June 2017 Moms

The Nursery Thread

Re: The Nursery Thread

• @TGmomtobe90, the $1 section at my Target had really pretty pink wooden butterfly wall hangings, they'd look great with your theme and I couldn't believe they were so cheap (they might've been $3, but still!). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @mamaelle27 I will definitely have to check out target! 
  • Anyone looking for wallpaper ideas should check out the Detroit Wallpaper Company - they do awesome work! They can make pretty much anything custom! 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• @Wearmi1 I love those prints! The little unicorns look so happy <3
  • For those just using rail covers, are you nervous about legs getting stuck?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited January 2017
    @Ashcicle To avoid legs getting stuck, I'm getting this breathable mesh liner:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=64574636&cp=&parentPage=search

Babies can still breathe if pressed against it. And it comes in many different colors!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @ashcicle  I can't do bumpers (even breathable ones) or rail covers. It makes me way too anxious. DS was in a crib for 3 years, never had an issue with limbs getting stuck, so we are steering clear again.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• My style for boys hasn't changed much since my son(2.5) his name is Archer and it was in mint and soft green with either and wood accents. Lots of arrows and deers! 

This is little guys name is Fletcher (the feather on an arrow is called Fletch)

im thinking monochrome black and white modern room. With accents of gray perhaps. I'm just bummed because the rocking chair we have is brown fabric- is sure I can recover it somehow, I'd hate to buy a new one because it's in perfect condition!

Heres a style I like.

• @Ashcicle To avoid legs getting stuck, I'm getting this breathable mesh liner:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=64574636&cp=&parentPage=search

Babies can still breathe if pressed against it. And it comes in many different colors!
    We have this for DD! It works great :)
  • @krschutz I love it! If we were having a boy I would be letting my husband have his Star Wars nursery too. But we're not. I did let him have a Star Wars pregnancy announcement and sex reveal party though!

• @Krshultz That rug is amazing!!!
  • @Xath you made those bins?  Am so jealous of your talent right now - they are adorable!
  • XathXath member
    edited January 2017
    @caribbeanmama Thanks!  Yeah, I built them from scratch (and spent entirely too much $$ in the process).  If I were doing it again, I'd probably start with Ikea Drona bins and just cover them.  But I am really happy with how they turned out.  

@HgPa  @krschutz  I've seen that rug before (and I love that nursery theme).  https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e071/

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mrtmrt member
    My nursery is painted green and I have green and brown bedding with elephants on it from my boys. I don't want to repaint, but if it's confirmed that this is a girl, I'll probably want to get some new bedding and accents to make it more feminine. Any ideas? It's a muted green, but definitely not pastel.
  • We are having a boy, so we have decided to do mint green, navy, and gray! Probably use arrows for accent decor
  • @mrt  I know pink isn't exactly creative for girls, but I think pink and green are lovely together.  Maybe with cream accents?
  • jennas312jennas312 member
    edited January 2017
    I'm liking the lilac and mint color scheme.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrtmrt member
    Didn't think of pink and green for some reason, even though my room was pink and green as a kid! I found this name banner, I could make something like that and get pink bedding and call it a day!
  • @wifeinraleigh28 gorgeous!!

i ordered my bedding and crib too!  What mattress are you ladies looking to purchase?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone else having problems deciding on a theme with their SO? We are on completely different pages. Our oldest has a blue room... I want something different we are having a boy. He wants dark deep colors and I want lighter colors... I am glad we still have months to decide!
  • My husband is extremely color blind, so i decide everything. I love it!
  • @Ashcicle LOVE those unicorns! And I had my eye on that Jenny Lind crib too as an option! As for mattress, I think I've decided on the Colgate Eco-Classica III. Seems to be very highly rated and made of good, natural materials.

• @ellie111227 MH is also colorblind!  It makes some decisions really simple.
  • Hubby wants to really do this to one wall.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennas312 Lovely! Is that your nursery? If so, is the bedding from PBK? I feel like I saw something similar. Love the colors!

• @krschutz I love it! If we were having a boy I would be letting my husband have his Star Wars nursery too. But we're not. I did let him have a Star Wars pregnancy announcement and sex reveal party though!
    @wifeinraleigh28 that's awesome!! We thought about a Star Wars gender reveal but just went with standard balloons lol my husband even had to sneak in Luke for a middle name
  • @wifeinraleigh28 just an idea off of pinterest. I haven't found that bedding yet.  We're starting next weekend. Second picture is a friend's nursery.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go through moments where I want to change everything.  DH is gonna kill me if I change my mind one more time...but I keep finding things I like better!  Thankfully, the only things that I'm currently "iffy" on are a few wall art prints that I bought from etsy...so only a grand total of about $40 or something. 

This darn gender scan needs to happen STAT so I can just move forward with a color scheme!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• @jennas312 my husband and I did that kind of wainscoting in our bedroom and I love it! I think it would be great in a baby room! 
  • We finally figured it out! We are going to do this bedding...with this crib and dresser... skipping the armoire. We already have the grey curtains up in her room that will pull from the stitching on the bedding. And we are going to get a dark grey rocker/ottoman. Now to figure out the rest of the decor  :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @BellaO21 Where is that bedding from? It's so pretty! :)