June 2017 Moms
Options

The Nursery Thread

Re: The Nursery Thread

• Options
    Love that lavender and mint combo.

We're team green so we're going with a primarily grey and white room with touches of pastel. And a  few sheep details. BRU has a pretty cute sheep mobile that I've eyed.
  • Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 Thank you! It's from Babies R 'Us! One of the few they had that wasn't any type of animal themed lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 So gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the room when it's all complete! We ended up ordering the extras that came with our bedding too, including the curtains, lamp shade, etc. But our set did not come with a boppy cover! Kinda jealous! :smiley:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @jennas312. Do you know where the crib is from in your second photo? I love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This came in the mail today from PBK and is now hanging out in our furniture-less nursery :love:

OMG, you're like a soul sister!  I ordered the grey elephant rocker from PBK and it's in our nursery as well!  I LOVE IT!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    In laws are buying us bedding.  What do we ask for? More than the 4 pack packages right?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krex @wifeinraleigh28 Those are adorable! 
  • Options
    BellaO21 said:
    DH just finished painting the nursery and putting up the baby's chandelier! Can't wait to get her furniture!! 
    I love this!
  • Options
    @krex Hell yes!! I love the rockers from PBK! I almost chose the gray one, but my DH and his dad decided our little girl needed pink, haha. I wasn't going to argue with that logic. Did you see some of the other ones they have? I wish we could have them all :love:

@BellaO21 Beautiful chandelier and cute stripes on the wall! Can't wait to see the finished product later!

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 @caribbeanmama thanks! The chandelier was on clearance at Lowe's and I couldn't resist  :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Loving all these nursery ideas. Was wondering if any of you had suggestions for not having an actual room for the new baby. Our current space is small (2 bedroom) and so my 2 daughters will share a room while the new baby is in ours. It's a fairly good size room so I was thinking about splitting the room up with a curtain or something. Any one do/is doing something similar cause I'm lacking in inspiration. Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BellaO21 I am so in love with your nursery! I've wanted to do a chandelier but have struggled to find a reasonable cute one! Also love the pink stripes! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished!
  • Options
    Loving all these nursery ideas. Was wondering if any of you had suggestions for not having an actual room for the new baby. Our current space is small (2 bedroom) and so my 2 daughters will share a room while the new baby is in ours. It's a fairly good size room so I was thinking about splitting the room up with a curtain or something. Any one do/is doing something similar cause I'm lacking in inspiration. Thanks!
    Although we had a separate nursery, DS was in our room for a long time and the nursery was used mostly in the day by our nanny.  If you really don't want to see baby's stuff I guess you could use a curtain but I would just embrace the sharing and try to integrate the design.  I think it would depend on how big is big.  Is your room big enough for a crib?  Because I think this is your biggest footprint to consider.  I had a bassinet for the first 6 months (Baby Bjorn halo bassinet - I personally don't like the design and size of the pack and plays but that would be your other option) - and it was right next to the bed.  Then the baby's stuff I fit into a couple baskets which sit on a low lying table we had in the room already (diapers, wipes, moisturizer - they don't need much), and give the baby a drawer for clothes and sheets.  You could change the baby on the bed with a changing pad liner.  We then had a Baby Bjorn bouncer that has a small footprint - and we kept that in the bathroom for showers.
  • Options
    I an doing mint and gray for my neutral nursery. Any suggestions for mint color to paint accents?
  • Options
    @BellaO21 I am so in love with your nursery! I've wanted to do a chandelier but have struggled to find a reasonable cute one! Also love the pink stripes! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished!
    Thank you!  :) Lowe's has a couple that are reasonably priced (under $100) if you want a "mini" one... I also scoped out a few antique shops in my area! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @krex Hell yes!! I love the rockers from PBK! I almost chose the gray one, but my DH and his dad decided our little girl needed pink, haha. I wasn't going to argue with that logic. Did you see some of the other ones they have? I wish we could have them all :love:

@BellaO21 Beautiful chandelier and cute stripes on the wall! Can't wait to see the finished product later!
    Oh, absolutely!  Had we know whether it was a girl, we might have gone pink.  As it was, we bought it even before we were matched.  I also LOVE the penguin one...so cute!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    I don't want this to get buried in the randoms post, don't want to be an AW with a one-off post, and it is decorating oriented....

Anyone good with their white paint colors?

I've tried SW Everyday White and it looks taupe/pinky-purple undertones during certain times of the day... so disappointing as I painted all bedrooms this color... we have a mix of cool and warm neutrals for furniture so I'm struggling!

I need to paint the nursery and my twin's bedroom... thinking of white (I know, not very 'fun') but can't seem to find the 'right' white... I just used SW Greek Villa in our hall bathroom and it has a yellow/buttery undertone... slightly brighter but similar to BM White Dove.

Twins big boy room is going to be more black/white and nursery will be combo of grey, white, some blue and black for accents.  If it helps, our hardwoods are stained Minwax Provincial and I already bought this rug for my twins' bedroom - which I'm already questioning/looking to sell on a local fb exchange group (DH would KILL me!!).

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Modern-Handmade-Moroccan-Black-Wool-Rug-6-x-9/7974539/product.html
  • Options
    @michaela0704 What kind of white are you looking for? Or are you asking for shade of white (is that a thing?! Haha) suggestions?

• Options
    @michaela0704

Cool white - sw pure white
    Warm white - sw alabaster
    I always get samples and put on multiple wall's and look at different times of day before I make my decision
  • Options
    @silliegirlie143 unfortunately shades of white paint is a thing and it is infuriating to try to figure out... esp. for the non-interior design person that I am.

@ama7165 I love SW Alabaster but when I painted samples of it when doing our hall bath it looked like it had greenish-pink in our lighting.  So frustrating as it looks great on eveything in Fixer Upper... I am leaning towards a warm white though.

• Options
    @michaela0704 I was also struggling with whites when we moved into our house, and ended up going with Swiss Coffee OC-45 based on a suggestion from a designer friend. It's a warm off white (but much whiter than the name implies) and I've been super happy with it so far.
    me: 33 DH:37
    married 2011
    mmc June 2016

BFP 9/26/16
    EDD 6/8/16
  • Options
    @noellehm thanks for the tip!  I am leaning warm white, I just have a very bad habit of picking warm neutrals that end up looking pink at least for some portion of the day... I'll check out Swiss Coffee :)
  • Options
    @michaela0704 Shoji White is one of our go-to warm white.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I love that grey! 
    @jennas312 they're both super cute... even though I really like the bottom one, I love how the teal breaks up all the purple in the top set! Either way, you can't go wrong. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Lovely gray! We have a soft gray in our nursery as well... BM Revere Pewter. What color is yours? I love grays. In fact, my entire house is soft grays and blues.

@jennas312 I LOVE the second one, so much so in fact that I was going to buy it (see page 1 of this thread). But I ended up getting something else at a little boutique when DH and I went shopping with my in laws. If I were buying though, that is the set I would've ended up with! Love them both though :)

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 it's Valspar Polar Star, the same thing that's in our living room and hallway!  :#
  • Options
    @jennas312 I instantly had this scene come to mind when I saw the 2 sets... for real though, they are both beautiful, you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    @jennas312 I instantly had this scene come to mind when I saw the 2 sets... for real though, they are both beautiful, you can't go wrong.
    Lol!
    The bottom one was soft colors in person. The other one I only saw online so not sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

• Options
    I like the bottom one! @jennas312
  • Options
    We want to do a dinosaur theme now that we know it's a boy. I'm having a hard time finding anything really online. We went to babies R Us earlier and there was nothing there too.