May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 2.20 - 2.24

167891012»

Re: Randoms and Questions 2.20 - 2.24

• Options
    mrsrep123 said:
    rkstro2 said:
    @hp_momma haha sorry but greys is the furthest thing from the truth.  Most importantly nobody at any hospital where I've ever worked is that hot!  Lol.  Also the coming to work and going home in the daylight is a farce especially for surgical residents and surgeons.  And don't get me started on the medical aspects :).  

@SWE2 I agree about scrubs.  It is so realistic as far as how residents are treated and the hospital interactions on there are much more like what has happened to me IRL.  
    Hahaha... YES... or how the doctors do everything on the show because nurses, respiratory therapists, phlebotomists, etc. don't exist at Seattle Grace. BUT, I still watch it  :p
    Agree with all the above! I love Greys but it's so unbelievably inaccurate. In general the medical aspect of it is the least of my concern - it's often close enough, other than totally unrealistic code/cardiac arrest situations. It makes me annoyed that there are NO ancillary staff or nursing staff. Drs take their patients to MRI, draw blood, ambulated post surgical patients etc. So irritating. But I won't stop watching! (Although no spoilers because I haven't watched since mid season break this year. I'm saving for spring break :)
  • Options
    See, I knew it was too good to be true. Although I'm probably more glad that all that nonsense does NOT go on in a normal hospital. But I'm still a die hard Greys fan even when they kill of my favorite people. 

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot The only "legal" show I watch is SVU reruns but it's pretty obvious (at least to me) that cases/investigations don't run that quickly. Although wouldn't it be nice?! 

I know there's a new comedy out called "Teachers" but I haven't got around to watching it because just the commercials itself seem ridiculous and would probably make me mad to see how inaccurate it was! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love greys but being a nurse it makes me pull my hair out sometimes :) but I can't quit watching!
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @hp_momma luckily there is a special version for medical that is only 19 days! I don't think husband is going to do it though, we are still debating it. 
    @wombthereitis and @hp_momma.  I can relate with CCC.  My DH is scheduled for CCC (19 day medical) in June.  I'm not wild about being home alone with newborn and toddler for that long.  

My DH is a PA.  He's already a captain.  So we have to do it for the next promotion. What does yours do in the medical field.  
  • Options
    @rebecca517. I'm Rh negative and got my shot on Thursday in the behind.  It wasn't sore at all. I didn't have one during first tri. I'm sorry your arm is sore.  
  • Options
    clebl24 said:
    @hp_momma luckily there is a special version for medical that is only 19 days! I don't think husband is going to do it though, we are still debating it. 
    @wombthereitis and @hp_momma.  I can relate with CCC.  My DH is scheduled for CCC (19 day medical) in June.  I'm not wild about being home alone with newborn and toddler for that long.  

My DH is a PA.  He's already a captain.  So we have to do it for the next promotion. What does yours do in the medical field.  
    My DH just submitted his packet for PA school! So fingered crossed we will find out good news in July-ish. 

My DH has some field training for a few weeks in June too, I'll have a newborn, toddler, and 5yr old! So not looking forward to it either. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @hp_momma congrats on submitting the application!  Hopefully your DH hears soon!  Fingers crossed for you guys! 
  • Options
    @hp_momma.  Best of luck to DH getting into the program.  San Antonio is a lot of fun.  The PA program is intense, but also a great education.  My DH finished his clinicals in September 2010 and has been practicing for almost 7 years.  Definitely keep me updated and let me know if you guys have any questions.  
  • Options
    @hp_momma and @mrsfreeman2010  I'm also a die hard GA fan.  I thought I may quit after they killed off Patrick Dempsey (I cried a lot), but decided to keep watching. It's a hot mess, but I can't watch it if my husband is around bc he constantly interrupts to tell me how unrealistic it is.  
  • Options
    clebl24 said:
    @hp_momma.  Best of luck to DH getting into the program.  San Antonio is a lot of fun.  The PA program is intense, but also a great education.  My DH finished his clinicals in September 2010 and has been practicing for almost 7 years.  Definitely keep me updated and let me know if you guys have any questions.  
    DH was in San Antonio for BOLC a few summers ago so he's excited to go back again. Even if he doesn't get PA, his CCC is there too. I'll keep you updated, packets were all due March 1 and then they are "supposed" to have decisions out by July, but his friend who's in the program now said last year they delayed decisions until End of August! I'm anxious to just know. His packet seems pretty competitive so I think he has a good chance! 

He was a medic on the enlisted side so he always complains about how unrealistic GA is to me as well. I swore to stop watching when McDreamy was killed off (and I still think it's not the same!) but here I am watching it again... I've been a diehard fan from season 1 so I feel like I have to see it finished! I also watched Private Practice when they had that spin-off and I wish it was still on! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    clebl24 said:8
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot you mean Suits isn't realistic either!?!? Lol. My dreams of becoming a fake Associate at a high powered law office are dead now.
    I'm binge watching Suits on Amazon right now. It's a joke, but I'm addicted.  I've also tossed around using Harvey as a middle name if we have a boy.  
    I just started watching it a few weeks ago and I'm addicted as well. I'm on season 3 and I still think Harvey is so much like Jeff from Community but my husband can't see it.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    clebl24 said:
    @hp_momma and @mrsfreeman2010  I'm also a die hard GA fan.  I thought I may quit after they killed off Patrick Dempsey (I cried a lot), but decided to keep watching. It's a hot mess, but I can't watch it if my husband is around bc he constantly interrupts to tell me how unrealistic it is.  
    Oh no... I'm like 4 seasons behind.

Not going to lie, though, I've had trouble watching it where I'm currently at. I feel like it took a very soap opera turn.