November 2016 Moms

All Things Sick Baby Related

Re: All Things Sick Baby Related

• anne11716 said:
    103.7 now Ear infection ahhhh I hate this!!! 
    What did the doctor say??
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • He said to wake him up every 4 hours to make sure it is not at 105 and to give Tylenol at that time too. Waking him up in 5 minutes to check. He said the virus that has been going around has been causing high temps. He has had one dose of his medicine but that is for the ear infection which he said the virus is separate. I'm so anxious and nervous. Hoping sleep will help for my little man. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • The worry can drive us through the roof. I was there when DS was 6 weeks. He kept spiking fevers that averaged between 102 and 104. They never figured it out but he ate throughout those few days and eventually kicked the fever so the doctors weren't worried. I hope your LO recovers quickly!
  • @anne11716 Hope your LO gets better fast!
  • @anne11716 Oh no, I hope LO starts to feel better quickly.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Healing thoughts for you LO @anne11716!
  • 101.3 fever and major decrease in appetite with mucus coming up. Uggggh. I just don't know. 
  • jsmaijsmai member
    @SandNStarsNJ oh no! Hope your kiddo feels better soon!
  • @SandNStarsNJ oh no!:( I hope your LO gets better soon! It's the worst when they are sick!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm officially putting a call into the dr in the AM. It's starting sound like pneumonia. Ugh. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ oh no. Hope he's feeling better soon. Keep us updated. 
  • I'm officially putting a call into the dr in the AM. It's starting sound like pneumonia. Ugh. 
    FX it's not pneumonia and he feels better soon. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ FX your LO is ok.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @sandnstarsnj oh no! I hope he is ok. Big hugs!
  • This measles outbreak here in MN is freaking me out...makes me never want to leave the house. 
  • desoky01 said:
    This measles outbreak here in MN is freaking me out...makes me never want to leave the house. 
    This was me back in Nov/Dec in western Washington. I wouldn't let my 4year old go on the merry-go-round at the zoo when we were at Zoo Lights because the breakout had hit the area, hard. The merry-go-round was clearly running and I said they had closed it for the night. Somehow she believed me and we moved on. There were a lot of things we didn't go out and do because of the outbreak. Or we brought along a lot of sanitizer. 
  • I had no idea there were measles out breaks
  • There was a bad one a few years ago in a city my cousin was living in. She's a pediatrician in a hospital (she specializes in hematology) and one of the patients in her unit died after he caught measles at a playground. He was immuno suppressed and couldn't get the MMR vaccine.
  • Went to see the doctor today for follow up regarding M's weight (at his 4 month needles nurse was concerned about his drop in percentiles so we saw the doctor and had to come back in 4 weeks for a follow up). It's all good! He's still small but doctor was like whatever he's good. He's thriving and he's gained exactly what he should have since his last appointment. No peds referral for us! 

However his cold (runny nose) has been really effecting his eye (he has a blocked duct anyway. Not real bad but it's there) and has been full of green goop and sometimes sticks together. And has lead to a rash on his back. He now has his very first prescription (eyedrops) for conjunctivitis. Poor man (poor mama because I can't even think about eye drops without my eyes watering let alone pin him down and make him take them)
  • @kristah2 we have eye drops too and he didn't love them but didn't fight too bad. Think it was more of this weird object coming toward him 
  • Daycare just called about possible pink eye. Nooo!
  • Daycare just called about possible pink eye. Nooo!
    Oh no!  Hopefully they're wrong. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ hopefully you can catch a break. Poor little guy. 
  • Anyone else's baby cough a lot at night? Mine started when he first caught a cold at daycare and seeing as he's had a cold for like 6 weeks or hasn't gone away. Now that he's been rolling over these past few days its way worse and louder. Sometimes I wonder if it is more for attention? It usually correlates to him having flipped over. At his last dr appt I mentioned the coughing and they weren't concerned said it was just leftover from the cold 
  • @kvruns It could definitely just be for attention. S does that sometimes and I  have even read that they start doing that by about five months or so 
  • @ladybug2821 that's what I read too. I try to make sure if I do go in there that I wait a little until after he coughs so he isn't getting a reaction from it
  • So no pink eye. Much like ODD, his sinus are just so close together that mucus sometimes comes out of the corner of his eyes. It almost feels like we're catching a break on this constantly sick thing. Now if he's just kick this bronchilitis so I could drop the nebulizer from our schedule. 
  • In for a rough night over here. DS had a cold earlier this week which caused a low fever and a very runny nose and now DD has it. Put her down at 6:30 and at 8:30 she was already up screaming. Nursing her now even though it hasn't been that long because that's the only way she's calming down  :/
  • @SandNStarsNJ that's what we have going on too ( but only from one eye ). We have drops for it now to clear it up but I'm actually traumatized by eyedrops so H has to do it. Though this morning it meant having to wake M up to get them since he was leaving for work.  
    Hope he feels better soon!!
  • I'm not sure if DD is sick, teething, going through a growth spurt, all of the above or something else. We had 2 nights of really bad sleep Sunday and Monday, then back to normal 2 wake ups last night so I thought we were over it ... but today during the day she was extremely unsettled, fussy, clingy, did not want to be put down. She took FIVE naps (20 mins, 20 mins, 1 hr, 30 mins, 40 mins) four of which I had to hold her or wear her in the wrap. Now tonight she went to sleep around 8 and has been up at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 and now it's almost 2 and she's still up. She doesn't have a fever and has been nursing a lot, but she seems genuinely uncomfortable. I just gave her some Tylenol to see if maybe that will help? Ugh, I just want some sleep  :s
  • @mrsmoose5 maybe it's teething since no fever? I hope she feels better soon!
  • Asking for advice again. The number of measles cases here in MN is growing, I think we're up to 42 now or something. I know that's not a huge number, but since measles is so contagious it freaks me out. I am feeling like I need to just keep LO home as much as possible, but it's also hard because I want to still be able to do things. I think H and other friends and family think my worry is a little excessive. I don't know whether I'm right to worry and try to avoid going out, or whether it's smart. I also don't know whether to ask for an early MMR shot at our 6 month appointment? I hate that the MMR vaccine has had such a bad reputation. Even if many of the claims about it aren't true, it still makes my worry brain go! Sorry, this got long. 
  • leighryleighry member
    @desoky01 I'm not sure they can do it early. I don't blame you I would be home all the time outside of regular errands as long as none of the cases were really near where I lived.
  • @desoky01 It's my understanding they cannot do the MMR early. And I also understand your worry as I am the same way and was especially with LO those first few months, which proved to be a fair worry as we did end up in the hospital at one point. I say that because you should trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right than trust yourself. And if you want to talk to your doctor, call. 

And in the interest of paranoia, I'm in the car with an almost three yo who will not eat today and says her eyes are burning and her stomach hurts. I'm full of worry and have no idea what to do. Especially as she sits next to LO until we get home which will be a while. 
  • @desoky01 it might be worth asking! I know here (our needles are different) they get one dose at 2 months and the others at 4. So there is clearly a way to get it early! Just not sure if they will 
  • @desoky01I was just reading about that this morning, wondering if any of our mamas are in MN.
    If staying home soothes your worry, do it! I have no shame in my bubble game, haha—LO only left the house to go to the doctor for her first 12 weeks.