October 2016 Moms

HURRY UP BABY!

Re: HURRY UP BABY!

• Just had a chocolate chip cookie and now I'm laying down and he's going nuts lol so I guess I didn't eat enough sugar today @ibabyloveb87
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Happy to hear everything is good @MRSCORKER
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• My baby isn't moving much either. I know he is really stuck as my doctor said these days in a crappy position but he has for sure been really really quiet. I'm sitting down right now trying to get some movements. We just had thanksgiving dinner tonight and I would've thought that 2 pieces of pie and all the junk I ate he would be crazy. So far I'm 20 minutes into waiting and nothing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Schell2013 It's so nerve wracking! I hope you got a few reassuring kicks!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER I got some but he is pretty quiet. Here is to hoping its a sign labor is soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Schell2013 annnnnd now I need all the Thanksgiving food..and junk... well at least I can maybe alternate my "countdown to due date" to "countdown to Thanksgiving feasting"
    Don't forget black Friday shopping-Amazon stalking here I come
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Officially overdue. The waiting would be a lot easier if I didn't have the random menstrual cramps that wake me up in the middle of the night >.<

Glad to hear everything is okay @MRSCORKER :)

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• My OB allows me to input any questions or anything I'd like to talk about at our appointment online so I don't forget to bring it up. I pulled the trigger and asked when and if she would sweep my membranes.( I know some OBs will do it 38 weeks and some will wait until your 40) My app. is tomorrow evening and I find out if she said yes and if not when she will. Now I'm excited.  (Also, I have a feeling she'll agree to it because she mentioned my pelvis might be to small to deliver naturally(although, I never heard of this being a problem so it does have me confused I'm asking questions about that this week too) so we've been having weekly growth checks to monitor the best route for delivery and at our last app. Kinzley was already measuring in at 7lbs, which I know can be inaccurate.)

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Good luck @Ashleymn! Mine was willing to at 38 weeks... But I wasn't dilated  :| FX for some dilation for me tomorrow so I can go ahead with the sweep too!
  • Anyone know how dilated you need to be for the membrane swep?

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER My dr made it sound like anything was good enough.....but 1 cm seems so small........ 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @MRSCORKER My dr made it sound like anything was good enough.....but 1 cm seems so small........ 
    yeah, I was just over 1 cm yesterday. I'll ask at my appt tomorrow when she'll do it. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• edited October 2016
    Ive been having really bad cramping and horrific lower back pain and pressure since this afternoon. Trying not to think about it too much but I can hardly stand up right when I just walked to the bathroom.... I haven't experienced lower back pain like this.... just chugged some water to see if that helps. I'm sure it's nothing and just wishful thinking. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @MRSCORKER I was also under the impression that if I'm dilated at all my MD will do a sweep. It was something she said like...if I could get a finger in there at all, I would have done a sweep. That was at my last visit.
  • bnsmith85 said:
    @MRSCORKER I was also under the impression that if I'm dilated at all my MD will do a sweep. It was something she said like...if I could get a finger in there at all, I would have done a sweep. That was at my last visit.
    I'll let you know what my doc says in the AM. I'm interested to see. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:
    @MRSCORKER I was also under the impression that if I'm dilated at all my MD will do a sweep. It was something she said like...if I could get a finger in there at all, I would have done a sweep. That was at my last visit.
    I'll let you know what my doc says in the AM. I'm interested to see. 
    Ughhhh, I went in today and was only 1 cm. dilated...no mention of a sweep. I didn't come right out and ask but sort of hinted at it... nope, no mention. She just said everything looked good and they won't let me go past 41 weeks (39 today). I can't imagine going 2 more weeks!! I hope you guys have better luck!!
  • @sportiegrl1213

Is the pain constant or can you time it? My back labor was bad. It was only after I realized it was coming and going consistently that I started timing them like contractions.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • It was constant and now it's coming and going along with the constant pressure. The cramping subsided. I see my Dr tomorrow and I'll ask him about it, unless it gets worse then I'll be making a phone call. Thank you @MrsHudson2014
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited October 2016
    I googled membrane sweeps cause I honestly had no idea what they were. Doesn't sound like you need to be dilated for them to attempt it, because one of the articles I read implied it can be done to help the cervix begin to soften and even dilate. Also, it sounds like it's rarely done before 40 weeks. I'm sure every doctor and pregnancy is different, but that's the info I just found.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Was hurry up baby yesterday and now have grandmas wake and funeral this week. Hoping baby waits until Friday now
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @aesthyerin sorry to hear of your grandma :(
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • F47F47 member
    @aesthyerin sorry to hear about your grandma. I lost my grandma in December and it's still so difficult. We were so very close. ((Hugs))

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My first baby was 9 1/2 lbs and very hard birth :( this preg feels the same.  Our 32 week US estimated this baby at just over 5lbs at that time.  I've mentioned my concerns several times to my (male) dr who says we will just keep measuring your belly and that will tell us the baby isn't big.  Well, that didn't tell them anything last time jerk, and I've gained over 50lbs this time.  I have an NST this morning and I'm going to request a growth scan.  Sadly I don't think they will do one.  
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2016
    @krzyriver... It's actually super common beginning at 39 weeks. My MD said she can't do the sweep of I'm not dilated bc she can't get anything in there to actually detach the membrane. Not sure if that's just preference or fact though. :)

Also, had an appt today... I'm effaced pretty significantly, but still on lockdown, dilation-wise... So no sweep for me. Whomp whomp
  • @bnsmith85 when is your due date? I feel like we're in the same boat. They didn't even want to check my cervix at my 39 week appointment, and only did for my own curiosity. I have an appt on Friday and I'll be 39+6. I'm imagining no progress!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • I asked my OB this morning when she could do a membrane sweep and she goes "Actually, it's kind of bullshit." I love her. Basically she doesn't really feel like it does anything significant and that the science doesn't really back it up but she did say she would do it for me next week if I want. She also said that it's just slightly more invasive than the cervical check she had just done and feels like the check is just as likely to jump start labor. 

In other news, I'm still 1 cm and 50% effaced and she said we could "discuss options" next tuesday if I haven't had the baby by then. 

BTDT moms... What are your thoughts on induction vs. going over-due? My worry is that he's already measuring big (2 weeks ago his head was measuring at 39 weeks) and I'm thinking I would have a better shot at a vaginal delivery if we induce right at 40 weeks than go over-due and needing an emergency C because he doesn't fit. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• My Dr will sweep the membranes only if I want them done, but he also said it's sort of BS but it's my choice @MRSCORKER --- I don't even think I'll go there. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• My Dr will sweep the membranes only if I want them done, but he also said it's sort of BS but it's my choice @MRSCORKER --- I don't even think I'll go there. 

She goes "I can be a little more vigorous with the cervical check if you want!" I was like "Yeah, they feel pretty vigorous already!" lol

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• LOL for reals @MRSCORKER :D

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @bnsmith85 I guess our membranes just want to stay in tact  :D We have an induction date now but I'm gonna be doing all the things to hopefully go into labor before that! 
  • @bnsmith85 I think what they can do when your cervix isn't dilated yet is actually called a stretch and sweep. I don't really really know what the difference is and I was half awake when I was reading about it. Lol.

But I did visit with my DH's friend today and her friend, who's an OB nurse, was there too. She says yeah, it was common at 39 weeks until recently but, like a MRSCORKER and sportiegrl said, it's kind of BS. So most practices around here only offer to do it if you're past your due date. I'm assuming that's why my doc hasn't ever mentioned it.

SO frustrating. Why isn't there some magic trick to get labor started?! I'm tired over here! Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @chriscasey33 I'm 39+1 today so we're pretty close as far as EDD is concerned :)

@ibabyloveb87... my body is over here like... no! I'm not ready for the trauma!! lol. Also, a little jealous that you have an eviction date set. I don't know why lol... just having an end in sight seems nice. It's still up in the air for me.

@krzyriver ... that makes sense! I've had my cervix manually expanded/stretched twice before for my IUD insertions so I'd assume they just do some form of that and then wiggle a finger around  :# Which sounds really scary lol... and it's funny that they're saying it's BS because I've heard so many people say they were having contractions really soon after getting one done. I was kind of holding on to that idea as my hope for getting labor going so, in this one instance, I'm hoping they're wrong... and that I'm dilated at my next appt and the sweep puts me right into labor (so, per usual, wishful thinking lol)
  • @bnsmith85 It sounds scary to me too, I was kind of freaked out when I googled it! Lol. I'm with you on the wishful thinking, I'm still planning to ask my OB if she'll do it Thursday morning. Last ditch attempt to avoid an induction next week!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• krzyriver said:
    @bnsmith85 It sounds scary to me too, I was kind of freaked out when I googled it! Lol. I'm with you on the wishful thinking, I'm still planning to ask my OB if she'll do it Thursday morning. Last ditch attempt to avoid an induction next week!

I had a stretch and sweep last week, they do it from 39 weeks over here (U.K.) it was basically like a rough smear test not comfortable at all but no pain, she just felt round the cervix and swept the membranes around babies head etc, she was pretty confident that would trigger things in me but nope nearly a week later and I'm still waiting with you on the overdue list ha! 
  • Walk #1 done for the day. Waiting on DH for walk #2... 
  • SonyaL9 said:
    krzyriver said:
    @bnsmith85 It sounds scary to me too, I was kind of freaked out when I googled it! Lol. I'm with you on the wishful thinking, I'm still planning to ask my OB if she'll do it Thursday morning. Last ditch attempt to avoid an induction next week!

I had a stretch and sweep last week, they do it from 39 weeks over here (U.K.) it was basically like a rough smear test not comfortable at all but no pain, she just felt round the cervix and swept the membranes around babies head etc, she was pretty confident that would trigger things in me but nope nearly a week later and I'm still waiting with you on the overdue list ha! 
    I'm just gonna pretend I didn't read that ;)
  • ashleymn-2ashleymn-2 member
    edited October 2016
    Asked about my membrane sweep during my app. and we are not a candidate due to babys size and the fact that she is no longer engaged. Kinzley is weighing in at 8lbs and 6 oz. So my OB gave us the option of a c-section or an induction on Tuesday. After hearing the complications of delivering a LGA baby with a borderline pelvis my SO and I decided we're going to opt for c-section. Now that we have a date I'm so anxious. I'm also nervous that our c section is scheduled for 2 days before our due date because now I'm absolutely terrified of delivering this baby vaginally. However, we are also on a 24 hr urine due to what seemed to be preeclampsia symptoms so we might get her before then.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016