October 2016 Moms

HURRY UP BABY!

Re: HURRY UP BABY!

• Anyone with a scheduled section not have to a strep B test? I had to get one with DS even though I had a planned section cause he was breech but maybe it was just in case he turned?! Since I can't have a vaginal delivery, she said we didn't need to do one. 
  • Anyone with a scheduled section not have to a strep B test? I had to get one with DS even though I had a planned section cause he was breech but maybe it was just in case he turned?! Since I can't have a vaginal delivery, she said we didn't need to do one. 
    They did one for me still. They said they like to know in case my water breaks before hand. Cause scheduled c section or not your water can always break beforehand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Asked about the membrane sweep and was shot down. He said it's not like it does much anyway. The cervical check was awful though, I've been so crampy ever since and just woke up to blood tinged MP pieces. He said I'm still at 2 cm but it feels way more open than last time and thinner, no exact percentages on effacement. I didn't ask about induction even though I wanted to ... I felt like he would say no, my last 2 were induced because of the swelling and pain to walk and I enjoyed having a planned escape from the womb day ! But hopefully this baby wriggled free soon. I texted my supervisor yesterday that he gave me instructions to take off work and rest, so I will email her the paper in a few hours. But I'm glad I get to stay home with my other kids for some time now ! 
  • @serenaxo84 what @Schell2013 said. I have a planned scheduled for 10/24 and they still do the GBS in case you go in to labor on your own and the bacteria could be introduced. 

Me: 29 DH: 30

Aug 2012: Hyperprolactinemia & two prolactinomas discovered, started bromocriptine 2.5mg/day
    Nov 2012: BFP!! EDD Aug 2013
    Jul 2013: DS born at 35w5d in an emergency CS after maternal fetal hemorrhage and complete previa
    TTA BUT SURPRISE BFP 1/29/15 without medication m/c @ 6w5d
    TTC #2 starting Jul 2015: Back on bromocriptine 2.5mg/day
    Dec 2015: Endocrinologist refers to RE, DH's SA was perfect, my hysteroscopy was perfect
    Jan 2016: Femara cycle #1 - two follies on L, trigger CD 15, BFP, EDD 10/28/16
  • @mamaklee @schell2013 that makes sense! My water actually did break on its own with DS! I wonder if she isn't doing it because I am delivering next week- I'll be 37 weeks- we are delivering early due to complete prévia... and trying to completely avoid me going into labor. 
  • mamakleemamaklee member
    edited October 2016
    Oh gosh @serenaxo84 I'm sorry about the complete previa. I had it with my first and unfortunately did go in to labor. I'll be thinking about you next week!

Me: 29 DH: 30

Aug 2012: Hyperprolactinemia & two prolactinomas discovered, started bromocriptine 2.5mg/day
    Nov 2012: BFP!! EDD Aug 2013
    Jul 2013: DS born at 35w5d in an emergency CS after maternal fetal hemorrhage and complete previa
    TTA BUT SURPRISE BFP 1/29/15 without medication m/c @ 6w5d
    TTC #2 starting Jul 2015: Back on bromocriptine 2.5mg/day
    Dec 2015: Endocrinologist refers to RE, DH's SA was perfect, my hysteroscopy was perfect
    Jan 2016: Femara cycle #1 - two follies on L, trigger CD 15, BFP, EDD 10/28/16
  • serenaxo84serenaxo84 member
    edited October 2016
    @mamaklee thank you! It's been stressful to say the least! 3 bleeding episodes and 3 hospital stays and bedrest... I am so ready to be done! 
  • @serenaxo84 dang girl that's no good! I hope everything goes well and you don't go into labor and it turns into an emergency! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @schell2013 thank you! My last ultrasound showed a long cervix so hopefully I can make it a few more days with no bleeding!!!
  • Right @F47?! I'm hanging my hat on progress/dilation and it means zilch. Whatever... I choose to play ignorant on that and will be pumped if I'm dilated at my appt today
  • 41 weeks today and had an appt on Monday where still nothing was progressing with my cervix. They did an NST and US and baby is doing fine in there but since nothing is really going on with my cervix  (I'm barely 1cm) they said that inducing at this point only has a 50/50 shot of working and can be a very long process that may end in a c-section anyways. Getting  so frustrated. They will induce if I get too close to 42 weeks but even then I'm now worried that it won't work then if nothing changes. HURRY UP baby the clock is ticking!!
  • Haha yea @SuperNerd42 she is loving life in there. It's probably my fault too, I was born 15 days overdue :neutral: 
  • @SuperNerd42 Yes! I get so crampy every night and I go to be thinking.. this is it. So dissapointing. 
  • F47F47 member
    @kmyers228 That's such a daunting prospect. This waiting game is tough. I hope your LO decides to make his/her appearance today or tomorrow! If not, at least you know you'll be meeting baby soon - regardless of how he's delivered! Fingers crossed for you.

No changes to my cervix as of this a.m. We're just playing the waiting game here...granted, I'm 39 weeks Friday, so not late. I just had a 9 lb. first baby, and this little guy was measuring approximately 8.6 lbs at 37 weeks with a head measuring at 40 weeks. So...I definitely wouldn't mind meeting him soon and keeping my lady bits intact as much as possible.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • F47F47 member
    What's your date, @bnsmith85?
  • So, I've been sitting at 3.5cm dilated and 95% effaced for a week. Today is my due date and they had me do an ultrasound yesterday to measure him to get an idea of his weight. That came back 9lbs 4oz. Now the Dr is having me come in today at 4 to discuss options. I'm guessing they are going to ask if I want to induce today or wait the week (I have the 26th saved for an induction if he still hasn't come).

I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm a FTM, anyone have any advice on inducing or waiting and see if he'll come on his own. 
  • F47F47 member
    @bnsmith85 THE END IS NEAR! And, you get to meet your LO in a week, tops! But, wishing you all the labor dust and hoping you go naturally before that.
  • No change in progress!! So bumbed! It's like a cruel joke... having all this pain! If nothing happens on his own, I don't go back till next Wednesday for an ultrasound and induction date for next week. Ugh. Come on baby boy!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Hang in there @sportiegrl1213! Remember, you can go from 0cm to labor in no time! 
  • You're right and that's exactly what my Dr said... he even thinks if I go into labor I won't dilate on my own without some help so that makes me feel a little better @bnsmith85
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• F47F47 member
    @sportiegrl1213 Why does your doctor think you won't dilate even when you're in labor? Is that because of the contractions you've been having not doing anything? I've been having BH (albeit just uncomfortable, not painful) for more than a month, but no dilation here either. But, I went into labor with DS on my own and dilated fine (at 41 weeks...)
  • edited October 2016
    Yeah I don't get why my Dr said that... he said FTM usually need some help sometimes but I have no idea. All I do know is that for the past hour I've been having some major pains and contractions but I can't seem to time them or figure out when they start and stop. Ugh this is all so confusing!!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited October 2016
    So, I've been sitting at 3.5cm dilated and 95% effaced for a week. Today is my due date and they had me do an ultrasound yesterday to measure him to get an idea of his weight. That came back 9lbs 4oz. Now the Dr is having me come in today at 4 to discuss options. I'm guessing they are going to ask if I want to induce today or wait the week (I have the 26th saved for an induction if he still hasn't come).

I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm a FTM, anyone have any advice on inducing or waiting and see if he'll come on his own. 
    I kind of doubt that they will offer an induction before you hit 41 weeks, unless there is some other medical indication/necessity. You aren't considered past term for a while yet, and ultrasound estimates of weight are just that- estimates. Educated guesses. You could have a 7.5 pounder or a 10 pounder, you won't know til it comes out. They will likely just ask you if you want to schedule an induction date in 1-2 weeks from now or wait til baby comes on its own. 

ETA- as for advice on whether or not to wait for nature to take it's course - it is a personal decision. You should probably ask about your bishop score because that will tell your OB whether or not induction will be successful. If it's low then no, I wouldn't opt for induction b/c you are at increased risk of cesarean. 
  • @f47 @sportiegrl1213 @bnsmith85 ugh, +1 for the cervix of steel. Didn't even spot later after the doctor checked at my appointment! Been at 1 cm for like a month. As of now, scheduled for an induction early Monday morning....but was hoping baby would come earlier! No real contractions, but so much back and sciatica pain... plus, any of you feel so like bloated, it feels like baby is going to bust out? My stomach just feels so right and over-full all of a sudden (probably cuz I'm crazy pregnant, but more so than usual...). Also, been nauseous off and on the last 2 days. Trying to imagine these are signs of impending labor....but I probably just have gas or something.  
  • Best of luck on Monday and I'm really hoping something happens this weekend but I highly doubt it at this point. Trying to keep my frustration at bay. The end is near and will be here before we know it @LMNOBaby
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @LMNOBaby... bahahaha... story of my life lately, "oh! Maybe it's labor!... Nope, just gas."  :|
    Also, no spotting for me either... she was literally trying to jam a finger in there without success and my cervix was like... NBD... I can take it!
    Good luck on Monday!!!
  • Good luck on Monday @LMNOBaby!! 

My cervix is not steel- its been spotting for almost three weeks. I keep getting my hopes up that the spotting will turn into something but nope. Just being a tease. Been 1-1.5 (or 1.75 according to one dr lol) the whole time, but baby is not engaged and I'm not super effaced. Just spotty enough to be obnoxious and gross feeling  :#
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LMNOBaby said:
    What is up with these babies? Why don't they want to meet us?! 
    I know right !! I'm in the same boat as all ya'll. 40 weeks this Saturday and he said if I make it to NEXT week's appt. we can schedule induction ... I don't want a November baby sir .. this baby is due now ! He said he has like 6 women due this weekend so one of us should be going soon. I'm a really stretchy 2cm-3cm ... very ripe apparantly. Um, ok so let's do the damn thing ! These babies are all so stubborn !