August 2017 Moms

Sex Announcement

Re: Sex Announcement

• szwill86 said:
    @anokoch me too! I'm team green but am having that internal Kermit meme struggle while filling out my Panorama NIPT paperwork with checking the "find out the sex/do not find out the sex" box!
    Always go with hooded Kermit. He's more fun. 
  • middy411 said:
    @britvahok I'm not sure I'll ever see this spreadsheet as I only use the mobile app. We had something like this for Feb '16. 
    I checked it constantly to see how it changed even after people were giving birth. Nice to have something you can just see on the app itself.
    that's so much better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with @middy411. I only use the mobile app, so I never see the spreadsheet. I like the idea of a poll though!
  • We are finding out on Sunday. I had the horizon test done at 10 weeks and the results came a week later... I've had the envelope sitting on our shelf for 8 days!!!! We are waiting for DH mom and sister to arrive in town this week. It's killing me!!
    we are letting our 3.5 yr old son open a balloon box! 
    Eat Sleep DanceimageBabyFruit Ticker BFP 12/10/2012 - Strong numbers and baby HB 169!
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited February 2017
    I don't see the link to the poll anywhere
  • Its in the original post of page 1 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I love this cake idea! I'm 13w 6d and prob won't find out until 18-20w u/s
  • NewMommy-34NewMommy-34 member
    edited February 2017
    I like the gender poll! I really feel like we're having a boy, which is what we're hoping
  • BOY! Found out with a blood test. 

I love this cake idea! I won't find out until prob 18-20 weeks
  • I'm extremely impatient so we went to a private ultrasound place where they specialize in early ultrasounds. At 14 weeks (Saturday) the tech says it's a boy. I swore up and down it was going to be a girl because this pregnancy is SO different from my pregnancy with DS. But the tech said she was absolutely positive it is a boy. So for now we are Team Blue unless I find out otherwise, haha.
  • I'm extremely impatient so we went to a private ultrasound place where they specialize in early ultrasounds. At 14 weeks (Saturday) the tech says it's a boy. I swore up and down it was going to be a girl because this pregnancy is SO different from my pregnancy with DS. But the tech said she was absolutely positive it is a boy. So for now we are Team Blue unless I find out otherwise, haha.
    I'm feeling the same way! My husband thinks it's a girl but I have a feeling it will be another boy!! Eek! 
    I'm right there with you! We are doing the same thing this weekend at 15 weeks! So excited and I'm positive it's a boy so we shall see!!! 
  • We're having a boy. I am nervous. I have 5 nieces. I don't know anything about boys!! Also, are boys names boring or is it just me? Don't tell anyone I'm being weird about this. I've only wanted this baby for 5 years, now I'm being freaky about having a boy.
    Not weird at all! I only had a middle name picked out for a boy after my grandpa and was really struggling to find boy names I liked!
  • I love your story @donehue!
    A couple of months before we conceived, I dreamt that I had a baby girl with a strong Irish name and two middle names. We are indeed having a girl, and decided on a different Irish first name, but kept the two middle names. My fiancé is Irish/Scottish and I'm Italian. Pretty neat
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited February 2017
    I decided to wait till my doctor normally does their US and they wait till 19 weeks at the least to do it. I figured it was so they wouldn't have to worry about telling me the wrong gender. That's what I tell myself so I don't get one sooner haha
  • I'm supposed to find out my baby's gender about a week after my birthday. I'm hoping I can get my doctor to let me do it on my birthday. That would be an amazing birthday! I'll be 19weeks then so it should be just fine right, I can't wait to know...
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited February 2017
    @Knottiedbf930c6a9e6cf18 the genitalia should be developed by 15 weeks. I found out at 15 weeks at an elective ultrasound place with my first. Most docs wait til 18-20 weeks to do the anatomy scan but that is about much more than the sex. I'm going to find out next week at 16 weeks by an elective 3D ultrasound because my doc office ultrasound tech is super mean and rude and I was so glad we didn't find out the sex of our baby through her the first time.
  • They shouldn't allow people like that to work with pregnant women. We are usually happy and excited and they can ruin an experience for us. I'm using an OB that was recommended to me by a friend and I'm loving them. Only downside is I have to go to other places to get my tests done and any ultrasound after the first one.