January 2017 Moms

The Nursery Thread

Re: The Nursery Thread

• @shlecka I'm so excited to see it come together! Wes Anderson style is a great direction to go in! MoonRise Kingdom would be a perfect combo adventure/Wes inspiration. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish mine would.  I've been on him to put in the closet system all weekend but he had a sudden urgent need to reorganize the garage.  When he finally sat down to do it at 7:00 tonight and realized he needed to make a Home Depot run it was too late.  I am annoyed.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sagoon said:
    I wish mine would.  I've been on him to put in the closet system all weekend but he had a sudden urgent need to reorganize the garage.  When he finally sat down to do it at 7:00 tonight and realized he needed to make a Home Depot run it was too late.  I am annoyed.
    Yea we didn't exactly get started without an argument! Lol! We still had some things in the room that needed to go to the garage and attic. Instead he just takes them into the guest bedroom so now that room looks all junky! I got mad and said "we are just transferring junk from one room go another" and started crying and told him I didn't want to do any of it haha! So he decided he needed to go wash the cars.... Men! 
  • @shlecka and @gonetothesea I had to google who Wes Anderson was--I LOVE the grand Budapest hotel.  What others of his movies would you recommend (for watching, not nursery decorating ) 
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • zdmd_14 said:
    @shlecka and @gonetothesea I had to google who Wes Anderson was--I LOVE the grand Budapest hotel.  What others of his movies would you recommend (for watching, not nursery decorating ) 
    I love your cat library print! So cute!  All of Wes Anderson's movies are great.  My favorite is Rushmore, but they're all worth a see! Fantastic Mr. Fox is a children's movie, so it's great for the whole family to watch.  He doesn't have too many movies, so you could easily go through them over the weekend. :)
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• @Knottie1443924966 oh man. I can't afford anything from restoration hardware (still paying off student loans from my college and DH's med school) but it is my FAVORITE place to window shop online - I even think it's cuter than Pottery Barn kids or land of nod! That's a beautiful crib! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• My mom just bought us our crib! I saw someone on here posted about a target sale with a gift card back so I relayed the message and voila! In love with it! Can't wait to get into the new house and start setting everything up!

Love it!
  • @zdmd_14 Oh man you really can't go wrong. If you like Grand Budapest I would recommend The Darjeeling Limited for sure, Royal Tenenbaums is always a classic, and Life Aquatic! Our nursery will probably pull from Moonrise Kingdom, Life Aquatic, and maybe some Fantastic Mr Fox. Really just using his styling and bold colors that you always see in his movies.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loving seeing al these ideas ladies!!!  

When we moved in to our house almost two years ago we picked out a neutral color for what one day may be a nursery!! We picked a very light gray!  I can't wait to deck it out for my little girl. Buuut the ultrasound tech said not to decorate until my next ultrasound bc she was not cooperating but she said she felt confident enough to say girl. Gah!!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• I LOVE all of these neutral walls with gray tones! Our last rental had yellowish beige walls that were so gross! Hoping our new place has at least just plain white!
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Thank you I'm totally in love with it. And seriously excited!!
  • Tomorrow I'm painting DD'S accent wall! I'm super excited to be done with the big things! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @smiley-1980
    i love the shade of blue on the rug & drapes! 
  • I remember seeing a post on this thread a while ago about where to buy frames.  I just got an email from Michaels about a huge frame sale starting today.  

Loving all the nurseries and wishing we were painting ours, but we are moving in April when our lease is up.  Can't wait to get into a house and really decorate her room.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• That was me @lillynch2015 thanks for the info!   LilLynch2015 said:
    I remember seeing a post on this thread a while ago about where to buy frames.  I just got an email from Michaels about a huge frame sale starting today.  

Loving all the nurseries and wishing we were painting ours, but we are moving in April when our lease is up.  Can't wait to get into a house and really decorate her room.
  • Love all these ideas!

Is anyone else stuck in a one bedroom and sharing their room with baby? If so, what are you guys doing? I still want to get to decorate and create a space for my little guy. Our room is pretty big so we aren't limited on space.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love all these ideas!

Is anyone else stuck in a one bedroom and sharing their room with baby? If so, what are you guys doing? I still want to get to decorate and create a space for my little guy. Our room is pretty big so we aren't limited on space.
    We will be sharing a room with baby for an undetermined amount of time.  I thought about buying a second crib and giving the baby her own space in our room, but she isnt going to be in our room forever and she isn't going to even remember this time. 

If you are having a crib in your room, you could put some decals up on the wall or maybe like a mobile or canopy above the bed to give baby their own space.
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• @LeahNicole Those are gorgeous! 
  • @gonetothesea omggggggg I love!!!
    Thanks so much! :smiley:
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• sagoonsagoon member
    edited September 2016
    @gonetothesea It is adorable!

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @gonetothesea amazing! I love it all. Now you can just sit in there and dream about your little boy. 
  • @gonetothesea amazing! I love it all. Now you can just sit in there and dream about your little boy. 
    Thanks so much! And yes, I've been spending quite a bit of time in there lately. ;)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• @gonetothesea WOW that looks so awesome!!!

We haven't even started the nursery yet! Got a very nice amazon nursery list though! The room was recently painted grey with white trim before the pregnancy, so it's a good base. Put in brand new hardwood floors as well at the same time. Think we are going for a starry night nursery, with hues of white, grey and baby blue. Could mix in a bit of baby star wars items. A tardis mobile would be cute too! The tardis is from Doctor Who, travels through space and time. 

January is looking like it'll be here a lot quicker than I thought! I better get started.........
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I finally printed out artwork for DD2's nursery! It's been on my to do list for like a month. Now I have to find frames I like and put them up. This feels like such a slow process this time around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • How is everyone making the inspiration collage things? At least a few of you have posted them on here. 
  • zdmd_14 said:
    How is everyone making the inspiration collage things? At least a few of you have posted them on here. 
    I make mine on the polyvore website!