October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/12

14567810»

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/12

• Had our baby shower today. We did a time capsule where people can write there hopes, wishes, or just a message to Kinzley and now I'm a mess reading all of them, they're all so sweet. 

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Keep us updated @F47! I've been waking up in the middle of the night and crying because I can't feel her. It's so scary! Here's to hoping everything is all good 
  • Sending good vibes @F47! I hope he's just being snoozy. It's so worth the peace of mind to go in.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited September 2016
    @F47 He's probably just running out of room to kick since he's getting so big and strong! Keep us updated, that feeling is so scary. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Thinking of you @f47.
  • @F47 Hope all is well! It's an unnerving feeling but I'm sure he's just being sleepy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thinking of you @F47, hope all is well and baby's just having a lazy Sunday 
  • @f47 I know it's so scary when they're unusually quiet. Glad all seems to be ok! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @f47 fx all is well
  • Glad to hear a good update @F47!
  • Phew!!! So happy to hear @F47!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Thank goodness @F47!!!
  • Glad to hear it! @F47
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good news @F47! I hate it when baby doesn't move much. I know it's crowded but common buddy don't stress momma out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @f47, it was scary reading your original post, but so happy to read your update! Glad you and baby are doing great. 

@NoraAurora, are you freezing the cookies in their baked state? Or are you freezing the dough then baking them later? 
  • @f47, it was scary reading your original post, but so happy to read your update! Glad you and baby are doing great. 

@NoraAurora, are you freezing the cookies in their baked state? Or are you freezing the dough then baking them later? 
    rolling it into a log & freezing the dough :)
  • @annabenanna I scooped mine out into
    cookies on a sheet and froze them for a few hours-overnight and then I was able to bag them all in a ziplock back so I can take out however many I want to bake at a time. That is if you can make the freezer space to fit a cookie tray. I ended up throwing everything into our deep freezer to make room for a few hours.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  @LGW2015 and @NoraAurora!  Currently checking out of amazon, and ordering some flaxseed meal, brewer's yeast, mother's milk tea.  You ladies have inspired me to make cookie dough next weekend!
  • thank you all! We're so excited.

@f47 glad to hear all is well! I know I've had a few nervous evenings but I keep chalking it up to reducing space. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • I couldn't handle the mother's milk tea after DS last time :-/ I thought it was the grossest. Tell me if you find something you like! Otherwise I will just rely on fenugreek pills again if need be. 
  • I took fenugreek with my dd, I didn't find it increase my supply and I smelled like maple syrup (which isn't too bad in the realm of smells). Did you find it working for you? What brand did you take? 
  • @NoraAurora thanks for the recipe, those look delicious. I'm kind of a newb- where can one find brewers yeast? Natural grocery store? Regs grocery store? 
  • jennielu said:
    @NoraAurora thanks for the recipe, those look delicious. I'm kind of a newb- where can one find brewers yeast? Natural grocery store? Regs grocery store? 
    I think some regular grocery stores might have it but mine didn't (or at least I couldn't find it). Although now that I think about it I was looking in the baking aisle and I read that the best bet is to look in the protein shake aisle. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and natural food stores definitely have it. I found mine in a natural food store. You can also find it online. You'll want the powdered version btw :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ooh, I'm going to make some cookies next weekend, too!  Hitting Amazon today for not only yeast, but also all the post-partum "repair" supplies.  I couldn't find the right dermoplast or witch hazel in the store this weekend, no Tucks and no colace.  And I just don't have the energy to run around several different stores shopping for everything... Amazon for the win! (talk about a strange order, too - colace, dermoplast and brewer's yeast!)
  • @ball4768 - I know I'm late catching up, but for cooler-weather shoes, I bought Target's ballet flats in a full size up. They're actually really comfortable. They're the ones that are slightly curved when you're not wearing them.

@f47 - I'm so glad everything looks good. Mine also really decreased movement yesterday and had me pretty freaked out. I didn't do a kick count because it was making me nervous so I was just monitoring any movement. She's done some bigger movements this morning, but I have an NST after lunch so I'm going to mention it then. She's not a huge mover anyway but as she's gotten bigger I've been able to feel her much more regularly so any change really freaks me out.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • @LMNOBaby Imagine you didn't have pregnancy lingo and read over what you're ordering.  Sounds like a witch's brew lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @AllyTheKid did you go have that baby yet?? 
  • @NoraAurora, Im hoping the yogi brand nursing tea tastes good. I love yogi tea and haven't tried anything that didn't taste good..... Yet.  

@LMNOBaby in case you're still shopping on amazon and looking for a peri bottle. I found this one and got it. It rated much better than the Frida mom washer (a bit cheaper too) 

• @AnnaBanana0327 You can buy that same travel bidet for $9.99 at bed, bath and beyond.  It'll save you $3 but i'm not sure about shipping.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • LOL @ lmnobaby. Can you imagine the person's face who packages that order? ;)