November 2016 Moms

All Things Sick Baby Related

Re: All Things Sick Baby Related

• kvruns said:
    B is on amoxicillan for his ear infections - 1st dose last night and another this morning before daycare. He left 1oz in his bottle this morning but he was distracted by the dog so I didn't think much of it; he just had his first bottle at daycare and only had 3 of the 5 oz which is very unusual. Coincidence? Side effects? 
    A was on ceffidir for an ear infection (I have an anaphylactic reaction to penicillin) and if amoxicillin is anything like ceffidir, be prepared for poop like you have never see. Before in your life.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:
    B is on amoxicillan for his ear infections - 1st dose last night and another this morning before daycare. He left 1oz in his bottle this morning but he was distracted by the dog so I didn't think much of it; he just had his first bottle at daycare and only had 3 of the 5 oz which is very unusual. Coincidence? Side effects? 
    A was on ceffidir for an ear infection (I have an anaphylactic reaction to penicillin) and if amoxicillin is anything like ceffidir, be prepared for poop like you have never see. Before in your life.
    uh oh !  hehe. So far no poopy diaper overnight/morning or at daycare thus far. He usually poops late afternoon so let's just hope it is at daycare...
  • Loading the player...
  • God speed @kvruns. A had such bad diarrhea on a Saturday morning in our bed that it went out of her diaper, through her pjs, through the fitted sheet, through the mattress cover and stained the mattress. I threw the sheets away and did 2 washes of everything else.
  • @kvruns - E was on amoxicillin a few months ago and there was no explosive poop. You could be fine, don't worry about it. 
  • @kvruns M had ear infections not long ago and he ate less for a couple days 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • leighryleighry member
    @kvruns my oldest has a kidney condition that she had to be on amox every day for 18 months for preventive measures when she was first born. We never had tummy issues.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Ok so B has been having a rough 4+ days. All of the symptoms the Dr described (cranky, not wanting to eat, more wake ups etc) hadnt happened before the diagnosis but now they've all been happening. We're on Day 5 of antibiotics - does it seem weird the symptoms started after??

Maybe some of this is teething too? Idk but it's driving me insane 
  • @kvruns maybe the antibiotics took longer to aggravate him? I'm sorry, poor baby and poor mama.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Yea I'm not sure. And it took him forever to eat this morning and he didn't finish the bottle. Now he only ate 1.5 oz of his first bottle at daycare and I'm guessing it was a big battle like when I tried to feed him (squirming, arching screaming). Wtf 
  • A had issues taking the bottle when she had an ear infection, when's your follow up?
  • kvruns said:
    Yea I'm not sure. And it took him forever to eat this morning and he didn't finish the bottle. Now he only ate 1.5 oz of his first bottle at daycare and I'm guessing it was a big battle like when I tried to feed him (squirming, arching screaming). Wtf 
    I had these issues when LO had a small ear infection and was teething. He'll eat when he's hungry but much less. It will pass.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Follow up appt is June 13 - has 10 days of antibiotics and then follow up about a week after
  • kvrunskvruns member
    So I had left a message earlier with Dr office and they said they want me to bring him in since he hasn't showed symptoms until after the antibiotic started.

Lovely way to spend my day off. Selfish attitude  I know!
  • @kvruns you're entitled to your feelings! Especially since you're basically doing it alone. Hugs to you and B today.
  • leighryleighry member
    Any update @kvruns?
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited May 2017
    The Dr looked and said his ears were improving so the antibiotic must be working. She had no explanation for all of his symptoms and said it was very strange to be experiencing it when it is obviously healing. She said to try probiotics because maybe the antibiotic was making his belly hurt and causing him to not want to eat, etc

so basically a wasted visit 

Edit: B ate better last night and this morning but his sleep is getting worse. He's waking up every 2 hours or so. This needs to end!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Today B has been projectile spitting up and has been super fussy and daycare and he has a slight fever. I know that means he's fighting something but wtf antibiotics are not my kid's friend apparently
  • kvruns said:
    Today B has been projectile spitting up and has been super fussy and daycare and he has a slight fever. I know that means he's fighting something but wtf antibiotics are not my kid's friend apparently
    This is why I don't use them. Judge if you must but I predominantly subscribe to homeopathic remedies. 
  • Another ear infection over here :( 
  • Ugh, I'm sorry @anne11716. Ear infections are the worst (as are the antibiotic side effects).
  • Baby got 2 mosquito bites! I am totally over reacting but I'm annoyed because I told H it was time to go, that the flys were too bad and he was in bo hurry. 
    Theh are both on his head. And they look so bad.they are like little red blood dots.. almost like they took just a chunk of skin out. No bump or anything. Maybe that's how it looks in babies?! Is it just me.. am I crazy for worrying?! What can I do?!
  • anne11716anne11716 member
    edited June 2017
    Second day on new antibiotics? Is this weird? 
  • Apparently little rash is normal and it's not spreading. I literally feel like I need to go on xanex. I just can't relax about annnnything. Ugh. 
  • I feel you @anne11716. Any lumps or bumps cause instant nervousness.
  • I'm the same way @anne11716
  • My SIL said in one of the baby books she was reading a chapter title was "Half of year one is wondering what this rash is" lol. Definitely accurate!
  • I wish I could say the worry has lessened as one gets older and the second one is here, but it doesn't. At this rate, I'm going to spend my whole life worrying. 
  • Ugh, LO is getting a cold. He refused his afternoon nap, his nose is running like crazy, he's sneezing and coughing. I feel so bad for him. He's now also refusing to go to sleep, or I should just say he can't sleep because he can't breathe. He wants to sleep, he just can't suck his pacifier or his thumb and is bothered by his stuffy nose. I've tried sucking it out to no avail. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. And we were supposed to go to a grad party tomorrow, sleep over at my sister's, and then a baby shower Sunday. Looks like my fun weekend is going to be spent at home with a sick babe instead. 
  • @desoky01 I hope your LO wakes up tomorrow feeling 100% better so you can still enjoy your fun weekend. 
  • I hope you feel better too! I know I'm replying on the wrong thread but I'm glad there was no serious issues! Hope you can still enjoy your weekend.
  • @desoky01 Maybe pull LO into a steamy shower to loosen everything up and clear him out. Then a quick nurse to sleep. It might help trick his body into feeling well enough to sleep. Whatever you choose, I hope you can have some semblance of the weekend you intended. 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    LO is having fever since Sunday morning, she was mostly okay on Sunday still playful and smiling. i thought her fever broke and left her with grandma and went to work. then her fever started to go up and when i went home she was so miserable , no energy , her fever was 103.6. i gave her tylenol and took her to the dr. there is no other symptom, dr couldnot find anything either. he wants to wait until thursday, thinking it is viral and the fever will break. i cannot sleep properly at night , i was so afraid that her fever can raise quickly in her sleep and i would miss it. DH stayed up to work and check her temp once a while. her temp raises as soon as the effect of tylenol is gone. i am trying to stay calm but really panicky inside.
  • @ZoeFer I totally get it!! I was a crying, worried mess both times this has happened to us. Fever has been as high as 104.2 for us. We always stayed on top of the Tylenol and if it was over 102 at night we would wake him to recheck and give more Tylenol. Apparently a summer virus is a thing and super common and comes with a high fever. I totally get the I can't sleep because I am constantly worried. I wish I could make the time go faster for you! My dr said if the fever gets to 104.5 then go to the er but other than that, babies get super high fevers. I have heard baby ibuprofen also works well with fevers but we always stick with Tylenol. Good luck!!
  • @ZoeFer I have been there. Stay on the Tylenol and try luke warm compresses/baths. We were hospitalized with spiking fevers a while back and while my instincts are to use cold compresses, the nurse explained to me that isn't the best idea. And if it's any hope, we have had those fevers and a few days later a slight rash and appears and low-and-behold it was roseola.

FX for you and LO... hoping it all resolves soon!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    fingers crossed @zoefer
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @zoefer I hope LO gets better soon. A fever at least means that she is fighting whatever it is!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @zoefer I hope she feels better soon.