June 2017 Moms

Anatomy Scans Thread

Re: Anatomy Scans Thread

• slssls member
    OK, so the consensus is no need to hold my pee... especially since I, too, am peeing rather frequently.

I cannot think of any reason why you'd need a transvaginal scan at 20 weeks. Those are used to see small things, and I didn't even have one at the dating scan during any of my pregnancies. Maybe if you have a cyst or something? But not for the baby.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Loading the player...
  • Due to being under staffed the only day they could fit me in is the day before I hit 21 weeks according to my lmp, thing is my last US dated baby a day earlier ( I know it's a day, but I still wonder if I should push to get a different day) I see my midwive in two days I'll just have to wait and see what she thinks. Normally I wouldn't think a day off would be a big deal but she bolded the cut off date like it was extra important, and she hadn't received my ultrasound results at the time she ordered my AS. 

they told me I did NOT have to have a full bladder for the AS. 
  • Mine is scheduled for Thursday and I'm getting nervous!  I didn't have any of the genetic testing done so I feel like I have a lot to worry about.  I'm sure the week will drag on like molasses.
  • We're going on Saturday morning. Is the ultrasound sound machine of higher quality than the ones used before? Some pics look 3D. I'm nervous and excited at the same time!
  • Am I supposed to eat something beforehand? Sounds like some of you ate sugar. My doctor didn't say anything. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennas312 the discussion of sugar came up as my LO was stubborn for his/her NT scan and I wanted to make sure that he/she is active enough to "show the goods" so I dont get stuck not knowing.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @NYCProf Every place is different, so some will have machines that can do 3D and others won't.

@jennas312 I wasn't told anything about eating or drinking something before the scan. And I didn't, and all was fine.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • My anatomy scan is tomorrow morning and I'm now entering freak out mode.  My scan was almost moved up due to concerns over the type of abdominal pain I had for a couple of weeks, but since I wasn't bleeding my OB kept it as is.  18w tomorrow... still not feeling pregnant... still no movement (not overly concerned there).... still not gaining the weight back that I lost.  
  • Good luck tomorrow @Elyse1384!! I'm sure all is well. I can't wait to hear your update!

• jennas312 said:
    Am I supposed to eat something beforehand? Sounds like some of you ate sugar. My doctor didn't say anything. 
    Depends how sleepy your baby is typically. I only had a glass of juice and baby slept the whole time, we didn't get to see the sex of the baby (which is a blessing now because surprises are amazing) but if I had a second chance I would have woken baby up because it was very difficult for the tech to get the shots 
  • I have no idea if baby is sleepy or not lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Elyse1384 said:
    My anatomy scan is tomorrow morning and I'm now entering freak out mode.  My scan was almost moved up due to concerns over the type of abdominal pain I had for a couple of weeks, but since I wasn't bleeding my OB kept it as is.  18w tomorrow... still not feeling pregnant... still no movement (not overly concerned there).... still not gaining the weight back that I lost.  
    Will be thinking of you @Elyse1384 Hope that everything turns out alright!
  • @TGmomtobe90 great news on your scan today. I hope the echo goes well later this month.
  • @Elyse1384 good luck tomorrow!  Hoping for great news!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Good luck tomorrow, @Elyse1384!

@jennas312, mine said to eat. I always drink something sugary beforehand to ensure an awake baby. This time I get to drink my glucola before, baby will be bouncing!
  • Mines in 4 weeks! I'll for sure eat something on the way there. Haven't decided if I'll just drink orange juice or Dr. Pepper. I don't want it moving TOO much!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good luck tomorrow @Elyse1384

With DD's anatomy scan, I hadn't eaten in a bit and she was so sleepy that they gave me juice and then literally had me jumping up and down to get the views they needed. This time around I had a bit of an iced latte - definitely did the trick! Little guy was quite the wiggle worm 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Glad to hear all went well with your scans @TGmomtobe90 and @Elyse1384. Sorry about the cyst! I had a similar surprise at my AS when the tech said I have a uterine fibroid, which was never mentioned at my IVF clinic when I had a bajillion scans to prep for my FET. So either it popped up out of nowhere or they just never told me about it. My MFM isn't concerned about it though and said it won't affect my pregnancy at all.

• @Elyse1384 I'm sorry to hear about your cyst but yay for healthy baby! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Happy to hear everything went well @Elyse1384! Sorry about the cyst though. Fingers crossed it doesn't grow on you.
  • @Elyse1384 so glad to hear the little one is doing great!!  I have PCOS-IR and those cysts can be excruciating... hope it shrinks and starts causing less pain for you!!
  • So glad baby is doing well, @Elyse1384. Fellow PCOS sufferers unite.  :/ Hope it starts to shrink.
  • @Elyse1384 so happy to hear about the healthy baby, so sorry about the cyst.  Hoping it shrinks and leaves you alone very quickly.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @Wearmi1 thinking of you, hope everything goes well!

• Best of luck @Wearmi1 - sending lots of prayers your way!
  • So many thoughts and prayers to you and baby girl tomorrow,@wearmi1!
  • @Elyse1384  Thinking tiny cyst thoughts. PCOS is no joke never realized how many women have it until I joined the fertility treatment world.

@Wearmi1 keep us posted, luckily with live in a world with great medicinal technologies. Best of luck.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Best of luck to you @Wearmi1! Thinking positive thoughts!

• @Wearmi1, Fingers crossed for some sort of positive news tomorrow.  

• @Wearmi1 thinking of you and hoping for the best news from your appointment tomorrow!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @Wearmi1 Hope things go well tomorrow!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • @Wearmi1 crossing everything for you and your sweet girl!
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Wearmi1 hoping for the best over the course of your appointments next week!  Sounds like you are being well taken care of... so glad to hear it!!
  • Sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way @Wearmi1  Hoping for the best for you and your sweet little girl!!
  • @Wearmi1 lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way!!

@Elyse1384 thank God for a healthy baby and really hoping that the damn cyst is shrinking or no longer growing!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016