May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms & Questions 4/17-4/21

12345679»

Re: Randoms & Questions 4/17-4/21

• Options
    @lrwardrop I've had rib pain for awhile and don't have a long term remedy. But if I push LO down and away from my ribs, that seems to help for awhile. I'm assuming it's his right foot that was wedged in there on the ultrasound a few weeks ago. I also notice it's worse when I'm sitting around the house vs sitting in my desk chair at work. So I wonder if I slouch more around the house or something. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 hooray!! So glad you get to go home!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I hope sleeping in your own bed is glorious! Yay for home!
  • Options
    @MrsFreeman2010 - That makes a lot of sense, thank you! In your opinion, is it a big hassle? Are nurses frustrated with the extra step? Should I care if they are? (It's basically my number one goal in life to be the perfect customer and not cause anyone extra work or stress!) 
  • Options
    @emilyalso they don't do baths at my hospital but all nurses wear gloves to handle all newborns, doesn't bother anyone here, plus they're usually wrapped up so much you're not touching any part of baby anyway, except for any checkups they may need.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    Another thought on gloves: nurses' often have cold hands from washing them so much, and gloves help make hands not so icey to the touch, so you can try looking at it that way, too. That being said, to original poster (I think is was absbubbs or achays11, someone with an a, too lazy to go look so I'm not going to tag), I'd be pretty upset if I was told it was a "dirty baby" and everyone would use gloves, rather than it just happening. I feel like being told makes it more shameful and gross, when I don't believe it is. I'm delaying bathing until we're home (delivering at birth center). For whoever asked about the health benefits, here is an article that can help answer that. And another.
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 - See above post for health benefits :) 
  • Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited April 2017
    Whoops wrong thread
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @Jens_Hoes: My hubbs is a tad bit pickier than me & washes all new clothes before washing them. His stance is that you never know what kind of person has handled or tried on the clothing, if you buy it from a brick and mortar store. Sweat, BO, a smoker, a person with gross patchy dermatitis and dandruff... I could go on... But also, say you order some clothes online (like baby/kids clothes) and they arrive wrapped in plastic, clearly never touched before. Even so, they are straight from manufacturing, and could be dusty or have extra itchy dye sitting on top, you just never know. Better safe than sorry. I'm not quite so nitpicky; I've been known to buy a shirt and wear it the next day without washing it, whatevs. But kids clothes, yeah, I worry about rashes, and I'd rather they smell like a nice clean detergent when I take them out of the drawer.

Bottles, lids, and nips (and pacis) should all be sanitized before first usage. Washing normally is usually good enough during regular day to day use, and I don't really think repeated sterilizations are necessary (unless something is just beyond gross). That's my 2c!
  • Options
    @emilyalso sorry I was MIA all weekend and just saw your question. No I'm not frustrated by an extra step. And we so frequently wear gloves it's totally fine.  I just like knowing instead of going into a room and doing something with the baby and finding out later. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    vrj0522 said:
    @starphish18 - I don't remember ever feeling baby move during a bh. 

@nda_roxybabe - so when you were doing mousse did you apply it everyday or only the first day?
    Just that first day when it was wet. I'd wash, apply mousse, blow dry.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Random- I bought the Samsung s8 and my fil wasn't awake or home to receive it. Now after waiting months for this phone I've got to wait one more day. What's worse is I may miss out on the free stuff Samsung is giving away from the presale because I need the phone to get the free stuff but there's limited amounts and everyone who preordered got theirs today.... anyway total fwp