August 2017 Moms

Nursery plans

Mango517Mango517 member
edited March 2017 in August 2017 Moms
One of the things I'm most looking forward to during pregnancy is putting together a nursery. We're in the process of moving out of our current house and into a new house over the next few weeks so we won't be getting around to doing a nursery anytime soon, but that's not stopping me from thinking about it.

Share any plans or progress you've made on the nursery.

Together: January 2002
Married: May 2008
Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nursery plans

• I had a really clear vision with what I wanted for a nursery had this baby been a girl...So finding out I'm having a boy has completely changed what inspiration pics I've been looking at for a nursery. 

If anyone is looking for good inspiration I found the boards from lay baby lay on Pinterest to be really great. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD will be moving into another room soon (the bigger of the two kids rooms). She picked out an adorable elephant quilt for her "big girl bed" and we'll bring over most of the wall decorations, the dresser, and the area rug from her room. No real theme, but everything (other than walls) is sort of pastel teal, pastel purple, and a little bit of pastel pink.

The nursery is painted grey (we were Team Green and plan to be with this LO as well), and there is a white Ikea rocking chair in it, a natural wood crib, a white side-table, and I'll have to get another dresser. Once LO is born, I'll put some decorations on the walls and get an area rug for it :). We kept DD in our bedroom for 9 months before she went into her own room, so I know I'll have some time to outfit the nursery with decorations after birth!
  • We're doing light grey with aqua and yellow accents.  I love Dumbo and elephants.  My mom jokes that our kids are going to think there is only one kind of animal in the world because everything is elephants.
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Our nursery is going to be black and white with pops of color. We plan on using mint as an accent color with peach/navy for a girl and navy for a boy. Our crib is the Babyletto Lolly in black and white (seen below) . I pretty much hate everything that is too babyish and will be making our sheets and bedding to suit my modern style. My BIL screen prints fabric and will be printing sheets with an Ö graffiti type pattern. I'm also making black and white dino sheets and maybe some polka dots too. BIL has already made us some nursery artwork but I'm hoping to design most of it myself. 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @BlackNYellow I have the opposite of modern aesthetic going on in my house, but that inspiration pic is ah-mazing! Can't wait to see finished product!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Our nursery is gender neutral from my son, and since we are team green again, we are just using the same furniture and decor, and moving DS into a big boy room.  We had a safari theme with an emphasis on giraffes.   

Disclaimer: the comforter was just used for the picture... hasn't been used since,  and was a complete waste lol.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• I really want a gray crib and dresser. Has anyone seen one that isn't really expensive. I can't find one that I actually like that's not too expensive!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Right now I'm leaning towards a preppy look to the nursery. Antique wood dresser, navy blue crib, plaids and rugby stripes. 

My husband is a complete car nut and has saved tons of his old car toys so he's pushing for including cars somehow. 

We haven't moved into the new house yet, so I'm not going to decide until I have time to stand in the room and daydream for a bit. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited March 2017
    @britvahok I'm ordering mine of wayfair this time. It's about half the price of the crib we bought through BRU with coupons and discounts but not sure if it's just the style I chose. Wayfair has so many options, I bet you could find an inepensive grey one.
  • middy411 said:
    @britvahok I'm ordering mine of wayfair this time. It's about half the price of the crib we bought through BRU with coupons and discounts but not sure if it's just the style I chose. Wayfair has so many options, I bet you could find an inepensive grey one.
    We got DS's from wayfair. We got our dresser from target,  kids furniture,  but in the home decor part of the store. I had a cartwheel coupon for 30% off and got it for a steal.
  • @britvahok we got ours from Amazon. It's just a simple Graco one but DH did all the research and it meets all the guidelines and the slates are 2" or less apart, making it harder for baby to get limbs stuck between them once he is mobile. Also it's made in the USA. We didn't want the crib to be the focal point since we are doing a wall-sized mountain mural behind it so this was short, simple, and functional all at the same time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y285ET8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @middy411 and @budzynb thanks for the suggestions! I need to hurry up and make my decision because DH will be putting together the furniture next month  :#

• @britvahok My crib will be from Ikea, and its grey, (in the photo in my original post).  We are looking to get a matching dresser, but the one that used to go with that set isnt online anymore, so we will either get one from ikea that is the same color, or go to wayfair for a dresser. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Love that @LivLew
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @budzynb I totally agree! I've tried starting things here before and people shoot them down so I'm done posting discussions or trying to make things more interesting lol. I just comment on the everyday mundane posts. My Feb '16 board was much more exciting. And I'm still a little butthurt about my baby sex poll getting the boot (or moved somewhere that nobody is participating). It was truly my favorite part of my last birth month group!

Anyways, now that I'm done complaining, you're right that the elephants aren't terribly noticeable and will only be on the bed 1/2 of the time since the other sheet set is floral like the quilt. That's why I figure a few dazzling bohemian accents will be cute with or without the elephants. I'm excited to get the furniture in so I can get more inspiration and start shopping for accessories!
  • @budzynb I just got my pump yesterday and have my nursery painted, furniture picked (waiting to order), I thought I was ahead too, but I am early Aug so I am on the July board too and they had breast pump/ nursery boards up so I didn't feel as nuts.
    I think it's because I was born super early and am nervous if we go early I won't be ready. Plus my shower isn't until July so I want to have as much ready as I can since we won't be getting some of our items until then.

Seriously- so glad to have my pump, just so I can figure it out a bit, ensure I have it for the hospital etc. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @tova24 that's really a cute idea! 

I have no idea when our roommate is going to move out, so I'm planning a "nursery in the master bedroom." I'm trying to adopt more of a minimalist lifestyle, so it's probably a good thing I can't fill up another room anyways (I'm really doing a terrible job trying to get started with a more minimalist approach) but I love how you did that! I've been looking for some inspiration
  • @budzynb is your pump covered by insurance. Most insurance companies don't let you get the pump until 30 days before your due. I think the reasoning behind that is most pumps have a 1 year warranty and they don't want you to get the pump too early and waste months of the warranty before LO is here. I think at this point most of us are 20 weeks or more. I don't think you're starting too early with planning. With my first I started months in advance now I have a long mental note that I need to get in a spreadsheet! You should start a breastpump/breastfeeding thread. I'm sure a lot of STMs will have some great advice!

• edited March 2017
    I completely agree with @britvahok. Instead of complaining about it, start the damn thread. I've ordered my pump through Aeroflow(dot)com {which I highly recommend}, but my insurance won't allow it to be delivered before June. 

edit - words are hard
  • I'd love a breastfeeding thread. As a FTM I get a little overwhelmed with all the information, and a lot of the specific threads have been really helpful. 
  • @pinkprincesspiper I might have to start the thread cause I have a question about Areoflow! Did you just complete that basic form and they do everything else for you with insurance. Do you have to pay Aeroflow to use the service. I looked into it and it just seemed to easy...

• @budzynb @britvahok I wasn't a supposed to be able to get my pump until 30 weeks last time but somehow got it around 24 weeks. It came super fast. I think you can get another with each baby but this time I'm on DH's crappy insurance and haven't even be looked into it. I love my Hygeia pump because I opted for the battery option which was clutch. I also got more milk out of it than the Medela they had me using in the hospital. I'm kind s hoping I can just use it again since I stay home now and stopped pumping after about 4 months last time. 
  • britvahok said:
    @pinkprincesspiper I might have to start the thread cause I have a question about Areoflow! Did you just complete that basic form and they do everything else for you with insurance. Do you have to pay Aeroflow to use the service. I looked into it and it just seemed to easy...
    It's so easy, and free! Yep, just fill out the form & they contact your insurance & your OB. They'll provide you with a list of what pumps you qualify for, make your selection, and they mail it to you for free as well. :) 

Looks like this topic def needs its own thread! 
  • @erindippity I looked on Pinterest for inspiration. I typed in small nursery ideas and got a lot of ideas. There was even a pin about how a New York couple made their walk in closet a nursery. 
  • Thread started!

• Anyone have experience with a boy/girl nursery/bedroom? DD will share a room with LO (DS3) when he transitions to her old crib around 6-7 months. DD will be in either a toddler or twin bed (with rail). They'll probably share a bedroom for 2 years max, but I want it reflect both of them. Currently the walls are beige with green & white furniture, pink linens, butterfly decals...
  • @PinkPrincessPiper I dont know if you watch the show Blackish, but the B/G twins in the show share a room, and the room is literally split down the middle boy/girl.  its kinda cute, but not sure its totally feasible. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper my friends kids are similar to yours. The colors/decor are fairly gender neutral. They went with animal/safari theme. Then each kid has their own bedding-complimenting but more gender specific. Her daughter has elephants with purple/ green/gray and her son has lions in green/orange. It is really cute. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!