May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 12.12 - 12.18

Halfway through December! How is it going? 

Re: Randoms and Questions 12.12 - 12.18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my first night of real discomfort. Just could not find a comfortable position, joints felt sore, ugh. Then this morning I'm pretty sure I'm having RLP. Below my belly button, feels like a stretching/ gas pain sort of feeling, especially when I get up or make a sudden movement.

Otherwise, had a great weekend and am having a good morning thus far.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Question: Would anyone else be interested in a baby names thread where we can say what name we've chosen, or ask advice/opinions on names? I stalk other BMBs regularly and many of them have such threads (which I also stalk regularly for inspiration). I post sometimes on the baby names board, but I don't know any of those people and don't find it super helpful. If we already have one, I apologize :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I also feel this time is flying. And with my other 2 I was so excited when time went fast. This time I'm terrified that it's going so fast. Three kids is going to be wild and I'm trying to enjoy where we are in our lives right at this moment. 
    I leave for our anatomy scan in an hour and I am so nervous. I just keep praying that everything is good and baby is 100% healthy. 
    Also I would love some input from our STM's. My 20 month old is the best sleeper ever. Goes down at 7:30 and wakes in the morning between 8:30 and 9:30. I cannot complain about that! But, he wakes up drenched in pee every morning. I have to change him and the sheet every single day because he is literally soaked and shivering. I've gone up a diaper size thinking that would help and there was no change. Is there any other solution?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamatowildones - We had the same issue once our son started sleeping through the night. We went up a size and also started using these amazing diaper inserts  at night. We rarely have any leakage now- they're awesome!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 Me! Me! We're not planning on sharing names, but I am okay sharing them here and would love to see what other people ARE considering. I'd also like feedback on what we have.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited December 2016
    I think it would be nice to post the names we picked. We shared ours with both of our parents and neither seems to like one of the names, but it is our favorite so I'd like to know what others thought. 

@mamatowildones My DD used to pee soooo much over night. When we went up a size, they leaked worse. The thing that has helped us the most is feeding her dinner a little early- around 5ish- and then when she's hungry before bed (at 7:30/8) we give her a big snack or more of dinner, and a small sippy of milk instead of doing just a big sippy. That way she is having less fluid but is still full. She drinks plenty during the day so doesn't necessarily need a night time one anyway. At 20 months though, this might not help because you probably aren't doing night time milk anymore.

This is wayyyy tmi, but I'm curious and have googled but really like to hear that other real people have the same experience. This pregnancy is so different than my last. I went to the bathroom more than normal with that one, and with this one I had my first bout of constipation. It was miserable, y'all. I'm sorry to those of you who deal with it constantly! Anyway, when I finally went it was a bit bloody... I assume I tore a little? Again, sorry it's TMI but is this normal for constipation?
  • Options
    @mamatowildones when does he get his last drink before bed? DD does not get anything to drink after dinner and she is dry every night (she is potty trained, but even before that she stayed dry). It might help to have him not drink anything too close to bedtime. 
  • Options
    @mamatowildones I think they have inserts that you can put in their overnight diapers to make them more absorbent. I've never had to use them, but it might be worth a shot. Our DD always would wake up because she was wet. We started limiting the liquid she has before bed. And now that we are potty training we make her pee before bedtime, its been a huge help even if she just goes a little bit. 

As far as names, we haven't even come close on any names we both like, so i wouldn't be any help. But i'd love to hear what people have chosen.  
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @chickyclg I am right there with you. If I still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans I would probably never remember (of course aside from the still raging MS). The monthly check up is this week so I'm hopeful that hearing the heartbeat again will help, but honestly I don't think it will since I have heard it before. This is so different than my first pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @chickyclg I remember feeling disconnected with DD2 and I'm definitely feeling it this time around too. I think you are just so busy with the child/children you already have that you don't have as much time to stop and think about the new baby! Now that we know it's a boy, I'm starting to feel a little more connected but definitely not as much as DD1. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Can I ask what RLP is? It sounds like what I experience if I get up too quickly or move too fast. Sharp, shooting pain like something is being 'stretched'.

DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017

• Options
    @chickyclg, yeah, I'd agree that it is normal!  With your first it's a lot more time spent thinking about how little one will look, how will you be as a parent, all the dreaming and chatting with SO about the future. The more kids you have, the more of your "at home" energy goes to that, and the baby that you're not yet having to run around after and clean up after gets a little less attention/ energy!  With younger daughter, I definitely felt more connected once movement was more consistent- it's like a constant reminder of her presence!  I'm hoping this one is the same. 
  • Options
    @mamatowildones - I second withholding water/milk as time gets closer to bedtime. Even if not altogether, try to at least lessen the amount he is taking in.

@Jkp7749 - sounds normal. I've had a couple of those stools due to constipation. I always get pretty constipated during pregnancy.

@chickyclg - I have felt a disconnect with this pregnancy pretty much the entire time. As of Friday I have started feeling movement regularly throughout the day and I think that is starting to make it feel real finally.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @chickyclg - I could not agree with your sentiment more. With DS I always knew how far along I was, I'd bought tons of clothes...I was on top of things. The other night, someone asked me who my OB was and I just stared at her. I legitimately had forgotten I was pregnant!! Wtf?

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @CCNellans What you described is exactly what my RLP feels like! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    CCNellans said:
    Can I ask what RLP is? It sounds like what I experience if I get up too quickly or move too fast. Sharp, shooting pain like something is being 'stretched'.

Bingo. 

@chickyclg I don't know if it's a 1 v 2 thing for me but I think it's normal to feel that way. Last time everyone said I would fall in love at the first heartbeat, then the ultrasound, then when I was showing, then when I felt movement etc. but it never really clicked. By the last few weeks it started to feel more real that it was a person in there but I'm really rational and not super emotional so I'm not surprised I'm not a gushy ball of emotional mush. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    kayemjay2 said:
    @mamatowildones - We had the same issue once our son started sleeping through the night. We went up a size and also started using these amazing diaper inserts  at night. We rarely have any leakage now- they're awesome!
    @mamatowildones, second these recommendations as well as a cloth diaper cover! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    As of tomorrow I'll officially be half way there! It has me thinking of all the things I need to do to prepare. 
    I also was having difficulties connecting to this pregnancy compared to my first but now that we know we're expecting another little girl it's made it feel more real and easier to connect!
     Also I wish DH would show a hint of excitement...maybe he'll come around. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @chickyclg I totally agree.  With DS I was so much more excited and on top of things.  I had crazy nesting by this point (16 weeks) and felt much more connected to the pregnancy.  This time around I have actually forgotten a few times (when I feel normal) and haven't bought anything.  I am also not really motivated to do much to prepare beyond making a list of stuff we need to get done (nothing is done from the list yet) and pinning some nursery ideas.  I feel a little bad that this baby is getting the shaft, but I'm also just so busy and tired that I can't really feel that bad.
  • Options
    I also wonder if the busy holiday season has me feeling less connected. I have SO many things on my mind and things to get done that it's easy to put being pregnant in the back of my mind. But then I try to remind myself that next Christmas I will have THREE kids to buy for! After the holidays things always kind of drag/slow down so I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff for the baby done! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    I feel disconnected from my pregnancy and I'm a FTM. I feel like poop all the time because of the pregnancy, but I'm not really excited, I feel like I'm just going through the motions like I am suppose to. I finally got to hear the heartbeat, but didn't feel as excited as I thought I would. I have to keep looking at the u/s pictures we got. I'm hoping that once I have a bump or start to feel movement that'll change. 
  • Options
    @mcvgal I feel it is definitely flying by & this is my first pregnancy. I remember finding out I was pregnant and now I'm about halfway there!!!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @chickyclg I am the same way this time around with feeling the disconnect. Every now and then I am feeling movements that remind me everything is good so far. I also feel like this LO is getting the short end of the stick. The only thing I can think of to buy is a going home outfit and a cribset. Other than that, I am counting on a lot of hand me downs from my boys.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    DD started leaking every night. At first we tried switching to pampers cruisers for her night time diaper, which worked for a while. Then we went up a size, which worked for a while. Then we started cutting off liquids an hour before dinner, and that seems to do the trick (she gets plenty of liquid during the day, we are not dehydrating her). 

Im feeling a little disconnected this time, I think it has to do with running after DD all day, but I think knowing what I have to look forward to with a newborn leaves me a little less excited for the first few months. It was one thing to read about not sleeping or having people tell you about the crying and exhaustion. It's another thing to live it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally didn't mean to post and ghost earlier. I had some irritation in my throat last night and woke up feeling pretty crummy. On the bright side.. because of the early onset, I bought some ice cream and that has been glorious. And DD slept in today so it really helped to get a little extra rest. She has been pretty chill this morning so far. Now I just hope she will go the F to sleep for her nap so I can go lay down for a bit. We have been going through a regression for  a week now where she takes about an hour to fall asleep at both nap and bedtime. I'm just over it.

As for other topics going on here.....

I think as a SAHM, I don't feel as attached to this pregnancy. The first time around, I had friends at work that always asked about it, and it just made the whole thing feel more real. I think this pregnancy will feel more real once I find out the sex and once we move into our new house and can start fixing up the nursery. Until then, I feel like I can't really do anything like going through DD's old clothes, picking out stuff etc.

@mamatowildones Sometimes DD wakes up with wet jammies and sheet because of excessive pee. Cutting back on liquid does help but sometimes she will hold her pee forever from dinner time. She's 2yr 3mos if that help. We do have a lot of jammies for her and extra sheets so we don't have to worry about laundry so much. 

Speaking of RLP, I had it the other night when I got up from the couch too quick, in front of DH. He had the nerve to make comments that my hip flexors are just getting weak and I need to work out and stretch more. I had more RLP the first time around and I was working out more then. Men.

• Options
    @mcvgal I couldn't agree more. This pregnancy is flying by compared to my first.  I have so much to do. 

@kayemjay2 I'm on board with sharing names. I wouldn't care if a fellow bumper used the same name since we don't know each other in every day life. 

I'm having pain in my lower back/upper butt slightly to the right side. It's worse when I wake up and it catches me by surprise throughout the day. Anyone else experiencing similar pain. I'll ask doc about it at my checkup on Thursday. 
  • Options
    I feel excited about this pregnancy - FTM - but also kinda keep forgetting it's happening! I'm really ready to feel baby move and find out the sex. Then I can get the ball rolling with registry, nursery, etc. 

@achays11 I'm with you - time is NOT moving fast! You're at the end of the month too right? Might be because I feel so behind everyone else, milestone wise. 

A few randoms - I know carpal tunnel is a common pregnancy symptom but I feel like I'm getting some sort of pain on the top of my wrist. Not sure if it's carpal tunnel or some other ligament/nerve pain. I do think it's from holding my phone though... talk about first world problems!! 

Also, and no one can really help me with this but I am going to put it out there.. my best friend really wants to throw me a shower. It was the first thing she said when I told her I was pregnant. The only thing is, she's pregnant with her 2nd and is 9 weeks ahead of me, due mid march. So, she is asking about late Jan/early Feb and I'm working almost every weekend because my school schedule is so crazy, plus I feel like I won't be really showing by then. So I feel bad turning her down on those dates but I'm afraid to go much later since she delivered at 36weeks last time. I just feel like it's a huge imposition on her to be throwing this shower super duper pregnant. I gave her an out yesterday and she didn't take it and said she'd love to do it but I feel uncomfortable about it.  
  • Options
    @clebl24 SI joint? Is it kind if sharp and feels like it might "catch" if you lay on your back? I had this before pregnancy and it's only gotten worse. Regular chiropractor visits are the best defense. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I am just battling head aches and stiff neck. I stayed in the shower a little extra last night and felt wonderful woke up with a head ache again... I am guessing it is from water intake as when I am home the whole weekend I forget to drink practically anything unless I am eating something. Water is not my friend regularly so pregnancy and needing to drink it is a very annoying chore.