November 2016 Moms

Signs of Labor, Anyone?

Re: Signs of Labor, Anyone?

• So on Friday I was having contractions but they turned into nothing by Saturday maybe a contraction or two here and there, but last night I was having lots of watery discharge, almost like I was peeing but not that heavy, justvevery time I stood up or moved round it felt like I was leaking. So I put on a pad and whatever it's been catching has been perfectly clear and no smell so maybe it's a slow leak of amniotic fluid? I honestly have no idea. Still no pick up in the contractions department. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow. Getting nervous and anxious.
  • @rspalding001 My doctor told me to call in if I have continuous leak. Best of luck with your labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited November 2016
    @rspalding001 @monkey41 yayyy!!! Best of luck to you both! <3
  • Good luck to everyone who has been admitted! I've been contracting a ton,  but still not starting labor I don't think.   I thinks it's bc of my cervical check on Friday.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I have had tons of BH and lost my mucus plug. Went to the doctor on Saturday and was 1.5 CM dilated and the baby was a -2. I have had on and off diarrhea (TMI) and nausea. I just know this little guy is going to decide to come right as we are eating thanksgiving dinner
  • sarac986 said:
    I have had tons of BH and lost my mucus plug. Went to the doctor on Saturday and was 1.5 CM dilated and the baby was a -2. I have had on and off diarrhea (TMI) and nausea. I just know this little guy is going to decide to come right as we are eating thanksgiving dinner
    I'm starting to think the SAME thing.

On a positive note, the doctor called to amend my induction schedule for 10:30 Thanksgiving night which is WAY better than the "arrive at 6pm and just say you're having contractions on Thanksgiving" thing they asked of me earlier last week. Of course, that means he's clearly coming Thanksgiving morning.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • I feel the same way,  @sarac986 and @SandNStarsNJ!  It just seems fated to be on Thanksgiving.   I'm glad they moved your induction back,  @SandNStarsNJ
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• sarac986 said:
    I have had tons of BH and lost my mucus plug. Went to the doctor on Saturday and was 1.5 CM dilated and the baby was a -2. I have had on and off diarrhea (TMI) and nausea. I just know this little guy is going to decide to come right as we are eating thanksgiving dinner
    I'm starting to think the SAME thing.

On a positive note, the doctor called to amend my induction schedule for 10:30 Thanksgiving night which is WAY better than the "arrive at 6pm and just say you're having contractions on Thanksgiving" thing they asked of me earlier last week. Of course, that means he's clearly coming Thanksgiving morning.
    that's good they moved it back although 1030pm seems kind of crazy to me, I'd rather just sleep and start the next morning 
  • TMI alert - I had my membrane sweep yesterday and felt nothing throughout the day (just some mild spotting). This morning when I got out of bed I felt a small trickle, then a small gush as I walked to the bathroom - sort of like if you had your period and you were laying down and got up sometimes you feel it thanks to gravity. So I go and sit in the bathroom but didn't seem to feel any more leaking or anything, and wiping seemed like tinged discharge. I did look in the toilet before flushing and saw what might have been a clot type of thing, so I thought bloody show but I wonder if it could also just be from the procedure yesterday bc they said spotting/discharge is normal. I figure I will see if there is anything else during the day and if not i'm guessing just a build up of discharge from laying down? 
  • Ha,  people get so worried that babies are just going to slide right out.   That's not exactly how it works.   Keep us updated once you get checked,  @kvruns
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I know, right @mollysm   I think my mom is being weird bc her friend's son/wife just had a baby and they had opted for a home water birth. The baby (their 2nd) came super fast, to the point the midwives never even made it. So she's afraid the baby is going to come 5 min from now when I'm home alone. I'm like mom the Dr office said it was fine to wait an hour or two, I'll eat something and head in shortly. I almost wish I hadn't called them now
  • @kvruns -  when my water broke with my first it was just a trickle and I wasn't sure.   They told me to wait at home for 4 or 5 hours to see if contractions started,  and then to call back.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Currently on pitocin and contractions are getting stronger but still just like strong period cramps. Since my water broke im pretty much bed bound, no walking the halls or anything. In my classes they said laboring in bed is the worst way but guess I have no choice. 

No no idea on dilation since they want to limit checks due to broken water. Hope something is happening though!
  • Good luck @kvruns!
  • kvruns said:
    Currently on pitocin and contractions are getting stronger but still just like strong period cramps. Since my water broke im pretty much bed bound, no walking the halls or anything. In my classes they said laboring in bed is the worst way but guess I have no choice. 

No no idea on dilation since they want to limit checks due to broken water. Hope something is happening though!
    Not sure why they'd limit movement just because your water broke. Maybe squatting and hands & knees in bed?  Can they bring you a labor ball so you could bounce/rock?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • atcwag said:
    kvruns said:
    Currently on pitocin and contractions are getting stronger but still just like strong period cramps. Since my water broke im pretty much bed bound, no walking the halls or anything. In my classes they said laboring in bed is the worst way but guess I have no choice. 

Not sure why they'd limit movement just because your water broke. Maybe squatting and hands & knees in bed?  Can they bring you a labor ball so you could bounce/rock?
    I was able to stand/lean though it didn't seem to help. I thought it was weird on staying in bed too but that is what they said. Or maybe it's more bc of the pitocin being hooked up vs if it hadn't broken they could have let me do more before starting it ? Idk. 

Ive always thought I had a high pain tolerance but this is starting to suck already 
  • MollySmMollySm member
    edited November 2016
    That is weird! You should be allowed out of bed.    Pitosin contractions can be rough.   But baby is on the way,  so that's extra exciting! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Thinking of you @kvruns good luck!!
  • I'm having a c section tomorrow morning! Can't believe I will meet LO tomorrow. I'm a bit scared/nervous for the procedure and recovery but we are so excited to have our son.
  • @kvruns Our waters broke the same day! :D Hope all is well!
  • I think my posts keep disappearing. Baby Benjamin arrived Tuesday night after my water breaking. Had a C section so still in hospital. Will post a story when back home
  • kvruns said:
    I think my posts keep disappearing. Baby Benjamin arrived Tuesday night after my water breaking. Had a C section so still in hospital. Will post a story when back home
    I'm having the same issue. I could have sworn I posted in the birth announcement thread but can't find it. So weird! 

P.S. Congratulations!!
  • @MrsMaryK2016 you did post. I remember reading it. Congrats to both of you by the way!
  • @kvruns @MrsMaryK2016 Ahhhh I didn't see either! Congrats!!! 
  • Two of my posts have disappeared as well!!! Very strange.
  • I posted my birth announcement as well, not there now? I'll try it from my laptop instead of mobile. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Omg me too! My posts and a discussion thread I started on conflicting advice have disappeared! I was on mobile 
  • @BumpAdmin @BumpTara @BumpCaitlin Whats going on with posts disappearing? Seems to be when we are posting using the mobile app. 
  • Okay, so I'm just here to say that I had literally zero symptoms before my water broke on baby's due date. Don't feel discouraged. I remember being so upset last week thinking baby would never come out unless induced. 
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• MollySmMollySm member
    edited November 2016
    I had super painful contractions for the second night on Sunday night(at 41w).   They were 1.5-2 min apart,  so we took a walk and after a few hours went in.   Instead of being a fingertip dilated,  I finally had progressed to 1.5-2 cm.    They had me walk for 2 hours to see if contractions were working,  but no change so they sent me home at 3am. 

The next day(yesterday)  contractions were just here and there,  and not painful.   I walked a ton,  and did what I could.   When I went in for my scheduled NST at 6pm, I was 3.5-4 cm!! My doc vigorously swept my membranes,  and set up an induction for the morning at 7:30, just in case.   I slept last night (all my contractions stop when I lay down apparently.   She said my bag of waters was big and strong,  so likely holding her up too high).   I am up and excited now,  so sitting up trying to get things to start back up on their own.   But even if they don't,  she thinks breaking my water will be enough.   So today is the day! I cannot wait to meet my 3rd little girl! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• MollySm said:
    I had super painful contractions for the second night on Sunday night(at 41w).   They were 1.5-2 min apart,  so we took a walk and after a few hours went in.   Instead of being a fingertip dilated,  I finally had progressed to 1.5-2 cm.    They had me walk for 2 hours to see if contractions were working,  but no change so they sent me home at 3am. 

The next day(yesterday)  contractions were just here and there,  and not painful.   I walked a ton,  and did what I could.   When I went in for my scheduled NST at 6pm, I was 3.5-4 cm!! My doc vigorously swept my membranes,  and set up an induction for the morning at 7:30, just in case.   I slept last night (all my contractions stop when I lay down apparently.   She said my bag of waters was big and strong,  so likely holding her up too high).   I am up and excited now,  so sitting up trying to get things to start back up on their own.   But even if they don't,  she thinks breaking my water will be enough.   So today is the day! I cannot wait to meet my 3rd little girl! 
    3rd babies are so fun and 3rd baby girls are even better, but I'm biased of course!   Hope the water breaking works!
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018