February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/23)

• You guys are making me feel much better about the future of TGP! Nobody we know in real life watches it. 
  • I was never interested in that show because the premise looked silly... now I need to go watch it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @krob I love his character!! 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger :# that sounds like crazy talk in my world
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger whoah Nelly. I wouldn't know how to process that either! I hope they can really make it work, I've seen so many relationships get kicked into high gear because of a deployment. It's natural but both a tour and a marriage are such life changing events, 
  • @krob please tell him that he is a national treasure. 
  • Oh wow @LivingLaVidaGinger. That is intense! I do know of one couple that got married that young and is doing well now three years in (also military) so it can work, but it's gotta be so tough. Is he a pretty mature/serious guy?
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I got married at 21 before we had graduated college, I know it's slightly older but still pretty young. It's seemed to have worked out so far...  :p
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger my friend and his wife got married before his navy deployment. Neither of them have family so he wanted her to be taken care of if something happened. They had some rough patches but they're happily married for 11 years now. It can work if they are mature!
  • +1 for the Good Place,  we love that show!   

I just had two bowls of Apple Jacks for breakfast and they were delicious.   Trying to use up some of the cereal boxes in my pantry because we are out of room.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger 19 seems so young! But my sister's stepdaughter got married to her high school sweetheart when they were 19, she was pregnant, and he had just entered the Navy. Seven years and two kids later, they are still very happily married! So it can definitely work...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger Another success story! My BFF in high school married her high school sweetheart when she was only 19 and he was in the Marines. They've been married almost 7 years and have a DD and a DS due in March :)
  • Another +1 on The Good Place! DH and I really like it
  • @lap018 That is awesome!
  • I'm so so happy for you @lap018!! ❤
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not, but I am interested in knowing if anyone is trying out and of the "old wives tales" to induce or help with labor. i.e. dates, raspberry leaf tea, acupuncture, sex etc and what their experiences and results have been. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I second @krob's question!  I am doing acupuncture, raspberry leaf tea, and having sex (ugh haha) - but FTM so no idea if these are helping/will help at all.  I'm 37 weeks and as of today my cervix is soft but not dilated.  I've been seeing my acupuncturist every two weeks for the whole pregnancy, and she is going to start the induction points tomorrow and we will do them weekly from now until I deliver with the goal of going into spontaneous labor by 40 weeks.  My family history is that my mom and sister both had to be induced at 42 (ish) weeks with both of their babies, so I'm hoping to avoid induction if possible.
  • Awwww @lap018 I'm soooo happy for you!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats on baby's heartbeat @lap018! <3
    And continued prayers for your brother's girlfriend's healing, both physical and emotional.

For the raspberry tea leaf drinkers, how often are you drinking it? More than a cup a day? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lap018lap018 member
    edited January 2017
    @krob with my last I tried all the things!!! Minus castor oil and I still had to be induced at 41+1. Womp womp... so I agree with @concreteangell and @poetryandoceans (I think we posted at the same time)
  • @lap018 squeee!! I'm so happy you got to see the heartbeat! Also glad to hear that your brother's girlfriend is doing better, I hope she has everything she needs to continue healing. <3
  • @krob I have been having sex more, walking the best I can (but it's so uncomfortable!) and making my food a little spicy but I doubt any of those will help except maybe sex if he's already getting close. I'll try acupuncture if needed after my EDD. 
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    @tentacular I'M sorry you've been sick, but glad you are still here!! I hope you start feeling better soon!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger my best friend married her HS sweetheart at 19, he was in the marines, and they've been married 7 years now & are going strong. A few bumps, but thats any marriage, especially when you're young.
    Me & H eloped after 6 months when he was in the Navy, but I was 22 and H turned 25 that weekend. In that timespan, we've also seen several of his Navy buddies go through marriages and divorces due to immaturity. Usually, it's been a pattern of the girl not being as committed, or not quite understanding the life change of being married into the military. Not to be discouraging because it can definitely work, they just both need to be on the same page about what they want & expect. Sending good vibes for them!

@lap018 I'm glad they were able to get some sort of closure for that heartbreaking situation.. As for your new little rainbow, I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats, and I'll be here cheering you along!

• @lap018 Congratulations on the healthy heartbeat! So exciting!

@krob I tried to eat some dates today, but I only made it through 2. I'm going to have to do a lot better the next few weeks if I have any hope of them working.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I don't know if this is even a thing but I know Larabars are made with mostly all dates. That might be a good alternative if you think dates are gross. At least there's like chocolate chips in them haha!
  • @lap018 Yay! So exciting!! You are always welcome here. I'm also glad to hear the news about your SIL. That is such a tragedy but I'm glad they got those comforts.