April 2017 Moms

Baby Names

18910111214»

Re: Baby Names

• @Linny40 I know two people with a daughter named Emerson. One uses the whole name and the other has NN Emmy. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • catem07catem07 member
    edited February 2017
    @linny40 I would go with Emerson not Emersyn. But I tend to be against alternative spellings. It's annoying to have a name you have to spell for people all the time. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Linny40 said:
    We are thinking about using Emerson for our baby girl's name but I know some people dislike it for a girl because they say it is too masculine and means "Emery's Son"...and I don't think we would change it to Emersyn. What do people think about this name for a girl?
    This may be a regional thing, but all the Emerson's I know are girls. They are all adorable. Most of them go by Emme or Emmy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Thanks for all the input!
  • We are naming our baby girl Emerson! I was concerned with it being overly masculine too but no one I've asked seems to think it is. Opting for a more classic middle name either Emerson Kate or Emerson Catherine.

As far as it having son in it.... Allison, Madison, etc. 
  • I think we're going to go more classic and feminine too for the middle name- probably a family name but I'm not sure what yet! Your choices are beautiful! 
  • DH and I are still working on names. I just found out we're having a girl at the shower a few weeks ago. So far Gemma Maeve is ahead of the pack. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • We are struggling for a new boy name! It is impossible for us to agree on another boy name! We have two boys Grayson & Weston. Boy #3 however, is proving to extremely difficult to name! I love Jackson, but my nephew now has been named Jackson. I would love some ideas!
  • @sunshine4talon that is tricky when you've already used two boys names you love and a family member used a third... Here are a few from our early on list that I loved and may go with your sibling set nicely: Emmett, Owen, Alexander. If you want to stick with the -on ending here are a few more: Anderson (NB anders?), Harrison, Dawson. Good luck! Hope you find one you love! 
  • @sunshine4talon I feel like with the boy names you already have, Colton would be a good fit. That was the first name that popped into my head when I read your other 2. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @linny40 My friend has a baby girl, Emerson, after the poet. I love it because it means something to them. Our 1st has a masculine name and this second girl will too. I think it has nothing to do with how feminine they are/will be perceived. 

@kcasset I think Natalie is pretty. My husband is also getting incredibly antsy for me to settle on a name. 

Our newest contenders are: Avery Marie or Elliot Marie or August Marie. I'm not attached to any of them and none of them feel right. Marie is my 1st daughter's middle name and I think we have chosen that place holder out of desperation. We have had such a hard time picking. Nothing feels right. This is exactly what happened the first time and we didn't fill out the birth cert. until we were leaving the hospital. 

• @jennielynn+ My boss and his wife just named their daughter Elliot! I wasn't sure about it at first but LOVE it now. 
  • @jennielynn+ - I'm partial to Avery!

BabyFruit Ticker

• regan22-2regan22-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Have a few names picked out for each gender:) baby's gender is a surprise so not finding out till baby is born:) but for a girl we like first name Rae middle name Ann or Raelynn for a first name and Ann for the middle( Ann is my mom's middle name and my Mother in Laws middle name as well) and my husband Likes Samantha Nicole for a girl(Nicole is my middle name)....i have some boy names picked out though like Ryan James or James Ryan...we shall see!! Every boy name I suggest to hubby he doesn't like lol he just has approved of the girl names! 
  • We are having a boy this go round, he will be Killian William Marshall 
  • @WakeupMakeupCoffee loooove Killian! It was on my list if we had a boy. Also love the way the whole name flows with those double lls. 
  • jglowjglow member
    I need help! I think we've narrowed our daughter's name down to either Inessa (pronounced e-nessa) Patrice or Corinne (pronounced Cor-in) Patrice. I don't know how to make the decision. Opinions on either? 
  • @jglow If you are concerned about pronunciation as baby gets older, goes to school, and becomes an adult, here are my two cents. Inessa - I automatically look at and pronounce eye-nessa instead of the e-nessa that you said. Whereas, I would pronounce Corinne exactly how you are showing it. If pronunciation doesn't bother you, then my opinion here probably doesn't matter, but I grew up with a name that no one would ever get right, so its something that I am sensitive to when picking out names for my LOs.
  • jglowjglow member
    edited March 2017
    @KirstenH88 - Thanks for that feedback. That's helpful. My husband and I haven't discussed names with anyone else so I didn't think about the possibility of the pronunciation eye-nessa.  One hesitation I have with Corinne is that my son's name ends in -ine with the same soft I pronunciation (Augustine- Au-GUS-tin).  He mostly goes by Gus but I don't know if having both ending in the same sound would be weird or not. 
  • @jglow I agree with @KirstinH88. I definitely mispronounced it at before I read your explanation. I'm also not super familiar with the name Inessa, so I think you're likely to get some side-eye from people who consider it to be made-up or younique.

I don't think that Corinne and Augustine sound the same when I say them out loud...maybe because the way I pronounce Corinne has the emphasis on the last syllable (cor-IN) and Augustine doesn't? I don't think they're too matchy, especially if he goes by Gus.
  • @jglow I think I agree with @KirstinH88 too. Actually in my head I pronounced it IN-nessa. Not Eye- or ee- either one. If she went by Nessa most of the time it wouldn't matter. Personally I like Corinne. 
  • jglowjglow member
    @HGRICH and @SnarkasaurusRex Thank you! I do think the pronunciation would probably end up being more like IN-nessa. The name is a European variation of Inez, which we like too but doesn't really go with our polish last name. One of my hesitations with Inessa has been that it might seem "made-up" like @SnarkasaurusRex suggested. 
  • @jglow I second what's already been said. I pronounced it with the "eye" sound at the start when I read inessa. I also agree with @snarkasaurusrex the Corinne and Augustine do not seem too similar to use as a sibling set especially with nicknames, but maybe that's because when I say Augustine in my head the end sounds more like -teen than -tin. I like Corrine! I also like Cora if you're worried about them being too similar and want a variation. Good luck!! 
  • @jglow  my vote goes for Corinne, I love that name/!!!  If you want a different ending, there is always Corinna, but I prefer Corinne!
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • I love the name Corinne! That was on my list of favorites but I think DH vetoed it for some reason.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • jglowjglow member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks so much @BabyBlake042017, @smallanimal, and @schef070911. I really appreciate the feedback! I think I'm closer to being decided - now it might be a matter of DH and I coming to an agreement ;)  
  • @jglow I like Inessa but, probably because Corinne is more popular where I am. I wouldn't think to pronounce it incorrectly either but, again, it might be where I am from. Both are lovely with the middle name Patrice!
  • Ok, so DH and I *think* we may have agreed on a boy's name. It was not a name originally on our list, but talking about it the other night, we both really like Elijah- or Eli for short. One one of my colleagues had a baby last summer and named him Elijah. He was the adopted baby I donated all my breast milk to. We don't really socialize outside of work, so would it be awkward to name a baby the same name? 

We both also like Wesley, but DH has a guy who reports to him with that name, and he thinks that would be weird. Gosh, this baby better be a girl, or we may leave the hospital with a nameless boy.
  • @rachelmiller03 Boy names are so hard! I don't think it's weird to name him Elijah. You don't socialize with your colleague outside of work, so I think you're fine.
  • @rachelmiller03 I agree with @KirstinH88 I do not think it would be weird to use the same name if it is the one you like most, go for it! 
  • I don't think it would be weird at all to name him Elijah!

Our girl list consists of: Claire, Dylan, Kaya, Violet & Charlotte for this baby. I need to see what she looks like before I can commit.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Soooo... am I the only one without a solid name contender? We're team green so we have to think of names for both sexes buuuttt...
  • @RachelGreene we have a set girl name, it's the same name we would have used if DS had been a girl. But our boys names.... nada. We keep changing our minds, can't agree on anything, and haven't even begun to think about middle names. Why are names so hard?
  • @RachelGreene, we have a list and know it's a girl, but haven't narrowed it down. In fact, DH keeps trying to add more. We always name baby after birth though. It tends to take us about a week.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I'm thinking that once we meet the baby he or she will be easier to name.  Hopefully... everyday I tell my husband that the name Bean (baby's nickname) isn't too bad. 
  • paidhourspaidhours member
    edited September 2023
    Get details on the NHS pay scales for the year 2023/24 https://paidhours.co.uk/nhs-hourly-pay/
  • edited November 2023
    The latest ApkMinors versions of games that you can download for free https://apkminors.com/