October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/12

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/12

• Options
    kmyers228 said:
    Ah wine!! Can't wait to reunite soon!  I love Sauvignon Blanc, a $11-14 bottle is all I need. That first glass of wine after 9+ months is going to hit so hard and so good :p
    I was just telling my friend this!  I'll have one glass and be like on the floor.  Hahahaha.  
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 I'm a very casual wine drinker, so I don't have a whole lot to offer, but I personally prefer whites.  Maybe it's because I don't have the palate to appreciate a good red  :)   I usually get an inexpensive sauvignon blanc or a viognier.  BUT, honestly, don't worry too much about getting the wrong kind.  Unless she's super snobby about wine, she'll appreciate it.  Even if you get a kind she doesn't usually drink, she can either try something new or she can serve it to guests (since you usually always want at least one red and one white at a party). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 for Apothic Red! I love that stuff. Another good Riesling is Kung Fu Girl. Man, I miss wine. 
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 what a great gift for your friend! We get so many gifts at our showers, but nothing really for us, all for baby! So taking the extra time to show a little love to the person growing that baby is, I think, super sweet and appreciated!! Might I also suggest adding some chocolate to that basket?! :)
  • Options
    Trying to download iOS 10 on my phone and it says it's gonna take 5 hours. Excuse me whatttt?!
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 ya I downloaded mine yesterday and it was over an hour.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Trying to download iOS 10 on my phone and it says it's gonna take 5 hours. Excuse me whatttt?!
    You can set it up to take place overnight. I don't actually know how to initiate that... My phone always just offers eventually after I put it off for days, weeks, or whatever. See if you can figure out how to set that up without it prompting you.
  • Options
    I heard bad things about that update. I'm avoiding. 
  • Options
    I don't even have enough storage on my phone for the new update. The pop up is seriously annoying the crap out of me though.  :#
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @bnsmith85, I'm so happy you mentioned that wine with the Dave Matthews lyrics on the cork. DH loves dmb! I'm gonna get a bottle just for him. 
  • Options
    I don't even have enough storage on my phone for the new update. The pop up is seriously annoying the crap out of me though.  :#
    Ugh same. I barely have enough storage to load webpages. I couldn't mobile bump until I freed up a few MBs. I need a new phone :/
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    I heard bad things about that update. I'm avoiding. 
    It's different and taking some getting used to.  Right now I'm not a fan of the changes but we'll see
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ugh same. I barely have enough storage to load webpages. I couldn't mobile bump until I freed up a few MBs. I need a new phone :/
    I got a new 6 in November, I seriously have nothing on it except pictures and videos. I learned to use I tunes so now I actually have a little music, maybe only 50 songs though. I don't see how on earth my whole 16GB is actually full. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @Schell2013 you'd be surprised how much space videos and pictures take, also your text messages (if you're like me and never delete them).  You can actually see where your usage is going (Settings - General - Storage&iCloud Usage - Manage Storage)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm loving the new iOS 10. Now that I'm getting used to it, I'm having fun with the iMessages. LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited September 2016
    @sjo_thetwins I hear bad things about every update and I haven't had a problem yet. 

@bnsmith85 I had decided to start the update overnight anyway, just was shocked at how long it said. Either way it was complete when I got up to pee at 5! 

Its got some some different changes in the messenger and how you unlock your phone, but other than that it's not too bad! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    I got cool new emojis with the update haha the ONLY thing that bothers me about updates is they ever so slightly change things that I've already gotten used to and it's  just a minor annoyance for a while.
  • Options
    Yes we need more baby pics! @AllyTheKid
  • Options
    Agreed @AllyTheKid! I for one could use more pics to get me jazzed up about the actual act of having this baby! 
  • Options
    I will make this happen if I get a bit more feed back and feel like less of a baby-stalker haha
    I mean, we need somewhere to see pictures of babies in all of these outfits we've posted about, and all the crocheted hats and sweaters we've seen, riiiight?
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I fully support a baby picture thread!!

@bnsmith85 what a lovely way to start the day :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Maybe we should have an entire thread for baby pics.  We could call it "My baby is the cutest" :smile:
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 Oh Facebook... how I loathe the little devil... but MAYBE. Just maybe. 
    Did you already have your GBS test?
  • Options
    Oh gawd, I just remembered that one is the swab, I was thinking it was something else for a moment, don't mind me. And don't answer that.
  • Options
    I had a bagel for breakfast and then a huge coffee roll. No shame lately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options

@bnsmith85 The same thing happened to me at my appointment yesterday! Did an NST, urine, blood pressure, all that good stuff, got placed in the room to wait for the doc. A couple minutes later the nurse strolls in and goes "You need the strep test today, I forgot. Bottom's off, here's a gown." and waltzed right out. Thanks for the warning!

Also got a cervix check, which I'll be getting every week now. Damn that thing hurt and made me bleed. :(

Question for y'all: doc said I'm 1cm dilated... she said it's normal (and good for me, since they want me to deliver early anyway), but I'm just wondering when others started dilating. Is 34 weeks a common time to start getting dilation underway? I thought that was kind of soon...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    But then I'd actually have to MAKE a Facebook... can somebody just invite FI? Haha 

@MRSCORKER  How would I go about using a spoiler box? I'm a format newb. And I'm a mobile bumper if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 I would do some pretty despicable things for a brownie right now...
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid There's a little paragraph symbol. If you click on that, you'll see the spoiler box. You just have to highlight whatever you want in it and then click on it. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @ibabyloveb87 brownies sound magical.  I might have to make some.  But a nearby pie shop is selling peanut butter banana pie this week only for sweet week.  Decisions, decisions.