August 2017 Moms

Baby names!

Re: Baby names!

• Kaityrj said:
    We love the name Benjamin, but our last name starts with J. So his initials would be BJ? What do you guys think? Would we be just setting him up for being made fun of? Or not that big of a deal? I keep going back and forth!!!
    Stuck in box.

I would not worry about this, personally.  I love Benjamin!  Our boy twin will be Benjamin George.  We can't seem to agree on a girl name yet.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think DH and I are going to keep our name to ourselves until he is born. We have two names we are considering. I am sort of happy to see that neither of them have been suggested here...
  • Loading the player...
  • NxyNxy member
    Kaityrj said:
    We love the name Benjamin, but our last name starts with J. So his initials would be BJ? What do you guys think? Would we be just setting him up for being made fun of? Or not that big of a deal? I keep going back and forth!!!
    My Dad's middle name makes him a BJ and that was nickname for him for a long time so I wouldn't let that stop you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AB518 said:
    I'm terrible at keeping secrets, and I honestly don't care at all what other people think about the name I chose, so I don't even hesitate to share the name with people when they ask me except online.  (I'm still a little too private to share that information online.)  I love that people I know are already referring to him by his name.  DH and I chose a name for a boy and a name for a girl years ago before we ever actually thought about trying to have kids; we still love those names, so our minds are not going to change at this point.
    I'm awful at secrets as well! I know alot of other ladies that are pregnant with girls June-Aug so we're tempted to share the name with our family after our 20 week ultrasound as to kind of claim it. 
  • So I am naming my little boy, Landon. I thought I knew what I wanted his middle name to be, but now I'm on the fence ( Trier. This was our last name on my mom's side of the family way back when the family was back in Scotland.) Any suggestions?
  • I like Landon Trier, @tova24
    I also like using a family name for a middle name; we're probably going to do the same (Riley or Reilly to honor the Irish ancestors). Anyway, the middle name is so rarely used. To use it for a family reference works nicely. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tova24 I'm biased and will tell you I LOVE the name Landon. I don't come across many Landons at the workplace or in my social circles either. Plus we named our 2 yo son Landon (middle name Grayson). It's a great name! And Trier is a wonderful middle name too! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tova24
    I'm also biased.  I looove the name Landon!  DS is Landon William (middle name is after my grandfather). 

Pregnancy Ticker

• NxyNxy member
    fun fact. Trier is one of the oldest cities in Germany .
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is it pronounced Trier (rhymes with pier) or Try-er?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 it ryhmes with pier. 
  • JCPSand2BJCPSand2B member
    edited April 2017
    I'm hung up on a baby name for this boy but with my FILs name for the middle name, the intials spell out something not so pleasant. If I can't get past the name I'm trying to decide on two options-neither one I would have considered in the past.

Option 1: switching the name so FIL's name is the first name but little guy goes by his middle name . 

Option 2: Giving DS two middle names. 

I know most people don't even pay attention to someone else's initials but it's just not something I'm willing to stick this kid with...just in case.

Any opinions between option 1 or 2?

I'm honestly stuck and starting to dislike boy names, DH has no strong opinions as long his dad is honored. 
  • Any suggestions for multisyllabic girls names that end with "n"? Our son is Ian, and we really want to tie the two together with the same last sound. Right now we are pretty sure we're going with Lauren, but I would love some other suggestions! 
  • @holshmama
    katherine
    jaclyn
    evelyn
    teagan
    aspen
    vivian

you can do a google search for girl names that end in n and you will yield lots of results. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • We were throwing out really random/ridiculous names the other day, and got into listing non-glamorous cities as names. Well, one of us said Rochester, with Rocky as a nickname, and it's officially on the short list. You never know when you'll find a good name. 
  • @Leni410 No clue on what we're naming this LO also. Right now we refer to him as he or Glane Wyo (which is the name my 5 yr nephew suggested). 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had a girl name and boy name picked. DS2 will be Eli Ward. My granny was Elizabeth, which is my middle name and her maiden name was Ward.  She passed 1 month before DH and I met. This would have been her 4th great grandchild and the 2nd named in her honor, my niece's middle name is Elizabeth. I know she would have loved these little "dolls"
  • We're having a girl and we have chosen Hazel for her first name, but can't come up with a middle name we agree on. 

I want ant her to have a double name

i love Hazel Grace, but my DH thinks it's over used. We chose Hazel because no one else has it and I wanted something that you could have seen 100yrs ago. 

My my dad died when I was 14 so if it was a boy we were going to go with something to honor him. His name was Lowell Kenneth.

my mom thinks we should do Hazel Makenna. I like it a little, but I am not sure it would be a good double name(to long). My dad went by Kenny so I would love that she would have a little part of him.

So what do you think about Hazel Makenna?

Any double Name suggestions for Hazel?
  • @jessica&11 my friend named her daughter Hazel Lee which I love. Hazel was on our list for girl names. It was unknowingly a favorite of both of ours. 
  • NxyNxy member
    Hazel is a lovely name but lots of other people have it. Since "the fault in our stars" was released I've met about 10 Hazel Grace's. Which is fine, I wouldn't let that stop me from naming my kiddo that but just know it's not unique as you're thinking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy Maybe this should be a FFFC but I find it so odd that people knowingly name their kids based on a character in a book/movie who dies a tragic death. Those names are the first on my "nope" list! 

I just feel like it's a bad omen. Lol!
  • Right now the front-runner is Cannon Dean. I loved the name Daxton, still do, but DH never got on board. 

Dean is short for Deanda, which was DH's grandfather's middle name. 

I was looking for names that end in "son" but they were all very popular names right now. I don't care to be super original, but I don't want my kid to be one of 5 in his class with the same name. 

Grayson wasn't popular when we chose it for my son, but it is now. Tenley wasn't either, but I'm hearing a lot of it now, too. 

One thing I will always stick to is a normal spelling. Someone asked me if I was going to spell it with a K, like Kannon. No. Someone else spelled my daughter's name "Tynleigh" once. Their names are already different enough without needing extra letters thrown in! Lol!
  • @Nxy LOL! Touché.
  • I'm thinking Abigail Grace for our little girl. We are in Georgia, so this seems like a good classic southern name..Her brother is Zackery, so we would have Zack and Abby!
  • @SarahBethBR
    I love George and Martha for the middle names. I think it's adorable! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DH: 35 & Me: 34
    Married September 2014
    2 fur kitties

• @SarahBethBR we decided on Eleanor for a girl almost a decade ago, so we were just stuck with naming the boy twin. We were mulling over Franklin when we finally made the sibset connection.  Nope! 
  • That's hilarious! Eleanor is going to be our girl twin's first name too! We love it. 

Ours will be Benjamin and Eleanor. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @TRA0816 My name is Abbey- and my husband is Zack!
  • @taylormarie923  My DH and I were out at a dog park last week, and there was a little black poodle mix who was named Franklin, and I just turned to DH and was like, hmm Franklin is a cute name! I don't think DH thought it was so cute, but he did love that I was using the dog park as inspiration for names for our son!  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Eleanor has made it to our short list as well :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TRA0816TRA0816 member
    edited April 2017
    @AbbeyH, That's funny! do you like your name?..;-)
  • kodariahkodariah member
    edited April 2017
    Guys, =/ I've fallen in love with the name Breklan El for my little guy but when i looked it up everywhere came up with Brecklyn which is a girls name. Is Breklan to close? Does it sounds like a boys name?? 
  • kodariah said:
    Guys, =/ I've fallen in love with the name Breklan El for my little guy but when i looked it up everywhere came up with Brecklyn which is a girls name. Is Breklan to close? Does it sounds like a boys name?? 
    I've never heard of that name at all- what roots does it have, out of curiosity? But, to me, Breklan sounds like a boy's name. It rhymes with Declan at least, which is an Irish boy's name. Personally I think you're fine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kodariah I thought it sounded like Declan as well, and assumed it was just a different version. 100% thought it was a boys name. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @kodariah I only know of one, and it's a girl spelled Brecklyn. They call her Breck for short 
  • @kodariah never heard of this name. I wouldn't think one way or another. It just sounds made up to me. But if you like it, go for it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @TRA0816 I do. I was almost always the only one growing up with it. I know it was one of the top names a few years ago- and I still have to remind myself that random women aren't yelling at me, but rather at their kids. 

Natural nicknames go along with it- but nothing too terrible. 

Crabby abbey
    flabby abbey
    abbadabadoo

I am not an Abigail though.