It gives you a bunch of information including the "stripper quotient" :lol:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    I should add that I've already shared the name on this board lol. Not like it doesn't count here but it kind of doesn't?? 
  • Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    I'm in love with our name for baby boy and sooooo tempted to share with my sister and friends...but we're keeping it a secret. I love it so much and I dont want anyone to rain on my parade!
    I feel the exact same way!  I am excited about the name we chose and want to share, but don't want any negative responses.  I almost shared the name with a friend today, but resisted.  Small victory!
  • Options
    What is the name?! It totally doesn't count here. 
    Agreed @MrsCFB! It doesn't count here. We're just internet strangers :blush:

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @cannon I like the Logan and Lucas combo. I also like Lincoln but the other middle name I might try and pull for us Lee ( my dads middle name. Phillip comes from my husband's side). So not sure if we use Lee, if that's too many L sounds? I like the names Max and Miles but a good friend has a Max and another friend has a dog Miles. So yeah....
  • Options
    @curlyq423 my B and your A can be adventurous BFFs!  

• Options
    Also, 1 last thing. I love the middle name Hayes. I tried to work it in our boy name, but DH kept shooting it down. I thought it was cute. I liked Jackson Hayes! But figured I would throw it out there if anyone is having middle name trouble! I've been so obsessed with boy names lately! 
  • Options
    @curlyq423 what about Maddox? Similar to Max but not completely copying. I wouldn't worry about the dog's name if you like Miles. Michael? I think the nn Mikey is adorable for little boys.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited June 2017
    Im trying not to obsess over this. It was so easy picking DD's name. DS is slightly more difficult. I was thinking Leo James was "the name". DH and I agreed. Family seemed to love it. Well found out parents hate it and DH is kind of on the fence about it now. I have already started referring to baby as Leo, so i have grown slightly attached and it hurts that my dad makes fun of it and DH isn't 100% on board like he was. Now it is starting to put doubts in my head like something is wrong with the name or it's weird. What do you ladies think of when you hear it? I pictured this adventurous little toddler with big blue eyes. Idk. Maybe the pressure of naming another human is getting to me!
  • Options
    @kkerner87 I think it's adorable. I love it. I say f everyone else and not to worry about their opinions (except DH, lol I guess his input is important), but I know that's easier said than done.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    I go back forth between saying F everyone and their opinions and then at the same time wanting their approval! I just worry there is something i am missing and DS will get picked on or end up hating his name when he is an adult. When my dad says "well name him what you want, but remember it is him that is stuck with it the rest of his life..." I feel like I'm doing something wrong.
  • Options
    @kkerner87 this is why I don't share name's. It's your choice and forget the opinions of others. Personally it's not my favorite. I do like the sound of Leon James however. Naming another human is huge and nerve racking. We're the team green parents and we had 4 name's picked for our first. She wasn't named until 2 days after she was born. We went with Adelaide Rose. My mother hated her first name, she couldnt pronounce it. Now she loves it. It didn't matter because we loved it. 

I bet others wouldnt pick my baby names for their own, but its what we love. This baby I'm strugging. Team green again and so far have Lydia Marie for a girl (I can't fall in love with a middle name). Nathan Charles or Arthur Thomas for a boy. 
  • Options
    I love Leo James! I say keep it and tell your dad to grow up
  • Options
    @kkerner87 it's not like it's some weird or made up name. I really don't think he will be made fun of for it! Leo is fairly traditional (was actually my grandpa's name).
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave