October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/12

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/12

• Options
    @krzyriver I'm going with a couple of girlfriends for a pedicure and an eyebrow wax tomorrow. At least my feet will be pretty during and after delivery, right?! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @cbamama641 I didn't realize it was supposed to warm up again and now I'm sad. Lol. Stupid MI and it's fickle weather. And yes, beauty schools are awesome! Not many people are willing to go, we appreciate anyone who lets us practice on them when we're learning! Idk what part of MI you're in, but the Douglas J schools give very relaxing pedis. 

@ibabyloveb87 People think I'm so weird cause I want my toes done, but I don't care. It's a little thing but it always makes me feel better! And we all deserve to be pampered right now.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my mani/pedi will be on point for delivery. LOL It's something I look forward to every 3 weeks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    Petty problem here, but I asked my husband to stop on the way home and get me something 'chocolate cake/brownie/fudgey'. Well he just got home and there is this little (I mean like a little 2 pack) of something I've never seen before but the label says double chocolate brownie, so sweet, thanks dh. 

Nope!! Upon biting into and immediately wanting to spit it out, I looked at the packaging and it's one of those 'all natural' ingredient things. Good for people who like that stuff but it was so gross!!! And i still had to eat it because I didn't want to make dh feel bad but now I have a horrible taste in my mouth AND I still want my chocolate cake/brownie type thing... 
  • Options
    So, for those of you who live in places where it's starting to cool down, are you having trouble finding shoes that fit? It's just barely starting to cool off here, but I can't fit my swollen Shrek feet into any shoes other than flip-flops. I have no idea what I'm going to do if it actually cools down to fall-like weather in the next 4 weeks. Any ideas?
  • Options
    @ball4768 I unlaced my shoes and laced them back up very loosely. But I only have two pairs of shoes that I've worn this entire time, and don't even own flip flops or sandals so my feet have stayed used to being in shoes. Good luck!
  • Options
    @ball4768 I had to loosen the laces as much as possible and I don't tie them. I just tuck the laces in. But they definitely still hurt.... although that might also be because I need a pedi and my nails are too long. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @ibabyloveb87, i feel like it's getting more and more real now!  I really need to pack my hospital bag for reals.  
  • Options
    I really hope the "9 full moons" thing isn't real because that means I'll be pregnant until at least 10/16 and I will cry. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options

Just a glimpse of our relationship and casual conversation.
  • Options
    Are any of you ladies decorating for Halloween/Fall?

Part of me is like "eff it, ain't nobody got time for that!" but part of me wants to because:  

1.)  It's HALLOWEEN AND FALL!!!!
    2.)  It's BABY'S FIRST HALLOWEEN AND FALL!
    3.)  All the visitors coming to our house in October/November.  
  • Options
    @annabenanna I've started decorating for fall already. It's all new stuff I've bought so far that I've put up since FI is holding my other fall stuff hostage. But I have no idea when I'm gonna go into the hospital and if baby will even allow me to decorate once she is here!!! So I want it to be done!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid @krzyriver Thanks for the tips! I think my feet might be too swollen for any of my existing shoes, even without laces. I tried on a pair of Ugg-type boots the other day and couldn't even get my foot inside them. I might just be shuffling around in house shoes for the next few weeks!  :#
  • Options
    mizzkbrat said:
    @annabenanna I've started decorating for fall already. It's all new stuff I've bought so far that I've put up since FI is holding my other fall stuff hostage. But I have no idea when I'm gonna go into the hospital and if baby will even allow me to decorate once she is here!!! So I want it to be done!
    OKay that's all the validation I need to decorate too!  I'm about to hit "purchase" on save-on-crafts because I want to get started as soon as I go on ML!  But part of me is like "do i really need to spend $119 on fall decor when I have a new baby coming?"  i think the answer is YES.  
  • Options
    @mizzkbrat I love your MIL's ideas lol though I love anything like that
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Does anyone have a foam mattress? I'm considering getting a mail order one like Caper or Tuft & Needle. Anyone have a review? They both have a 100 day free return policy but I'm super nervous about such a big purchase. 

• Options
    I love fall/Halloween decorating! Since I'm on bedrest I'm bummed I can't go to homegoods or Michaels. But I will have DH pull out the decorations soon!
  • Options
    I don't really ever decorate for fall or Halloween. I might get a pumpkin for the porch but that's all I really care to do......UO? Haha 
  • Options
    @ByeBabyBunting - We have a Casper and we love it. We've had it almost 2 years and it's shown no wear at all. I will say that it's definitely on the firmer end, so if you like a soft mattress, it's probably not for you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So our shitty medical system here has once again screwed up royally giving me test results and caused me to bawl like a baby. 

Back story. 
    Go into the OBGYN's office one of the first things he asks me is how my sugar numbers have been? I sit there and say what are you talking about? He said well you failed your 1 hour glucose test. I said I know but I passed my 2 hour. He said no you didn't. So here is sit thinking, well shit here I am 36 weeks almost and no idea I should be monitoring this and have probably caused my poor baby some unneeded stress and who knows what else. He goes on to say that now I can't have my VBAC due to this. So here I'm also now upset too that I have to for sure have a c section and get to look forward to the recovery. So I leave there thinking it's the clinic that's screwed this up for me. Go there and the old nurse who used to work in the clinic was walking by and asked me what was up. 

I began to to tell her my story, cause she said well let me go get your lab tests. So she prints them out and looks them over and says you don't have GD. You passed your 2 hour test, it sounds like he just doesn't you deliver naturally, or has your results mixed up. So Monday I see my normal family doctor and I plan to discuss this with him and ask for a referel to another OB which is unfortunately an hour drive away for a second opinion. But boy this new OB sounds like a complete incompetent idiot, I sure wish my old one didn't move away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @Schell2013 - What the actual eff?! That's so crazy. I hope you get it resolved. So sorry they're stressing you out! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Schell2013 what?!? That's crazy! Hope it's resolved soon. 
  • Options
    @Schell2013 Wait...What?!? Seriously I hope all of this works itself out. I'm sorry you have to spend the entire weekend thinking about this. 
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    @CopperBoom86 @ibabyloveb87 @PCOSbaby

I'm seriously so pissed off. I couldn't even hold myself together long enough at the OB office to book another appointment. I went to the bathroom and bawled to my husband on the phone, and was so horrified that I've spend 2.5 months having way too many treats. 
    But yes the worst part is spending all weekend until Monday at 1:00 worrying about all this stuff cause there isn't a damn thing that can be done over the weekend. 
  • Options
    @Schell2013, I'm so upset and pissed for you! I hate when doctors dismiss you like that and make you feel stupid. I'm so glad you saw the old nurse. Hang in there mama, I'm so sorry you're going through this. 
  • Options
    Thanks @annabenanna I was still holding back tears in the hallway. I'm such a freaking emotional wreak today. 
  • Options
    Schell2013Schell2013 member
    edited September 2016
    Oh I forgot the part where he said I've gained a fair bit of weight since I saw him at 23 weeks. 13 pounds aparently is a lot and keep in mind it was also summer when I saw him last and I had maybe 2 pounds of clothes on, this time I had jeans, long sleeve sweater on which weighs more too. WTF dude? Look at my ass, legs, arms, face etc. I'm not that fat. Almost 9 months pregnant yes but holy shit pal my size 29 jeans still fit I don't think I've gained that much anywhere but my giant belly.apparently I am maybe too heavy for a vbac? Is he blind? I have worked my ass off (literally) this whole preganncy to stay mega in shape, I have gained 18lbs to date, so that's kinda a big big slap in the face.  :(
  • Options
    @Schell2013 wow that is such utter BS! At least you can breathe that you haven't had GD all this time without knowing it, but definitely get your family doctor to send you to another OB.  I wish it wasn't so far, but at least you will know they are competent, then write a review on ratemymd
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Schell2013 omg that is so insane!! Completely unacceptable! Ugh I'm so upset for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS yes I am relived to know I don't have GD but I am seriously pissed off that he is so bad at his job and actually told me I gained too much weight. 
  • Options
    @Schell2013- boo! What an asshole! Def go see a different OB
  • Options
    @LGW2015 he is such a meatball, I am really disappointed. I had really hoped he would be good so I wouldn't have to drive. 
  • Options
    @Schell2013 wow! Not only did he f-up your results (or worst straight out lied about them) but he actually had the balls to tell a 36 week pregnant lady that she gained too much weight?! He must be a hot shot with the women! Seriously though, pure douchbaggery!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Schell2013 Ughh I hate pompous Drs with no bedside manner!! I would've cried too. You look really good! Hope the new OB is all game for your vbac. 
  • Options
    @OrangeEv its so frustrating, each pregnancy something has come up and made it complicated. I was enjoying the relaxing one I seemed to have so far and this OB has literally crushed every ounce of enjoyment in the matter of a 30 minute appointment. I wanted to walk out so badly. 
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 I hate Halloween, so I don't decorate either. The extent of my fall decorations are a pumpkin on the front steps and a glass pumpkin on the coffee table. I do have some things for thanksgiving that I will add in November. 

@schell2013 I'm sorry your doctor is such a dummy! I think you look great. 
  • Options
    @schell2013 I would have been bawling right there in the office. What a douchey dr. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)